Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
:siren: New openings at my comppany APPLY TODAY! :siren:

Who are we? We are Singlehop a growing dedicated managed hosting company. What was once a tiny startup has blossemed into a decent sized dedicated hosting company. We are at around 5000 servers now (no idea real count it's probably higher than this), two data center locations one outside of the loop and the other in Elk Grove, lots of clients and lots of fun.
Where?: Chciago, IL
What?: Dedicated Hosting
Perks: Fun team, lots of goons on staff (5 now I believe), you get to work with me and lots of company parties, insurance, vision/dental, bonuses etc
Who we want: Linux ninjas and a senior network administrator. We are not paying for relocation at this time.

Support Technician
Primary duties include fielding calls and answering trouble tickets from customers, troubleshooting software issues, basic troubleshooting of Apache, MySQL, BIND, and above all excellent customer service skills.
Following skills are needed:

Knowledgeable with troubleshooting, building, and maintaining computer hardware
* Understanding of all Windows based OS’s (2k3 and 2k8, Web, Standard, and Enterprise)
* Understanding of Linux (primarily CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, FreeBSD)
* cPanel/WHM and Plesk experience is a plus!
* Excellent with time management & prioritization
* Must communicate well (via phone and in person)
* Must work well in a team environment

Preferable experience would include:

* In-depth experience of above mentioned operating systems, as well as ESX and ESXi, VMWare, Hyper-V and other popular hypervisors
* A good understanding of Enterprise (server) hardware
* Knowledge of RAID systems, what they do and how they work
* Previous data center experience
* Understanding of networking technologies and static routing
* Experience with Cisco Firewalls

The above mentioned traits could make you a perfect fit for a place in our ever-expanding company, however it is only required that you have a general understanding of all of the above, as well as a passion for the work. We have made our name on being one of the quickest, friendliest, and most accurate IT team in the business. System Administrations typically work out of our Randolph St. office or out of our west loop datacenter. We are looking to fill this position immediately. To apply for this position, please email your resume to jobapps [at] singlehopinc.com

This position is for second (early evening to late evening) and third (overnight) shift only. Do not apply if you can't work them!

Senior Network Administrator
Following skills are needed:
- Knowledge of routing and switching, including in-depth knowledge of Cisco products
- Experience managing and administrating a datacenter network
- Strong understanding of open source monitoring and automation tools
- Excellent with time management & prioritization
- 3-5 years of experience in ISP environment highly desired
- Must communicate well
- Must work well in a team environment

Preferable experience would include:

- Working knowledge of PHP, Python, and expect/tcl/tk scripting languages
- Working experience with open source telephony systems
- Appropriate certifications (CCIP, CCIE)
- Previous data center experience
- Understanding of networking technologies and static routing
- Experience with Cisco Firewalls

To apply email me your resumes with the subject code [SAJOB] and I will forward to my boss who will be in contact with you. My email is sbowling@singlehop.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stares At Floor
Mar 4, 2007
Contracting Job

Who we are: Florida Education Institute. A technical school located in Miami, FL. We have one campus and one Administrative office. We are currently in the process of opening an additional campus per year for the next two years.

---

Job title: SQL 2008 (contract, per job basis)
What we want: A well versed SQL DBA/engineer who is able to work remotely. Must have an understanding of AD. Initially we need help setting up merge replication across a VPN over a T1. You must have done this type of replication before. Moving forward we will need help with setting up some kind of custom reporting tool.
Why you'd want to consider this: You can work remotely. There is only one IT person to take direction from: me.

I prefer to be quoted a flat fee for jobs. I promise there will be no scope creep. Although we are a for-profit organization we are a school and unfortunately I don't have the luxury of a huge budget, so please take this into consideration when quoting work. You can PM or otherwise message me at ripeart [at] gmail [dot] com.

Thank you!

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

Figure I'll give this a spin, I'm looking for a change of venue.

