Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
A pumpkin scrub does sound like a nice little treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Vakal posted:

I would take diet/food advice from Richard over anyone from the show.

Starve yourself to get wasted?

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

chiz posted:

It's really not that at all, it's how she comes off and it has been pointed out on the show itself.

She's obnoxious also.

She preaches it wrong but I still think she is closer to right (with diet and stuff) then she is wrong.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

I would take life advice in general from Richard over anyone from the show.

His advice is don't eat. He has no magic formula.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

A pumpkin scrub does sound like a nice little treat.

Is that your Favorite?

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

pkd88 posted:

She preaches it wrong but I still think she is closer to right (with diet and stuff) then she is wrong.

Bullshit. She's talking about how certain things aren't "food" and her suggestions are based on rich people's abilities. Raw food diets are horseshit, coffee enemas are horseshit, and having your blood "cleaned" in California is horseshit.

She does it because that's what rich people with no family to spend money on do. They try and find a way to make themselves special and it always ends up being some ridiculous hobby that they can point to as "the truth" or "the right way" as opposed to the rest of us who have been horribly misled for decades.

If you want to lose weight and be healthy, vegetables, fruit, low-fat meats and whole wheat carbs in moderation in combination with exercise is the method. It's not a secret, it's been around for thousands of years, and everybody knows it.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

therapy posted:

Bullshit. She's talking about how certain things aren't "food" and her suggestions are based on rich people's abilities. Raw food diets are horseshit, coffee enemas are horseshit, and having your blood "cleaned" in California is horseshit.

She does it because that's what rich people with no family to spend money on do. They try and find a way to make themselves special and it always ends up being some ridiculous hobby that they can point to as "the truth" or "the right way" as opposed to the rest of us who have been horribly misled for decades.

If you want to lose weight and be healthy, vegetables, fruit, low-fat meats and whole wheat carbs in moderation in combination with exercise is the method. It's not a secret, it's been around for thousands of years, and everybody knows it.

How does she live with herself though? I mean how does she reconcile her own bullshit? She grew up fairly normal, went into the military and lived like a normal person for a little while.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Richard counted his calories and worked out. The result was OBVIOUS. He actually lost a little too much weight and needs to start building muscle back up.

Robin went vegan and started to do all the insane things already mentioned here. The result. Some weight loss that is obviously hard to maintain and clearly coming back.

Its not all her fault, she is an old woman and its harder for her body to lose weight and keep it off.

If anyone in the studio has the right idea about health its Fred. He has said multiple times that he just eats right and exercises.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

chiz posted:

How does she live with herself though? I mean how does she reconcile her own bullshit? She grew up fairly normal, went into the military and lived like a normal person for a little while.
She's desperate. She's willing to do things that Robin 15 years ago would find to be hilariously dumb.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

If anyone in the studio has the right idea about health its Fred. He has said multiple times that he just eats right and exercises.

Doesn't Fred take boxing classes?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

-Atom- posted:

Yup, he has been boxing for a long time and thats how he stays in shape.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I haven't heard any of the pet lady stuff. Can someone link me the saga from start to finish on Youtube? :)

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

hunter x az posted:

I haven't heard any of the pet lady stuff. Can someone link me the saga from start to finish on Youtube? :)

here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pet+lady+on+howard+stern&aq=f

It actually makes me want to listen to it too.

ROOOBIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

TOPLESS

I giggle like a retard whenever I hear that Ronnie soundbyte, gently caress.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

chiz posted:

here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pet+lady+on+howard+stern&aq=f

It actually makes me want to listen to it too.

ROOOBIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

TOPLESS

I giggle like a retard whenever I hear that Ronnie soundbyte, gently caress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-8XNiTpsZs

Good version. Thanks!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

hunter x az posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-8XNiTpsZs

Good version. Thanks!

I'm still looking for the original call that Richard and Sal do, that was good...

anyone?

I'll keep looking and edit my post if I find it but richard sal pet lady isn't giving it up on youtube

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

therapy posted:

Says who? You because you started your post out with "Bullshit"
It hasn't been around thousands of years because they didn't know what you were talking about a thousand years ago. So claiming that is pure bullshit.

This is a new problem that is created because of the chemicals etc.

