Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

what is this posted:

squirrels are tree rats

so fuckin what

nobody said you should let them eat oatmeal in your breakfast nook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

what is this posted:

squirrels are tree rats

nice av + post combo, makes me think of some secret ancient rivalry between lemurs and squirrels

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

DaTroof posted:

nobody said you should let them eat oatmeal in your breakfast nook

nook colour

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
the primate/rodent rivalry goes way back trig

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

thats a lot of nuts

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sneaking Mission posted:

thats a lot of nuts

that's what your mom said

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
when she saw my AMAZING COMPOUND TESTICLES

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
you see i was trying to nail my wife in CA through a teleporter and then a housefly

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
is that why your dick is so tiny

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
no that was an accident with an industrial lathe

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it is far more decorative than it used to be though, i'll admit

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it'd make a nice leg for a piece of dollhouse furniture

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah, "accident", sure...

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
you can see pictures at lesterfreamoncarvedmydick.com

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur

Trig Discipline posted:

this just happened to some girl at yale, hair got caught in the lathe, you can imagine the rest

quote:

UPDATED: 6:30 p.m. Michele Dufault '11, an astronomy and physics major from Massachusetts, died last night in an accident in Sterling Chemistry Laboratory, University President Richard Levin confirmed in a campuswide e-mail at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

“Vice President Lorimer, Dean Miller, and I have met with the family of Michele Dufault to extend our deepest sympathy and to offer all the assistance we can possibly provide at their most difficult time of grief,” Levin wrote in the e-mail, adding: “This is a true tragedy.”

While working in the Laboratory’s machine shop, Michele’s hair got caught in one of the shop’s wood lathes, Levin wrote in the e-mail. A lathe is a large machine used in woodworking and metal working that molds objects through use of a rotating mechanism.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
yeah i read about that, very sad :(

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

that sounds pretty gruesome

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Comics

quote:

• Utahraptor, T-Rex's comedic foil, appears in the fourth and fifth panels of the comic. One early comic says one of his identifying features is that he "frequently debunk[s] [T-Rex's] theories."[11] Utahraptor is gay,[12][13][14][15] as North confirmed in the title of the RSS feed for the December 13, 2007 comic:[16]

quote:

i received several dozen emails about utahraptor either being a girl or being gay in yesterday's comic! he is gay, guys. only he doesn't talk about it all the time, on account of having interests outside of being gay?
Also, it would seem, according to episode 4, that Utahraptor was, and perhaps still is, in love with T-Rex.[12] This episode and the following two, as well as episode 19,[17] suggest that the two dinosaurs have slept together.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

what is this posted:

this just happened to some girl at yale, hair got caught in the lathe, you can imagine the rest
if you are working with tools like lathes you should not have long hair

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

short hair girls supremacy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cute girls w/ whatever hair supremacy

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

desparate for any girl

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
The cover of Madonna's Greatest Hits Volume 2 contains the seemingly Japanese string モヂジラミミヂ, which is made up of the Japanese characters that share the same keys on a Japanese/English keyboard as the letters M-A-D-O-N-N-A, but do not match pronunciation at all. The real Japanese reading, modzijiramimidzi, is meaningless. The one-key/one-character input method that results in モヂジラミミヂ is no longer popular. Under a more typical present-day configuration, entry of "madonna" might result in まどんあ (madon'a); the correct keystrokes would be "madonnna" (with the triple "n") followed by katakana shift, to produce マドンナ.[5]

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

if you are working with tools like lathes you should not have long hair

a 20 year old with minimal experience with machine tools probably shouldn't be operating them alone and after hours even without extra hazards like long hair or jewelry (also don't most lathes have foot switches to prevent this sort of mishap these days? i'm usually not a fan of idiot proofing things but there's no real cost involved here)

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cool

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Trig Discipline posted:

been drinkin' whiskey sours a lot lately

congrats on your vagina

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

what is this posted:

i loving hate this universe

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
oh no some white girl died

white girls

the most precious commodity of all

why, cruel world, did you have to take her in the prime of her white-girl-ness?? was it her beautiful long hair, ready for me to smell on the bus?? she could have been my girlfriend-chan! but now it was her hair that tragically doomed her to getting ground up by a lathe

why not instead take one of those indian people they're already malnutritioned and ugly, plus there are lots of them, nobody notices when they die

anyone but a white girl!

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

what is this posted:

anyone but a white girl!

look you can stand here talking a lot or you can sign this petition to ban lathes, are you part of the problem or the solution

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
solution do what most companies already do and just have the poor third worlders use the lathe

two birds, one stone

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

what is this posted:

white girls

this but unironically

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
ps being an upper class white girl and going to yale and then getting ground up a little bit by a lathe is probably better than living 30 years (a ripe old age!) in sub saharan africa, starving the whole time, with child soldiers periodically massacring your village, watching babies die because their mothers have no milk to give, raped by militia men and left alone after the crops, livestock, everything is destroyed

oh no slightly ground up by a lathe after 18 years of upper class first world lifestyle.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

what is this posted:

oh no some white girl died

white girls

why, cruel world, did you have to take her in the prime of her white-girl-ness?? was it her beautiful long hair, ready for me to smell on the bus?? she could have been my girlfriend-chan! but now it was her hair that tragically doomed her to getting ground up by a lathe

why not instead take one of those indian people they're already malnutritioned and ugly, plus there are lots of them, nobody notices when they die

anyone but a white girl!

whiteu-girleruu~~

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

what is this posted:

ps being an upper class white girl and going to yale and then getting ground up a little bit by a lathe is probably better than living 30 years (a ripe old age!) in sub saharan africa, starving the whole time, with child soldiers periodically massacring your village, watching babies die because their mothers have no milk to give, raped by militia men and left alone after the crops, livestock, everything is destroyed

you... you LIBBERAL

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm white as hell and it owns

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tell us more about awful yearbook and other successful goon projects

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

haveblue posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

haveblue posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

what is this posted:

oh no slightly ground up by a lathe after 18 years of upper class first world lifestyle.
she wasn't actually ground up, it caught her hair and then choked her to death