Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I also like I, The Breather. I might go see them next month along with Upon A Burning Body, The Color Morale, Like Moths to Flames, 3-D Arcade, and Every Knee Shall Bow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
April is shaping up to be a blast. I've got tickets for Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero, Maylene & Sons of Disaster, Bring me the Horizon, Job for a Cowboy, Set Your Goals, August Burns Red, and Born of Osiris.

And I didn't have money/time to get tickets to the other stuff I wanted to go to like Lil Wayne. Oh well.

New Osiris album is pretty neat and interesting/different sounding. New Protest sounds like Protest but kind of mediocre on the first listen through. I wanted to see Underoath but they don't seem to have come/be coming to Vancouver at all :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just got tickets to The Dillinger Escape Plan in August
:spergin:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Quellar posted:

Wormwood is a great successor to Continent, and it really demonstrates the excellent writing and screams their singer is capable of, not to mention the fact that the entire album is heavy as poo poo and full of excellent breakdowns. I'm really glad that they stuck to their style. They're going to be in Warped Tour but no word on any upcoming album that I'm aware of.

I love The Acacia Strain.. a lot. But I think Wormwood has some of the most simplistic, uninteresting lyrics of almost any album I've ever heard. I prefer more jokey poo poo like "If everyone jumped off a bridge, I bet you would say it was your idea" from The Dead Walk.

Also, they pretty much *just* released Wormwood, why would you think they'd even have a new album to talk about at all?

Cumfartcocktails
Sep 18, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

I love The Acacia Strain.. a lot. But I think Wormwood has some of the most simplistic, uninteresting lyrics of almost any album I've ever heard. I prefer more jokey poo poo like "If everyone jumped off a bridge, I bet you would say it was your idea" from The Dead Walk.

Yeah they're not the most complex lyrics but they still sound super pissed, that's the point. The one line on that album that makes me cringe though is "Paris loving Hilton wants you dead, enough said" in The Hills Have Eyes. I think he could have done better with that one line, but maybe if I knew who the song was addressing it would make sense. I love the lyrics to Jonestown, they're perfect.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I like in the booklet of the actual CD it says at the end "if you think you know what these songs are about, you don't" or something to that effect. Very cryptic.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Yeah the lyrics are dumb, find any good deathcore lyrics. You wont.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

You know.. I really like Animosity a lot, but after reading their lyrics I realized they lack in that area just as much as any other deathcore band. I think Embrace the End has good lyrics (from what I've read/can remember) but I would hesitate to classify them as deathcore.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

You know.. I really like Animosity a lot, but after reading their lyrics I realized they lack in that area just as much as any other deathcore band. I think Embrace the End has good lyrics (from what I've read/can remember) but I would hesitate to classify them as deathcore.

Yeah no need for more genre drama haha. Embrace the End has good lyrics imo, but like you said it's hard to classify genres anymore.

Mazel Tov fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 28, 2011

MulhollandDream
Nov 18, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

I know what you mean. They are good but there is something kinds goofy about the lyrics. But it doesn't really matter cause his flow almost has a rapping quality.

Quellar
Dec 21, 2007
quit staring at me

Mazel Tov posted:

Yeah the lyrics are dumb, find any good deathcore lyrics. You wont.

I beg to differ. Have you heard Emmure's new album?

Emmure posted:

We are unstoppable / We are unbreakable / How much more proof do you want? YOU CAN'T gently caress WITH US!

I don't get what endless fount of wisdom they consult for lyrics like this :iiam:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Quellar posted:

I beg to differ. Have you heard Emmure's new album?

I don't get what endless fount of wisdom they consult for lyrics like this :iiam:

This was posted a couple pages back, to answer your question.

Eight Is Legend posted:

Check out this hilarious track-by-track analysis of Emmure's new album by Frankie: http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/track_by_track_emmure/

Is he seriously for real?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
The lyrics are dumb as hell but I really like the new Emmure tape. They cut way back on the talking/whining vocals and what they do have isn't even really annoying. Felony had a few really good songs and many poo poo ones, Speaker of the Dead is almost all good.

Wait, did I talk about this already before? :confused:

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Went to that crappy tour that Evergreen Terrace is on last night. Emmure is seriously the worst band, will never think otherwise.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

The singer and I are eskimo brothers, no joke. In fact the chick in question was being texted by him while she was at my place. Scene girls :lol:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

The singer and I are eskimo brothers, no joke. In fact the chick in question was being texted by him while she was at my place. Scene girls :lol:

I don't understand this at all.
I know what the individual words mean. But...?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

A5H posted:

I don't understand this at all.
I know what the individual words mean. But...?

Me either. I've read it 5 or 6 times and I think my nose is about to bleed....

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I had sex with a girl that the singer of Emmure had sex with. While she was over my house the singer of Emmure was texting her asking her to hang out. Although he did hit it first, meh.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:stare:

So... How many neck tattoos do you have?

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
I loving hate emmure so much but their new album is so stupid heavy that I'm going to listen to it every now and then. I guess that means I'm terrible but I don't care.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

hahaha.. I actually have zero tattoos, and I'm not in a band, just connected to different people through people I know, etc. Emmure is probably the only "local" band I kind of witnessed get such notoriety. The band Dr. Acula is also from Long Island and I've seen them play a few years back and they were (still are) loving terrible. I think the dude who plays keys for them messed with a friend of mine's ex at one point, and someone else in the band threatened my life over a message board once.

Scene pointz.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Dr. Acula's from LI? Thats kinda cool i guess.

