Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Anyone know if there is a good documentary about Frank Zappa online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
This is pretty awesome.

BBC Horizon: Gentlemen, lift your skirts (1981)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8l9bthLdzg&playnext=1&list=PL0005D1BD61A71052

Its about the latest developments of Formula 1 racing coming out of the British Isles circa 1981. I'm really starting to dig F1 racing. And I sure do love the loving BBC :swoon: (and I'm an American).

Xmas Dumpster Fire
May 29, 2001

LawrenceOfHerLabia posted:

There only appears to be one episode on video.google.com of the Lost World of Communism. You can get a more complete listing on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4471B3054312065C

These are incredibly interesting, especially the one about Czechoslovakia. I knew the other Warsaw Pact nations had invaded the country at some point, but I didn't know anything about the circumstances. So this might be a shot in the dark, but can anyone recommend a book (or even other documentaries) about The Prague Spring? Or even more generally, just about internal politics of Eastern Europe during the Cold War.

SamLikesCake
Oct 6, 2006

... and he is my navigator.
Very obscure documentary question!

I remember seeing a documentary on TLC or Discovery back in the mid 90's (I wanna say '95 or '96) about alien abduction. It was the first time I'd ever seen or heard anything about it and I remember it scaring the hell out of little ten-year-old me. Now, there are about a million alien docs out there now but this one was "hosted" by a woman with dark hair. I think it might have been Edith Fiore. It was mostly interviews with alleged abductees and it talked a ton about hypnosis. I remember it had frequent shots of a light bulb swaying in front of the camera.

I don't believe in any of that stuff anymore, but I remember it scaring the poo poo out of little kid SamLikesCake and I guess I want a nostalgia trip. I've looked all over the place for it with no luck. The problem is that there are a million and one UFO docs out there with similar names. Anyone remember this show, and have any idea what it was called?

Shot in the dark, I know.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

SamLikesCake posted:

Very obscure documentary question!

I remember seeing a documentary on TLC or Discovery back in the mid 90's (I wanna say '95 or '96) about alien abduction. It was the first time I'd ever seen or heard anything about it and I remember it scaring the hell out of little ten-year-old me. Now, there are about a million alien docs out there now but this one was "hosted" by a woman with dark hair. I think it might have been Edith Fiore. It was mostly interviews with alleged abductees and it talked a ton about hypnosis. I remember it had frequent shots of a light bulb swaying in front of the camera.

I don't believe in any of that stuff anymore, but I remember it scaring the poo poo out of little kid SamLikesCake and I guess I want a nostalgia trip. I've looked all over the place for it with no luck. The problem is that there are a million and one UFO docs out there with similar names. Anyone remember this show, and have any idea what it was called?

Not exactly what you're looking for but check out the movie Fire In The Sky--it has a pretty scary abduction scene.

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
That's a good one. Fire in the Sky is based on the supposedly real life abduction of Travis Walton.

This American Life has a segment on it here beginning at about 37 minutes in.
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/421/last-man-standing

The movie is available streaming here on Netflix. It's pretty good.
http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Fire-in-the-Sky/70011067#height1527

If you like the X-Files, it's a must watch.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

SamLikesCake posted:

I know it's not what you're looking for, but that show Sightings that was on Fox and then eventually Sci Fi channel had a ton of bullshit like that in it that scared me when I was a kid. The light bulb thing reminded me of the weird creepy things they would put in some of their re-enactments.

El Goatherd
Jun 25, 2005

hate is art
I just discovered Mark Thomas's 'Secret Map of Britain', which is about all kinds of places and things in the UK that don't officially exist. It's completely fascinating, though I wonder if he'd have been able to do it in the current climate without getting arrested.

Edit : Youtube one goes out of sync, so here it is on Google video in one chunk - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2130977739763182534

El Goatherd fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 6, 2011

evlbstrd
Jan 9, 2005
Working Man’s Death

http://documentary.net/working-mans-death-part-1-lions/

The second episode "Brothers" is set in a Pakistani shipbreaking year. The photography is absolutely sublime.

quote:

In today’s technological age – is heavy manual labour disappearing or is it just becoming invisible?

