Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mookster
Jun 27, 2006
Oh look, it's a sailboat!
A Lego fantasy board game a la Warhammer Quest?

http://smashing-bricks.com/2011/02/08/lego-heroica-board-games/

Count me in!

Edit: And now with a picture for the new page:

Mookster fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Oh, wow. I am instantly and irrevocably in love. Cupid put too much poison in the dart. I need that in my life immediately.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Seeing that has inspired me to create a modular, multi-theme dungeon crawl game. Spent the last couple hours making robot bugs and stuff. Now if only I can convince my girlfriend to play it with me once I'm finished making it.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...

Saint Sputnik posted:

Seeing that has inspired me to create a modular, multi-theme dungeon crawl game. Spent the last couple hours making robot bugs and stuff. Now if only I can convince my girlfriend to play it with me once I'm finished making it.

Post that here, man. I've been wanting to do something similar.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!
I enjoyed putting this together. One of the few instances where I approve of stickers.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
uh, I think you need to look at the wheel/bumper assembly on the trailer again. I think you've got it sticking out a bit too far.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Schindler's Fist posted:

I enjoyed putting this together. One of the few instances where I approve of stickers.

I wasn't going to buy that set as it's recursion scared me (a Lego truck delivering models of itself) but that cab looks sweeeeeeeeeet.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Schindler's Fist posted:

It's a lot cooler than the Toys'R'Us one, I think.

I got a gift cert for a major store chain for my birthday. They've got some Lego so I'm probably gonna pick up a small set together with the things a actually need tomorrow. :) Either one of the Star Wars battle-packs or that little Space Police III fighter.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

It's a lot cooler than the Toys'R'Us one, I think.

I got a gift cert for a major store chain for my birthday. They've got some Lego so I'm probably gonna pick up a small set together with the things a actually need tomorrow. :) Either one of the Star Wars battle-packs or that little Space Police III fighter.

The last time I was at Toys "R" Us and compared them, and brick for brick they are the exact same truck, save for the colors and stickers, but you are right, the LEGO one is much cooler.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ireladd posted:

The last time I was at Toys "R" Us and compared them, and brick for brick they are the exact same truck, save for the colors and stickers, but you are right, the LEGO one is much cooler.

Exact same truck, but the TRU version also comes with a little storefront and another minifig.

And I already had a bunch of those yellow panels from having a couple of those Space Truck Getaway sets. :)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

BEEP BEEP

AWESOME MOC COMING THROUGH

This is totally the way all Lego should be photographed

Dudes entire website is full of amazing photos

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Sockser posted:

BEEP BEEP

AWESOME MOC COMING THROUGH

This is totally the way all Lego should be photographed

Dudes entire website is full of amazing photos

To hell with his trucks, check out his machinery pages. loving 4.2 meter crane!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
That crane is pretty drat impressive. And I want the TRU truck just because I like blue more :cool:

Also, a new old build report: the Deep Freeze Defender is still awesome.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES
Any of you dudes play brikwars?

http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2005/cover.htm

2010 rules are almost done.
http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2010/cover.htm

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

InfinEight posted:

That crane is pretty drat impressive. And I want the TRU truck just because I like blue more :cool:

Also, a new old build report: the Deep Freeze Defender is still awesome.

Until you posted the two side by side, I didn't realize that the new trans orange is different than the old trans orange. Which sucks, since Ice Planet is one of my favorite old themes, and your "update" had inspired me to use my Mars Mission pieces to supplement their fleet. :(

I love your take on the DFD, though.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

The new orange is really different from the old. It's more of an amber color really. I like either one for different reasons; the old is a lot more ORANGE and more striking, while the new allows a lot more transparency.

And I could be wrong, but it looks like the Alien Conquest theme will be using the old transparent orange, which is interesting.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...

dirtycajun posted:

Any of you dudes play brikwars?

http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2005/cover.htm

2010 rules are almost done.
http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2010/cover.htm

How are the new rules? the old ones didn't really grab me.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I would play Brikwars, but that would require knowing other AFOLs. :smith:

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES

Joudas posted:

How are the new rules? the old ones didn't really grab me.

