Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I decided to also play through Far Cry. So that bring my list of games I'm playing to completion to:

-Half Life 2: Episode 2
-Freedom Force
-Far Cry

Really not too bad, but I have a feeling that it will be 2-3 weeks before these games are completed. I feel like I don't have as much time as I used to to play games. I really want to play through Dragon Age, Arcanum, and Crysis but I know Arcanum is a good month, same with Dragon Age. I just have too many good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Done with Sam and Max for the moment. Will now try to finish Torchlight in Hard.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Just "finished" Batman: Arkham Asylum. Wow. What a game. I say "finished" because I still have the challenge maps to do, but I'll leave those for later. :)

So, again, what should I play next:
  • Just Cause 2
  • Darksiders
  • Crysis, Crysis Warhead
  • Singularity
  • Chronicles of Riddick
I had Fallout New Vegas in that list, but when I updated my mods I broke something, so that's postponed. Again. :(

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I'd recommend darksiders or chronicles of riddick. Darksiders slightly more so.

Just Cause 2 is a great game and all but it's not really one you aim to "Complete". The story is pretty boring and the fun comes from booting it up, loving around for a half hour, then playing something else.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
I'd say Singularity because it's basically BioShock but with actual good shooter mechanics and a different plotline. It's also not hugely long.

Mr. Saturday
Oct 12, 2007

Man belongs wherever he wants to go
Just re-finished Assassin's Creed - I'm a bit of the way into Assassin's Creed 2. The glyphs kind of give me the willies. Also maybe it's just me, but AC2 seems to control a bit better than the first game - I'm not getting gypped out of hopping into a roof hutch NEARLY as much as in the first game, for instance. Can't say I don't miss regenerating health though.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

ChrisAsmadi posted:

If one of those trinkets is Vini Vidi Vici then you're gonna be at it a while.

I actually snagged that one! Yeah that was by far the hardest part of the game and took me over 100 deaths to get it. The missing trinkets are...somewhere. I think there might be parts of the map I haven't visited yet.

Thewittyname
May 9, 2010

It's time to...
PRESS! YOUR! LUCK!
http://randomsteamgame.com/ For when you can't decide what game to play next.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011
I finished Mirror's Edge. Eh, mediocre game. Absolutely gorgeous graphics, but it's a bit overexposed in some outside locations.

I was happy to finally finish the (short) game. It's sort of fun, but all the dudes shooting at you get mighty annoying. The story was pretty forgettable as well.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Thewittyname posted:

Neat! It told me I should play HL2. I should probably actually do that.

So, next things to be done: Torchlight and HL2.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It suggested that I play Necrovision which is nice because I completely forgot that I bought it.

Godsavethefritos
Jan 20, 2008
I am a Steam addict. And a game addict as I borrow games from my friends alot.

I have 64 games with a value of $899.37 USD apparently. Many of these games come from Indie packs and whatnot where I really didn't care about most of the games but just wanted a particular game.

I have beaten:
X-Com
X-Com: TFTD
VVVVVV
Sid Meier's Civilization V (But can you ever be truly done with a Civ game?)
Portal
Half-Life 2
Fallout: New Vegas (But can you ever be truly done with a Fallout game? Not if youre a huge faggoty fanboy like me.)
Commander Keen

I have played enough to justify purchase:
Worms Reloaded
Team Fortress 2
RIFT (Still Playing)
Mount and Blade
Mount & Blade: Warband
Monday Night Combat (Still Playing)
Killing Floor
Greed Corp
Global Agenda
Delve Deeper
DoD Source
CS Source
City of Heroes Goin Rogue
Bad Company 2
Lego Universe

I dont own Dragon Age Origins through Steam, nor do I own Mass Effect 2 but I've played enough of the former and beaten the latter. I'm working on Dragon Age 2 right now as well as Shogun Total War 2 and I'm on another Sims 3 binge working through the Nightlife expansion as well as trying to hit 50 on RIFT so I can get some goon guild raiding done... So much to do...I need to finish Arkham Asylum. And The Witcher. And Mafia II. And... the list goes on.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

How much do you even have to play a game to say you've gotten your money's worth? A lot of my games were less than $3, and I spend way more than that on a single trip to the arcade. I post this because there's no way in hell I'm going to dedicate hours and hours to a game just because it managed to slip in with some bundle or it turned out to be crap. :v:

As for these dollar indie games, if I play 'em once for about 20 minutes, I think I've played it enough to constitute not having wasted the cash. How about you guys?

