Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

TheBigBad posted:

What? I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention. What were you yelling about?

I wasn't yelling. I was speaking in a loud, clear voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGopher
Sep 7, 2009

2508084 posted:

WOULD YOU GUYS SHUT UP ABOUT THE STUPID GOD DAMNED WATER PITCHER THING gently caress. Everybody do their own god drat thing if it makes them happy, all of us are lazy about one thing or another so SHUT UP UNLESS YOU ARE NEVER LAZY ABOUT ANYTHING ANY SECOND OF ANY DAY SHUT UP GOD drat. Isn't hyperfocusing on the dumbest poo poo a symptom of ADD?

You know what, I really hate it when people try to change the subject at the first sign of conflict. It's just sweeping poo poo under the rug, and the problem isn't going to go away. There are obviously things people still want to address, so let people finish and talk things out and learn something from the experience. What you're doing is entirely condescending, and says that others are not capable and/or mature enough to peacefully resolve verbal disputes.

edit: Since it is not obvious, this post is supposed to be tone neutral. I think you're awesome 25083483748923, and this isn't anything personal.

TheGopher fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 5, 2011

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.
^eh no hard feelings. I just get the whole "OH YOU DO X because you have Y." No, sometimes X has gently caress all to do with Y. Sometimes X is just X. I might be upset today, but its not because I have depression, but because something bad happened that day and I'm reacting like a normal person would. Sometimes a lazy rear end is just a lazy rear end (no offense to whoever started waterchat) regardless of if theyre ADD or not

Some things do differently than other people for different reasons - sometimes convenience. This is not an ADD thing, this is a people thing. Every single person I know does things out of pure convenience. It may be more expensive, but they still do it because they feel like it.

e: ironically, six or eight months after I was supposed to, I bought a new brita water filter today. 7$ and it'll probably be another year before I buy a new one.

ladyweapon fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 5, 2011

TheGopher
Sep 7, 2009
Regardless of the water pitcher thing, it's not about the water pitcher anymore. Nobody is saying it wasn't a dumb argument, but it is entirely worthwhile to talk about how people responded. To be honest, I entirely forgot that I called him lazy, and it wasn't fair of me at all, so I'm glad somebody else pointed it out.

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!
Some of you are so uptight.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

In my fascinating trip report, I'm going back to taking my Dexedrine right when I get to work. Because otherwise, it wears off at 4pm, and I get off work at 6, so there's two hours where I'm back to having scant attention and doing stupid things like forgetting that 50+50=100.

Plus, taking it early means that I do have an AMAZING amount of attention during the morning commute...when I'm doing nothing but staring out the window. But this morning? I did that with ninja-like concentration. I'm staring at trees I'M STARING AT TREES LOOK AT THAT loving TREE. No, LOOK. :stare:

As for Water Pitcher Chat, just pretend that Alvaro Fernendez is a Brita pitcher instead.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheGopher
Sep 7, 2009

opie posted:

Some of you are so uptight.

You're still pretty butthurt about that comment huh?

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

TheGopher posted:

Please stop antagonizing people (here) you're damaging my calm.

TheGopher
Sep 7, 2009
You know what chief, I'll stop making antagonistic posts when you stop making adversarial posts. (This part is intentionally antagonistic so we're clear on what antagonism will actually look like when I'm doing it)

Seriously though, how is your post helpful in any way? To be honest your post pisses me off. You're interjecting yourself into the middle of something, which was entirely voluntary, while claiming I'm personally responsible for the loss of your "calm." Not only that, but you're singling me as the sole culprit when, in regards to previous "antagonism," I made numerous concessions in previous posts saying I wasn't being fair. So while everybody was pretty much done with that and moving on, we have somebody pop into the middle of things and make a snide, passive-aggressive remark, referencing a post from months ago. Not only was it completely unnecessary, but it was the instigator, and thusly antagonistic. My reply was not unprovoked.

Want to actually stop these little conflicts? Then don't stir the pot, because that's all your post is doing.

