Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

cheap sunglasses posted:

If you like them, you'll probably also dig Wolfmother, The Vines, and Jet.

Oof, that is harsh. They do sound more like that wave of store brand 70s rock than I was expecting, though.

Going back through the thread a bit someone posted Sgt. Sunshine which reminded me I wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations for stuff in the vein of Earthless. Up-tempo with a thick, heavy groove. A lot of bands that are recommended on Lastfm like Colour Haze and Causa Sui are pretty great bands but they don't quite scratch the same itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leopold N. Loeb
Apr 26, 2010

by XyloJW

MrBling posted:

There isn't really much doom-black metal. I guess that maybe Dragged into Sunlight, but they're not really all that doomy either.

Kraken Duumvirate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcTvi4SwCDI

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

cheap sunglasses posted:

If you like them, you'll probably also dig Wolfmother, The Vines, and Jet.

Yeah, basically.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Going to see Earth in a few hours, :woop:
Anyone been to see them live recently?

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'll be seeing them on the 21st.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

HMorg posted:

I'll be seeing them on the 21st.

Seeing them on the 15th. On that note; only 5 days until Roadburn! :woop:

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So hyped for Roadburn!

Probably gonna ask this in better places, but for those who have gone, do you know a place in Eindhoven or Tilburg to pick up a tent? My friend and I are flying over and aren't paying out the rear end for luggage.

Anyway, it is an absolutely beautiful, sun-baked day today - easily the nicest day of the year so far - and I need music to match it. Let's have 'em. I'm starting with Dead Meadow - Ain't got nothing to go wrong but hopefully we can get a nice collection going suitable for just basking in the sun.

edit: One more thing... 230MB of stoner rock flyers/posters.

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 8, 2011

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
I haven't seen this posted here:

Buzzov*en fighting on Jerry Springer.

It's delightfully absurd.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Sloth's "Voice of God" is a criminally unnoticed band for fans of the genre. I have yet to meet anyone else who owns this album, but I got it dirt cheap on a whim when a store was closing out and selling all their CDs for dirt cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqNAWPwlg00

I can't even find any other information about them to be honest.

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Sloth's "Voice of God"
:aaaaa: :fh:

e: While checking out some background info on Sloth, I found a cool (now defunct) music blog called Get Off My Elevator, through which I also found out about these guys: http://www.myspace.com/treehornrock

The GOME reviews for each actually link to :filez: but I think I'm in the clear so long as I don't actually post them. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

amplifier worship fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 8, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh man, Earth were absolutely amazing, best gig I've been to probably...ever.

They played a lot of Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light Part 1 and a new song from Part 2. (The Multiplicity of Doors, sounded great, like an evil version of Angels. I'm guessing Part 2 will be about the Demons.)

We also got Ouroboros is Broken, Bees Made Honey in the Lions Skull and Coda Maestoso In F Flat Minor. Ouroboros was amazing, really heavy compared to the rest of the night's stuff.

Got to meet the band afterwards and got a poster signed by all of the band and a photo with Dylan Carlson, who's a really nice guy.

If they play near you, go see them, it's an experience.

\/\/\/
The smaller the venue, the better I'd say. I was literally right in front of the band, there was no barrier to the stage, which was unusual for the venue. It was amazing.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 9, 2011

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Gonna see Earth at Roadburn but I just noticed how short it is to travel to Cardiff from here, so I think I'll head over there on the 11th.

And Voice of God is indeed pretty drat great.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

amplifier worship posted:

:aaaaa: :fh:

Dun dun datata dun dun datatataa dun dun datatatatataatatata...

DUNNNNNNNN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma
The new Pentagram has the same problem as the new Danzig: everything sounds right but the songs aren't memorable at all outside the redone 70s tracks.

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Dun dun datata dun dun datatataa dun dun datatatatataatatata...

DUNNNNNNNN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I think you might have missed a few instances of the letter "N", and it's in our best interest to represent authenticity here. gently caress man, tell you dig these dudes too: Grief - Predator

Honestly can't even be bothered to check if they've been posted before, this poo poo deserves to be in every goddamned post in this thread.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Anyone know what the country songs on Weedeater's pre-show playlist are?

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Sloth's "Voice of God" is a criminally unnoticed band for fans of the genre. I have yet to meet anyone else who owns this album, but I got it dirt cheap on a whim when a store was closing out and selling all their CDs for dirt cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqNAWPwlg00

I can't even find any other information about them to be honest.

I bought the album under similar circumstances years ago too, it's pretty cool dude. Haven't spun it for a long time though, might dig it out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gently caress.
YES.

"Om posted:

OM are currently working on a new album, check here, omvibratory.com and Drag City for updates.

Can't wait.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
For those interested, the Mastodon Live At The Aragon 2xLP+DVD comes out on Record Store Day 2011, next Saturday.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/4914

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Minsk is officially on hiatus.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Velocirocktor posted:

Oof, that is harsh. They do sound more like that wave of store brand 70s rock than I was expecting, though.

Going back through the thread a bit someone posted Sgt. Sunshine which reminded me I wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations for stuff in the vein of Earthless. Up-tempo with a thick, heavy groove. A lot of bands that are recommended on Lastfm like Colour Haze and Causa Sui are pretty great bands but they don't quite scratch the same itch.

Try Tia Carrera- they're an all-instrumental jam band very much in the Earthless vein. Their new release "Cosmic Priestess" is pretty dope.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Friends Are Evil posted:

Minsk is officially on hiatus.