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

ohnoitschris posted:

How much do you even have to play a game to say you've gotten your money's worth? A lot of my games were less than $3, and I spend way more than that on a single trip to the arcade. I post this because there's no way in hell I'm going to dedicate hours and hours to a game just because it managed to slip in with some bundle or it turned out to be crap. :v:

As for these dollar indie games, if I play 'em once for about 20 minutes, I think I've played it enough to constitute not having wasted the cash. How about you guys?

I know it's not a time amount, but for some of the cheaper games, I play until I'm bored with them. For example, I have played Far Cry before and got up until the trigens show up. I hope to beat the whole game this time, but I remember that as soon as they showed up it turned into an unfun slog through the game and I stopped playing.

I also have Poker Night at the Inventory, and I haven't gotten all the achievements or unlocks for TF2 yet (not that I play TF2 anyway) but it isn't the type of game I can play for hours on end. It's more a game I'll pick up for 20-30 minutes at a time.

mrbo
Apr 4, 2008
This thread is cool, I've been doing this poo poo too.

Beat:
Assassins Creed 2 (awesome)
Necrovision (first half rocks, second half is terrible)
Infernal (pretty bad all round)
Half life 2 (awesome)

Currently playing Darksiders and Farcry, they both seem pretty good.

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

ohnoitschris posted:

Yeah, I've got quite a few fairly crap indie games from the $5 Christmas bundles. I have a "Money's Worth" category and if a $1 game I bought doesn't grab me after the first hour or so there's not much point in me finishing it. I chuck anything I've played a fair bit but don't intend on finishing in there too. I'd rather play something I want to finish than slog through something I hate.

Thewittyname posted:

Oh awes-

:(

SmokinDan fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 29, 2011

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
I am absolutely flying through my games. I have now finished basically all my AAA titles and am working on the more obscure ones.

Finished:
Amnesia
Crysis
Dead Space
Just Cause 2
King Arthur
Stalker: Call of Pripyat
The Witcher

Playing:
Gothic 3 Enhanced
Half Life 2 Episode 2

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

SmokinDan posted:

Yeah, I've got quite a few fairly crap indie games from the $5 Christmas bundles. I have a "Money's Worth" category and if a $1 game I bought doesn't grab me after the first hour or so there's not much point in me finishing it. I chuck anything I've played a fair bit but don't intend on finishing in there too. I'd rather play something I want to finish than slog through something I hate.

Oh awes-

:(

Sorry for the derail, but imgur.com is a whole lot less intrusive of an image hosting site than Photobucket.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

ohnoitschris posted:

My usual metric is "about 40 minutes to the dollar", which I set up long ago as meaning the money spent was comparable to catching movies at matinee prices.

This was a while ago, yeah, but for games the metric has held pretty well. I usually run it in reverse, though. For example: Jolly Rover takes four hours if you dawdle, and it's reasonably good the whole way through. That works out to "$6 worth of play" by my metric. Its normal asking price is $10, which is a tad much for me to recommend it wholeheartedly. But if it goes on sale for $5, then if you have an adventuring jones I recommend it neutrally and at $2.50 or so it becomes "jump on it; no-brainer".