My experience: 3.5 Years helpdesk/phone support, 3.5 years jack of all trades IT contractor for the small business market (3-70 users). Right now I'm a weird combination of desktop support, server admin, offsite backup admin and whatever else comes up with a windows or general hardware focus. I can deploy, upgrade or fix AD, rollout exchange, or just set up shared printers for your tiny office.
What I'm looking for: I'm pretty open minded, as much as I like riding herd on servers, I still enjoy helping users.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk, hardcore *nix or network administration(Don't have the chops), anything that is going to regularly demand 70 hours a week, contract jobs.
Where I live: Central Oklahoma
Where I'm looking: Central Oklahoma, a move with in the region(OK, MO, KS, AR) would be possible.
When I can start: After two weeks notice to my current employer.
Requirements: Health insurance would be keen.
Can be reached via: PMs, please.

dug fin
Oct 14, 2004
The boil on the ass of your happiness
Interesting thread. Participating :

16 years experience in IT.

• Currently, and for the last 8 years, I have been focused on Web Administration, primarily WebSphere, though I have done quite a bit of WebLogic, Tomcat and JBoss. Truth be told, I would put my knowledge of WebSphere up against anyone short of the tech leads at IBM (I regularly talk with Bill O'Donnell and his peers on various topics - hopefully WebSphere heads know who he is/what he does).

• I have worked with a plethora of technologies (Do you know how much a pleethora ees?) including: Apache, WebSeal, LDAP, AD, NAS Arrays, Wily, Precise, NetScalars, MQ (not directly in the last 5 years, though I keep abreast of changes, and not much has changed), NCiphers (and a small amount of some other hardware crypto), ClearCase (I admin'd all of Citi's ClearCase servers).

• I have done development work on just about every language I can think of, except Ruby (there may be one or two others, but they're not coming to mind). I don't want to do development professionally, but I do use various languages to build tools for performance analysis and testing of JVMs. I am Sun JAVA certified and know about the internal operations of JAVA (GC, memory management, class loading, etc) and can perform very fine grain tuning. Additionally, (as our web developers continually discover to their unhappiness), I'm not above de-compiling code and tracing from that level to find where performance impacts originate.

• Prior to Web Administration, I was primarily a unix engineer/sysad on, at various times, RedHat, Tru64, Sun and AIX. I have administered large database systems (from the systems side, not the DBA side). I admin a fairly big Ubuntu network at home (who doesn't) that includes 8 servers and several distributed apps that I've written to do management of data (along with automated testing of several of my employer's applications).

• I am certified on many process methodologies including ISO and ITIL. I have done project management, and have done a fair amount of team management, though I was told that my role in the technical side of the business was critical enough that my management team wanted to keep me in a technical role.

• I look kick rear end in a suit, and am an awesome dude. Plus, I won't make out with your wife/husband. You have my word.

Work Experience

I have done work for MCI WorldCom, CitiMortgage and Monsanto. My current employee is a Fortune 500 company, and I am one of the web group's technical leads and SMEs (Particularly in respect to WebSphere and Apache). Not going to say whom that's with, for confidentiality reasons.

What I'm looking for

I'm currently in St Louis, so either something close to there or something in the pacific northwest. I rather not go to the east coast, or ohio, or texas, or ohio; though, I'd probably consider those for the right job in the right salary range.

Right now, including incentive bonuses and profit sharing, I'm making around 120k a year, with absolute job security, so if I made a move I'd want to make the local equivalent of at least that and a non-temporary role. That's an expensive price tag, but I'm not a first or second tier support web admin - I specialize in deep dive and troubleshooting support to a level that most WAs cannot provide; though I don't mind being part of an on call rotation.

Right now I have no internal escalation point for technical issues; when something gets to me, if I'm not able to solve it, it doesn't get fixed - that's the way I like it, as it keeps me on edge. To date, there haven't been many problems that I haven't been able to solve, and almost all of those were code issues that I had no influence over and the development organizations weren't willing to investigate the fixes that I'd suggested.

As for why I'm looking - it's good to keep one's options open. Quite frankly, I'm technically bored where I am. I haven't had anything that has really challenged me in many years, and I've made myself too valuable in my current role to branch out into other things. A new chance somewhere to get some growth and different experience is very attractive.

If anyone has a job that fits criteria and you're looking for someone, drop me a PM and I'll give you my information on Linked in as well as references, if you'd like.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Sure, why not.

