Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

randy ya'll, randy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.

HATE MONDAYS posted:

Ellenberger at -150

For what it's worth, MMAPlayground has him at -640 with fake money. -150 is a pretty awesome line.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
im not seeing odds on the ellenberger fight on my site, but -150 is ridiculous

put all my money on bocek and a mousasi/gsp/aldo/machida parlay which has been working out just great

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Elmo Oxygen posted:

For what it's worth, MMAPlayground has him at -640 with fake money. -150 is a pretty awesome line.

i saw it at Bodog a week or so ago and got on it quick, its dropped to -205 now it looks like but still. i've trained with Pierson and hes no slouch but I think thats a pretty generous line especially for his second ufc fight (especially when the first was against Matt Riddle)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Paul Pot posted:

im not seeing odds on the ellenberger fight on my site, but -150 is ridiculous

put all my money on bocek and a mousasi/gsp/aldo/machida parlay which has been working out just great

So is it a push or a loss if a parlay goes draw/win/win/win?

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
push

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
I've got $5 each on:
Kyle Watson - because WREAM
Ellenburger
Jason MacDonald

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

depends on your site actually, it could just reduce to a 3 item parlay.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
Watson's really more of a BJJ guy. I don't think he has an amateur wrestling background at all, aside from training at HIT Squad.

That said, he's probably a better wrestler than the Shotokan Karate guy from Nova Scotia.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm sorely tempted to put real money on Hominick and Shields. Are the odds on both still really long?

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ForbiddenWonder posted:

depends on your site actually, it could just reduce to a 3 item parlay.

i thought that was called a "push", but ya, i'm running a 3 item parlay now.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Shumagorath posted:

I'm sorely tempted to put real money on Hominick and Shields. Are the odds on both still really long?

yes

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!

Elmo Oxygen posted:

Watson's really more of a BJJ guy. I don't think he has an amateur wrestling background at all, aside from training at HIT Squad.

That said, he's probably a better wrestler than the Shotokan Karate guy from Nova Scotia.

All I remember of Makdessi was him throwing these ridiculous kicks. Like they were full out TKD style kicks that looked really cool.

I dont think those kicks are gonna fly with Kyle Watson so yea...

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

Jake Shields will guillotine GSP and have to be helicoptered out of the arena

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Who knows, it could happen:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

As far as serious bets I have Bendo taking a decision at +220, The Janitor at even, and a small parlay on Menjivar, Jabouin, Ellenberger, and Bendo

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

I recently came into some money because my final four bracket paid out big. I really want to put money on Jake Shields for all the wrong reasons, but I'm doing fine moneywise and the line seems pretty good. Thoughts?

Edit: To clarify, bodog has shield +550 winning a 5 round decision.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shumagorath posted:

Hominick doesn't defend leg kicks too well.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
i think i bet money on jake shields as soon as the fight was announced but i don't remember how to use the betting thing. time will tell

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Hexum posted:

I recently came into some money because my final four bracket paid out big. I really want to put money on Jake Shields for all the wrong reasons, but I'm doing fine moneywise and the line seems pretty good. Thoughts?

Edit: To clarify, bodog has shield +550 winning a 5 round decision.

Parlay that with a straight Shields victory and you end up with +2600!

I mean, I know I'm probably better off just lighting a cigar with the Franklin, but I'll be damned if that's not sort of tempting.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly, I'd consider shields in 5 rds. the same as betting on shields with no caveats

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Save Russian Jews posted:

Honestly, I'd consider shields in 5 rds. the same as betting on shields with no caveats

i'm sorry but this sounds insane to me. if shields wins it's going to be by catching a sub in a scramble. he's not going to grind a decision out over gsp. no way, no how.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

My friend made a parlay that got 22k for 5 bucks bet I couldn't help but throw the 5 up. Bocek Randy and Shields plus all by decision. I honestly think this can happen.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

bahahaha No I don't but it's 5 bucks.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Wait you can parlay fighter X winning with fighter X winning by a specific method(TKO, sub, dec)? How does that work, the first case includes the second one

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Had some winnings from before and figured I would just toss it on this event.

iLikeMidgets fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 30, 2011

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=383502&title=betting-on-manny-pacquiao

Someone tell me how well Norm's usual strategy of going with the bigger, blacker guy works in MMA.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jack of Hearts posted:

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=383502&title=betting-on-manny-pacquiao

Someone tell me how well Norm's usual strategy of going with the bigger, blacker guy works in MMA.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thermos H Christ posted:

i'm sorry but this sounds insane to me. if shields wins it's going to be by catching a sub in a scramble. he's not going to grind a decision out over gsp. no way, no how.

I realize this is retrospect now, but think long and hard about how you thought Shields would finish a fight

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I thought no such thing. I just said his only hope was to catch a miracle sub. While incredibly unlikely, Shields getting the upper hand for an instant and locking up a sub was way more likely than him getting the upper hand for 3+ rounds and winning a decision.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Beowulf LaGrange posted:

I'm gonna bet a lot of money on Jake Shields. Bet on MMA ya'll.

i lost the money.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
Can't you ask for a refund or something?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Beowulf LaGrange posted:

i lost the money.

you aren't the first to lose their fortune on a horse

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
This should be called "Don't Bet On MMA: The Hindsight Thread".

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thermos H Christ posted:

I thought no such thing. I just said his only hope was to catch a miracle sub. While incredibly unlikely, Shields getting the upper hand for an instant and locking up a sub was way more likely than him getting the upper hand for 3+ rounds and winning a decision.

This is not how Jake Shields works though

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The best thing about this thread is the day after a fight.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

HATE MONDAYS posted:

Ellenberger at -150 and Machida at whatever the odds are now (-325 last time i checked) are the cool guy bets for ufc 129. bank on it *rollerskates away*

:cmon:

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
anyone who bet on randy is a big dumb gay baby

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mighty Mouse and Stann paid off for me tonight, Nelson sucked me in with the hype in the threads and Alves poo poo the bed, fuckkkk. Rampage better come through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I had a feeling Alves would underestimate Story since he's been flying under the radar and put 20 on him at +200, more than paid off my horrible parlay choices tonight.