As for when I stop, I'll take it off the stack once:

• I think I've seen what it has to offer, and if it's not done at that point, it becomes a "perennial" to revisit from time to time and work through. (This is what basically happened to Everyday Genius: SquareLogic and QuantZ and everything by Dejobaan.)
  • I've seen what it has to offer, which isn't much, but it has no win condition, so whatever.
  • I hit a difficulty wall, at which point it becomes a perennial that I ignore more thoroughly. (I just hit this with Osmos after suddenly being awesome at it on a revisit and crushing my way through 70% of the game, only to be brickwalled once again.)
  • I actually achieve the default main goal. (Clearing all hundred levels in Space Giraffe. Beating one mode in QuantZ, which took it off the perennials. Beating the light world in Super Meat Boy.) If the game has challenges left and I'm having fun with it, it might go perennial anyway.

Progress Report:

I've now taken Osmos off my stack because the final wave of Force levels are murder. (24% of players reached the final wave of all zones. 20% finished Sentient. 10% finished Ambient. 2.1% finished Force. I have no shame in deciding this may be beyond me - so I've unlocked every achievement that doesn't in some way depend on beating Force and have called it done.)

I've abandoned Half-Life 2 for now, because I simply cannot get into it. Instead, I have pushed further into Batman: Arkham Asylum and have just entered what I strongly suspect to be The Scarecrow's zone.

Random Steam Game says I should play Civilization IV. Sorry, Random Steam Game, I'm going to have to go with random.org's list because it can restrict to the games I haven't played.

Yes I know I haven't won a Space Victory in Civ IV yet shutupshutupshutup

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

edit: This isn't the Steam thread.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 29, 2011

PandasEVERYWHERE
Feb 16, 2009
I (finally) finished KOTOR and Psychonauts. Kotor was great until Malak where I had to kill him off the hard way because my force powers didn't work for some reason. Psychonauts was great until the loving meat circus.

I'm working my way through Serious Sam. I forgot how much fun that game is.

Sporkles
Mar 15, 2010
I've been doing well since my last post, finished about 7? 8 games? Tomb Raider: GoL, Time Gentlemen Please, both Mafias, Ghostbusters, and Overlord 2. Oh, and Lego Batman. I enjoyed all of them, though a couple got kind of tedious at times (Overlord and Mafia, I'm looking at you).

In my mission to get rid of games I already have on my hard drive before installing new ones, my current top choices are The Witcher, Alpha Protocol, Divinity 2:DKS, and Metro 2033.

I've started all of those games at least once, but barely played any of them, with the exception of The Witcher. I've started it twice and randomly stopped both times - I have a save somewhere in late Ch. 2, I believe, that I haven't played since September. So I don't know if I should start over or not, seems like kind of a slog. Maybe I'll just do it and put the difficulty on easy mode for babies so I can zip through it.

Any particular recommendations?

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Go play it. Finish it. Now. Don't stop to think about it, just do it.

Luisfe posted:

Yeah, seriously. Do this.
Yeah, the sad part is I kind of already played through it on 360.

But yeah, I will most likely play it again soon, especially if I ever get around to Arkham City.

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

Sporkles posted:

I've been doing well since my last post, finished about 7? 8 games? Tomb Raider: GoL, Time Gentlemen Please, both Mafias, Ghostbusters, and Overlord 2. Oh, and Lego Batman. I enjoyed all of them, though a couple got kind of tedious at times (Overlord and Mafia, I'm looking at you).

In my mission to get rid of games I already have on my hard drive before installing new ones, my current top choices are The Witcher, Alpha Protocol, Divinity 2:DKS, and Metro 2033.

I've started all of those games at least once, but barely played any of them, with the exception of The Witcher. I've started it twice and randomly stopped both times - I have a save somewhere in late Ch. 2, I believe, that I haven't played since September. So I don't know if I should start over or not, seems like kind of a slog. Maybe I'll just do it and put the difficulty on easy mode for babies so I can zip through it.

Any particular recommendations?

Divinity 2 is awesome fun but it's a fair slog to get through at the start. The first area is pretty hard until you've levelled up a few skills and gotten some better weapons. Remember to mindread everyone.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

It suggested that I play Necrovision which is nice because I completely forgot that I bought it.