My experience: BS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from a top-tier school, about 1.5 years doing Ruby on Rails and MySQL stuff for a well-known (in the ~startup community~) startup, a couple years each of Java, Python, C/C++, and some small amount of the Javascript/HTML/CSS trifecta
What I'm looking for: A position as a software dev in San Francisco, preferably doing back-end work. I don't really know enough front-end to be a pure front-end dev, but I can do basic stuff if necessary. I like Java and Python, and Ruby's actually really grown on me, so working with one of those languages would be pretty cool. I'm also interested in mobile app development, but have never done it before.
What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk/Support, QA/Testing, Sysadministration
Where I live: Bay Area, CA
Where I'm looking: San Francisco, CA (I'm planning to move there within a month)
When I can start: I'd prefer May 1, giving me some time to gently caress around, but I can start 1-2 weeks after accepting an offer, if necessary
Requirements: Um, whatever, I guess
Can be reached via: email me at stephen.t.colbear at gmail.com for my resume

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Hey so it's looking like I got a job thanks for your time guys :)

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Orange Juilius posted:

My experience: 5+ years supporting Windows-based networks both internally and for external clients in small to large (>10,000 user) offices, MSCA, MCP, A+, etc. I have worked for a few years as a malware removal engineer at Sophos, currently employed at JPMorgan Chase as a L2 Help Desk technician and desperate to get out of the churn and into an admin position where I can do some actual good in terms of implementing login scripts / group policy / packaging software / securing networks from attack.
What I'm looking for: A Windows System Administrator or Network Security Administrator position with like minded IT professionals who are passionate about the job.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk, phone based client support
Where I live: Columbus, OH area
Where I'm looking: Anywhere opportunity takes me
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Looking for $50k+ range, health insurance is a must. I am tired of being a contractor for 1 year+ before being hired on.
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, jamis.eichenauer at gmail dot com, jamis.eichenauer on skype

There is a position that just opened up @ Abercrombie and Fitch Home Office that you may be interested in:

Job Description

NetBackup Storage Administrator
Description

This individual will be responsible for all functionality related to backup and recovery within the enterprise using Symantec NetBackup and data de-duplication technologies as well as for configuration, support and problem determination of a storage environmt using EMC, IBM, and CISCO SAN equipment. The individual will work closely with system engineers and development teams on all storage and backup related requests.

KEY DUTIES/JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management of Symantec Netbackup Infrastructure
Management of Remote Netbackup PureDisk Infrastructure
Management of both EMC and IBM storage subsystems
Management of Cisco SAN fabrics
Management of EMC NAS based solution
Report on backup and storage environment for capacity planning
Management of NAS based replication to DR facility
Management of RecoverPoint replication to DR facility
Management of DataDomain de-duplication technology
Management of Enterprise Vault infrastructure
Contact vendor support hardware or software issues to resolve problems
Work with compliance team to maintain PCI and SOX system requirements
Work with Legal team on Litigation requirements and holds
Be available for rotating 24/7 on-call support
Qualifications

4 Year degree in an IT related field
Must poses excellent communication and organization skills, including a keen attention to detail.
Must poses ability to simultaneously prioritize and manage a variety of complex project tasks, and support activities in a fast paced environment.
Ability to work well in a small team with shared responsibilities.
Minimum 4 years in Information Technology disciplines
Minimum 2 years experience in Backup software management (preferably Netbackup)
Minimum 2 years experience with IBM and EMC storage subsystems
Minimum 2 years experience with Cisco SAN fabrics
Experience with EMC replication technologies

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location OH-Columbus

Schedule Full-time

You can find the listing @ the top of the careers page online today. Hope this helps.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

My boss just asked me if I knew anyone who does Web Dev. I don't but I thought maybe someone here might want to look into it. This job is in NYC. Basically it's a job running the Grad School of Architecture's website.

https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=123471

Position Information:
Job Title Assistant Manager, GSAPPonline
Job Requisition Number 061317
Department 110-SCH ARCH PLANN/PRES
Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular
Job Family Technical / Information Technology
Salary Grade 10
Salary Range Commensurate with experience

Advertised Summary Job Description Reporting to the Manager of GSAPPonline and the Dean, the Assistant Manager of GSAPPonline will be the primary point person for students, faculty, and administrators for the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP) website and will be responsible for web design, maintenance, and content updating for all material produced by the School.