TheGopher fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 5, 2011

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh
WHAT HAVE I DONE?! NO BRITA WATERCHAT, I AM THE TRUE MONSTER HERE.

No seriously guys, I only made those remarks because I thought it was weird someone would think refilling a jug of water once a day was high maintenance versus those squeeze bottles of flavour stuff. I always manage to get that poo poo all over myself, inside my purse, hell, all down my pants. Plus it means I can drink all the cold water I want without getting those weird metallic aftertastes.

Anyways, less waterchat MORE :catdrugs:

Glad to hear your meds will hopefully work the way they should, Qu Appelle. I was supposed to get my adderall refilled 2 weeks ago, but I still have some left over and I've just been too depressed over my husband's family being full of dickheads.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Holy poo poo some of you guys need to be more accepting of others. Empathize, don't antagonize.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

cloudstrife2993 posted:

Holy poo poo some of you guys need to be more accepting of others. Empathize, don't antagonize.

dude you are totally harshing my mellow right now ok :420:

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!

TheGopher posted:

No actually it was a joke. To lighten the mood. Because the water discussion is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen all month.

Seriously though you should lighten up. I see it's ok for you to call me uptight because I'm tired of a joke I've been hearing for years, but you can go on tirades about someone's water preference or whatever and everyone else is the antagonizer.

Personally I will do things that seem more difficult because in the short term it seems like a time-saver, or it's just easier and lets me focus on something else. Once I had to work on a something downstairs and a laptop upstairs at the same time, and instead of moving the laptop downstairs, I kept running up and down the stairs because I thought I was almost done with the problem. People do things in different ways and as long as the job is getting done and not affecting anyone else, it doesn't really matter if it's the most efficient way.

Also I drink water straight from the tap. That's my reward for living where water bills are higher than anywhere else.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Aculard posted:

Anyways, less waterchat MORE :catdrugs:

Can't we do both? I find that I get thirsty constantly while on Concerta, and since I try to avoid caffeine and excessive sugar, I generally end up drinking a lot of water every day. Has anyone else noticed that their medication makes them thirstier, or am I imagining it?

It kind of sucks, because the water where I live has 18 grains of hardness, which is absurdly high (307.8 parts per million, around three times the hardness of Toronto's water). Even after installing a quality water filter, it comes out at 8 or 9 grains, which is still high enough to be classified as "hard water." Lately, my stomach seems to get upset much more easily, and I can't help wondering if it's because I'm drinking a ton of hard water every day. (gently caress paying for bottled water. I have my own drat water, and I don't want to have to deal with a hundred empty bottles every week)

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.
I don't know about Canada but here you can buy a gallon of water for a buck then refill it for like a quarter or so. I get thirsty but my bad thing is biting my lips. I have to wear chapstick 24/7 - literally

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Angry Diplomat posted:

Can't we do both? I find that I get thirsty constantly while on Concerta, and since I try to avoid caffeine and excessive sugar, I generally end up drinking a lot of water every day. Has anyone else noticed that their medication makes them thirstier, or am I imagining it?

For me the thirst from Concerta is very much like having a dry mouth from smoking weed. Definitely noticeable and real. I'm drinking a lot of water. Always did, but more so now. Caffeine for the first time ever makes me wired and, if I drink a lot of it, somewhat hyperactive/more chattier than normal. Before I was on meds it just made me more calm, maybe even a bit drowsy.

Snow melted away and I fixed up my bike, it's awesome. Also started hitting the gym regularly for the first time ever (never before had a friend interested enough to make us drag each other along a few times a week). Regular exercise is so good for ADD it's not even funny.

Also hi thread! Got diagnosed some months ago and was prescribed 36mg Concerta, now on 72mg. I'm actually quite lightweight but for some reason the lower dose didn't really work that well. For some reason it seems like the medication and exercise make each other more effective than they ever were on their own.

Kehveli fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 5, 2011

SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE
Nov 4, 2010
Whats up guys? I got started on Concerta this morning and it's totally :catdrugs:. I've been getting tonnes of stuff finished that I've been meaning to do for weeks/months/years! I sat and read the biology bits of New Scientist all the way through! I tidied everything! I drink pure water from my tap!

