Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Goddamnit, I installed something that is giving me hellacious slow-down. When I restart its fine, but after about 5 minutes, I get like 3 FPS suddenly. If I wait for maybe 10 minutes, it goes back to normal for a few minutes before getting slow again. This is a brand new problem since installing Project New Vegas and both NV Bounties.

Without posting a huge-rear end load order, do you suppose loading New Vegas Bounties 1 and 2 at the same time could be causing this intermittent slow down? Can they be turned on at anytime and work properly?

edit: Nevermind, it's Project Vegas causing the ruckus. I'll have to investigate further when I'm not so tired.

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Apr 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Someone finally released a proper MMM-style creature addition mod for New Vegas, and it's compatible with IWS. The creatures look to be a mix of STALKER stuff and legitimate new varieties, all in all everything is of a pretty decent quality. For anyone who is familiar with the (very high quality) EVE-900 mod, it's more or less the same creatures from that mod added to the default leveled lists.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41361

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
I want to mod up for my second real playthrough of NV, but the list in the OP is pretty overwhelming. I'm mostly looking for small changes that will improve the overall gameplay experience without changing anything drastic or looking out of place in game. What are the goon favorites for graphical enhancements? Oh and I was also looking for something to add a bit more variety to the radio.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Was EVE considered high quality? All I remember is robot nipples ripped off from some terminator mod for FO3 and some truly awfully textured guns. The problem with mods like this is that they usually kill balancing, either by giving retarded loot or make enemies silly bullet sponges with 9999999 HP.

I start to think the balancing with many mods isn't off because the authors are retarded, I think it happens because they "fall in love" with their own creation and want it to be the "bestest thing ever". Well ok, it's kind of retarded but it at least explains a lot.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41367

This, this is the best mod.

comments section posted:

Not so sure if this is lore friendly. Doesn't look much like 50es tech.

Hoodrich posted:

Oh and I was also looking for something to add a bit more variety to the radio.

Existence 2.0:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35330

Which is an awesome mod all around and gives the game a completely different atmosphere.

many people also like:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35061

which has good music I guess and the civil defense spots are interesting too, but I find that girl they used to speak for the station being really annoying. You can just tell how she's in love with her own voice, I usually switch stations when she comes on.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 12, 2011

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Police Automaton posted:

many people also like:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35061

which has good music I guess and the civil defense spots are interesting too, but I find that girl they used to speak for the station being really annoying. You can just tell how she's in love with her own voice, I usually switch stations when she comes on.

Conelrad is great, except for two or three of the songs which I find incredibly annoying. (My Radiation Baby being one of them) So I just replaced them with some songs from the original new vegas radio and it works great. Katrina's not too bad but her voice work seems completely out of place.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Hoodrich posted:

I want to mod up for my second real playthrough of NV, but the list in the OP is pretty overwhelming. I'm mostly looking for small changes that will improve the overall gameplay experience without changing anything drastic or looking out of place in game. What are the goon favorites for graphical enhancements? Oh and I was also looking for something to add a bit more variety to the radio.

I would recommend Project Nevada. It adds a bunch of small stuff at the moment, and there's a cybernetics add-on that adds bonuses that are kind of like small perks. For example, one of my favorites decreases the recharge time of bullet-time (added by Project Nevada) by a certain percent for every enemy killed. None of the changes are huge or game changing at the moment, though that's expected to change over time.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Lege posted:

I had this issue too, fixed it by regenerating the .esp with a proper track count (instead of the default 1000). Try doing it without including the blues, classical etc. tracks.

I've tried that, but I still get silence even when I set the track count to be lower than the number of songs I have made available to it.

After doing more testing, I realize that while my PipBoy radio will no longer play music tracks on the Radio New Vegas channel, I can still hear them playing on the various external radios that populate the game world.

Irritating.

The mod author is of course, no longer interested in playing the game, and if you question his code he insists that everything works perfectly and the problem is obviously *your* fault because you didn't follow his barely-english pseudo instructions in the readme to the letter.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Police Automaton posted:

Was EVE considered high quality? All I remember is robot nipples ripped off from some terminator mod for FO3 and some truly awfully textured guns. The problem with mods like this is that they usually kill balancing, either by giving retarded loot or make enemies silly bullet sponges with 9999999 HP.

There's a version without the nipples and the guns are probably the weakest part of the mod.

The monsters added by it are undoubtedly the best part of the mod, however, and being able to use them as a standalone is awesome.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
I did the caliber compatibility esm for the latest update, it's here

Edit: I can't seem to make the proper ammo spawn on npcs.. looking into it now. I think it's fixed, let me know if anything's not working right.

Safety Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 14, 2011

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

SheepNameKiller posted:

There's a version without the nipples and the guns are probably the weakest part of the mod.

The monsters added by it are undoubtedly the best part of the mod, however, and being able to use them as a standalone is awesome.

I was generally impressed with EVE-900, the Xenomorphs especially were bad rear end as I recall from the FO3 mod. Definitely the new ghoul variants are totally bitchin' and worth the download. I thought the guns were OK and no more outlandish than some of the big guns from the 19th/20th century weapon pack.

