Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Season tickets, though. How are they counted in match day income?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Season tickets, though. How are they counted in match day income?

I'm pretty sure they aren't counted in those figures.

And the figure is 3.5 mil, so even if it is counted, it shows how much money the executive seats bring in compared to normal ones.

edit: Okay, it is included. Here was a projection before the stadium was built, which given full attendances and constantly rising match day incomes wasn't far wrong.

http://www.arsenal-world.co.uk/feat/edz6/future_matchday_revenues__some_astonishing_figures_231849/index.shtml

Looking through the figures normal seats make up just over half our match day income, club level and boxes a third, with programs and pies the rest. Either way cutting normal seats (the ones that are less likely to fill) for the less popular games won't have a huge affect on that game's matchday income. Cutting 20% off the ticket prices cuts around 10% off the matchday income. If you then assume fans that get in cheaper spend a little more in the stadium during the match (as they are generally the guys who don't get to go often, and thus make the most out of the occasion) it's possible that it'll only result in a 5% loss in income compared to a full price sellout, if that.

Masonity fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 16, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Masonity posted:

Most matchday income is from corporate boxes.

Arsenal make around 2.5 mil a game I think it is. That isn't from £50 seats and pies.

30% of matchday income at the emirates is club level and corporate

delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:
Did Arsenal really predict constantly rising matchday income? Because at some point you can't really charge more money, inflation apart.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

delicious beef posted:

Did Arsenal really predict constantly rising matchday income? Because at some point you can't really charge more money, inflation apart.

Hey man people will pay crazy money to see that fancy dan tippy tappy football.

delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

Ninpo posted:

Hey man people will pay crazy money to see that fancy dan tippy tappy football.

£100 is crazy money, but at some point you price out even the middle class plastics. Commercial and broadcasting revenue are the growth areas these days, you get a boost in matchday when you move grounds but you can't raise prices forever.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

How much can you charge consistently to force someone into changing the club they support? In my mind Arsenal can charge as much as theyd like and its up to fans to reward other clubs who use more practical pricing structures with their patronage.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I won't change the club I support but I'd probably count as middle class and Chelsea have priced me out.

I won't go elsewhere, I just won't go.

Until this year it's been Carling and Fa Cup matches, CL Group stages and at least one league match.

Next year it'll most likely be the first 2 and maybe one CL Group game.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

MoPZiG posted:

How much can you charge consistently to force someone into changing the club they support? In my mind Arsenal can charge as much as theyd like and its up to fans to reward other clubs who use more practical pricing structures with their patronage.

Given that even West Ham happily charge £50 a time for decent games and still fill their stadium, I doubt Arsenal are close to hitting the limit yet.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

peanut- posted:

Given that even West Ham happily charge £50 a time for decent games and still fill their stadium, I doubt Arsenal are close to hitting the limit yet.

You will still fill a stadium but it won't be full of people who genuinely give a poo poo.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
this is why I think terraces need to come back. There has to be still a working-class element to the game and honestly I come from a working-class background, though I may be way better off now it absolutely pisses me off to pay a metric poo poo ton of money just to see a game.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

ESPN just put up an interesting chart stating who is the highest paid athlete country by country.

Makes a good read. Man City truly is a king maker.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

MoPZiG posted:

ESPN just put up an interesting chart stating who is the highest paid athlete country by country.

Im surprised to see Massa on top of the Brazil standings considering the football players they ahve, although after seeing Hamilton, Alonso and Vale Rossi all on top of theirs it makes more sense. Also Kimi's salary :stare:

e: I guess this has to do with his age, but it's amazing that Dirk Nowitzki makes more than Vettel considering all of the other F1 drivers on there.

e2: Man, Inter's got quite a few as well, though obviously not as high paying as the City players.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 20, 2011

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Huh, didn't expect Kompany to make that much. I'd thought Clijsters made more

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

MoPZiG posted:

More stats:

Pay by sport

Best paying teams

Barcelona and Real are going to go bankrupt lol.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GravityDaemon posted:

e: I guess this has to do with his age, but it's amazing that Dirk Nowitzki makes more than Vettel considering all of the other F1 drivers on there.
That surprised me, too. I also never knew that Fabrice Santoro was from Tahiti.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

MoPZiG posted:

More stats:

Pay by sport

Best paying teams

Barcelona and Real are going to go bankrupt lol.

