Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The Clans sound like a bunch of sperglords with giant robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Trast posted:

The Clans sound like a bunch of sperglords with giant robots.

Pretty much - they're a 'warrior' society designed by a madman, with the intent of crippling their ability to actually make war in any sustainable sense.

The Clans were doomed from the start - once the Inner Sphere really gets it's poo poo together, sheer numbers (and a working understanding of logistics) makes the end result inevitable.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Kenlon posted:

Simple - you're at a greater disadvantage at range than you are up close. The Zeus doesn't have the ammo to take bad shots and hope to plink away at the enemy - you need to get inside where you can bring as much pain to bear as quickly as possible. Hopefully, the Clanners will gently caress up and let you get in physical combat range, but even without that, you're better off up close.

I'd probably agree if the goal was destruction of the enemy, but I think given that the objective is survival, they want to seek one or two long-range engagements with target numbers as high as possible to extend the fight.

Move 5 hexes, run through a building, or crash through the woods, just stay at as long and obscured a range as possible and hope they don't roll 9s or 10s or whatever. You're not going to hit poo poo, firing an AC/5 for 11s or something, but you'll survive longer than if you close and try to knife-fight a Clanner.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Bah! A Trueborn warrior needs such handicaps to make things challenging. Just means more glory, quiaff?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kenlon posted:

Pretty much - they're a 'warrior' society designed by a madman, with the intent of crippling their ability to actually make war in any sustainable sense.

The Clans were doomed from the start - once the Inner Sphere really gets it's poo poo together, sheer numbers (and a working understanding of logistics) makes the end result inevitable.

Also, their system is predicated on the idea that the most capable individual combatant is the one most qualified to lead an entire society.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

Also, their system is predicated on the idea that the most capable individual combatant is the one most qualified to lead an entire society.

Cain Velasquez for president.

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
So, I decided to try out that Neveron game cause of this thread, is anyone playing it, can tell me how to do anything? Supposedly the first quest is bugged and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do armed with only a Jeep.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I had a weird dream last night that the light mech (the wolfhound?) got jibbed on the first turn by a clanner.

It was a weird loving dream

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Mezzanon posted:

I had a weird dream last night that the light mech (the wolfhound?) got jibbed on the first turn by a clanner.

It was a weird loving dream

Sounds more like prophecy to me.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The Lyrans won't survive 20 turns - the game will be over by turn 15 because they'll have killed every clanner on the field!

At least, that's how it should go down, if you do things right and sweep cunningly down upon them to punch and kick and short-range Alpha them.

Also, do the clans not do infantry or tanks? I know about <REDACTED>, but there's no way they've got enough of them to fill the same roll as an occupation army or provide the massed fire of entrenched artillery or waves of tanks. When people talk about how the clans were bound to lose due to manpower concerns, is it because their system of war totally discounts the importance of support elements?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Dolash posted:

When people talk about how the clans were bound to lose due to manpower concerns, is it because their system of war totally discounts the importance of support elements?

ding ding ding

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I'm hoping this scenario turns into an instant bloodbath of horrifying TACs.

I don't care which side goes down, that's just the result I'm rooting for. The faster, the better.

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007

ZeeToo posted:

I'm hoping this scenario turns into an instant bloodbath of horrifying TACs.

I don't care which side goes down, that's just the result I'm rooting for. The faster, the better.

Five machinegun TACs in a row! :D

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

SageSepth posted:

So, I decided to try out that Neveron game cause of this thread, is anyone playing it, can tell me how to do anything? Supposedly the first quest is bugged and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do armed with only a Jeep.

I played it briefly. Don't waste your time. It's all the bad elements of a browser game combined with the worst parts of EVE.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Sounds more like prophecy to me.
ERPPC to the face, you watch.

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

Kenlon posted:

So let me get this straight:

Inner Sphere forces = Not much strength in each single unit, but have far more units than the opposition. A few warriors of legendary ability amongst a host of rabble given weapons and told to fight. The inevitable winners of the conflict in question.

Clan forces = Fewer units, but single unit strength is high. Many warriors of legendary ability. Follow something of a moral code with how battle is conducted. Lose the conflict in question.

I get the feeling that I've heard this story before :smug:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Kenlon posted:

Seriously. Nevermind that warfare without logistics is insane their whole society sounds like a trip through bat country.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Trast posted:

Seriously. Nevermind that warfare without logistics is insane their whole society sounds like a trip through bat country.

Yep. Like I said, a society devised by a madman.

James Peach
Dec 30, 2008

Dolash posted:

Also, do the clans not do infantry or tanks? I know about <REDACTED>, but there's no way they've got enough of them to fill the same roll as an occupation army or provide the massed fire of entrenched artillery or waves of tanks. When people talk about how the clans were bound to lose due to manpower concerns, is it because their system of war totally discounts the importance of support elements?