Responsiblities include:

- Create/modify/optimize graphics and multimedia assets for website.

- Design and code HTML/CSS for individual pages within GSAPP's CMS framework.

- Serve as point person for students, faculty, and GSAPP administration who wish to put content online. This include training, advising, and managing updates.

- Test and troubleshoot web pages across platforms and various browsers.

-Other duties as assigned / requested.

PLEASE NOTE: Applicant's cover letter should provide URL of an online portfolio of work that demonstrates graphic design and front-end coding skills.

Ablity to write clean and valid HTML and CSS by hand. Understanding of JQuery, PHP, and XML. Excellent communication skills. Extensive knowledge of design programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash. Must possess the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.

Applicant's cover letter should provide URL of an online portfolio of work that demonstrates graphic design and front-end coding skills.

Good luck everybody.

Gelob
Jun 9, 2006

To those in the Dallas, TX area, Limestone Networks is still looking for an experienced PHP Programmer. We are also looking for some additional Support Technicians now.

If you know PHP checkout my post here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3075135&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=30#post388132668

If your interested in the Support Tech position go here: http://www.limestonenetworks.com/home/employment_tse.html

Even if you don't meet all of the requirements go ahead and apply anyways and let me know. Feel free to PM me or add GOON in your subject so we know where it came from.

brc64, I'm not sure if you were actually interested in a job or just wanted to add to the OP before but here is a heads up :)

Ninja Dan, you should apply and let me know once you do :)

fatman1683, I don't think this position is what your looking for but if your interested let me know.

:edit:

Position Filled by a goon, Thanks!

Gelob fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 26, 2012

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Who are we? A startup that does online video analytics and campaign analysis.

Where are we? Boston, MA

What are we looking for?
* Software engineer with 0-4 years of experience.
* Experience programming in Java, Python, Shell scripting, and SQL
Bonuses:
* Experience with Vertica, NoSQL solutions
* Experience with OSS: Hadoop, Jetty, Ant, Maven, Fabric
* Sense of humor and enthusiasm to contribute to our startup culture
* Knowledge of agile development and scrum

What will you do?
* Contribute as a member of the core data team which is responsible for the systems that crunch and warehouse data
* Work on cutting edge technologies such as Hadoop [is this really cutting edge any more?] and Vertica
* Build software components for new products
* Contribute to the R&D and build-out of future analytics systems
* Add new features to existing core data systems to improve performance and scalability
* Help refine our software development process

You can PM me or email me at my name + slice on gmail.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 8, 2011

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
zip

revmoo fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 30, 2013

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

revmoo,

Texas in general is pretty drat nice place to relocate to. Nice weather, the economy is doing better than most, housing is relatively stable, and cost of living is reasonable. The Dallas Metroplex, Austin, San Antonio and Houston are all doing very well and there's plenty of jobs.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Any companies you'd like to recommend for me to apply to in the region?

The thought of being able to run summer tires year-round is appealing...

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Revmoo: Columbus, OH is very good too. My current employer (Abercrombie & Fitch) is constantly hiring new ecommerce people. Front-end, backend, design, db, etc. We've hired at least 30 people in the past 6 months.

Columbus, OH in general is HUGE for corporate retail: Victoria's Secret, Limited Brands, The Limited (stores), Express, Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works, DSW, Big Lots, Safelite Auto, Tween Brands, etc.

There are quite a few large insurance companies and banks that have headquarters here as well. Check it out!

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I will, it's relatively local, have family near there and it's a nice town.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
I actually know at least one person who is probably looking for a backend web dev guy in Columbus, OH. I could probably pass on your information to him (and thus, to his company) if you'd like. I have PMs, or email my name at gmail

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

My company has another position open! :frogsiren: I have referred one goon hire that my boss is in love with so make me look good and be the third good goon we hire.

