Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Inspector_71 posted:

I listened to the new Thursday album and yeah, it's a letdown. There is no urgency in the vocals at all, and Thursday's take on the whole "Post-rock is Screamo's retirement home" thing is bland and boring.

At least it's not as depressingly bland as the new rise against. I'm not sure what they would be classified as nowadays so I'm just going to whine here how much I miss RPM era Rise against and The Killing Tree :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

punxnbutter posted:

I like your demo Big Willy nice job. I bet you all tear the house down live.....

Thanks mate. Our singer is 6'8" and not afraid to get in people's faces, but local shows can be a bit timid because people around here aren't really warm to the idea of 30 second songs with out endless breakdowns.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
My friend has an extra ticket for the Subhumans(U.K)/MDC show in Chicago tomorrow and she was nice enough to ask me to tag along with her. Time to see some extra-snotty washed-up first-wave anarcho punk rock.

Passion for Dilbert
Dec 5, 2007

Big Willy Style posted:

Thanks mate. Our singer is 6'8" and not afraid to get in people's faces, but local shows can be a bit timid because people around here aren't really warm to the idea of 30 second songs with out endless breakdowns.

I listened to your demo and thought it was awesome!! And yeah, I pretty much never meet people that are into hardcore down where I live (Tasmania) :australia:

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Tasmania has Psychroptic dude, so I could probably live with that. Thanks for the kind words!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Rooney McNibnug posted:

My friend has an extra ticket for the Subhumans(U.K)/MDC show in Chicago tomorrow and she was nice enough to ask me to tag along with her. Time to see some extra-snotty washed-up first-wave anarcho punk rock.

I saw that show last night. It was a swell time.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Is anyone going to Stay Sweet Fest this weekend?

quote:

FRIDAY, APRIL 15
5:00 DOORS
6-620 THIS IS YOUR LIFE
630-650 TIT PATROL
7-720 DEAD RINGER
730-750 FROST WATSON
8-820 HOP ALONG
830-850 RUST BELT LIGHTS
9-920 GLOCCA MORRA
930-950 MONUMENT
10-1020 HOSTAGE CALM
1030-1050 STATIC RADIO
11-1130 TRANSIT
1140-1210 SLINGSHOT DAKOTA
1220-1250 DAYTRADER
1-130 THE RIOT BEFORE

Saturday, April 16
12:00 DOORS
1-120 SUNDIALS
130-150 THE HAVERCHUCKS
2-220 PEDALS ON OUR PIRATE SHIPS
230-250 SIGNALS MIDWEST
3-320 THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE & I AM NO LONGER AFRAID TO DIE
330-350 LUTHER
4-420 LIGHTEN UP
430-450 CANDY HEARTS
5-520 IMADETHISMISTAKE
5:40-6 THE FRONT BOTTOMS
6:10-6:30 NEW CREASES
6:30-7:30 DINNER BREAK (not a band, stop checking the internet while drunk)
730-750 NIGHTLIGHTS
8-820 VACATION
830-850 CAPTAIN, WE’RE SINKING
9-920 DIRECT HIT!
930-950 THE MAX LEVINE ENSEMBLE
10-1020 GO RYDELL
1030-11 THE SIDEKICKS
1110-1140 TIGERS JAW
1150-1220 BRIDGE & TUNNEL
1230-1 THE DOPAMINES
110-140 THE MENZINGERS

Sunday, April 17
1:00 DOORS
2-220 HOLD TIGHT!
230-250 OUR NEW NATION
3-320 THE GREEK FAVOURITES
330-350 EVERYONE EVERYWHERE
4-420 BANDNAME
430-450 TIMESHARES
5-520 SPRAYNARD
530-550 TIN ARMOR
6-620 MIXTAPES
640-7 GROWN UPS
7:10-7:40 THE WILD
7:50-8:20 SNOWING
8:30-9 BOMB THE MUSIC INDUSTRY!
9:30-10 MISCHIEF BREW
10:30-11 ALGERNON CADWALLADER

I've been planning on going for weeks but I just got a call asking if I'd fill in on bass for Dead Ringer's set... so if anyone's going, come find me!

