Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

oRenj9 posted:

If you want to sort this issue out like men, I bet I could find a kiddy pool and some jello...

One race, account pink slips on the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Or literally a pink slip, they kind of look like muscle shirts.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Muffinpox posted:

One race, account pink slips on the line.

He'd never do it because he's a big bald baby. Plus he'd try to cheat and use his motorcycle. He's shifty; I don't trust him. I think he might be Canadian, too.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nah, drag race between the shittest of the Mustangs and F-Bodies. A carby Pinto 4 banger Mustang vs. an Iron Duke powered Camaro.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

You Am I posted:

Nah, drag race between the shittest of the Mustangs and F-Bodies. A carby Pinto 4 banger Mustang vs. an Iron Duke powered Camaro.

Are you expecting for everyone to just get bored and leave?

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
New Name for V6 Performance Package: 'Mayhem Mustang Package'

source: AutoBlog, 09MAY11

Autoblog posted:

The Ford Mustang name is among the most iconic in the world, and performance variants like the Boss, Shelby and Bullitt are almost as memorable in the eyes of enthusiasts. While those names were no-doubt spawned by committee, the newest Mustang variant was given its name on Facebook.

Ford opened up a competition on the Mustang Facebook page to name the new V6 Performance Package, and "Mayhem Mustang Package" won out. The winning submission, which came from Jeremy Marler in North Carolina, was chosen from over 3,000 entries. Marler's entry wins him a three-year lease on a 2012 Mustang with his Mayhem designation.

What do you all think? I guess they had to make it more marketable to Gen-Xers. I'm surprised, quite frankly, that it didn't end up 'EXTREME MUSTANG EXTREME PERFORMANCE PACKAGE'. As long as they don't dilute the package itself, it's still what I'll be ordering around Christmas time.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I think that's a pretty stupid name. Is this something other than the Pony Package, or just a simple renaming? For that matter, is that a Canada-only designation?

EDIT: Ford.com seems to be unclear about this. There's certainly nothing called that, but there is something called the Premium Package, which we don't have in Canada -- but the Premium package is available on both the V6 and GT, whereas the Pony Package is only available on the V6, and I'm frankly too lazy to figure out what differences might exist between the two.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 10, 2011

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

kronix posted:

It just felt like a cheap convertible. It was louder than I thought it should be, the top leaked and it was just kind of a lovely convertible. This was a '98 and it was sometime in 2002 so it was already a 4 year old car. I love my 5.0 but I haven't heard a lot about the convertible.
Mine doesn't leak, but then, neither did my '97, so I can't tell if they've improved or not.

Although I actually had the top replaced on mine already under warranty because when you opened the driver-side door, the corner of the window just barely caught the edge of the roof and wore a hole in the material. Of course, now the passenger side window catches a teeny tiny bit. So maybe they haven't improved.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I said they should name it the Mare package. I still like my name better :colbert:

Presto posted:

Mine doesn't leak, but then, neither did my '97, so I can't tell if they've improved or not.

Although I actually had the top replaced on mine already under warranty because when you opened the driver-side door, the corner of the window just barely caught the edge of the roof and wore a hole in the material. Of course, now the passenger side window catches a teeny tiny bit. So maybe they haven't improved.

convertibles are terrible

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

CombatWombat posted:

convertibles are terrible

The most useless car: Convertible, v6, manual transmission Mustang

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

frozenphil posted:

It's useful for looking fabulous

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

CombatWombat posted:

I said they should name it the Mare package.

How about "The Clydesdale".
I agree convertibles are for girls.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

AtomicBomber posted:

It's my friend's older father and he's trading in his Miata.

At least it's a GT

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

AtomicBomber posted:

Clydesdales are way too badass for a V6 package, ya doof :rolleyes:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

PT6A posted:

I think that's a pretty stupid name. Is this something other than the Pony Package, or just a simple renaming? For that matter, is that a Canada-only designation?

It's a rename of the former 'Performance Package' (available on only the V6, both regular and premium).