It suggested me to play Red Faction Guerrilla wich i finished and spent 30 hours just bashing stuff like the space rear end in a top hat simulator it is. After 7 tries were it would recommend me games that i've finished, it poped with Shadowgrounds Survivor, so that will do after i finish Divinity 2: DKS.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Well I got to the 2nd half of Far Cry. I remember this half being a drag, but I really hope to be able to get through it before calling it a day on this game. It's a really fun game and I've enjoyed the first half, so if the 2nd was just like the first but tougher enemies I'd have a blast but they got to go screw it up with freak mutant trigens.

Edit - if you're going to play this game, keep in mind by default it uses checkpoint saves. There's a way to change it to allow setting different keys to quicksave/quickoad, but I haven't done that yet. I might have to soon because it really sucks getting 10-15 minutes in and then not having it save. Ugh.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 30, 2011

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011
Finished Red Faction Guerilla. Mediocre game to its core. The ONLY thing memorable about that game was the building destruction, and that's it.

The game was really sluggish at times, and at others it was smooth as hell. Another game off my list.

Edit:

Just finished Super Meat Boy (Light World) as well. I'll probably leave the dark world and cotton alley alone for now, as my hands are killing me.

fatpat268 fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 5, 2011

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Added like 10 hours on Torchlight and barely got to the Black Palace, where I promptly got brickwalled by the goddamn... blue things there. Dragonkin? Okay, Dark disciples or whatever? Goddamn.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I've finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Good stuff, though the second-to-last battle was about 50 times harder than the real final battle.

One disadvantage of being an indie game junkie is that now every time I fire up Steam I've got 800MB of potato jokes to download. On the other hand, this has also given me a chance to refamiliarize myself with BIT.TRIP BEAT, and RUNNER (which I finished on Hard), and Cogs (which I played enough of to put it in my "money's worth" bin, technically. It's still made of nothing but sliding block puzzles :eng99:)

I think I'll start flipping between adventures and action games now. So, random.org, my adventure will be... Monkey Island 2: Special Edition. Well, OK. My action game, assuming Half-Life 2 stays in purgatory, will be... Deus Ex: Invisible War? I guess I'll have to see if it's really as bad as everyone said it was. The nature of the complaints makes it sound like I'll have at least as much fun with it as I did with Borderlands, though.

ManxomeBromide fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 9, 2011

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
178 Games, $2618.23 USD.

I didn't realise my addiction had got so bad!

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

QUALITY SEIZURE-INDUCED GLITCH-HOP FUN!
Made some progress to start out April. Beaten: Serious Sam 2nd Encounter, MegaRace. Up next is Red Faction: Guerrilla.

In the name of trying to hammer through everything like a crazy person, I'm changing up how I'm going through my backlog (since I now have ungodly amounts of HDD storage again after doing some media purging). Each game gets 10 hours of undivided attention. If I can get it beaten in that time or less (or if I just get sick of it in that time), then it's done. If not, it goes on the backburner for later. Then it's onto the next game. This is going to allow me to at least get a start/sample of everything quicker, and get the faster games out of the way fast to cut down my list. Once my list of poo poo has gotten a rotation, then I'll start working on any games that aren't finished yet and hammer away at those. This will also ensure when I buy a game, it'll get some dedicated attention the day I loving get it.
Since I haven't bought anything new really for PS3, I've already started it on that front. It's working out quite nice and keeps things varied. That said, probably never going to beat Test Drive Unlimited 2 (late-game races are bullshit) and Disgaea 3 (over 120 hours and I still haven't wrapped up the story even though I'm on the last chapter).

In the meantime, my iPod's backlog has gotten MASSIVE. I may need to start blasting through that soon...