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
I'll be there with my friends should be a riot.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The new Teenage Bottlerocket EP is out on Amazon and iTunes and such, and the records have shipped.

poo poo is awesome, and the Bad Religion cover is surprisingly good.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
New Spraynard is up on if you make it! rules.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
Awesome thanks for the heads up.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
also, i don't know if emo revival is very popular in this thread, but hightide hotel released another acoustic ep and holy poo poo, those lyrics.

zomboid
Mar 2, 2011
This is my band the Hex Dispensers:

http://thehexdispensers.bandcamp.com/

It may appeal to some of you.

We have some new 7" rekkids coming out this summer on Razorcake and Red Lounge (Germany). Those will be posted on the bandcamp for download as soon as the vinyl is available.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Y'all are awesome. Winchester Mystery House is great. Especially the Devo cover.

All you nerds going to the clusterfuck known as Stay Sweet Fest make sure you see The Haverchucks. Best band on that fest.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
I'm sure I'll be there soon enough on Saturday to see them since Sundials rules. Thanks for the tip!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

zomboid posted:

This is my band the Hex Dispensers:

http://thehexdispensers.bandcamp.com/

It may appeal to some of you.

We have some new 7" rekkids coming out this summer on Razorcake and Red Lounge (Germany). Those will be posted on the bandcamp for download as soon as the vinyl is available.

I loving LOVE YOUR BAND, Winchester Mystery House has not left my car in at least a year.

Come play South Florida sometime, friend.

Circlewave
Jan 29, 2007

SEEDHEADS - Live Demos
My band decided to record a practice and it ended up being our best rehearsal ever. The sound quality's awful because we recorded it with one mic, but maybe it's just 'lo-fi' or whatever. It's raw, and it rips. I play guitar. Let me know what you think

download/stream:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xvq2c2gsryi4r5j
http://soundcloud.com/seedheads/sets/live-demos-3

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Circlewave posted:

SEEDHEADS - Live Demos
My band decided to record a practice and it ended up being our best rehearsal ever. The sound quality's awful because we recorded it with one mic, but maybe it's just 'lo-fi' or whatever. It's raw, and it rips. I play guitar. Let me know what you think

download/stream:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xvq2c2gsryi4r5j
http://soundcloud.com/seedheads/sets/live-demos-3

:stare:
I was really impressed. Catchy tunes and drums that sound straight out of the Sonics. I would love to hear a better quality version of that demo. You Disgust Me was my favourite.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

A friend and I are bringing See You In Hell from the Czech Republic over to Texas and the east coast this summer with our bands. Definitely come check it out if you're around any of these shows:

zomboid
Mar 2, 2011

answersyouseek posted:

Y'all are awesome. Winchester Mystery House is great. Especially the Devo cover.

Weaponized Cum posted:

I loving LOVE YOUR BAND, Winchester Mystery House has not left my car in at least a year.

Come play South Florida sometime, friend.

Thanks y'all. Unfortunately we don't really tour anymore except for the occasional fest or weekend trip. If you're coming to Chaos in Tejas - we'll be playing during that.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ChaosNonMusica posted:

A friend and I are bringing See You In Hell from the Czech Republic over to Texas and the east coast this summer with our bands. Definitely come check it out if you're around any of these shows:

Lemme know where the Boston show will be. I'll come heckle you.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

ChaosNonMusica posted:

The fact that you never play in Atlanta bothers the poo poo out of me. loving PLAY ATLANTA.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Can anyone recommend any current/recent (last five years) bands that would fit roughly into the Oi! genre?

As goofy as it is, I'm kind of fond of old-school Oi! and pre-Oi! (Sham 69, etc). Are there many/any recent bands that recapture that sound? Looking for a really minimalist, strong upbeat (boom-CHUCK), rapid drumming, power chording sort of sound with anthemic lyrics.