Medical Doctors are not the right person to determine what is the best thing to do for your body. They just repeat the latest study they have read or the last conference they have been to. Doctors can give you feedback but they only know what is normal and abnormal and some ways to make you normal.

If you want to really build your body, you listen to body builders (assuming that is what you want to do) if you want to run faster, you listen and study sprinters. You want to run further? study those that do that.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

I wish I knew where to take boxing classes, it looks so fun

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

pkd88 posted:

It hasn't been around thousands of years because they didn't know what you were talking about a thousand years ago. So claiming that is pure bullshit.

Medical Doctors are not the right person to determine what is the best thing to do for your body. They just repeat the latest study they have read or the last conference they have been to. Doctors can give you feedback but they only know what is normal and abnormal and some ways to make you normal.

If you want to really build your body, you listen to body builders (assuming that is what you want to do) if you want to run faster, you listen and study sprinters. You want to run further? study those that do that.

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooK!

Yeah I agree with the "more chemicals in food thing nowadays" but he's right.

Human beings are very resilient mentally and physiologically, that's probably part of the problem in that all these various wacky diets can be taken at face value.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

pkd88 posted:

What? Therapy wasn't even talking about body building or running, just being 'healthy' in which he was 100% correct. What the gently caress is your problem, man?

edit: Can you please tell us which 'chemicals' are killing us and please cite legit studies.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

chiz posted:

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooK!

Yeah I agree with the "more chemicals in food thing nowadays" but he's right.

Human beings are very resilient mentally and physiologically, that's probably part of the problem in that all these various wacky diets can be taken at face value.

I don't disagree with that at all.
I am just saying I don't think Robin's food discussions are that far off. I never said anything about enemas and things. I don't know what that is about.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

pkd88 posted:

I think the main problem is that Robin completely discredits medical doctors. Sure what you said is true in the sense that if you want to do some special thing with your body (sprinting/marathon/etc) you follow those that have done it. But a medical doctor can tell you if what you are doing is healthy. I doubt many doctors would agree that fasting while drinking blended vegetable drinks, taking coffee enemas, and generally being a wacko are actually healthy and helping her lose weight in any significant and meaningful way. If she ate normally, exercised a little bit and toned down her crazy factor people would be a lot more willing to listen to her on some of the less crazy things.

Instead we get food bill of health and rants against doctors not being able to actually help people.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Joe Don Baker posted:

What? Therapy wasn't even talking about body building or running, just being 'healthy' in which he was 100% correct. What the gently caress is your problem, man?

edit: Can you please tell us which 'chemicals' are killing us and please cite legit studies.

Therapy also took what I said and expanded it to include stuff he wanted to. I figured I could do the same. I didn't bring up exercise either, he did.

Claiming that people have known about eating carbs for 1000 years is pure bullshit.

I wrote "chemicals etc." so I was not being specific but I would include things like chemical fertilizers and things they put in food to make them last longer.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

USMC_Karl posted:

I think the main problem is that Robin completely discredits medical doctors. Sure what you said is true in the sense that if you want to do some special thing with your body (sprinting/marathon/etc) you follow those that have done it. But a medical doctor can tell you if what you are doing is healthy. I doubt many doctors would agree that fasting while drinking blended vegetable drinks, taking coffee enemas, and generally being a wacko are actually healthy and helping her lose weight in any significant and meaningful way. If she ate normally, exercised a little bit and toned down her crazy factor people would be a lot more willing to listen to her on some of the less crazy things.

Instead we get food bill of health and rants against doctors not being able to actually help people.

Yes and I never said anything about that. What I said originally was "She preaches it wrong but I still think she is closer to right (with diet and stuff) then she is wrong."

Robin is wacked, I never said otherwise.

I just want to point out that Therapy, an normally good posters, started out his post declaring my thoughts are "Bullshit" then went on to explain his thoughts, that had little to do with what I said.

Wooty fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 27, 2011

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

pkd88 posted:

I don't disagree with that at all.
I am just saying I don't think Robin's food discussions are that far off. I never said anything about enemas and things. I don't know what that is about.

Broken clocks are right twice a day. Robin has zero clue about what she's talking about and all she does is parrot these scam artists and nutritional nuts who occasionally sneak a truth in their idiotic rantings about fitness and health. Typically with things like this people take a truth and upon that they build their reasoning for why it is and the truth itself becomes just a means to an end for their diet or whatnot.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pkd88 posted:

Therapy also took what I said and expanded it to include stuff he wanted to. I figured I could do the same. I didn't bring up exercise either, he did.

