Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

XFM Podcasts 6, 7, and 18 are my favourites. Particularly the football chants in 7 and their version of Rudebox in 18.

Thanks mate, those are some good choices.

Edit: Oh wait, no. Never mind. My iphone's just flipped out and gotten rid of most of my podcasts and all of my music. And I have no computer to hook it up to. Thanks Steve Jobs!

7seven7 fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

Good old Charlie Brooker. He's got #donaldtrumpisabellend as the top trend on Twitter today.

Vaguely related, this got a chuckle from me:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/trump-unable-to-produce-certificate-proving-hes-no,20250/

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
ATTN: UK Tellygoons

Come Dine With Me are looking for participants! If you live in the Isle of Man, Slough, LB Brent, Portsmouth, Burton-On-Trent, Torquay / Torbay, Bristol / Telford or the Costa Del Sol, email your name, location & phone number to comedinewithme@itv.com or phone 0871 200 3939

Cheers,
Some guy on the internet.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I really want to go on Come Dine and serve up various flavours of pot noodles, Sunny Delight and Nutella sandwiches for desert.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I really want to go on Come Dine and serve up various flavours of pot noodles, Sunny Delight and Nutella sandwiches for desert.

You'd need to act pretty indignant if anybody looked like they weren't enjoying the haute cuisine.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

and then rate everyone else's meals 1 every time

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I remember one Come Dine With Me where this woman who was obviously a massive alcoholic and her main course was fajitas, where she just went into Asda and bought the old el paso kit for it, then afterwards made someone else cook the meal she was supposed to because she was passed out on her bed due to being completely wrecked. I think her overall score was 7.

It's beautiful television.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

NaDy posted:

I remember one Come Dine With Me where this woman who was obviously a massive alcoholic and her main course was fajitas, where she just went into Asda and bought the old el paso kit for it, then afterwards made someone else cook the meal she was supposed to because she was passed out on her bed due to being completely wrecked. I think her overall score was 7.

I KNEW THIS WAS AN EPISODE. I was arguing with a friend trying to tell them this episode actually happened and I thought I was making things up. Thank you for confirming the fact that my friend is an idiot.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Come Dine With Me in Slough? I hope you all like kebabs or polish cuisine, because that seems to be all that we sell in the poor end of Berkshire

Cokeysmoke
Nov 6, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Come Dine With Me in Slough? I hope you all like kebabs or polish cuisine, because that seems to be all that we sell in the poor end of Berkshire

I think you're forgetting the fine delicacies that Chicken Delight, Chicken Express, Rocky's and Euro Cuisine provide :colbert:

ScipioAfro
Feb 21, 2011

Brown Moses posted:

It's on next week. He wrote this for the Guardian today, worth a read:

I had to google 'The Venerable Bogoda Seelawimala Nayaka Thera', and now i know who he is I guess, but I don't know why wiki needs a 1,492 × 2,164 photo of him.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Ven._Bogoda_Seelawimala_Thera.jpg

In other news I have a new desktop image.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
My Big Fat Gypsy Royal Wedding is going to be on in an hour. Why did I love that series...

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Everyone in this show is making me mad as gently caress.
Dunno if it's just because I'm in a bad mood or what.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Zorba the Greek posted:

My Big Fat Gypsy Royal Wedding is going to be on in an hour. Why did I love that series...

My better half loves this. I checked it out one episode and it's so bizarre. I think I just like catching a glimpse at such an alien lifestyle through the safety of the television.

Still fasting from TV until the Royal Wedding is over though... Sick of the adverts.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

That was the best Rock and Chips episode yet. There were some great quips and one-liners the earlier episodes lacked. Hopefully John Sullivan had written a couple of extra episodes before he died because I'm warming to the series.

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010

NaDy posted:

Ah yes, Preston. All of that was weird though. That alcoholic got pissed and made a fool of herself every night, then there was Bernard who was a weird carpet salesman. He gave all his guests a pinapple rug, and ended up crying and arguing with the drunk woman each evening excluding the one where she slept through it all. Bernard also boasted about his lovemaking skills, as he was showing the cameraman the mirror facing his bed.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
While maybe a bit :tinfoil: but did anyone else notice that, in the news clip repeadedly shown today of Nick Clegg talking to Scottish people or whoever, there was a video box of the film "Unforgiven" in the background turned directly towards the camera and that the angle of the shot was "off" to the point that it was done to include it?

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
The Apprentice is back on May 10th!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Charlie Brooker pretty much outed Giggs on 10 o'clock live.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Viewing options on the main channels seem somewhat limited today dont they chaps?

Cheeze Kuyeh
Jul 5, 2008

i am monocle

Graviton v2 posted:

Viewing options on the main channels seem somewhat limited today dont they chaps?