I'd give it a solid B+.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Is there anything to make the game stop resetting to Sunday every time you exit the game?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Okay well now I'm stumped. My game was working fine before I installed Project Vegas and NV Bounties 1 & 2. After that I started a new game and got major lag every 5 minutes which lasted for about five minutes. So I switched the new stuff off and it's still doing it. Anybody have a similar problem?

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
WARZONES - Misanthropy Pure.esm
Lings.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
More Perks.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
NewVegasStripOverhaul.esp
monsterranch.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp
More Perks Update.esp
StripOpenNPCs.esp
Lore version.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
UsableCigarettes neunen Ver for New Vegas.esp
IWS-AS-LowSpawns.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
XFO - 4b - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 8d - Gore Changes.esp
XFO - 4a - Perks - Paths.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 5da - Skills - Sneak - mild.esp
XFO - 5ea - Skills - Barter - Mild.esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
XFO - 9ca - Enemies - NPC Aim + low.esp
XFO - 9da - Enemies - NPC Healing - low.esp
URWLNV.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp

Total active plugins: 39
Total plugins: 69

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Naky, is there a list of item codes for the stuff in the Armory? I'm running low on crossbow arrows. :v:

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

Anal Surgery posted:

Okay well now I'm stumped. My game was working fine before I installed Project Vegas and NV Bounties 1 & 2. After that I started a new game and got major lag every 5 minutes which lasted for about five minutes. So I switched the new stuff off and it's still doing it. Anybody have a similar problem?

Turn off Warzone and NV Redesigned. I dumped both of these mods and i got back frame rate and stability.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Sole.Sushi posted:

Naky, is there a list of item codes for the stuff in the Armory? I'm running low on crossbow arrows. :v:

You can pull the code from the game by using the showinventory command.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Ah, cheers mate.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is there any way to get the game to not put 1280x800 in letterbox format? I want to make some videos of this game, but my monitor's native resolution of 1680x1050 is a bit of overkill for that.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mill Village posted:

Is there any way to get the game to not put 1280x800 in letterbox format? I want to make some videos of this game, but my monitor's native resolution of 1680x1050 is a bit of overkill for that.

Can't you force your graphics card to overscan / stretch-to-fit resolutions in your respective video card control panel (i.e. CCC?)

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Hey, are we still doing the whole "look at this gross nexus mod" thing? I sure hope so.

very :nws: transgender suits

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Sole.Sushi posted:

I'm not sure how you have your game set up but if you're using the cabinets, they respawn. You can also make more via the workbenches.

Sporto
Oct 16, 2010

The Slayer walks the earth!

Captain McStabbin posted:

Hey, are we still doing the whole "look at this gross nexus mod" thing? I sure hope so.

very :nws: transgender suits

Well, I know what my next download is going to be. This will go great with my anime rape gecko esp's, children's jiggle dicks, and final fantasy hair pack.

I originally read that as "transgender sluts", but alure is the same.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Can't you force your graphics card to overscan / stretch-to-fit resolutions in your respective video card control panel (i.e. CCC?)

Yeah, it's set to do that, but the game still does it anyway. None of my other games do that, so its kinda bizarre.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Getting a weird glitch with Nevada skies, it's not a big deal (only appears when looking at certain angles) but it'd be cool to know what's causing it.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Hoodrich posted:

Getting a weird glitch with Nevada skies, it's not a big deal (only appears when looking at certain angles) but it'd be cool to know what's causing it.

It's not really clear what's happening in that picture. You're looking at the ground?

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Verdugo posted:

It's not really clear what's happening in that picture. You're looking at the ground?

No, I'm looking at the sky. Everything looks fine but if I point my camera at the sky it goes all blurry, then depending on where I look, whatever that is (a texture?) gets clearer and clearer.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Verdugo posted:

The sky IS the ground. :supaburn:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Simple. The moon is crashing into the earth. It's a weather effect.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
I think it might have something to do with all the replacement textures I have installed (all 3 in the OP).

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

LvK posted:

Simple. The moon is crashing into the earth. It's a weather effect.

Fallout: New Vegas: Majora's Mask mod.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hoodrich posted:

I think it might have something to do with all the replacement textures I have installed (all 3 in the OP).

Do you have Nevada Skies by itself or that URWLified version? Because if it's the latter it needs the former and the cloud pack it offers too. Though if you have other textures it may be confusing them for the sky and throwing it up there. It looks pretty trippy.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I downloaded a PDR mod earlier, and I uninstalled it almost instantly because the reload animation didn't fit and the stats were all sorts of silly.

Naky, you have ruined me.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

RBA Starblade posted:

Do you have Nevada Skies by itself or that URWLified version? Because if it's the latter it needs the former and the cloud pack it offers too. Though if you have other textures it may be confusing them for the sky and throwing it up there. It looks pretty trippy.