Claiming that people have known about eating carbs for 1000 years is pure bullshit.

I wrote "chemicals etc." so I was not being specific but I would include things like chemical fertilizers and things they put in food to make them last longer.

You said Robin is closer to being right than wrong. Therapy said, and I'm paraphrasing, "No, if you want to lose weight and be healthy (which is Robin's thing) just eat right and exercise." He wasn't expanding, but answering your question with science fact. You then went off the deep end with body building and all that poo poo.

The fact of the matter is that everything Robin is into (healthwise) is absolute horseshit. Notice that she's still fat, while Richard, who counts his calories and exercises lost a ton of weight. I mean look at the stuff she preaches:

-Raw food diets
-MAGNETS behind the ear
-Pouring coffee down your rear end
-GREEN DRINK
-Getting your blood cleaned out every couple weeks

Some of that is harmless, some of it dangerous. It's all bullshit. So please tell me how she can be 'closer to right.'

Also can you please be more specific with what chemicals are in food that are slowly killing us? Again, please cite legit studies.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Joe Don Baker posted:

You said Robin is closer to being right than wrong. Therapy said, and I'm paraphrasing, "No, if you want to lose weight and be healthy (which is Robin's thing) just eat right and exercise." He wasn't expanding, but answering your question with science fact. You then went off the deep end with body building and all that poo poo.

The fact of the matter is that everything Robin is into (healthwise) is absolute horseshit. Notice that she's still fat, while Richard, who counts his calories and exercises lost a ton of weight. I mean look at the stuff she preaches:

-Raw food diets
-MAGNETS behind the ear
-GREEN DRINK

Some of that is harmless, some of it dangerous. It's all bullshit. So please tell me how she can be 'closer to right.'

Also can you please be more specific with what chemicals are in food that are slowly killing us? Again, please cite legit studies.

Do I really need to explain to you that Therapy took something I said that was very small and turned it into his own rant? Come on now you can't be that thick can you?

Not only that, he declared my statement as bullshit and then claimed that they knew what a carb was 1000 years ago.

Please cite where I mentioned weight loss.
Please cite where I mentioned exercise.
Please cite where I mentioned a proper diet.
Please cite where I mentioned blood cleaning.
Please cite where I mentioned magnets.
Please cite where I mentioned coffee.

Now to answer your question, I suspect that Robin is right about good food being natural and untouched by chemicals, radiation etc. Unfortunatley it is nearly impossible to get that food, especially for us poor folks.

Robin has the advantage of money to burn so she can get the food that is purer and that is the part I think she is closer to right then wrong.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Joe Don Baker posted:

-Raw food diets
-MAGNETS behind the ear
-GREEN DRINK

And do not use the term "toxins" or you immediately lose all credibility.

Believe it or not, people who wanted to lose weight 5,000 years ago simply ate less and exercised more. That formula still works. I'm not saying we haven't added a ton of chemicals and such (especially in processed foods) to our diets, and I'm sure that there's some impact, but fearmongering about the chemicals in our foods and going nuts by shoving coffee up your rear end isn't even close to right.

Robin can deal with this in her head because she's nouveau riche. Somebody said once that she's "pantomime bourgeoise" and that hits the nail right on the head. She doesn't know the first thing about being wealthy or "upper class", so she just puppets what she sees other rich people do. And if she can be the first one to a fad that gets popular, all the better for her. She'll turn to her semi-famous friends and tell them about the wonders of the fantastic cashew juice diet or whatever the gently caress.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

Broken clocks are right twice a day. Robin has zero clue about what she's talking about and all she does is parrot these scam artists and nutritional nuts who occasionally sneak a truth in their idiotic rantings about fitness and health. Typically with things like this people take a truth and upon that they build their reasoning for why it is and the truth itself becomes just a means to an end for their diet or whatnot.

This is the most succinct post on the matter, couldn't have said it better.

I just wish someone would call in and say this to Robin.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

therapy posted:

And do not use the term "toxins" or you immediately lose all credibility.

Believe it or not, people who wanted to lose weight 5,000 years ago simply ate less and exercised more. That formula still works. I'm not saying we haven't added a ton of chemicals and such (especially in processed foods) to our diets, and I'm sure that there's some impact, but fearmongering about the chemicals in our foods and going nuts by shoving coffee up your rear end isn't even close to right.