Who we are: IT consulting firm

Where we are: DC, Northern VA, Montgomery County

Job title: MS network engineer/administrator.

You will be providing software and hardware computer consulting (everything "from demarc to desktop") to clients, mostly small clients up to 20 users. You will be on site with clients probably 100% of the time meaning you have to dress nicely and be polite to people. You will rarely see your boss or any actual coworkers. No clearance or anything like that. MCSE preferred.

Salary: over 60k probably

PM me if interested in more information.

Dans Macabre fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 25, 2011

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
I'll be moving to another job shortly, so my position will be up for grabs. They'll be very motivated to fill it.

Who we are: IT support group for a large hospital network
Where we are: Florida - near Orlando
Job Title: Citrix Sysadmin

There's a lot going on. 200+ server XenApp 4.5 farm, upgrades to 5 and 6 in the works. XenDesktop in proof of concept. NetScaler rolling out. Main responsibilities are taking call, working Citrix-related tickets, and projects as assigned.

Hit me up at sa.glowsticks on GMail.

Trampstamp
Feb 15, 2010
Who: Some Vendor for Microsoft
Job Title: Technical Writer
Where: Redmond

Preferred experience stuff:
Knows how to use styles in Word.
Exchange experience, 2010 preferred.
Messaging Infrastructure experience a bonus.
Social and can interface with many engineers to document processes.
Maintain pool of process documents by resolving tickets submitted by document consumers.
Can dive into problems for process discovery.

Salary: 60-65K

I'm moving to a different position and boss asked me help find a replacement. Please send me a short technical writing sample with resume.

techwriter1231 .. hotmail.com.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gelob posted:

To those in the Dallas, TX area, Limestone Networks is still looking for an experienced PHP Programmer. We are also looking for some additional Support Technicians now.

If your interested in the Support Tech position go here: http://www.limestonenetworks.com/home/employment_tse.html

You have an email. :)

LesbianJesus
Oct 28, 2003

by toby
Job Title : Senior Service Technician
Location : Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada (A city with full services)
Job Description : On site service for small business to small enterprise.
Experience Required : Windows Break / Fix - Networking Experience - TCIP/DNS/EXCHANGE etc. Customer Service, experience smiling and putting up with peoples poo poo (to an extent). Sattelite internet, automation and controls, mobile integration and pretty much any experience an asset.
Certifications : MSCE and asset, MSCE CNA or better attained within 1 year (at company expense)
Pay : Higher than average.

This position is a long term position that will evolve into a customer service and service managers position in a company of 4-8 people.

Must be willing and legally able to work in Canada. Travel to remote villages and mine sites etc. Must enjoy both sunshine and darkness.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

spaceship posted:

There is a position that just opened up @ Abercrombie and Fitch Home Office that you may be interested in:

Job Description

NetBackup Storage Administrator

You can find the listing @ the top of the careers page online today. Hope this helps.
Thank you for this, just applied.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Trampstamp posted:

Who: Some Vendor for Microsoft
Job Title: Technical Writer
Where: Redmond

I'm moving to a different position and boss asked me help find a replacement. Please send me a short technical writing sample with resume.
I've always thought that technical writing sounded like an interesting job, but I really don't know much about it. Do people typically have some sort of English or Journalism type degree going into something like that?

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

brc64 posted:

I've always thought that technical writing sounded like an interesting job, but I really don't know much about it. Do people typically have some sort of English or Journalism type degree going into something like that?

Translating Engineering jargon to dumb people jargon = not easy.

edit: Translating anything technical to everyday speak = not fun.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Cizzo posted:

Translating Engineering jargon to dumb people jargon = not easy.

edit: Translating anything technical to everyday speak = not fun.
To you, maybe, but that's a large part of what I enjoy doing in my current job. That lightbulb moment when the person you're trying to explain things to finally gets it is great.

That said, I worry that doing that sort of thing day in and day out without any other real job functions would drive me mad after a few months, no matter how much I might enjoy it at first.

BeefofAges
Jun 5, 2004

Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the cows of war.

I'd hate to be the technical writers I work with. They try to write user manuals using buggy, incomplete software, all on a kind of ridiculous schedule.