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Aculard posted:

WHAT HAVE I DONE?! NO BRITA WATERCHAT, I AM THE TRUE MONSTER HERE.

Glad to hear your meds will hopefully work the way they should, Qu Appelle. I was supposed to get my adderall refilled 2 weeks ago, but I still have some left over and I've just been too depressed over my husband's family being full of dickheads.

It's OK :glomp:

As for my drugs, the only thing that really changed is that I set my timing back to where it was originally. I'll just sip weak tea throughout the day to combat the tiredness. Another thought - possibly eat more protein, to help with the appetite and energy thing.

I'd still like to hear of people's experiences of Vyvanse, if anyone on this thread has taken it. (Of course, I still have to check with my insurance company to see if it's even covered, and I just hate having to deal with bureaucracy like this. So I'm putting that off completely.)

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

TheGopher posted:

You know what chief, I'll stop making antagonistic posts when you stop making adversarial posts. (This part is intentionally antagonistic so we're clear on what antagonism will actually look like when I'm doing it)

Seriously though, how is your post helpful in any way? To be honest your post pisses me off. You're interjecting yourself into the middle of something, which was entirely voluntary, while claiming I'm personally responsible for the loss of your "calm." Not only that, but you're singling me as the sole culprit when, in regards to previous "antagonism," I made numerous concessions in previous posts saying I wasn't being fair. So while everybody was pretty much done with that and moving on, we have somebody pop into the middle of things and make a snide, passive-aggressive remark, referencing a post from months ago. Not only was it completely unnecessary, but it was the instigator, and thusly antagonistic. My reply was not unprovoked.

Want to actually stop these little conflicts? Then don't stir the pot, because that's all your post is doing.

TheBigBad posted:

Please stop antagonizing people (here) you're damaging my calm.

I asked you politely and stated why. Do not try to paint it as antagonistic because its not and we all see through your bullshit.

TheGopher
Sep 7, 2009

TheBigBad posted:

I asked you politely and stated why. Do not try to paint it as antagonistic because its not and we all see through your bullshit.

Go gently caress yourself, but I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Yeah, anyway.

So I've been on a drug vacation since about sunday. Started back in... by the fourth day I was having trouble not sleeping 12-14 hours a day. I haven't been that sleepy since i was a teenager. While I've got a bit of euphoria going on at the moment which has never happened, I fear something is hosed up with my serotonin levels. Any insight?

Kuri
Jun 26, 2009
Why, hello thread!

I decided to give it a bit more time before the trip report after the addition of Intuniv (guanfacine) to my drug regimen. Two months in, I'm relatively satisfied with it along with my Adderall.

/wall of text
My diagnosis started when my GP, in the middle of an appointment about a nasty ingrown toenail, noticed my absolute inability to focus for more than 15 seconds. This rather astute observation led to my diagnosis in my late twenties (combined-type). He started me on Adderall, which has been an absolute God-send, and after trying different dosing schedules, I've settled on 10mg Adderall XR tid. It allows me to control when the medication truly hits, and the small XR ensures I can minimize the total amount in my system at any one time. This is amazingly helpful since I all but avoid any rebound effects at the end of the day due to the tapered schedule.

My GP, again being awesome, has essentially opened the door to any treatment I am interested in. I have a paramedic certification (which I use for volunteering), so he knows I at least am not a mouthbreather when we've talked about the possible treatment avenues. I brought up the idea of Intuniv due to what I'd seen about guanfacine's efficacy with ADHD symptoms, and he was interested in seeing how it worked for me.

Super GP loaded me up with a month's worth of samples to try, and had his secretary get a prescription ready in case I wanted to continue. Guanfacine was typically used for hypertension, but the common agreement is that it also limits norepinephrine release in a certain portion of the brain, thereby helping with symptoms of impulsivity and inattention in ADHD. Intuniv is simply time-release guanfacine. Some people take the standard generic, but that usually involves two doses a day and has more of a peak effect on blood-serum levels.