Just by itself. It's weird, it only happens during day. While I was just playing I got a metal texture in the sky too. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the ojo bueno textures, I have no idea how to fix it though. I think I'm just going to use western skies since it doesn't have the same bug. (Though it does have a bug of sun glare going through building and rocks).

Hoodrich fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 15, 2011

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
Naky, I bought the Accuracy International AWP yesterday and noticed the Scope is kind of.. I don't know how to describe it, glowing? A little bit like enchanted Items used to in Oblivion, or maybe like an overdone plastic effect. I don't know if this was on purpose but I doubt it because it glows in the dark. Do you know what the cause could be and how I could work around it?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Police Automaton posted:

Naky, I bought the Accuracy International AWP yesterday and noticed the Scope is kind of.. I don't know how to describe it, glowing? A little bit like enchanted Items used to in Oblivion, or maybe like an overdone plastic effect. I don't know if this was on purpose but I doubt it because it glows in the dark. Do you know what the cause could be and how I could work around it?

Nothing special about the texture on it other than it has the shinybright effect map on it. I suspect that you could delete it and that might fix it? If you are willing to edit it with nifskope, just open up the mesh with it and click on the scope in the window and then expand the NiTriStrips and expand the BBShaderPPLightingProperty node as well. Click on the BSShaderTextureSet and in the bottom portion of nifskope you'll see the textures\effects\shinybright_e.dds location. Double click it to edit it and delete. Click save as, use the same filename and restart the game n' you're good to go.

If this really bothers people, I suppose I could go back and delete that effect but that's a rather time consuming idea to ponder...

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
Well bothering might be the wrong word. I followed what you told me, noticing only after much trial and error I actually have the AWM not AWP. (durr)

Removing the texture from the model removed the green tint but made the shiny effect actually more accentuated. I made a screenshot.

Well, I'm playing with some of this ENB series stuff and darker nights, so I guess that makes the whole thing a little more accentuated. It's not horrible looking, it's only noticeable in the dark. Normally I'm a firm believer of not bothering people with poo poo probably only I care about, but I'd actually be interested what creates this effect in the first place. I found the material glossines and emission values which where higher than on the other parts, but changing them to be the same strangely didn't change anything.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Police Automaton posted:

Well bothering might be the wrong word. I followed what you told me, noticing only after much trial and error I actually have the AWM not AWP. (durr)

Removing the texture from the model removed the green tint but made the shiny effect actually more accentuated. I made a screenshot.

Well, I'm playing with some of this ENB series stuff and darker nights, so I guess that makes the whole thing a little more accentuated. It's not horrible looking, it's only noticeable in the dark. Normally I'm a firm believer of not bothering people with poo poo probably only I care about, but I'd actually be interested what creates this effect in the first place. I found the material glossines and emission values which where higher than on the other parts, but changing them to be the same strangely didn't change anything.

Yea I've had that before with something I was modding I don't remember how to fix it thought, definitely looks terrible and is noticeable, at least to me.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Hey Naky, I was wondering how much of a pain in the rear end it is to convert nifs into something useable. I ask cause some guy ported the Beretta Rx4 from GRAW2, but he had to import it as an Oblivion nif, which I guess means that it's missing a lot of nodes.

Here's the file re-uploaded on mediafire.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Captain McStabbin posted:

Hey Naky, I was wondering how much of a pain in the rear end it is to convert nifs into something useable. I ask cause some guy ported the Beretta Rx4 from GRAW2, but he had to import it as an Oblivion nif, which I guess means that it's missing a lot of nodes.

Here's the file re-uploaded on mediafire.

If you give me any model format I can open in Lightwave, or use a conversion tool of some sort to make it into a format I can open in Lightwave and so long as the texture can be exported as a DDS file, I'm reasonably certain I can make most guns work in Vegas. Well, assuming the mesh was modeled right, of course.

Re: shininess, the only other thing I can think of is that it's a graphical victim of the low/medium texture glitch perhaps. The AWP was one of the 44 affected guns, all of which are now fixed. That being said, the entire gun was affected and not just the scope so it would make more sense to me if the entire gun was shiny like that and not just the scope. Beyond that, I'm not seeing anything else that would make it do that in nifskope. The material/texture values are identical between the scope and the rest of the gun. If you or anyone else having the same problem have time at some point tonight or on the weekend, swing by the IRC channel so we can try to figure it out without spamming up the thread.

edit: I can work with that RX4 model. I just finished separating it in Lightwave, flipping the inverted polys, etc. All I need to do at some point now is re-export it, import and animate it in Nifskope, assign the textures, and she's a done deal.

Naky fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Apr 15, 2011

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hoodrich posted:

Just by itself. It's weird, it only happens during day. While I was just playing I got a metal texture in the sky too. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the ojo bueno textures, I have no idea how to fix it though. I think I'm just going to use western skies since it doesn't have the same bug. (Though it does have a bug of sun glare going through building and rocks).

I had the same problem happen when I removed the URWL cloud pack (I liked the original option better). Just re-download and install the Nevada skies data package and it should fix it.