Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!
err, aren't the electrocity plugins .esms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Naky posted:

Might want to start on the current build that I'm uploading right now then. The 2.0 update is content complete as of tonight, minus mesh updates for iron sight fixing and other tweaks.

Also, I believe Anime Schoolgirl said he was going to try to make sound edit mods easier by doing something with the ESM, but that he couldn't due to FNVEdit/GECK crashing as a result of the sheer amount of weapons in the mod. He could probably explain it better than me.
or rather, adding in that many causes GECK to crash, and doing the same in FNVEdit winds up in me clicking the wrong thing having it pull up a list with infinite length that has the drat thing freeze for a half hour.

Too much trouble for me to do as a result, but if anyone finds a better and easier way, I'd be all too happy to integrate templates for it.

The idea was to make unique *sound entries* for each weapons but still use classic sounds as placeholders, so people would just have to edit the sound entries themselves without having to touch the weapon entries.

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 24, 2011

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

or rather, adding in that many causes GECK to crash, and doing the same in FNVEdit winds up in me clicking the wrong thing having it pull up a list with infinite length that has the drat thing freeze for a half hour.

Too much trouble for me to do as a result, but if anyone finds a better and easier way, I'd be all too happy to integrate templates for it.

The idea was to make unique *sound entries* for each weapons but still use classic sounds as placeholders, so people would just have to edit the sound entries themselves without having to touch the weapon entries.

Hmm, that's essentially what I'd have to do to give weapons different sounds as so many share the same sound entry. I'll give it a try on my end, at least for the weapons I feel need different sounds.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Mr. Crow posted:

I had this to the T in FO3 for Power Armor, and the only reliable way is to (as you suggest) have two sets marked playable and not. It would be very impractical to do it that way with all armor/weapons. There isn't any FOSE function to do that although I never asked them to implement it (and they seem to be very accommodating) so it might be worth the time to ask, it would certainly make the entire process a thousand times easier and more efficient/mod friendly. Otherwise I think the 100% breaking is your best bet.

I could help with such a mod if someone wanted to do the grunt-work or do it myself , caveat is I'm still waiting on the rebalance of PN before I touch NV again so who knows how long it would be. Either way I would definitely ask the FOSE guys if they could implement that as it might take them a while and would massively cut down on the workload if someone were to actually take it up.

Also if someone doesn't beat me to it, I'd probably do the whole "get rid of the original F:NV Guns - Energy" thing/mod. I have really retarded aesthetic requirements and while I want to use the Armory I know it would bother me having two different looking type sets of weapons. In other words one style ("Modern") and then the other ("Old/Beat-Up/Made-Up").

I thought more about it and I think I went at the problem from the wrong angle. The only thing really causing problems here is people actually buying stuff for these prices, I think taking out repair lists would fix a lot. Making repair kids for armor and weapons expensive and hard to come by. Maybe with the ability to craft them with some very rare materials, like disassembling 20 small weapons for "1 small weapon parts" at the bench or something, which in turn can be used to create a repair kit, the first logical thing to think about would be to use clutter like scrap metal for the repair kit, that isn't a good idea though because that stuff is everywhere, making the whole thing meaningless, maybe even having the repair kit require an item that would only be aquireable from traders, or maybe having only traders sell repair kits in the first place the player would only use in an emergency, else he'd go to the NPCs that repair stuff, those which are utterly useless right now.

Then somehow make traders refuse buying weapons and armor under a certain condition. Trading with junk like scrap metal, sensors, and cigarettes etc. isn't that attractive anymore in NV anyways.

Naky posted:

To anyone that volunteered to help create a list of guns with incorrect iron sights, no need to worry about it any more. We've got a handle on it internally now and I'd say about 80% of the affected guns are fixed (or as good as we're happy with) by now. Once we're done with it, production will begin to ramp down. I'm aiming for an end of April, beginning of May release at this point.

Also, we're tentatively beginning to form a new branch of The Armory, but only based on interest and how many people are interested in actually giving a hand. The plan would be to rename 2.0 of The Armory to The Armory: Reloaded and the second branch would be The Armory: Re-Armored. Remember that armor modding system we discussed a bunch of pages back? Well, that would be the plan with the separate branch. But we'll need a couple more people who are willing to help create the suits and someone who can look into the script required to do the armor modding system.

Shouldn't be all that daunting, as I'm positive we can scope out the script that FO3 modders used to use to mod weapons and apply it towards armor modding here in NV.

I might look into that if someone tells me what's needed here, drat I really need to get an IRC client, haha.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 24, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Police Automaton posted:

I might look into that if someone tells me what's needed here, drat I really need to get an IRC client, haha.

ChatZilla is a plugin for Firefox, and there's also xchat which is a free open source multi-platform IRC client.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 26, 2021

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
Okay, so I went ahead and did some quick work towards putting some variation into the weapons sounds of The Armory. The stuff I've changed is mostly just the AK variants and anything in service during WW2 (these were the most important ones to me).