3spades
Mar 20, 2003

37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

Customer: In a row?
Who are we?
Voxel (http://www.voxel.net) delivers high-performance Internet infrastructure. Services include on-demand physical and virtual cloud servers, the VoxCAST Global Content Delivery Network (CDN), and a full suite of Managed Services for complex hosting deployments.

Where are we?
Downtown NYC @ 29 Broadway [Map]

Responsibilities:

* We are currently looking for a Linux Systems Administrator for our for our New York office. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-faced, highly technical environment and want to grow into a Linux and Internet Networking expert, Voxel may be the place for you. This job is for our New York-based operations team that manages infrastructure for our company and our clients.

Requirements:

* 2-5 years experience as a Linux Administrator
* Great interpersonal skills -- we deal with people AND technology
* Experience configuring and managing Apache, MySQL, and Various Linux Subsystems
* DNS and networking fundamentals including diagnostics with Unix tools
* Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper network platforms is preferred

Bonus Points:

* Previous experience as a Linux Administrator in large machine clusters preferred
* Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet or Chef
* Experience developing/debugging web applications

Perks:

* Voxel offers excellent benefits, the opportunity to be part of a small team (<15 people) that manages thousands of servers and a large international IP backbone, and some quality perks (like free lunches, vacation days, paid healthcare, etc).
* Although we look and smell like a startup, we're profitable and have been around for 10 years. Enjoy the startup scene without wondering if the next funding round will come through.
* We are a global company, with opportunities to work in Europe and Asia (Singapore)

Misc: Young company looking to fill the ranks with some chill people who know their poo poo. Someone who can take a task and master it without needing constant direction/supervision. Dress and talk is casual. Pay may start as poo poo but experience and performance earns you more.

We are not offering any relocation pay unless you're a loving superstar. We would prefer someone from around the area.

Apply Here; Tick 'Include Cover Letter' to drop in any comments.

Feel free to email me with any questions: lennyz [AT] voxel [dot] net
Our email is doing some greylisting so it may take 20 minutes before I get your message.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005
Who are we?

Occu-Med started in 1979 as part of a government grant to ascertain rising workers compensation costs for Government agencies and private employers. Throughout the course of our 30+ years in business we have run clinics and performed 1 million+ medical examinations. Recently, we have started to work along side contractors deploying civilians overseas for the US Government and this has has resulted in a near quadrupling of the size of our business in 4 years. We expect to continue growing as we are still obtaining new contracts.

About us
I started working with the company as our 5th employee and we have rapidly grown to over 40. The last three consecutive years have been the most profitable years in our company's history.

We run exclusively on Apple computers, so Mac haters need not apply. This Mac exclusitivity doesn't necessarily apply to servers but anything IT does needs to be 100% mac compatible. Our company is small enough that if you can prove your value then you WILL move up. Individual accomplishments are recognized and rewarded and our Christmas parties are stories of legend. For the last 5 years our Employee of the Year has received a CAR as their bonus (Pontiac Solstice, BMW 335i, BMW Z4, BMW 328i, Porsche Boxter) and last year every person walked away with a brand spanking new iPad (even the girl that started 2 weeks before Christmas and quit 2 weeks later...bitch). Our CEO is the most generous person I have ever met and is more than willing to listen to the concerns of every employee.

I'm posting this on SA is because I believe that for the most part the people that post on SA, and in particular this sub-forum, is the type of person that would thrive at Occu-Med. When I started I had absolutely zero experience with Mac OS X Server and our internal DB application, Filemaker Pro. 3 years later (I did not start in IT) I would consider myself extremely proficient in both, as well as other aspects of IT. Currently I am the IT Director.

Another reason is that for the second time in as many years, we have had to turn down a multi-million dollar contract because our online capabilities are not what they should be in 2011. I have absolutely no experience whatsoever in developing web applications and I don't have the time to teach myself at this point.