Pay by team still has Portsmouth making way more than Spurs. They should have probably updated these figures.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

MoPZiG posted:

A bit misleading going with salary (Golf and Tennis is non-salaried) and their sums are a bit off (MSD makes a fuckload more than $1.8M in the IPL)

Still, I think it's safe to say

a)Man City are hosed if these UEFA Fair Play rules are real
b)Kimi Raikkonen has the best agent in the world.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Pay by team still has Portsmouth making way more than Spurs. They should have probably updated these figures.

Torino and Siena, who are in Serie B are still on that chart too, and listed as Serie A. They must be using data from last season, not this one.

DickEmery posted:

b)Kimi Raikkonen has the best agent in the world.

If you look at the other links, 12.7 million is from Ferrari for breaking his contract...nice little payout his agent worked there.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

MoPZiG posted:

John O'Shea makes $6,800,000 a year. :stare:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MoPZiG posted:

quote:

"Annual Salary" represents only base salary from the most recently completed season or calendar year from each sport, and excludes any other source of compensation

All of their Formula 1 figures are grossly inflated, those are most assuredly not base salaries they have listed.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Philippine boxer Manny Pacquiao made $32M for two fights in 2010. :catstare:

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

pik_d posted:

Philippine boxer Manny Pacquiao made $32M for two fights in 2010. :catstare:

He could have made more than that just by fighting Mayweather. But that's a whole other thread.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

w00bi posted:

He could have made more than that just by fighting Mayweather. But that's a whole other thread.

Eh, you could just include it in the Messi thread.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Outrespective posted:

Eh, you could just include it in the Messi thread.

Could Floyd do it on a wet thursday evening in the Lotto Arena?

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Ya know David Haye could have made upwards of £5 by signing to Stoke in 2007

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
loving hell, income per capita in norway is about 80,000 dollars? can euroboy confirm this

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Homura posted:

loving hell, income per capita in norway is about 80,000 dollars? can euroboy confirm this

yeah pretty much

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Homura posted:

beer costs $7

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
Why do F1 drivers get paid so much?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

ibroxmassive posted:

beer costs $7

It's very nice going abroad though.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TomSellek posted:

Because they make taking a hairpin turn at 60mph look like it's nothing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TomSellek posted:

Dangerous and very highly skilled.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

TomSellek posted:

Prestige sport for wealthy people and enormous sponsorships.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Homura posted:

That's nothing. You think the $978,800 Liechtenstein's Martin Stocklasa makes is a lot until you compare it to the $134,392 per capita income and realize he'll probably actually have less total earnings over his lifetime than the average person there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TomSellek posted:

Because theres a good chance they can end up dead.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

Bhyo posted:

Because theres a good chance they can end up dead.

This isn't why they get paid so much though I think euroboy is more correct.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TomSellek posted:

Like I said, that article is incredible misleading. They probably make that much after endorsements, but ESPN claims that's all base salary (i.e. only the money they get from the teams) and that's not true.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
It would account for Vettel not being on there, as Red Bull pay low salaries and high bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

wicka posted:

Like I said, that article is incredible misleading. They probably make that much after endorsements, but ESPN claims that's all base salary (i.e. only the money they get from the teams) and that's not true.

I dont believe for a second that Tevez is on 19 million dollars a year. I know 'lol city' but that has to be all of his bonuses thrown on top too.

Hamilton iirc is only on 10m a year too, the rest would be his vodafone and other sponsorships.

• Locked thread