It's only good for Version 1.5 of The Armory though when 2.0 comes out it may continue to work, I dunno. Anyway, get it here: The Armory Bang Bang (Mediafire)

If anyone has specific requests they'd like to see a better sound for, let me know and I'll make a point in sourcing a new sound for the next version of the mod which won't come until after 2.0 of The Armory comes out.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

someone (me) hosed up and forgot to change the crit effect

It's not a bad effect: nothing says "energy weapons" than turning people into chunky, Dead of Dunharrow bits.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mister Bung posted:

Well my 45+ hour game is completely broken :( It'll load the save but resting, fast travel, going through transition doors all crash the game, I am so drat bummed.

Try loading an earlier save. FO3 had an occasional problem where a save would be borked and would crash next transition. NV might have inherited it.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

The Lone Badger posted:

Try loading an earlier save. FO3 had an occasional problem where a save would be borked and would crash next transition. NV might have inherited it.

No "might". Save game bloat is a well known issue, and is why you should keep a healthy store of save rotations while playing games with this crummy Gamebryo engine.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
You could also try the workaround people discovered for FO3, where you kill yourself in such a way that it causes dismemberment (nukes work pretty well). When it loads you last save, it will have been fixed.

No, I have no idea why this works, but it does.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So is there like a great big "awesome mods" pack? I dropped out on modding months ago and am now afraid there's some awesome, world-ending mod that I need. Is there such a thing?

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?

The Lone Badger posted:

I'll give this a try and the dismemberment thing, thanks folks.

I can load older saves (or at least my second to last oldest)and wander around, shoot, talk, etc. but loading an interior/exterior will play the appropriate music/sfx for a second then crash.
Stupid engine, just as I was about to head to the plant infested vault too!

EDIT: Quicksaving also crashes it. In-game it seems fine, soon as I try to do anything complicated like rest, travel, transition it crashes. Grrr

Mister Bung fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 24, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mister Bung posted:

I'll give this a try and the dismemberment thing, thanks folks.

I can load older saves (or at least my second to last oldest)and wander around, shoot, talk, etc. but loading an interior/exterior will play the appropriate music/sfx for a second then crash.
Stupid engine, just as I was about to head to the plant infested vault too!

EDIT: Quicksaving also crashes it. In-game it seems fine, soon as I try to do anything complicated like rest, travel, transition it crashes. Grrr

It's the autosaving that's causing that. Quicksave and autosave are both problematic; disabling autosave helps prevent the save corruption from happening, but it won't solve it once it's already occurred (since you're still prevented from saving by the crash, so it'll crash less but you'll NEVER be able to save, so that's not helpful).

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

dog kisser posted:

Sounds great, could you do the modifications too like scopes and the like?

I could, though why you'd want a scope on a plasma machine gun is beyond me.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 26, 2021

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

BrainGlitch posted:

err, aren't the electrocity plugins .esms?

They are now, but for the majority of the time they've existed they've been .esps.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

T-man posted:

So is there like a great big "awesome mods" pack? I dropped out on modding months ago and am now afraid there's some awesome, world-ending mod that I need. Is there such a thing?

Nothing like that at the moment. Granted, there are some good mods, but nothing on the scale of FWE or OOO (for Oblivion). Project Nevada is NV's version of FWE, essentially, but it's a barebones mod right now that doesn't even rebalance anything. There are the weapon-modding mods, WMK and WME, which are top notch, and then Naky's Armory mod, as well as a spiritual successor to MMM called "Monster Mod" that is still relatively new. Other than that, it's mostly piecemeal stuff.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

and then Naky's Armory mod

Awww, I feel all warm and fuzzy now. Hopefully you guys enjoy 2.0 that much more.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Using FO/NVMM's built-in TESSnip plugin generally allows you to cut/paste/add FormIDs to various entries without FNVEdit's slowdown issue.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
How are people enjoying the Monster Mod? I'm thinking of putting it up in the OP if it's solid, since there's currently nothing like it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Operation Fixed Terrain, fixes clipping and other errors with the wasteland. Could be incompatible with a lot of mods.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41094

Ojo Bueno updated with a new version of the lootable object textures, high quality vegetation, roads and sidewalks.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 26, 2011

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

How are people enjoying the Monster Mod? I'm thinking of putting it up in the OP if it's solid, since there's currently nothing like it.
I been running with it, and while there are some niggling issues that keep irritating me (larvae are un-VATSable, giant ants near the beginning of the game are replaced by bullet sponge variants and the occasional superfast, terrifying giant tarantula, most new monsters don't seem to drop anything, bighorners are now apparently immune to sneak criticals) the variety is appreciated. Sheepnamekiller was going to try and rebalance it. Maybe wait until he/she is done with it?

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
I think I read something a while back about somebody porting fallout 3 into new vegas? Is there any news on this?

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Hoodrich posted:

I think I read something a while back about somebody porting fallout 3 into new vegas? Is there any news on this?