Of the more recent ones I've run across by Wikipedia, oddly enough there's a decent Japanese Oi! band, Samurai Attack, so I figure the sound isn't totally dead.

Failing that, and while I'm here anyway, can anyone recommend a good hardcore, strong upbeat, sort of band, some latter-day Minor Threat descendant?

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 16, 2011

Circlewave
Jan 29, 2007

Quantumfate posted:

:stare:
I was really impressed. Catchy tunes and drums that sound straight out of the Sonics. I would love to hear a better quality version of that demo. You Disgust Me was my favourite.

good news for you, man. i literally just got back from the studio - we got all of those recorded today - post production is tomorrow, and the rough takes so far sound mindblowing! stay tuned, we'll definitely get the higher-quality stuff up on mediafire too.

ps. our drums sound like the sonics!? drat...i'm blushing. find us on facebook; we could use the publicity :unsmith:

Circlewave fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 16, 2011

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Reminder: hosed Up threw up another track from the new album.

http://www.davidcomestolife.com/announcement.html

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
cool stuff keeps on coming out. pat the bunny put up two new tunez
http://www.wingnutdishwashersunion.com/

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

Circlewave posted:

good news for you, man. i literally just got back from the studio - we got all of those recorded today - post production is tomorrow, and the rough takes so far sound mindblowing! stay tuned, we'll definitely get the higher-quality stuff up on mediafire too.

ps. our drums sound like the sonics!? drat...i'm blushing. find us on facebook; we could use the publicity :unsmith:
Yeah, I mean the lo-fi recording is really what makes the drums so great, they have that same sort of loud, raw sound. It really does sound like some live drumwork. Still I liked you guys on facebook and commented on your live demo link. I don't know if there's much more I can do vis a vis facebook.

fuckyoubitch
Mar 30, 2010

by T. Finninho
why was there no talk of the new asking Alexandria alum that just came out? Is this thread just for bands nobody knows?

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

fuckyoubitch posted:

why was there no talk of the new asking Alexandria alum that just came out? Is this thread just for bands nobody knows?

yes

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all
I don't know Asking Alexandria

*shrug*

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

fuckyoubitch posted:

Because this is the punk thread. The nu metal thread is elsewhere :v:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

fuckyoubitch posted:

My, how edgy! Now post about how emo isn't punk :allears:

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Big Willy Style posted:

Hi guys, I am in a hardcore band in a rural town of Australia. We seem to be getting a bit of steam behind us, we played a couple of shows in Brisbane a few weeks ago, will be releasing a tape and a 7" soon. You can download our demo here, would love to hear what you guys think

http://downpour1.bandcamp.com/album/demo

We get compared to Extortion and Infest a lot, so I suppose we sound like them.

This is awesome man!

Doggone God
Feb 13, 2011

iron chic posted:

This is excellent stuff, thanks for posting this. Been on a big Wingnut kick the past couple weeks so it's good to hear Pat is recording again.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Lotus Fucker is one of the best bands I've seen recently. Bummed this tour is starting in Texas and not going west.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just got back from Suis la Lune and Pianos become the Teeth. Completely blown away

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RagingPawn posted:

Just got back from Suis la Lune and Pianos become the Teeth. Completely blown away

God drat they should tour the US with that lineup.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS6bQXkeOss cool thrashpartycore band thats not around anymore

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
This may have been addressed awhile ago (before I was following the thread), but does anyone here like Fake Problems? I'm seeing them in May (with Laura Stevenson and the Cans, Pomegranates and Into it. Over it.), and I offered to street team for them (we'll see how that goes). They seem like a cool bunch of people, and their most recent album was amazing.
Single if you've never heard of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvfUdzVlorc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
^ Fake Problems is amazing. "How Far Our Bodies Go" is their masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

iron chic posted:

This is great. I was worried that Pat would stop doing the music thing after rehab.