That kinda sucks, they were a decent band and did a killer Roky Erickson cover

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

gently caress.
YES.

Can't wait.

The wait is going to kill me, still awesome news.

midge posted:

For those interested, the Mastodon Live At The Aragon 2xLP+DVD comes out on Record Store Day 2011, next Saturday.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/4914

gently caress yes

Flying-Jigs
Apr 1, 2005

its a cookie
Olde Growth, that were posted earlier, are amazing.

This thread needs more Karma to Burn, however:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGD45SK08o

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

Juaguocio posted:

Try Tia Carrera- they're an all-instrumental jam band very much in the Earthless vein. Their new release "Cosmic Priestess" is pretty dope.

These guys are tight as hell, thanks for the tip. Exactly what I was looking for.

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

Guess I must be the only person who doesn't like Earth. Most boring live band I've ever seen. Every song sounds the same. I saw them in Oakland a year ago and they literally cleared out 90% of the audience by their third song.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bondage posted:

Guess I must be the only person who doesn't like Earth. Most boring live band I've ever seen. Every song sounds the same. I saw them in Oakland a year ago and they literally cleared out 90% of the audience by their third song.

I dunno, when you're in a country starved of this sort of music, you take what you can get. Saying that, I really did enjoy them live.

But yeah, a lot of their stuff sounds exactly the same, it's mostly all in the same keys.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Bondage posted:

You must really dislike old Earth, it's all one or two chords.

Thalamus
Jan 20, 2007

Peace, Brothers & Sisters!
Right now I'm listening to Het Droste Effect, a psych rock band from the Netherlands and it's pretty loving awesome. You can get their EP on bandcamp for free, so do it.

http://hetdrosteeffect.bandcamp.com/

Also stumbled across an EP by the band Tuber, reminds me of 35007, My Sleeping Karma, stuff in that vein. Again you can get it free on bandcamp:

http://tuber.bandcamp.com/

Thalamus fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 11, 2011

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

MrBling posted:

There isn't really much doom-black metal.

Also, Faustcoven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URlTvtR6yNA&feature=related

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
I went to Floor's first show of their reunion tour last night, and I must say they did not disappoint, it was by far one of the best shows I've been to in years.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Do any of you dig Murkrat? I got two of the albums over the weekend and it's some twisted stuff. It's funeral doom mixed with trad doom, samples are here:

http://www.myspace.com/murkrat

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone want to get together for a doob at Roadburn? I don't know anyone going apart from the friend I'm travelling with and it'd be cool to meet some of you guys, which I've never done... though I did once meet a non-goon who'd been lurking in this thread (I said hi after I saw he had an Orange Goblin hoodie on).

edit: For the extremely spontaneous, there are loads of spare Roadburn tickets going here http://www.foreverdoomed.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20562

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 11, 2011

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Idioteque Dance posted:

Anyone want to get together for a doob at Roadburn? I don't know anyone going apart from the friend I'm travelling with and it'd be cool to meet some of you guys, which I've never done... though I did once meet a non-goon who'd been lurking in this thread (I said hi after I saw he had an Orange Goblin hoodie on).

edit: For the extremely spontaneous, there are loads of spare Roadburn tickets going here http://www.foreverdoomed.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20562

If you see a long-haired guy wearing a green Weedeater hoodie and/or a jacket loaded with patches, including a The Devil's Blood backpatch, come say hello!

I'm flying down from Trondheim on Wednesday, my biggest concern for the festival is having to stand in line for Ufomammut midway through Shrinebuilder's set. Despite that and a bunch of lesser clashes, I'm stoked as hell. Printed out the running order and picked some suitably beardy shirts today. :D

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think my biggest concern is being homeless in the Netherlands on the 13th. We're hoping to just find an inconspicuous place to set up camp in/out of town :I

Also don't have a campsite ticket for the night of Afterburner, we're hoping we can cheese our way into it somehow.

Good call on choosing the running order, gonna have to get to that tonight (before I leave to see Earth!)

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
I'm crashing at my Dutch friend's house on the 13th, then we're driving to Tilburg Thursday morning. I assume the nights in the campsite will get rather cold, but on the other hand I'll probably be too dazed to care or notice.

On a not Roadburn-related note, here's a pretty good Swedish band for fans of YOB and Ufomammut:

S:T Erik

Their entire first album is up on their MySpace for free.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I'll be the dude with no beard and a mohawk, drat genetics. Gonna forego Shrinebuilder in favor of Ramesses and UFOMAMMUT as well.

NuclearGuru
Jan 4, 2011
God drat it, all this Roadburn talk is making me jealous. Hopefully next year I'll have the time and money, because drat, every year is a killer lineup. Ufomammut should tour the US sometime soon. Ufomammut/YOB/Bongripper tour, laying waste to everything in their path. A dude can dream...

Walter Sobchak posted:

I went to Floor's first show of their reunion tour last night, and I must say they did not disappoint, it was by far one of the best shows I've been to in years.

I was there too. Do you live in Atlanta? Don't mean to clog up the thread with this, so feel free to message me on AIM (it's in my profile) if you want - I'm always down to meet people who like good music.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NuclearGuru posted:

Ufomammut/YOB/Bongripper tour, laying waste to everything in their path.

:allears:
I'd kill to see one of these bands live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Why would they title the third segment of the Roadburn 2010 video retrospective 'a Yob well done' when there's virtually no YOB at all featured in it? For shame!