They do use infantry/tanks. Clan Hell's Horses especially understands the value of conventional units, what with their founder being a member of the SLDF's 35th Infantry Division.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Felime posted:

Intentionally moving out of weapons range or LOS is one of those things that invalidates a duel and is going to raise clan Ire.
You're not getting what I'm aiming for. Think of the Wolfhound as a "bid" and then work out how you'd counter that as the Clan commander.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Arquinsiel posted:

You're not getting what I'm aiming for. Think of the Wolfhound as a "bid" and then work out how you'd counter that as the Clan commander.

Depends on the clan.

Steel Viper? They'd react with explosive contemptuousness, probably sending two or three too-fast-to-evade Mediums/Heavies to go and crush the drat thing.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Arquinsiel posted:

Kill it viciously for being so arrogant?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Arquinsiel posted:

Guys.... metagame tactics here:

The Wolfhound challenges everyone. Both stars. All ten mechs. ALL of them. Invite them to bring friends if they think they're hard enough.

All that will remain of the Wolfhound will be a pair of legs...if it is lucky; The rest of the mech will have vaporized (how? if my guesses are right, 6+ Clan ER-PPCs, 1 Gauss Rifle, 2 ER Large Lasers, 2 Clan LBX-10 ACs, plus a boatload of weapons on the other mechs.).

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Vipers of Somerset: Tactical Update 2

Movement Phase:
Random Ace Beta: B2 Unknown Medium
Random Ace Gamma: G4 Unknown Assault

Combat Phase:
None

End Phase
None

Physical Combat Phase:
None

End Phase:
None

“Sir, they seem to be broadcasting unencrypted,” Samantha announced quietly into the comms, but her voice was uncertain. “But…”

“Patch me in,” Rossi grunted. Samantha reached, toggled the switch in her Zeus’ cockpit. The Cyclops was a far better commo-hub, but Rossi had been unwilling to give up his heirloom machine to a mere aide, even when the Lyran Commonwealth had offered him an Atlas fresh off of Defiance Industries’ lines in trade. Samantha wasn’t sure she’d have made the same choice.

Clanners filled her commlines as she and the Colonel both listened. They weren’t encrypted, but they may as well have been.

“—multcon, cor alpha-six-niner.”

“Magscan masked: civstructs. Project high caspot.”

“Ha, batloc is their choice, quiaff? Civcas expected.”

“Neg, mincas,” a familiar voice called. Samantha blinked, could the Steel Viper ‘Star Colonel’ be here? “Khan’s orders. Prior miltargs. Flanking expected.”

“Encon conf. Banshee. Engaging.”

“Point Delta, Point assistreq quiaff?”

“Neg, Star Commander. Sitcon positive. Sintarg.”

“Point Beta. Moving to suppos.”

“Aff, ack.”

Rossi cut the channel. “… I thought you said they weren’t encrypted,” he said darkly.

Samantha bit her lip. “They’re not, sir. This isn’t encryption, it’s just… gibberish. Did they say something about a Banshee—”

"I am Mechwarrior Tiegen of Clan Steel Viper,” A young woman’s voice cut—she was blanketing the entire comm. spectrum. “I pilot the Beta Star’s noble Battle Cobra. I invoke the ritual of zellbrigen and challenge the pilot of the Banshee near the large water tanks to a contest of warriors. In this solemn matter, let no one interfere!"

“Sir, I think they spotted me,” Sergeant Major Kempner grunted sarcastically. “Looks like a damned low-end medium. I guess a snake is a snake, in the end. Permission to ignore the little bastard?”

“This could work to our advantage,” Rossi announced quietly. “I don’t like the odds of this engagement, but if they’re going to approach piecemeal…”

He paused and Samantha’s fingers hovered over her Zeus’ firing stud as she waited for the order to concentrate fire. With all the tall buildings, she didn’t much like her chances of hitting with an indirect attack, but she’d follow orders. She always did.

“Use your best judgment,” Rossi decided, a bit indecisively Sam thought to herself. Colonel Steiner would’ve actually made a decision.

Enemy Forces / Turn 0 movement!
B1 Unknown Medium 1 : Walks 5 to 0818!
B2 Unknown Medium 2: Waiting to Move!
B3 Unknown Heavy 1: Walks 3 hexes to 0811!
B4 Unknown Heavy 2: Walks 1 hex to 0610!
B5 Unknown Heavy 3: Walks 2 hexes to ????!
G1 Unknown Assault 1: Remained Stationary!
G2 Unknown Assault 2: Remained Stationary!
G3 Unknown Assault 3: Remained Stationary!
G4 Unknown Assault 4: Waiting to Move!
G5 Unknown Assault 5: Remained Stationary!

