Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.

Diseased Yak posted:

New nameless band, eh? Let's think up some names:

I always liked SWAMP for a band name. simple, straightforward, full of life and funky gases. Accessibly relevant imagery prevails upon the mind. Fossils, UFOs, religious experiences. Looks good in bolded capslock. Curves on the S/P and straight lines on the W/M means it would make a great stylized logo. Just an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leopold N. Loeb
Apr 26, 2010

by XyloJW
Suggested band names:

Hadalpelagic
Frozen Agony
Void of Emotion
Ochre Jelly
Dusk
L.S.Deity
DCLXVI

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
'Mediocre, at best good actor'

Unfortunate to know you lot won't be putting any more out under the name. Had something really fresh going on.

Thalamus
Jan 20, 2007

Peace, Brothers & Sisters!
Just made this for the wordle thread in GBS:

shiatza
May 15, 2005

shiatza fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 7, 2015

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.

Thalamus posted:

"cheribum"

Don't you mean "Cherubim"?

Also, Creed?

Thalamus
Jan 20, 2007

Peace, Brothers & Sisters!

amplifier worship posted:

Don't you mean "Cherubim"?

Also, Creed?

I didn't bother to proof read the lyrics I c&p'd, sorry.

Also, what's wrong with creed? It's an actual word, not just a crappy band.

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

Thalamus posted:

I didn't bother to proof read the lyrics I c&p'd, sorry.

Also, what's wrong with creed? It's an actual word, not just a crappy band.

The capitalization made me think it was the band.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Not listened to this album in quite some time. Rediscovered it. My loss becomes my gain, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO7VP34n2Ps

Maybe I didn't appreciate it when I first heard it. gently caress knows. All I know now is, Electric Wizard are loving badass (and I'm well aware that's not exactly news to this thread).

Saint Clavicus
Feb 28, 2005
fuck the sun
hey im a goon in a sludge band, add me to the doomgoon list plzzz

CONSULAR- http://consular.bandcamp.com & http://www.last.fm/music/Consular

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Idioteque Dance posted:

Thanks for the input, linguistics are always interesting. I agree that it barely matters when you can't distinguish what is actually being said/screamed/growled anyway. Let me know if you want anything else ECW-related plugged in the OP.

Nothing much to plug right now, but I'll let you know when there is.
In other news, Mari from Sludge Swamp reviewed our web ep. Not gonna provide a link, because :files:, but google search will lead you there.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

On the way to see kyuss (lives) at the moment. So pumped. Will report back.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009

keratas posted:

Melb-goon! Oh I wish I were as lucky as you.

A Sydney friend of mine cried it was so good, apparently!

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

keratas posted:

Don't worry, you're in good hands.

smile.jpg
Jun 15, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They've a new 7" coming out soon, Sex Tape/Snuff Film. To quote the band "brand new material. sounds like you are getting loving raped by a jackhammer"

Can't wait for it, SWD is one of my favourite albums of 2010,easily top 3.

Also Adventure Time, gently caress yeah.

loving sweet! Satan Worshipping Doom was the essential doom release from last year, seriously, that thing was so heavy that it make coal into diamonds. I loving loved it and with Thou's Summit thrown in the mix as well, I was in doom heaven in 2010.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Idioteque Dance posted:

Don't worry, you're in good hands.

All I can say is, what a drat show.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Seriously ripped me up when I found that out after randomly getting into them from earlier in this thread (someone posted a rec. I followed that led to them, and gently caress they're good) and I'm sad I missed a short reunion, would've been nice to see.

What do you know, Mongolia are reuniting to play the Council of Tanith EP launch next month.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Idioteque Dance posted:

Thanks for the input, linguistics are always interesting. I agree that it barely matters when you can't distinguish what is actually being said/screamed/growled anyway. Let me know if you want anything else ECW-related plugged in the OP.

Now that I think about it, could you put the link to our facebook page in the OP?
http://www.facebook.com/ecwdoom
Also, for anyone interested, here's a video of a track we played live last night: http://youtu.be/esHEtDDstu8

And to not talk about my band all the time, I saw Ramesses live on the 23rd of April and they were good. Their live sound is absolutely loving filthy and I love it. I'm not sure if they played a single song I recognized, having only heard one of their albums and one ep before the gig. Bought another album and another ep and am now much more learned in their ways.

Also, Swans next Wednesday, I am stoked.

Diseased Yak
Jun 23, 2006

It's only a mild infection...

Saint Clavicus posted:

hey im a goon in a sludge band, add me to the doomgoon list plzzz

CONSULAR- http://consular.bandcamp.com & http://www.last.fm/music/Consular

Sounds pretty great dude. Holy Hell at the album cover! I'll just forget about sleeping tonight...

Has Procession been mentioned in these environs? I've had their album Destroyers of the Faith for a while now, but just got around to firing it up this morning on my office rig. Sound pretty great, not the deep riffage that normally raises my mast, but some awesome licks nonetheless. Clean vocals, too, which is a rarity. I give them a tentative thumb's up.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

keratas posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea this was a thing. I got in to Kyuss about 5-6 years ago and was always bummed that I wouldn't get a chance to see them.