Here's what it has:

Autoblog posted:

Front and rear stabilizer bars, suspension and brakes from the Mustang GT and a 3.31 performance rear axle. To help differentiate the Mayhem Mustang from its less capable siblings, the variant will be given unique 19-inch wheels wrapped with Pirelli performance rubber and Mayhem badging throughout.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

frozenphil posted:

I thought the latest convertible had pretty OK reviews but I don't have any of my magazines with me to check. And now that the V6 has 305hp or so it's not bad!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

CharlesM posted:

I thought the latest convertible had pretty OK reviews but I don't have any of my magazines with me to check. And now that the V6 has 305hp or so it's not bad!

Yeah, the reviewers seem to love them, I just think convertibles are dumb. I guess I'm not willing to make my car heavier, introduce more chassis flex, and create a source of wind noise and leaks just so I can ride with the top down a few days a year.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Maybe you should buy a real car, corvettes are designed ground up to be convertibles so there's no extra weight or flex with one :smug:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Muffinpox posted:

Maybe you should buy a real car, corvettes are designed ground up to be convertibles so there's no extra weight or flex with one :smug:

...and even if they weren't the roof automatically delaminates for you so you have no choice but to have a convertible!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Muffinpox posted:

I am none of the following: a 50 year old doctor/lawyer, or the trophy bride of one. Is the corvette the right car for me????

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

I am none of the following: a 50 year old doctor/lawyer, or the trophy bride of one. Is the corvette the right car for me????

How many gold chains do you own? Does your chest hair resemble an ascot poking out of the top of your shirt? Do you find yourself singing along with the song "I can't drive 55" because anything over 40mph terrifies you?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

frozenphil posted:

just so I can ride with the top down a few days a year.
Sorry about your climate. :smug:

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Presto posted:

Sorry about your climate. :smug:

Phil lives in the south.

Where the problem is that driving with the top down results in HORRIFIC SUNBURN.

Something most convertible drivers forget about.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

frozenphil posted:

I think he might be Canadian, too.

Okay, that was a low blow, man.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Muffinpox posted:

Based on reviews I've read, the Camaro was also designed from the ground up to be a vert, since no one can see anything out of the coupe.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Camaro drivers only look in the mirrors to check their mullets. Get your facts straight before you disparage the general.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

I'm still looking at picking up a GT convertible. I figure that my Mustang will likely be 99.99% boulevard cruiser anyway so I might as well be able to drop the top. Alas, I do lose any chance at SERIOUS PERFORMANCE DRIVER e-cred, but I really like open air driving, and live in a decent climate for it.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Lt. Jebus posted:

Alas, I do lose any chance at SERIOUS PERFORMANCE DRIVER e-cred, but I really like open air driving, and live in a decent climate for it.

Pffft, you're posting in a thread where the OP thinks automatic transmissions and solid rear axles are the bee's knees.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

So my buddy JB told me today that he'd give me a free set of 28X10.5x15 Mickey Thompson ET Drags for my Shelby if I just get off my rear end and go buy some wheels. Discuss?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

So my buddy JB told me today that he'd give me a free set of 28X10.5x15 Mickey Thompson ET Drags for my Shelby if I just get off my rear end and go buy some wheels. Discuss?

You don't want to run slicks until you get a one piece driveshaft. However, my vote is for True Forged Mach 5s in their big and little combo. 14lbs each and completely streetable!

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
can I put this here?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4513845202113503694

I really like the dyno at the end.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Put a Procharger on your 5.0 and go 10.52@132. lmao
If you ever doubted that we are living in the next muscle car era, watch this. Enjoy it while it lasts, folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9WFe1xwsYs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I just got my window sticker today. Hazzah!

Offrampmotel
Mar 18, 2006
Guitar God
Got my car back from the paint shop today:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Like the stripes; but I get this feeling that something isn't "right"... Maybe it's just because I'm not used to seeing orange on black stripes.

Aberroyc
Jul 12, 2007
Looks good, Offrampmotel! I agree with Devyl that it is a bit out of the ordinary. You see a lot of black with white stripes or red stripes, but I don't think I've seen many if at all with orange. Good combo!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
What's visibility out the rear window like with those louvres?

Offrampmotel
Mar 18, 2006
Guitar God

CombatWombat posted:

What's visibility out the rear window like with those louvres?

Absolutely horrible. I'm considering removing them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Offrampmotel posted:

Absolutely horrible. I'm considering removing them.

Are they solid or at least translucent? The parts near the C-pillars don't look flared nearly enough to be usable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Take off those tacky rear end louvers. Other than that, I love that combo.