Mission Objectives
Defeat Beta Star! (Partial Victory)
Survive! (1/20 Turns) (Total Victory)

Ace Note: Previous end position will be in black, current position will be in green!
Map Note: A height 1 tunnel extends from hex 0912 to 1213. It is large enough to accommodate the Rommel, but not large enough for a Battlemech. Due to heat concerns, the Rommel may not fire its weapons while within the tunnel.
Special Guest Note: Tank front arc is the triangle.

L* CP-1-Z Cyclops
Weight: 90 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 20/20 (19/19)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 30/30 (29/29)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 20/20 (19/19)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 10/10 (15/15)
RA A(S): 10/10 (15/15)
LL A(S): 17/17 (19/19)
RL A(S): 17/17 (19/19)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Colonel Aldo Rossi
Mechwarrior Player: WarLocke
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Autocannon 20 – RT (Heat: 8, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM 10 – LT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 12, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 4 – CT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 25, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

L2 ZEU-6S Zeus
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
LT A(S): 18/18 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 26/26 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 9/9
RT A(S): 18/18 (17/17)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 22/22 (13/13)
RA A(S): 22/22 (13/13)
LL A(S): 24/24 (17/17)
RL A(S): 24/24 (17/17)
Heat Sinks: 17
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior Name: Leutnant Samantha Clover
Mechwarrior Player: Mukaikubo
Armament:
Large Laser – LT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
LRM 15 – RA (Heat: 5, Ammo: 8, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser (REAR) – LT(R) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Autocannon/5 – LA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 20, Range: (L: M: S: Min:), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands

L3 BNC-3S Banshee
Weight: 95 tons (Assault)
LT A(S): 30/30 (20/20)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 40/40 (30/30)
CT R A(S): 17/17
RT A(S): 30/30 (20/20)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 21/21 (16/16)
RA A(S): 21/21 (16/16)
LL A(S): 26/26 (20/20)
RL A(S): 26/26 (20/20)
Heat Sinks: 21
Movement: 3/5/0
Mechwarrior Name: Staff Sergeant Major Gerhart von Kempner
Mechwarrior Player: Angry_Ed
Armament:
Autocannon/10 – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 20, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
PPC – LA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – CT (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand

L4 WLF-1 Wolfhound
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
LT A(S): 11/11 (8/8)
LT R A(S): 5/5
CT A(S): 16/16 (11/11)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 11/11 (8/8)
RT R A(S): 5/5
LA A(S): 12/12 (6/6)
RA A(S): 12/12 (6/6)
LL A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
RL A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Corporal Richard Hunter
Mechwarrior Player: Spencerb
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser (REAR) – CT(R) (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 1 hand

T1 Rommel Tank:
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
Front A(S): 40/40 (7/7)
Left A(S): 39/39 (7/7)
Right A(S): 39/39 (7/7)
Turret A(S): 40/40 (7/7)
Rear A(S): 26/26 (7/7)
Movement: 4/6 Tracked
Crew: Driving 5, Gunnery 4
Tank Crew Twelve: Sergeant Bonnie Hammer, Private Sarah Montesquieu, PFC John Blucher
Player: Raverrn
Motive System Damage: None!
Armament:
Autocannon/20 – Turret (Ammo: 20, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
LRM 5 – Turret (Ammo: 24, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – Front (Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes:

Enemy Status
Beta Star
B1 Battle Cobra
Tonnage: 40
Target: L3 BNC-3S Banshee
Pilot Name: Mechwarrior Tiegan
Pilot: Piloting 4, Gunnery 3
Overheat Penalty: None!
Armament: Unknown
Notes:

B2 Unknown Medium 2
Tonnage: 50
Target:
Pilot Name: ???
Notes: Equipped with ECM, becomes 'hidden' when out of Line of Sight!

B3 Unknown Heavy 1
Tonnage: 60
Target:
Notes:

B4 Unknown Heavy 2
Tonnage: 65
Target:
Notes:

B5 Unknown Heavy 3
Tonnage: 65
Target:
Notes: Equipped with ECM, becomes 'hidden' when out of Line of Sight!

Gamma Star
G1 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 80
Target: None Possible!
Pilot: Piloting 2, Gunnery 1
Notes:

G2 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 80
Notes:

G3 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 85
Notes:

G4 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 90
Notes:

G5 Unknown Assault
Tonnage: 95
Pilot Name: Star Colonel Dusk
Notes:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 25, 2011

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

How many asprin did it take to get through all that clanlang?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Battle Cobra vs a Banshee.

This might be one battle the Inner Sphere can win.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Maybe its the military but I think I actually understood most of it.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Awesome, awesome bit of fluffwork there, PTN. I picked it all up, I'm pretty sure, but I can imagine that would be hell to figure out just hearing it without some pretty extensive practice.