I believe it was found to be really buggy and impossible to finish without console commands. No idea on its progress.

Also, waiting for a new NVSE sucks. I want to see how fast the service rifle is now that its been patched.

UnoriginalMind fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 26, 2011

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Hoodrich posted:

I imagine it would probably go the way of that French Morroblivion conversion. Companies rarely like it when you port a game's content into one of their other games.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
For those of you who mod and haven't discovered it yet, the new update breaks GECK and there isn't a fix out for it yet. So take a night off or two, I guess.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

For those of you who mod and haven't discovered it yet, the new update breaks GECK and there isn't a fix out for it yet. So take a night off or two, I guess.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't even updated my game yet. Is it breaking mods, too?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Demitri Omni posted:

I imagine it would probably go the way of that French Morroblivion conversion. Companies rarely like it when you port a game's content into one of their other games.

Actually, the french Morroblivion is still alive and well with new screenshots as of a few days ago. They can't stop you from integrating a game into another game if you build the game from scratch.

In other words: Somebody needs to build Fallout 3 from scratch.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't even updated my game yet. Is it breaking mods, too?

Don't think so. Just GECK itself. In my downtime, I made myself some custom armor in nifskope but now I can't import it into the game so I'm sad face. :P

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

I do so love how I set FNV to NOT be update by Steam but that option gets reset every time the program closes.
So now I'm sitting here with version 1.3 and no way to troubleshoot my load order because FOMM ain't updated yet.

I just wanna go back to exploring Vaults :(

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Hey Cream-Of-Plenty you mentioned earlier the 'unfound loot' function of FWE. I cant get it to work due to a UI bug that doesn't let me select anything other than the 'Deactivate' button on one of the menus. If I select one of the settings, it registers, but the menu remains, and to get out of the menu, I have to select 'Deactivate', which renders my previous selection redundant and turns the feature off (I assume). Like the 'Activate' button is below the edge of the screen or something. Did you get this problem, and if so, how did you fix it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
FOMM shouldn't need to be updated for the new patch. However, NVSE will need to be, which they've already released: http://nvse.silverlock.org/beta/nvse_1_beta9.zip

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So, my extreme slowdown every 5 minutes problem was persisting, and in exasperation, I disabled every single mod except DarnUI, deleted every saved game, and restarted a brand new game. I'm proud to say the game no longer slows down every 5 minutes. Now it just slows down the second the game starts. The menus are normal, the title screen and video intro is fine, just the game itself is like 1 FPS or worse.

So... could I have hosed up DarnUI to the point it's doing this or do I just need to reinstall or refresh some file somewhere?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Flaky posted:

Hey Cream-Of-Plenty you mentioned earlier the 'unfound loot' function of FWE. I cant get it to work due to a UI bug that doesn't let me select anything other than the 'Deactivate' button on one of the menus. If I select one of the settings, it registers, but the menu remains, and to get out of the menu, I have to select 'Deactivate', which renders my previous selection redundant and turns the feature off (I assume). Like the 'Activate' button is below the edge of the screen or something. Did you get this problem, and if so, how did you fix it.

Ah yes, I recall having that issue on an earlier install of FWE and DarnUI. It was a frustrating problem that I couldn't figure out how to solve, since the button to close the menu was rendered off screen.

Much to my surprise, I had no issues on a recent install. This is using FWE 6.03, DarnUI (linked here), .ini properly modified to accommodate DarnUI's font changes, and FOMM's BOSS auto-sort. I've also applied a merged patch, if that's worth anything. My FO3 is the latest version, 1.7.

FWE's website makes no mention of the problem, but google pulls up a couple of results regarding the issue without any solutions. I'm not sure how I made it work this time, so my only advice is to make sure you're using the latest versions of everything. I've gotten it to work somehow!

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's the autosaving that's causing that. Quicksave and autosave are both problematic; disabling autosave helps prevent the save corruption from happening, but it won't solve it once it's already occurred (since you're still prevented from saving by the crash, so it'll crash less but you'll NEVER be able to save, so that's not helpful).

THANK YOU. Looks like the crashes were autosave issues, now that I have them all disabled and Savekey running it's all good.
I am very, very happy right now :D

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Demitri Omni posted:

I don't really understand why they'd bother trying to squash this. I mean, the only people who are going to be interested in doing this are for the most part people who have already played the older title and want it in the new one for nostalgia purposes or whatever.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Ah yes, I recall having that issue on an earlier install of FWE and DarnUI...

Darnified UI fixed it. Thanks.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

Actually, this mod is so new that I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it fixes a lot of the problems present in other ports. If you're going to try something, try this.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm liking it so far except for the ant thing mentioned earlier. There's a few more offenders as well. I had to go into GECK and lower the health of a some of the new monsters, but I couldn't find whatever variant of regular ant those were. I haven't found a Bloodsucker yet, but I want to see if I can get them to go invisible like they do in STALKER. Nightkin do it so it should be possible.