Any other bands that we regularly talk about from LI? I live on LI so i think thats kinda cool :)

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Some noteworthy LI bands (with links to youtube videos/songs)

From the Pawn Really really good friends of mine, singer of Emmure does guest vocals on their album, they recently played with White Chapel, etc. Song/video is really old though.
The World We Knew Were signed to Stillborn Records, now on some other label, been at it for a while, I'm cool with the singer and guitarist.
Cipher (Myspace link) Really preachy, but positive and thought-provoking hardcore band that's been around for a while, I really dig these guys and their message. I couldn't find an official video or anything, if you want a kind of low quality live video here

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 31, 2011

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

Some noteworthy LI bands (with links to youtube videos/songs)

From the Pawn Really really good friends of mine, singer of Emmure does guest vocals on their album, they recently played with White Chapel, etc. Song/video is really old though.
The World We Knew Were signed to Stillborn Records, now on some other label, been at it for a while, I'm cool with the singer and guitarist.
Cipher (Myspace link) Really preachy, but positive and thought-provoking hardcore band that's been around for a while, I really dig these guys and their message. I couldn't find an official video or anything, if you want a kind of low quality live video here

The partisan turbine is from LI no?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Yeah they are, really cool with those dudes too. The bassist and I were like best friends at one point. They're not together anymore, though. My friend the bassist started playing guitar in Revenance and then him, the singer of Revenance and the drummer of Partisan Turbine formed a little band called Mother Brain

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
The World We Knew was here on Monday with It Prevails and Farewell to Freeway. Their new songs are much better than their first cd and the beard guitarist(not sure of his name) shreds. It's really awkward seeing It Prevails still trying to be a band with all the lineup changes and having old members back in the band again. Pretty funny going to that show where there was maybe 30 people and then the Asking Alexandria/Emmure show the next day at the same venue selling out

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Beard dude is Tim, him and I used to not get along just over internet message board crap but we all have the same friends and he is a good dude.

I just recently got into It Prevails. They only have like two major albums, right? I dig Capture and Embrace quite a bit.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

Yeah they are, really cool with those dudes too. The bassist and I were like best friends at one point. They're not together anymore, though. My friend the bassist started playing guitar in Revenance and then him, the singer of Revenance and the drummer of Partisan Turbine formed a little band called Mother Brain

haha I remember one time I went to see the partisan turbine and whitechapel play in some lovely PA venue and the partisan turbine didn't show up because the drummers dad grounded him and wouldn't let him go on tour.

MulhollandDream
Nov 18, 2007
The new BTBAM EP is streaming off metalsucks.net if you guys care at all.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MulhollandDream posted:

Listening to it now, thanks.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Lol, it's longer than Human Abstract's last LP.

It's pretty crazy. I dunno what I think of it

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009

MulhollandDream posted:

Owns.

In my opinion it's better than the stuff between Alaska and now.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

Beard dude is Tim, him and I used to not get along just over internet message board crap but we all have the same friends and he is a good dude.

I just recently got into It Prevails. They only have like two major albums, right? I dig Capture and Embrace quite a bit.

Yeah just those two, they put out an EP a little bit ago and have something coming out soon on Mediaskare. How they got signed to that label after getting dropped by Rise baffles me.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Probably a better fit here than the other thread.

Some good bands here that I'd like to see, Darkest Hour in particular. Looking forward to it.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

Faux Shoah posted:

Some good bands here that I'd like to see, Darkest Hour in particular. Looking forward to it.

The members of Darkest Hour have not aged well at all, but they still play perfect live. Also one of my good friends is in As Blood Runs Black now this should be a good tour.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Pissed off that tour isn't coming to the UK. Most of the tour line ups I've looked at for the UK this year are really lovely.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Faux Shoah posted:

Holy gently caress this looks great- Darkest Hour is awesome in concert and most of the others are ones that I've wanted to see for some time. Then I scrolled and saw Six Feet Under and I was like :barf:

then I went to the bottom and saw FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE and I was like :supaburn:

I really have to plan ahead and try to go this year. 6FU will be a great time to get food or whatever. Also lolol at the random reference to Darkest Hour being ugly men, unless you were saying their music is no longer good in which case you are bad and wrong

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

krustster posted:

Holy gently caress this looks great- Darkest Hour is awesome in concert and most of the others are ones that I've wanted to see for some time. Then I scrolled and saw Six Feet Under and I was like :barf:

then I went to the bottom and saw FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE and I was like :supaburn:

I really have to plan ahead and try to go this year. 6FU will be a great time to get food or whatever. Also lolol at the random reference to Darkest Hour being ugly men, unless you were saying their music is no longer good in which case you are bad and wrong

I still REALLY miss Kris Norris' prescence in DH.

Their newest album is a lot cooler than Eternal Return though. I think I'm in the minority in thinking that Deliver Us is the greatest album they've made.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I saw Straight Line Stitch (Kris Norris' current job) open for Times of Grace last month and lmao, Kris Norris is being so badly wasted in that god-awful band

Darkest Hour do rule live, they don't miss a single note and are fun as poo poo to hang out and drink beer with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

the Bunt posted:

I still REALLY miss Kris Norris' prescence in DH.

Their newest album is a lot cooler than Eternal Return though. I think I'm in the minority in thinking that Deliver Us is the greatest album they've made.

Deliver us is a great album but undoing ruin is JUST THAT GOOD, sorry. Most of my *core band friends think deliver us is their best though, so you're not alone!