Luckily I saw your post, and then that they're playing in Wellington on Sunday. Best way to spend $75 around.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
UNDERSMILE - Very Melvins-ish. Slow, Sludgy and heavy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-klZ5DXHqNw

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl

Polegrinder posted:

UNDERSMILE - Very Melvins-ish. Slow, Sludgy and heavy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-klZ5DXHqNw

Yeah, heard this band the other day. Good stuff. Releasing an album later this year I think.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Diseased Yak posted:

Has Procession been mentioned in these environs? I've had their album Destroyers of the Faith for a while now, but just got around to firing it up this morning on my office rig. Sound pretty great, not the deep riffage that normally raises my mast, but some awesome licks nonetheless. Clean vocals, too, which is a rarity. I give them a tentative thumb's up.

Probably my favourite straight-up doom band at the moment. Saw them live in January and they slayed.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Well there go all my ideas http://www.cvltnation.com/wizards-beard_purefilth/

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

To anyone who has been to a Kyuss Lives! concert:
Do they sell any merch? I'd really like to get my hands on a Kyuss shirt.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009

Angryhead posted:

To anyone who has been to a Kyuss Lives! concert:
Do they sell any merch? I'd really like to get my hands on a Kyuss shirt.

They do, and they are excellent. A certain khaki green one which will blow your socks off. Also an amazing huge poster (if they have any left).

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

the wizards beard posted:

Well there go all my ideas http://www.cvltnation.com/wizards-beard_purefilth/

Vocalist reminds me a lot of Dixie Dave.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
The new sourvein record "fang" rips pretty hard. Check it out as soon as you can.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
e:

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 5, 2015

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The new Bongripper is out tonight at 12am CET.
gently caress. Yes.

Sex Tape/Snuff Film 7"
as well as a remastered 12" of doom only Hate Ashbury (no noise/drone)

Hail Satan. Worship Doom.

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

We finally got around to recording a demo. Three songs of downtuned weed worship. Hope you guys like it.

https://www.mediafire.com/?0st6cd15l8cuc5j

This is pretty badass. Just the right mix of decent/trashy for the production quality, sick vocals, sludgy riffs galore. Enjoyin' it, thanks!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

This is pretty badass. Just the right mix of decent/trashy for the production quality, sick vocals, sludgy riffs galore. Enjoyin' it, thanks!

Thanks for the good words. There's no production to speak of, we just played it all in one take after too many beers and spliffs, which is really noticeable in the vocals. We've been playing for six months together and our vocalist / 2nd guitarist started doing vox for this project so hes not really used to it yet. Still, pretty good for a first demo and hes usually a lot more consistent when he hasnt had as many beers. I play bass / make the riffs.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Dyna Soar posted:

Thanks for the good words. There's no production to speak of, we just played it all in one take after too many beers and spliffs, which is really noticeable in the vocals. We've been playing for six months together and our vocalist / 2nd guitarist started doing vox for this project so hes not really used to it yet. Still, pretty good for a first demo and hes usually a lot more consistent when he hasnt had as many beers. I play bass / make the riffs.

Yeah, this is some really kickass stuff. Are you planning on doing gigs in the future?
Edit2: Also, have you printed or are you planning to print a physical release of this?

Edit: Apparently, Saturnalia Temple has released a new record, called Aion of Drakon. Released by The Ajna Offensive and Nuclear Winter Records.

Frank Caskelot fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 13, 2011

ethan
Dec 16, 2004

The new Bongripper is out tonight at 12am CET.
gently caress. Yes.

Sex Tape/Snuff Film 7"
as well as a remastered 12" of doom only Hate Ashbury (no noise/drone)

Hail Satan. Worship Doom.

Ordered these just now! They also have new stock of those bad rear end goat head shirts, which I also promptly ordered.

In other news, I really hope YOB and Dark Castle play a show in Vancouver or at least Seattle. If the latter, I should really go get my passport. :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Listen to the new Bongripper stuff here
Sex Tape/Snuff Film
Hate Ashbury Remastered

:worship:

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
loving Sedir - For Winter Fire rips. Grab that poo poo when it drops. Looks like they don't even have any old poo poo on the web, but here is their face book.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seidr/167176866665923

Sounds like Asunder mixed with Alcest. But more like Asunder.

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl
Just got the Bongripper Sex Tape/Snuff Film EP, Hate Ashbury remaster and the Goat T-shirt. Love this band.

From the new EP, I am liking 'Sex Tape' more out of the two tracks.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Listen to the new Bongripper stuff here
Sex Tape/Snuff Film
Hate Ashbury Remastered

:worship:

Holy gently caress the new Bongripper 7" is heavy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MR.B posted:

From the new EP, I am liking 'Sex Tape' more out of the two tracks.

I'm preferring Snuff Film but hey, they're quickly becoming one of my favourite bands ever so it doesn't really matter.
Just listened to Hippie Killer for the first time today, can't believe I'd never heard 'Charlie, Burt Reynolds Has Got poo poo on You' before, it's incredible.

Also are you DiscouragedDays on Last.Fm by any chance?

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

QPZIL posted:

Holy gently caress the new Bongripper 7" is heavy.

Agreed, thanks for the link, Quantum.