I'd almost suggest accepting the duels but trying to negotiate dragging them out into a one-at-a-time affair to buy more time, maybe by limiting the duels to occur in a limited space.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Something just occurred to me: if the Clans are invading blind then they would think that Banshee is either a -3E or a -3Q, since those are the only pre-exodus variants. Their computers won't recognize a -3S as a known configuration. Likewise they won't know any of the Wolfhound's capabilities.

This gives both machines one turn's worth of surprise, for whatever that is worth. I guess maybe more if the Banshee holds back it's extra guns and only uses a single PPC to start, but that is a dumb idea in this case.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
It's just chopped off bits of multiple words mashed into one word. Not really that difficult to parse, if you ask me. But maybe basic english vocabulary is also Lostech.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
The pilot of that Battle Cobra is suicidally ambitious. Clanners are good, I'll admit, but taking on something more than twice your size is...ill-advised.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I think it is:

“—multcon, cor alpha-six-niner.” Course correct to Alpha-six-nine? Multiple contacts, coordinates Alpha-six-nine

“Magscan masked: civstructs. Project high caspot.” Magnetic scanning is blocked by civilian structures. I think there is high casualty potential.

“Ha, batloc is their choice, quiaff? Civcas expected.” Hah. Battle-location is their choice, right? Civilian casualties expected.

“Neg, mincas,” a familiar voice called. Samantha blinked, could the Steel Viper ‘Star Colonel’ be here? “Khan’s orders. Prior miltargs. Flanking expected.”
No, minimize casualties. Khan's orders. Prioritize military targets. Flanking expected.

“Encon conf. Banshee. Engaging.”
Enemy contigent contact confirmed. A Banshee. I am engaging.

“Point Delta, Point assistreq quiaff?”
[Battle Cobra], You require assistance, yes?

No, commander. Situation control is fine. ?? target. Situation control is fine. Single target.

[Another mechwarrior, a heavy?]. Moving to support position

“Aff, ack.”
Aye, permission granted.

EDIT: Added in LeschNyhan's suggestions.

Slaan fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 25, 2011

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Something just occurred to me: if the Clans are invading blind then they would think that Banshee is either a -3E or a -3Q, since those are the only pre-exodus variants. Their computers won't recognize a -3S as a known configuration. Likewise they won't know any of the Wolfhound's capabilities.

This gives both machines one turn's worth of surprise, for whatever that is worth. I guess maybe more if the Banshee holds back it's extra guns and only uses a single PPC to start, but that is a dumb idea in this case.

The invasion has been going on for a few months already, so they might already have prior experience with them.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

landcollector posted:

The pilot of that Battle Cobra is suicidally ambitious. Clanners are good, I'll admit, but taking on something more than twice your size is...ill-advised.

That's kind of the point. You should always be in a situation where there is a real chance of losing, if you are a Clanner. The dude who won the bid to capture Kai Allard-Liao bid nothing but one set of clothing and a pair of boots, if I recall, so that there would be a chance Kai might defeat him.

In this timeframe you would totally see mediums calling out Assaults, or Clan assaults calling out two or three machines at once.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
That's the single most favorable one on one duel we could have come up with. I'm... hrm. See if we can stall the rest and accept. As for me, alternately if we want to go with Operation Focus Fire, I can walk to 1719 and have a 9-to-hit with my LRM 15, large laser, and autocannon/5. Just saying.

To clarify: Those are not really great odds.

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 25, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

KnoxZone posted:

The invasion has been going on for a few months already, so they might already have prior experience with them.

Depends on if they have fought any other prestigious Lyran units. The -3S and Wolfhound are new and shiny and only go to the really cool kids at this point. They wouldn't see them roughing up militia and pirates.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

That's kind of the point. You should always be in a situation where there is a real chance of losing, if you are a Clanner. The dude who won the bid to capture Kai Allard-Liao bid nothing but one set of clothing and a pair of boots, if I recall, so that there would be a chance Kai might defeat him.

In this timeframe you would totally see mediums calling out Assaults, or Clan assaults calling out two or three machines at once.

Also remember, the Battle Cobra is an omnimech. You'll have no idea what weapons its packing until it's fired them.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Please elaborate? I would like to know more. (About the duel.)

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

The Clan assaults situation I could understand, as they are murder machines. Mediums calling out assaults, though...Clanners are kind of dumb that way. Honor before reason, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

I got the following instead.

Slaan posted:

I think it is:

“—multcon, cor alpha-six-niner.” Multiple contacts, coordinates Alpha-six-nine?

“Encon conf. Banshee. Engaging.” Enemy contact confirmed. A Banshee. I am engaging.

No, commander. Situation control is fine. Single target.

[Another mechwarrior, a heavy?]. Moving to support position.

“Aff, ack.”
Aye, acknowledged.

• Locked thread