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Finished Monkey Island 2: Special Edition. Wow. Such a bad game. Even with the Special Edition there's only so much you can do to save the design. The puzzle chains are long, require absolutely epic amounts of backtracking, and are almost totally unclued - the guiding principle is "if you can be a dick to someone, do so, and once you've done enough of this the puzzle solutions will fall into place for you", for the most part. And then a couple of research puzzles that were actually pretty good. The Special Edition adds a director's commentary mode that has Gilbert and Schaefer and, uh, the other guy MST3King their own game. That's pretty much the only reason this was at all enjoyable.

I was going to pick up Deus Ex: Invisible War after that, but I figured I'd try Half-Life 2 again, since I've still been helplessly taking little stabs at it for about a month. This time, it stuck. I've logged a solid 10 hours on it since I last dropped it and am now up to Chapter 10. It finally started clicking for me about 3/4 of the way through Chapter 6.

(mild spoilers below, but nothing that isn't revealed by looking at HL2's achievement list...)

My best moment so far is the "second turret standoff in Nova Prospekt", as the relevant achievement describes it. Normally this is a frantic, pitched battle. It turns out there are just enough crates to let you basically skip the whole battle by hiding on the ceiling:

As a result, I cleared the battle with zero damage, as my robotic army slaughtered everyone from 15 feet in the air. Perhaps this is cheese, but there were enough crates to reach there! Obviously I was meant to do this.

Four plot-related achievements left. I see no reason to not finish this off before continuing on.

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

Thewittyname posted:

gently caress you too.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ManxomeBromide posted:

but I figured I'd try Half-Life 2 again, since I've still been helplessly taking little stabs at it for about a month. This time, it stuck. I've logged a solid 10 hours on it since I last dropped it and am now up to Chapter 10. It finally started clicking for me about 3/4 of the way through Chapter 6.

You're past all the crappy stuff, pretty much all that's left is amazing set pieces and the exciting finale. And the vastly superior episodes with the cliffhanger ending that will never get resolved.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

ManxomeBromide posted:

Finished Monkey Island 2: Special Edition. Wow. Such a bad game. Even with the Special Edition there's only so much you can do to save the design. The puzzle chains are long, require absolutely epic amounts of backtracking, and are almost totally unclued - the guiding principle is "if you can be a dick to someone, do so, and once you've done enough of this the puzzle solutions will fall into place for you", for the most part. And then a couple of research puzzles that were actually pretty good. The Special Edition adds a director's commentary mode that has Gilbert and Schaefer and, uh, the other guy MST3King their own game. That's pretty much the only reason this was at all enjoyable.

What? No! :)

Heh, my first playthrough of Monkey Island 2 was actually what got me hooked on adventure games. I actually played through it 3 times, just so I could get a speed run under 3 hours, and another so I could record it for youtube. LOL. It's been a couple of months since I've played it, and I don't remember any puzzle really requiring a lot of backtracking. Most of the puzzles were self contained on the island you were on (unless my memory is sketchy). There certainly were some obtuse solutions (everyone who has played MI2, probably knows what I'm talking about).

Although, you bring up a good point of the commentary. I meant to do a playthrough with the commentary, but I got burnt out when I did 3 playthroughs in a row, perhaps it's time to go back to it.

Anyway, I've been playing through Mini Ninjas lately. It's actually pretty fun. It reminds me a lot of the action/adventure games from the PS1 era (like the Spyros and others). It's definitely kids oriented and easy, but it's not bad. I didn't even know I had it actually, apparently I got it from the Eidos pack I bought at one point.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

fatpat268 posted:

Heh, my first playthrough of Monkey Island 2 was actually what got me hooked on adventure games.

Did you play the game originally or did you jump on the Special Edition bandwagon? Personally I'm a special edition person and this is a really solid adventure game, shame I was so young when it came out!

fatpat268 posted:

Anyway, I've been playing through Mini Ninjas lately. It's actually pretty fun. It reminds me a lot of the action/adventure games from the PS1 era (like the Spyros and others). It's definitely kids oriented and easy, but it's not bad. I didn't even know I had it actually, apparently I got it from the Eidos pack I bought at one point.