Where are we?
Central Valley, CA - Fresno, CA

Responsibilities:
* Starting out I am looking for somebody to take over day to day computer janitor/tech support responsibilities and start the process of learning exactly what we do and how we do it. I just had to pull a 30 hour work day after our main OD/Fileserver crashed and I had to rebuild the entire thing from scratch. After our CEO found out about the whole 30 thing I was ok'd to look for somebody to help me in the future.
* Eventually you would start working on side projects that I have not yet had time to start myself (Internal wikipedia, redesign/reskin of current website, creation of internal technical documents, setting up image/patching deployment servers (i.e. Puppet) etc)
* After this, the sky is the limit. Teach yourself PHP and build a website that we've been trying to find a developer for years! Really, the unique thing about working for this company is that if you can show value to what you are doing, chances are that you'll be allowed to work on it.

"Requirements" (Quoted because these really aren't requirements, but the more experience you have in any related field the more points you get):
* Knowledge of Mac OS X Server/Client (OS X Shell scripting a plus)
* Filemaker Pro 10/11 development experience (a definite plus)
* Familiarity with various web technologies and CMS's (Python, MySQL, Python, Joomla, etc)
* DNS and networking fundamentals

More Bonus Points:
* Previous experience with Linux (termination of Mac Server product line means we will be changing away from xserv's in the future and I really don't want to have to teach myself Linux)
* ANY Experience developing/debugging web applications

Misc: I'm not going to sugar coat this post; the learning curve is steep and our process are EXTREMELY complex but if you have the drive and tenacity to learn what we do then you'll go far. You do need to work well on your own and don't expect to work from just 9-5.

Downsides
Relocation to Fresno, CA is required. (I doubt anyone on SA lives here) Read more about this fine town here.

Feel free to email me with any questions: jgill [AT] occu-med [dot] com

McDeth fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 31, 2011

HorusTheAvenger
Nov 7, 2005
This has been filled. Thanks!

HorusTheAvenger posted:

Hiring in: Waterloo, Ontario
Who we are: Primal
When: ASAP
What we do: Internet-scale personalized knowledge management solution
Job tile: Systems Administrator, IT Operations
Job posting: http://about.primal.com/about/careers/systems-admin/

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.
Here I Go!

My experience:
Supported wifi system in a hotel for a year. Some django experience. Some helpdesk experience.

What I'm looking for:
A job where I can learn new stuff. I really enjoy coding in python and webapps are great too. I'm not the best by any means but I love working with Django. Heck even a basic help desk entry level job would be great.

What I'm NOT looking for:
Anything Java.

Where I live:
California, Marysville.. up northish.

Where I'm looking:
Near the sacramento area

When I can start:
Any time, currently jobless :(

Requirements:
Interesting people to work with. I dont want to be depressed after an 8 hour shift every day :(

Can be reached via:
alan@dynamitealley.com

My github is here: http://github.com/ell/ - not much since I'm learning this whole git thing.

Thanks!

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Reposting this since I lost my job yesterday and can no longer afford to be picky.

My Experience: 5 years of first-line technical support in communications and software, 3 years of administering Windows Server-based PBXes in an environment where all the software is proprietary and none of it is documented in any way.

What I'm looking for: Windows server/workstation administration/support, not entry-level but not quite senior.
What I'm NOT looking for: Level 1 helpdesk, callcenters, or Linux support (though I'll learn anything needed as long as I'm getting paid). I'll try anything at this point.

Where I live: Dallas, TX area
Where I'm Looking: Dallas, TX area, preferably northish (McKinney, Plano, etc) anywhere I can drive to.

When I can start: I'd like to give my current employer 2 weeks, but immediately is possible for the right opportunity. Immediately.
Requirements: GOOD benefits, salary approaching $50k $40k

Can be reached via: This thread, PM, raaghassi at gmail

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008
I'm still a college student, majoring in 'network administration and security' and I can't seem to get a job even remotely related to computers, so I'd take help desk (I could use the experience!). I also have a fancy-pants resume I made

My experience: 1 year in warehousing/shipping, 6 months monitoring a computer lab
What I'm looking for: Anything in IT
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything related to warehouses
Where I live: North/northwest suburbs of Chicago
Where I'm looking: North/northwest suburbs of Chicago
When I can start: A couple weeks notice for my current employer.
Requirements: Decent pay; I may not love my job but it's not minimum wage. Also I'll need to take night classes so maybe a flexible schedule or one that can change slightly every 4-5 months.
Can be reached via: Here, PM, gmail at mcnallysm

