Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
So has anyone seen Talking Funny on HBO? It's Jerry with Chris Rock, Louis CK and Ricky Gervais talking about the craft of standup. It was pretty good and Jerry drops an F-bomb on TV for the first time ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Relayer posted:

"I've cut slices so thin, I couldn't even see them."
"How'd you know you cut it?"
"I guess I just assumed.."
*frightening realization*

The scenes of Kramer getting his mind blown are the best, like when Jerry points out that he's also thin, late 30s, and single and by Kramer's logic also gay, or when Elaine tells him that he might also have a fax machine in his apartment. "You just blew my mind!"

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

HateTheInternet posted:

I'm very against wearing shirts with pop-culture references but I might have to make an exception for this

http://www.zazzle.com/kruger_industrial_smoothing_t_shirt-235801053948182550

I would very much advise against paying loving 30 dollars for a tshirt with a seinfeld reference on it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

So has anyone seen Talking Funny on HBO? It's Jerry with Chris Rock, Louis CK and Ricky Gervais talking about the craft of standup. It was pretty good and Jerry drops an F-bomb on TV for the first time ever.

It was pretty good even though I find Seinfeld's stand up to be utterly loathesome. It's worth watching just for Louis CK and of course Ricky Gervais' laugh.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

DamnGlitch posted:

I would very much advise against paying loving 30 dollars for a tshirt with a seinfeld reference on it.

I was gonna say that I've done it but mine was only about 20.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

DamnGlitch posted:

Especially from a cafepress style site. Really if you're going through one of those services, make your own store and prefade the R yourself.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

T-Paine posted:

The scenes of Kramer getting his mind blown are the best, like when Jerry points out that he's also thin, late 30s, and single and by Kramer's logic also gay, or when Elaine tells him that he might also have a fax machine in his apartment. "You just blew my mind!"

KRAMER: Well, now what are we gonna do? See? This is why you should get a fax and a Xerox.
JERRY: And a dead bolt.
KRAMER: Are ya sure you don't have one? Because there's a lot of stuff in my apartment I've never seen.
ELAINE: Then maybe you have a fax machine!
KRAMER: You just blew my mind!

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

DamnGlitch posted:

Easy there. I was more blown away by the fact that the shirt existed, and as far as Seinfeld references go it's pretty obscure. I'm not actually going to buy it.

THIS, however, I might.
http://www.cafepress.com/+these_pretzels_infant_bodysuit,133551037

Coolest baby in town.

Bulbous Goiter
Sep 15, 2003
Whatchu' Talkin Bout?

The Walrus posted:

I feel pretty strongly that a Seinfeld gang tag should be the logo of Kreuger Industrial Smoothing

I still like Vandelay Industries but Krameria Industries or Kreuger Industrial Smoothing would work.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

HateTheInternet posted:

I was more blown away by the fact that the shirt existed

With these type of sites you can set up your own store for free and make stuff with anything you like on it as long as it's not copyrighted/obscene/etc.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Yeah, I'm getting this shirt

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

"Conduit for Sale!" posted:

It was pretty good even though I find Seinfeld's stand up to be utterly loathesome. It's worth watching just for Louis CK and of course Ricky Gervais' laugh.
Agreed, Ricky has a laugh that's nearing Seth Rogan levels of irritating. But what do you do during the standup scenes on the show, cringe and turn away?

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007
I'd like to have shoehorn hands.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Epic Mount posted:

I'd like to have shoehorn hands.

The best is how happy he seems by the idea and he starts motioning towards his shoes when he says it with his hands cupped like shoehorns

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
Woof-Woof, not Bang-Bang.

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
It's like Endora's Box.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
He's like some kind of Sven-jolly.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Did you just say...ridicurous?

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
The rines were crossed?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Who lowered this threads rating to a 4? Buncha Seinfeld hatas.

Edit: It's back to Gold. That was quick.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 4, 2011

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Who are you?"
"I'm Donna Chang."
"YOU'RE NOT CHINESE :mad: "

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

"Who are you?"

"I'm Frank Costanza's lawyer"

Parachute
May 18, 2003

T-Paine posted:

Also, Kramer at the 'nexus of the universe'.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I've always wanted to open a bar at the corner of 1st and 1st and call it The Nexus.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

jojoinnit posted:

I've always hoped that somewhere out there was an actual gang of street toughs infatuated with Martin Van Buren. :neckbeard:

Take a pic for us?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

^^ It's everything I'd hoped it would be. :)
Almost makes me wish I had the guts to be into petty vandalism.

LitigiousChimp
Sep 14, 2002

Sputty thinks I'm awesome and I deserve a kitten avatar!

Kevyn posted:

I've always wanted to open a bar at the corner of 1st and 1st and call it The Nexus.
Looking at Google Street view it seems that somebody already beat you to it. link

Maybe you need to get an intern to help you with day-to-day stuff so that you'll have more time to implement these ideas before somebody else steals them.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

LitigiousChimp posted:

Looking at Google Street view it seems that somebody already beat you to it. link

Maybe you need to get an intern to help you with day-to-day stuff so that you'll have more time to implement these ideas before somebody else steals them.

When Kramer flies off the handle at his intern about the lunch meetup, I always gently caress lose it.

AARON!!!

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Loving Life Partner posted:

When Kramer flies off the handle at his intern about the lunch meetup, I always gently caress lose it.

AARON!!!

Kramer posted:

Darren's going away for a long, long time.
(Continues to eat pie)

TVGM fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 5, 2011

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Do you ever yearn?

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I'm going home to spatula.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

LitigiousChimp posted:

My head is spinning like a top!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

BrandNew posted:

There you go, there's a tag. That's the tag.

How is that a tag?

Valhalska
May 3, 2007

Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...
The Nozzle.

BrandNew posted:

Do you ever yearn?

Well, not recently. I craved. I crave all the time, constant craving...but I haven't yearned.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

There you go, there's a tag. That's the tag.

How is that a tag?

That's what I thought was so funny!...That's not funny. There's nothing funny about that.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

"Who are you?"

I'm Buck Naked.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

jojoinnit posted:

Agreed, Ricky has a laugh that's nearing Seth Rogan levels of irritating. But what do you do during the standup scenes on the show, cringe and turn away?

:stare:

If you don't like Seinfeld's standup, how do you like this show? Also, Gervais' laugh is infectiously hilarious.

Here is Talking Funny on YouTube, at least temporarily:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V4q-zb2iI4

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
How about this... ketchup and mustard in the same bottle.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Starting tomorrow (Friday), JerrySeinfeld.com will contain nearly every video of Jerry's performances.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/a...&WT.mc_ev=click

EDIT: Obviously they are not all available to download in one big batch but you get the idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
...you know a muffin can be very filling.