I'm watching house today. Unless theres a terrorist attack. We can only hope.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Graviton v2 posted:

Thank god I have all seasons of the Wire on DVD

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Well, everything's going according to plan so far. I've no idea what time it started, i just woke up and caught a glimpse of it as my parents watched it on TV so i'm presuming i've missed some of it and now i'm going to happily sit in my room and either dick around on the xbox or the internet for a few hours until it all fucks off.

If it wasn't for that damned snippet that i caught a few minutes ago i might have gone through the whole day blissfully unaware that it was on.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
I switched it on to see the dress, it makes her boobs look funny :(

Tasty Pi
Nov 5, 2005
Yum

Kin posted:

While maybe a bit :tinfoil: but did anyone else notice that, in the news clip repeadedly shown today of Nick Clegg talking to Scottish people or whoever, there was a video box of the film "Unforgiven" in the background turned directly towards the camera and that the angle of the shot was "off" to the point that it was done to include it?

I noticed it on the lunchtime news, but I'm sure a verbal reference was made to it at the start of the clip.

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006

hookerbot 5000 posted:

I switched it on to see the dress, it makes her boobs look funny :(

She needs a proper bra. Also it's officially 'not as nice as Diana's' :colbert:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
International AIDS Workers and Mine Field operatives sigh is annoyance and utter a single sentence:

'gently caress sake, not again...'

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Why the hell there isn't a red-button option to shut up the stream-of-consciousness commentary I just don't know; I just want to watch the pomp and ceremony without worrying whether Fearne 'Gormless' Cotton wants to do another vox-pop :mad:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

spincube posted:

Why the hell there isn't a red-button option to shut up the stream-of-consciousness commentary I just don't know; I just want to watch the pomp and ceremony without worrying whether Fearne 'Gormless' Cotton wants to do another vox-pop :mad:

Use the mute button, let go of your feelings!

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Kin posted:

Well, everything's going according to plan so far. I've no idea what time it started, i just woke up and caught a glimpse of it as my parents watched it on TV so i'm presuming i've missed some of it and now i'm going to happily sit in my room and either dick around on the xbox or the internet for a few hours until it all fucks off.

If it wasn't for that damned snippet that i caught a few minutes ago i might have gone through the whole day blissfully unaware that it was on.

My plan to sleep through it was interrupted by someone texting me, so I switched it on so I could switch it off again and just caught Kate completely blanking the Unknown Warrior. I didn't know she'd had the Royal lobotomy already.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Trin Tragula posted:

My plan to sleep through it was interrupted by someone texting me, so I switched it on so I could switch it off again and just caught Kate completely blanking the Unknown Warrior. I didn't know she'd had the Royal lobotomy already.

I'm sure Harry will top that by pissing on that poor mans Memorial later too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The BBC has redesigned its homepage again. They've made it worse, again.

edit - or wait, am I seeing the international homepage? Is this what poor foreigners have to suffer with?

CreedyKillZ
Mar 26, 2011

I love those crazy Dutch
You can move bits on it. The BBC are at the forefront of internet technologies.

workinonit
Jul 11, 2009
I'm not watching but I'm guessing Huw Edwards is pretty entertaining right now. He usually seems to descend into grumpiness and boredom if he's on the air too long.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I watched the wedding, and it was lovely, but I'm a girl and wanted to see the hats and dresses. No hilarious live-TV errors, although at one point the ITV reporter was forced to wear a Scout neckerchief and constantly looked terrified at being amid the great unwashed and their comedy Union Jack hats.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lady Demelza posted:

I watched the wedding, and it was lovely, but I'm a girl and wanted to see the hats and dresses. No hilarious live-TV errors, although at one point the ITV reporter was forced to wear a Scout neckerchief and constantly looked terrified at being amid the great unwashed and their comedy Union Jack hats.

I got to see this in picture form.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

The BBC website gets shoddier each time it gets updated and simplified. Once in a while you find an old bit of news with the old design and I think it looks better but at the moment the bbc news site looks like a newspaper from the 19th century. Apologies if any of you work on the BBC website but, change it back for fricks sake. It's not facebook.

Everybody in my house was watching the royal wedding so I watched a bit of it, was sick because I was so hungover then watched Robocop.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Lady Demelza posted:

The hats were awesome. Fergie Jr had an especially distracting fascinator that looked like poop.

The dress was boring. Too much like Grace Kelly's which is a shame since she's another princess who died in a nasty car crash. Would it have killed them to crack a smile during the ceremony? Are all Anglicans that miserable?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It wasn't a REAL CofE ceremony. Too much pomp and circumstance, stinks of papists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

nationalista posted:

I'm not watching but I'm guessing Huw Edwards is pretty entertaining right now. He usually seems to descend into grumpiness and boredom if he's on the air too long.

It's embarrasing, at one point he was excitedly talking through the menu and started to go on about imagining being there and gosh, how amazing it'd be. The rest of it is just gushing over the most inane minutiae possible and interviewing the dirty proles

le chat fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 29, 2011