Due to the effects on blood pressure, there is a titrating period involving a slow increase to the full dose. Given my size (over six feet tall and ~225 pounds), we aimed for a 4mg dose based on the study information from the FDA. In all, it works, but there are some fun side-effects that are mainly only noticeable when I don't take my Adderall on the weekends.

My heart rate is MUCH better now than previously; even with the Adderall, my HR stays below 70 when resting, whereas without the Intuniv, it would sit around 75-80. However, during the weekends, I am generally more somnolent, but at least I can claim the Intuniv makes me need a nap...I think my wife knows better, but it is a good enough excuse.

It took a good month to notice a difference, but it is certainly there. My organization ability is tremendously improved; I walked into my office at work one day and didn't recognize it since everything was neatly arranged, papers were in folders, etc. By itself, I don't think it would do nearly enough alone, but coupled with my daily stimulant, I'm very happy with the Intuniv.
/end wall of text

tl;dr Anti-hypertensive works well with stimulant for range of ADHD symptoms.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
I'm getting so frustrated lately with the Adderall and its effects (or lack thereof). It seems like the last few weeks, the meds have not really been doing all that much to silence the 8-million thoughts racing through my head. It feels like it isn't as easy to focus when on the pill as it used to be.

What pisses me off is that there are some days where I can tell its working and its doing a good job. But I don't like how those days are outnumbered by the days where it barely takes the edge off. I really hate this inconsistency! I'm seeing the psych on Monday, so I plan to tell him about what I'm experiencing.

Have any of you experienced something similar? And if so, how did your GP decide to tackle the problem?

Also, I think I'm noticing that when the meds should be wearing off, there's a 1-2 window where I can't focus on anything. Like, maybe even worse than when I was un-medicated. Then after that little bit of time, I'm back to my normal un-medicated self. Anyone ever had that?

If it helps, I'm not on the XR version of Adderall. I'm taking one standard 20mg pill per day, but the doc has me literally splitting the pill in half. I take half in the morning around 8am with breakfast. Then I take the other half around 12-1pm.

Kuri
Jun 26, 2009
Part of the problem may be in taking it with food; any of the amphetamines are susceptible to stomach pH and urinary pH. A stomach that is less acidic will absorb the drug faster, while a less acidic bladder will excrete it slower (typically 50% or so of amphetamines are excreted un-metabolized via urination).

Citrus fruits, along with drinks like cranberry juice, can cause you to literally piss out the Adderall much faster than you would otherwise. Dairy causes a big hit to urinary pH. Combined with a slower intake (food in the stomach will temporarily lower your gastric pH until the acidic environment overtakes the volume), you might be a victim of timing.

I typically get up at 0530 and eat breakfast right away. Then, as I am about to roll into work at 0700, I'll take my first Adderall; this allows my stomach to clear out some and I avoid the same problem. When I first started taking the medicine, I would take it with food...and I noticed it felt like nothing was happening some days. Offsetting the timing did wonders for the efficacy. I know some people will take their medication as soon as they wake up, then eat 1-2 hours later, but my appetite gets slaughtered until afternoon, so I have to eat first. YMMV.

Edit: Small change. Some juices, such as orange juice, actually cause your urine to become more alkaline due to how the body handles the acids.

Kuri fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 6, 2011

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Kuri posted:

Part of the problem may be in taking it with food; any of the amphetamines are susceptible to stomach pH and urinary pH. A stomach that is less acidic will absorb the drug faster, while a less acidic bladder will excrete it slower (typically 50% or so of amphetamines are excreted un-metabolized via urination).

Citrus fruits, along with drinks like cranberry juice, can cause you to literally piss out the Adderall much faster than you would otherwise. Dairy causes a big hit to urinary pH. Combined with a slower intake (food in the stomach will temporarily lower your gastric pH until the acidic environment overtakes the volume), you might be a victim of timing.