Robin can deal with this in her head because she's nouveau riche. Somebody said once that she's "pantomime bourgeoise" and that hits the nail right on the head. She doesn't know the first thing about being wealthy or "upper class", so she just puppets what she sees other rich people do. And if she can be the first one to a fad that gets popular, all the better for her. She'll turn to her semi-famous friends and tell them about the wonders of the fantastic cashew juice diet or whatever the gently caress.
I don't disagree with you at all.

I never claimed or said anything otherwise. You declared my simple line as bullshit then used it to rant on your own.

Robin's main message is that food should be pure and chemical (whatever that includes) free. I think she is right.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pkd88 posted:

So here's your post. You said she is closer to right in terms of diet and stuff. Now look at everything others and myself have mentioned and tell me how she is closer to right than wrong.

edit: If you were only referencing one thing (PURE FOOD AND CHEMICALS) then that's one thing. You should have been more specific at the start of it all.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 27, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Hey pkd88, wanna come down here and get topless? Yeah you'll do it. When you come down here you'll do it.

TOPLESS

t-o-p-l-e-s-s?

hehehehehe :downs:

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

chiz posted:

This is the most succinct post on the matter, couldn't have said it better.

I just wish someone would call in and say this to Robin.

The problem people have is that there are some truths in all the rants and picking them out and applying them is hard - especially given the fact that everything is done for profit.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pkd88 posted:

The problem people have is that there are some truths in all the rants and picking them out and applying them is hard - especially given the fact that everything is done for profit.

How much do you want to bet Robin spends on all her coffe enemas, green drinks, and blood cleanings? Those people are making a mint off of suckers like her.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Joe Don Baker posted:

So here's your post. You said she is closer to right in terms of diet and stuff. Now look at everything others and myself have mentioned and tell me how she is closer to right than wrong.

Food should be natural and untouched by chemicals (and whatever stuff men mix in to food intentionally or unintentionally). It should be as pure as food can be.

It is very simple her way of discussing it is wacky but I think she is 100% right.

Magnets and enemas I dunno what that is for. She did explain magnets as trying it for a friend I think (?). Has she ever said what the enemas are for?

I bet coffee enemas give a hella buzz if there is still caffiene in them.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

chiz posted:

Hey pkd88, wanna come down here and get topless? Yeah you'll do it. When you come down here you'll do it.

TOPLESS

t-o-p-l-e-s-s?

hehehehehe :downs:

I AIN'T GETTING NO TOPLESS!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pkd88 posted:

Food should be natural and untouched by chemicals (and whatever stuff men mix in to food intentionally or unintentionally). It should be as pure as food can be.

It is very simple her way of discussing it is wacky but I think she is 100% right.

Magnets and enemas I dunno what that is for. She did explain magnets as trying it for a friend I think (?). Has she ever said what the enemas are for?

I bet coffee enemas give a hella buzz if there is still caffiene in them.

Well it's clear you have no loving idea what you're talking about.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

pkd88 posted:

No.

The problem is that you won't come down here and get topless.

Nah but I do agree that yes it would be better if we did not eat foods fortified with preservatives and sugar. Honestly though if you want that you should grow your own food.

Hey, look guys, what are you gonna do? gently caress it.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Joe Don Baker posted:

Well it's clear you have no loving idea what you're talking about.

Ok, then put me on ignore. You offered nothing to the conversation anyway and have actually just made up poo poo that I didn't say. I don't give a gently caress what you think.

I love that you feel the need to tell me what I do or don't know.

Keep on rocking with your sports avatar

God do I hate sports fan

Wooty fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 27, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

chiz posted:

No.

The problem is that you won't come down here and get topless.

Nah but I do agree that yes it would be better if we did not eat foods fortified with preservatives and sugar. Honestly though if you want that you should grow your own food.

Hey, look guys, what are you gonna do? gently caress it.
No space to grow food in the ghetto apartment. Honestly, I would not do it anyway, I have no patience for stuff like that.

What happened to your avatar? didn't you used to have some sort of zombie/death thing?

I should get an athlete avatar so everyone will know what I want to be when I grow up.

There are not enough Stern avatars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
You guys just need some higher vegucation