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
why not give this a shot

My experience: BS in Electrical Engineering, 3 month software internship
What I'm looking for: Anything Electrical or Software Engineering
What I'm NOT looking for: i'd take most anything engineering related at this point
Where I live: The twin cities, MN
Where I'm looking: would take anywhere but would prefer either twin cities or chicago
When I can start: immediately
Requirements: something in the 55k range with benefits, relocation if not in Minnesota
Can be reached via: gmail riter.odinson

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
My experience: 6 years supporting Windows-based environments for both small (25), medium (200), and large (10,000+) businesses. I've spent time in helpdesk, deskside support, and junior server administrative roles. Experience with Windows XP/Vista/7, Server 2003/2008, Exchange 2003/2010, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Android/iOS/Blackberry/WindowsMobile, VOIP PBX's, and hardware repair. Have also supported Apple OSX in a small-business environment (as well as used in the home for several years), as well as Linux (Fedora, SuSE, and Ubuntu).
Current position: I'm providing almost all desktop support to a medium-sized tax consultancy firm with approximately 200 end-users, about 50 of whom are remote. This includes anything at the desktop level (OS issues, software hiccups, hardware failures and repair, user training) with no T3 backup. Am also picking up more of the server maintenance duties from our senior server admin, and will be involved with a major server migration from a Windows 2003 environment to a virtualized Server 2008 environment.
What I'm looking for: Tier2+ user support and a position where I can continue learning more about server and network administration.
What I'm NOT looking for: Tier1 (entry-level) support.
Where I live: Houston, TX
Where I'm looking: Houston, TX. Preferably inside the Loop.
When I can start: Two weeks from offer (to give notice to current employer).
Requirements: Health/dental/vision insurance (paid or group plan) is a must, basic paid vacation. Others are bonus.
Can be reached via: Gmail preferred, dlcoles(at)gmail.com

Professional references, resume, and cover letter available upon request.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My Experience: Three years in tier 2+ technical support / documentation / internal tools development, 2 years in technical sales/support. I've also been an onsite technician for a national bank, and a student mentor.
What I'm looking for: Technical support with an opportunity to prove myself in Quality Assurance or Development.
What I'm NOT looking for: Something that is labeled 'Technical Support' but is really a Boiler Room sales position.
Where I Live: Tempe, Arizona
Where I'm Looking: Anywhere in the Phoenix Metro Area.
When I Can Start: Immediately.
Requirements: Health / Vision Insurance. $30k
Can Be Reached via: kzin602(at)gmail.com

Fish Ladder Theory
Jun 7, 2005

Job opportunity! Chatsworth, California

The company I work for is looking for someone to take over as our webmaster, web programmer, etc. It's on craigslist, but if you contact me first I'll do my best to make sure you get an interview. Consider the qualifications listed highly flexible.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/web/2304888254.html

my email is mrobb @ currie tech dot com

Fish Ladder Theory fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 6, 2011

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Why are all the Texas goons with job openings in Austin or Dallas? You bums :argh:

My experience: 5+ years of PHP & Javascript (less of Python and Perl), ~4 of Linux server admining
What I'm looking for: Pref. a programming job, otherwise server admin/combo of both
What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk type work
Where I live: San Antonio, TX
Where I'm looking: San Antonio, TX
When I can start: Whenever
Requirements: Salaried with benefits
Can be reached via: ben@dq5studios.com
Resume available on request

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

duz posted:

Why are all the Texas goons with job openings in Austin or Dallas? You bums :argh:
I'm in Dallas and it hasn't helped me that much... :(

Ganon
May 24, 2003

brc64 posted:

I'm in Dallas and it hasn't helped me that much... :(

Have you found a new job since you posted this thread 2+ years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Ganon posted:

Have you found a new job since you posted this thread 2+ years ago?

Not yet. A few nibbles here and there, but not any interviews. Most of the jobs posted in Dallas have been programming-related positions, which isn't really my area.