I typically get up at 0530 and eat breakfast right away. Then, as I am about to roll into work at 0700, I'll take my first Adderall; this allows my stomach to clear out some and I avoid the same problem. When I first started taking the medicine, I would take it with food...and I noticed it felt like nothing was happening some days. Offsetting the timing did wonders for the efficacy. I know some people will take their medication as soon as they wake up, then eat 1-2 hours later, but my appetite gets slaughtered until afternoon, so I have to eat first. YMMV.

Edit: Small change. Some juices, such as orange juice, actually cause your urine to become more alkaline due to how the body handles the acids.

Thanks for this. Lately I've started taking my Ritalin with food because of a schedule shift, and I was noticing less effect. Trying to take it an hour before, so far so good.

Kuri
Jun 26, 2009

Chin Strap posted:

Thanks for this. Lately I've started taking my Ritalin with food because of a schedule shift, and I was noticing less effect. Trying to take it an hour before, so far so good.

I know I would get the classic "OMG ACID REFLUX" effect when I first started taking it, but I have to avoid food with my cat drugs to ensure I actually get an effect.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Kuri posted:

Part of the problem may be in taking it with food;
Oh...poo poo! That's exactly what I do. I bring my breakfast to work, eat it all, then immediately pop my first dose.

quote:

Dairy causes a big hit to urinary pH. Combined with a slower intake (food in the stomach will temporarily lower your gastric pH until the acidic environment overtakes the volume), you might be a victim of timing.

Oh drat! A big part of my daily breakfast is a giant bowl of Cheerios! So definitely a decent amount of dairy intake there!

I bet that is a big cause of my problems (on top of taking the pill after a meal). It makes sense because I always wondered why the adderall seems to work better on the weekends. I also don't eat cereal on the weekends for breakfast, only the weekdays.

I tried your advice today and I do feel that the adderall worked pretty well! I was able to stay on task all day. Awesome! :) It's times like this that I'm glad I dropped the cash for a SA account.

Kuri
Jun 26, 2009
Another correction: I meant to say food in the stomach RAISES gastric pH, which is the same as lowers the acidity...you get the idea.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Argghh I have to study for a physics test on Monday morning and I am really struggling to stay on task. My biggest mistake was to have my physics book in PDF format. Meaning I have to use this god awful distraction machine to do the work. That or commit a lot of money to printing.

I took my first block of the 8 hour testing for God knows what now last Thursday. The tests involved asking questions about definitions, coding exercises, placing colored blocks into matching shapes, card matching (with shapes, colors and numbers), verbal math word problems, the computer test where you hit the space bar everytime a letter flashes (but not the letter X)(I really suck at that btw) and several 500 question + bubble tests about my feelings.

I am not even sure what ones are supposed to be for ADHD or what. Sadly my second test is on Tuesday, after my physics final and basically all the course work is done. So no help on that end. I just gotta grind out this weekend.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Create a locked down profile on the computer with only access to pdf reader and set your main account with a disgustingly long password that you have to print out like 128 hexdecimal. Log in to read your book.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
Get a kindle and put the book on there?

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Chin Strap posted:

Get a kindle and put the book on there?

Seconding this. I used to own a Nook and it was awesome for reading PDFs. That is, if the PDF you're trying to read can be reflowed.

Since the Nook can't do much else other than read, you can't really get distracted. Just lock yourself somewhere and go to town. I'm hearing that the Nooks are going to come down in price soon, so there's that too.

In general, e-book readers are awesome. Even before I got diagnosed, I still knew I had attention span problems. So when I bought the Nook because I just had to have one (thanks impulsiveness!), I immediately had buyer's remorse. Mainly because I know I never finish books, so I thought to myself "Dude, why the gently caress did you buy an e-book reader?! YOU NEVER FINISH BOOKS DUDE!"

I noticed that I actually used it a lot! Surprising since traditional books are hard for me to finish.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I have been "forgetting" to take my meds for the last 3-6 weeks (I really don't know how long it has been and at this point I don't have a good way to tell). I finally "remembered" today and it was a good reminder to myself to try harder to force off all the quick rationalizations that slide into "forgetting" so I can get things done. Don't be like me ya'll, take your :catdrugs:. Don't be all "It's 10 in the morning and what if it doesn't wear off by midnight so I can get to sleep" then notice a thing to do things with then go do things with that thing and forget and not get anything done that day except messing with things and then it's kinda late in the evening and you're still messing with things then realize you forgot to take meds.