I saw this and I was quite curious, will check it out when I have some spare time :)

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I am stuck in Far Cry, but after 12 hours I think that I might just accept that I got 75% of the way through the game and didn't finish it. Maybe one day I'll go back to it, but now I switched to Gothic 2. I had been wanting to play a good RPG and this is definitely scratching that itch. While not playing Gothic 2, I've been cruising the streets in Burnout Paradise. I put about 13 hours into this before I reformatted my computer and lost all my progress, so I'm back trying to get the cars unlocked and do some bad rear end jumps.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

Lurchibles posted:

Did you play the game originally or did you jump on the Special Edition bandwagon? Personally I'm a special edition person and this is a really solid adventure game, shame I was so young when it came out!

I jumped on the special edition wagon myself. I didn't care much for the Monkey Island 1 though, because I felt there was even more backtracking in that game. It was still good, but I felt that Monkey Island 2 was much better.

But yea, I never played the original. I was quite young at the time too, and my family was a console family. I didn't get into PC gaming until ~2005.

E: A screenshot from mini ninjas. Graphics are simple, but it can look nice at times:

fatpat268 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 13, 2011

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

fatpat268 posted:

It's been a couple of months since I've played it, and I don't remember any puzzle really requiring a lot of backtracking. Most of the puzzles were self contained on the island you were on (unless my memory is sketchy). There certainly were some obtuse solutions (everyone who has played MI2, probably knows what I'm talking about).

Well, it depends on what you mean by a "puzzle". Chapter 2 is "The Four Map Pieces" - every map piece has prereqs that require you to visit every island, and while I haven't done a dependency graph on it I'm pretty sure that you can't batch much at a time to proceed, though you can do step 4 before step 2 and such if you know the solutions outright.

The commentary actually goes into this some, with a bit of a side of "Man, we were dicks". This may be coloring my reaction here. I did play it originally, and having some long-cherished excuses I made for them get shattered by reality may also be coloring my current negative reaction more. But I've always felt it was weaker than 1 and 3. I found 4 to be beyond my pain threshold, and Tales of Monkey Island is kinda hanging out further down my stack. The only reason it's not coming up in more detail is that I didn't get it from Steam in the first place. :downs:

This also, to be fair, means that I did not deal with the game with integrated hints, which I understand the Special Edition has. I cannot judge that part fairly, because I only remember the nerdraging teenager cursing at his VGA monitor. Perhaps the gobsmacking obtuseness is less gobsmacking with that.

(This isn't getting into the non-obtuse but nevertheless totally unclued puzzles; the puzzle chain that culminates in you getting the antique shop's map piece is easily my favorite puzzle in the game, and the player has to take the initiative to make the answer happen. But, obviously, it didn't save the whole experience for me. And even in that puzzle chain, the spitting contest was just :gonk:.)

Shovelmint posted:

You're past all the crappy stuff, pretty much all that's left is amazing set pieces and the exciting finale. And the vastly superior episodes with the cliffhanger ending that will never get resolved.

Heh. For the purposes of this thread, each episode is its own entry on the backlog. It's also interesting, though, because in the first part of the game, the parts I liked the most vocally (notably Water Hazard while your airboat is unarmed) was also the stuff most people seem to have not liked, and Ravenholm (which it seemed everyone loved) was a huge sticking point. (Route Kanal was too, but it looks like everyone hated that, so whatever.)

I also have since finished chapter 10. I could seriously get used to having my escort NPC squads not being useless gits. (I had three casualties over the course of the whole chapter, and all of them were during pitched battles against apparently infinite numbers of enemies. I'm willing to call that acceptable losses given the odds.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

fatpat268 posted:

E: A screenshot from mini ninjas. Graphics are simple, but it can look nice at times:

That looks really nice and simplistic, will definitely have to check it out.