Not all the way done yet but they look really cool.

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010

InfinEight posted:

...it looks like the Alien Conquest theme will be using the old transparent orange, which is interesting.

At least the series is paying some homage to older space themes...I can't tell you how disappointed I was to see the first official set photos come out without the trans yellow windscreens that were shown on the original leaks :(

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Joudas posted:

Post that here, man. I've been wanting to do something similar.

The rules will be dirt-simple, much simpler than BrikWars. You pick a guy (pirate, spaceman, knight, etc.), that determines your starting gear (short range sword, medium range axe, long range gun), you run through linear pathways fighting skeletons and robots and getting weapons and gold. Dice-based movement and combat, final score based on the number of studs on the gold you get (I don't have any of the pirate coins anymore but I have plenty of clear yellow bricks in 2x2 and smaller).

My environments will also have to be dirt-simple since I don't have a fraction of the collection I used to, and I'm missing all the old cool stuff like trees and monkeys and poo poo. Plenty of skeletons though.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Mascot posted:

At least the series is paying some homage to older space themes...I can't tell you how disappointed I was to see the first official set photos come out without the trans yellow windscreens that were shown on the original leaks :(

I was surprised and then disappointed too, I think they actually looked better with the yellow.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

A lot of those are pretty excellent!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Drawf, Dinosaur, Mobster, Gladiator, Sherlock, and even the College Grad are all awesome

What we need less of are loving pop stars and skiers.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Baby chimpanzee. That is the best thing.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

That Lego redneck is awesome.

Testro
May 2, 2009
I've not bought any minifigs yet, but that may change with this set - they look great.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sloppy posted:

That Lego redneck is awesome.

He's a lumberjack, not inherently a redneck.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Testro posted:

I've not bought any minifigs yet, but that may change with this set - they look great.

That helmet is so awesome I have to buy one.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sockser posted:

He's a lumberjack, not inherently a redneck.

You play Lego your way, I'll play mine :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sloppy posted:

You play Lego your way, I'll play mine :colbert:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26184362@N04/2836332185
http://www.flickr.com/photos/72635252@N00/2571717612

Electric Shoes
Oct 21, 2010
I haven't collected any of the minifig bags yet (can't find them anywhere,) but I absolutely must own most of that new set. (gladiator, British guard, dwarf, sherlock, Cleopatra!)I don't want to buy them online though, it seems that trying to feel the bags for specific figures is half the fun!

Also: The medieval market village is awesome! It took me an evening to build, and is now one of my favorite sets.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I'm at the Toys r Us in Puyallup right now, and they've got most of 2 boxes of S3 and they're buy one get one half off.

Employee said they still don't have a concrete date beyond april for S4.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
That stole for the college grad is pretty great!

Time to turn it around and make a Rider lego.

Lord Gold
Feb 22, 2005

'STACHE
WE CAN BELIEVE IN

Holy poo poo, I love how the Qui Gon Jinn hairpiece makes the perfect mullet.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Oh man that gladiator. Just found some S3 at Walmart and got a few. Got the gorilla, which as it turns out is a guy in a gorilla costume - he has sweat beads on his head, the mask has eyeholes and there's a zipper on his back. The detail is incredible.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!
Just got the $10 Pharaoh's Quest set. I'm really liking the khopesh and scarab shield designs, and they're a lot less fragile than I was afraid.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

Oh man that gladiator. Just found some S3 at Walmart and got a few. Got the gorilla, which as it turns out is a guy in a gorilla costume - he has sweat beads on his head, the mask has eyeholes and there's a zipper on his back. The detail is incredible.

I've been watching WAY too much spartacus to not want that gladiator. The viking and the gangster are pretty sweet, too.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Pyroclastic posted:

I'm at the Toys r Us in Puyallup right now, and they've got most of 2 boxes of S3 and they're buy one get one half off.

Employee said they still don't have a concrete date beyond april for S4.

? Just saw 4 S4s at the local TRU, didn't bother picking them up. I still haven't bought any S3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Those new minifigs look amazing. Only got about half of the S3 ones so far so should maybe step up my game, but really Im not bothered about a lot of them.

The new ones though, so many good ones there.