I just wanted to post this somewhere because I have been (sort of) procrastinating about taking my meds for however long it has been and it's been very unproductive and I've been feeling pretty bad about it the past few weeks and maybe this short storyish thing will help someone else "remember" to take their meds if they're "forgetting".

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.
I noticed a couple people have posted about increased spending on adderall. Is it an instant release thing or does it happen on XR too? I've spent myself into a deep hole for reasons I can't figure out. Its just a compulsion to buy stuff. Or is it not even related?

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Impulsive behavior is a symptom of ADHD. So its probably just a lack of coping while on Adderall.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

TheBigBad posted:

Impulsive behavior is a symptom of ADHD. So its probably just a lack of coping while on Adderall.

Yes I know that, but its gotten significantly worse in the last couple of weeks for no apparent reason despite taking my meds regularly. Just wondering v:)v

e: for workout goons, this stimulates the "COOL AN UNIMPORTANT REWARD FOR DOING A THING" fascination. Virtual badges for working out. http://fitocracy.com/ I'm so excited about my virtual badge man. Gonna work out like hell tomorrow.

ladyweapon fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 10, 2011

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

So now, when the Dex wears off, I can no longer adequately move my left arm :toot:.

I deem this 'bad'.

We're having a talk about Vyvanse or possibly going back to Adderall at the next doctor's appointment. And I'm temporarily stopping the Dex. I should be able to bang out SQL scripts on caffeine and exercise. At least for now.

(Another thought is that this also didn't start happening until I went off my mega, 100,000 IU dose of Vitamin D a week. Now I'm only taking 35,000 iu a week, in the form of an OTC supplement. I can also feel depression creeping back in because of this, and the no natural sun bit. Oh, why do I live in Seattle :suicide: ) (Note - not really suicidal)

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 10, 2011

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Qu Appelle posted:

So now, when the Dex wears off, I can no longer adequately move my left arm :toot:.

I deem this 'bad'.

We're having a talk about Vyvanse or possibly going back to Adderall at the next doctor's appointment. And I'm temporarily stopping the Dex. I should be able to bang out SQL scripts on caffeine and exercise. At least for now.

(Another thought is that this also didn't start happening until I went off my mega, 100,000 IU dose of Vitamin D a week. Now I'm only taking 35,000 iu a week, in the form of an OTC supplement. I can also feel depression creeping back in because of this, and the no natural sun bit. Oh, why do I live in Seattle :suicide: ) (Note - not really suicidal)

Get a sun lamp? Put it at your desk at work and just flip it on in the morning for 30 minutes. Works for me and I don't have to take extra time out of my day to do it.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Chin Strap posted:

Get a sun lamp? Put it at your desk at work and just flip it on in the morning for 30 minutes. Works for me and I don't have to take extra time out of my day to do it.

Thank you! I have one at work, but it's too bright. But, I have another one right by my home desk, and I'm putting it in my back pack now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taylor
Nov 21, 2004

Qu Appelle posted:

Another thought is that this also didn't start happening until I went off my mega, 100,000 IU dose of Vitamin D a week.

What do you mean, you can no longer adequately move it?

There is only one thing I can think of that would link these three things, and that's Parkinson's Disease. You can treat some of the symptoms with amphetamines, it's associated with low Vitamin D levels, and a primary symptom is certain difficulty moving limbs (examples: rigidity, tremors, lack of ability for precise movements) and it usually starts in just one limb. But this all may be a coincidence, or a strange temporary thing, or who knows, it's probably nothing (I'm no doctor).

edit: Actually in your earlier posts you say you have hereditary spastic paraparesis so that's probably it, I have no idea what that is though (apparently it can be many things, and affects lower limbs primarily and sometimes also upper limbs).

taylor fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 10, 2011