Physical work was once celebrated with hymns of praise. But workers today must be content with encouraging one another that their hard work is better than no work at all.

This series looks at the state of physical work in today’s world. Work that is dreary, demanding and at time dangerous.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Building the Bouncing Bomb

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dambusters-building-the-bouncing-bomb

quote:

Cambridge engineer Dr Hugh Hunt tries to recreate Barnes Wallis's famous Second World War bouncing bomb, and blow up a specially constructed dam in Canada

Cool documentary. Mainly because they selected me to colourise the photo they found. They gave a copy of the colourised photo to Barnes Wallis daughter (as featured) and she loved it. Never thought i'd be linked to that in a million years :psyduck:

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009
A Brief History of the Minimoog, 1970s

Here's a cool minidoc (<10 minutes) of the origins of the Moog synthesizer via Dangerous Minds.

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/a_mini-doc_about_the_minimoog/

Direct link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLx_x5Fuzp4

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Michael Moore Hates America

In Michael Moore Hates America, documentarian Michael Wilson searches for the American Dream and sets off on a nationwide quest to interview another millionaire: the "documentary" filmmaker, Michael Moore.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/125307/michael-moore-hates-america?c=News-and-Information/Documentary-and-Biography

jagdtiger00
Jul 21, 2007

piss posted:

The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer

Though this is only Amazon reviewers speaking, some of the more famous hits claimed by Kuklinkski may indeed have been committed by person(s) other than him.

Kuklinski had a massive ego and is probably somewhat of a Henry Lee Lucas. I saw both of the HBO interviews of him with Dr. Dietz and they are very entertaining regardless.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WouldDesk posted:

Michael Moore Hates America

In Michael Moore Hates America, documentarian Michael Wilson searches for the American Dream and sets off on a nationwide quest to interview another millionaire: the "documentary" filmmaker, Michael Moore.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/125307/michael-moore-hates-america?c=News-and-Information/Documentary-and-Biography

I remember seeing the preview for this. During the trailer, it looked like it was fine as focusing on Michael Moore as a false documentarian and the way he tends to make movies instead of documentaries. But instead it went off the deep end into "searching for the American dream" and looked instead like some right wing propaganda film.

Is that what it turns out to be?

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
No, it turned out pretty good. Although the title suggest he will be making fun of Moore the entire film, it is nothing like that. He talks to people that have unwillingly been used in Moore's films as propaganda such as the bank featured in Bowling for Columbine , a soldier who lost both arms featured in Fahrenheit 9/11 , explaing that Moore flat out lied about growing up in Flynt, Michigan, and does interviews with other films makers. Penn Jillette and the filmmaker have a conversation that is shown in bits throughout also.

I enjoyed it, I also enjoy Moore's films (mainly Bowling) even if when watching you can tell what is edited. What the film does best is show how Michael Moore flat lies about how he said things were not edited, words were not cutout, and speeches were not pieced together in his films. Pretty amazing really that he just says "no, not edited :colbert:" even when proven wrong with evidence. It also shows that while Moore can demean and Slander others, when someone does it to him he turns into a child quite literally. He just yells at people and turns the argument on them. Nothing new from him but it is documented well here. Good watch whether you like Moore or not.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Lone Rogue posted:

I remember seeing the preview for this. During the trailer, it looked like it was fine as focusing on Michael Moore as a false documentarian and the way he tends to make movies instead of documentaries. But instead it went off the deep end into "searching for the American dream" and looked instead like some right wing propaganda film.

Is that what it turns out to be?

No, it does. It uses Penn and Teller as legit sources of 'real information' and basically after five minutes of 'his documentaries are pretty weak and very obviously goal based rather then objective (holy poo poo you mean the dude making Capitalism: A Love Story may not be 100% objective, thank you, right wing nobody, I almost had to read a title), it goes into a really pathetic just hit piece that isn't even based in much.

Like, it's one of those 'oh you do something I don't like, well how do YOU like it when I do it to YOU?! Yea that sure sucks huh?!' type things.

Make is a pretty lovely documentary himself, he's a generic crazy libertarian who's 'mom and pop media' business makes ads for right wing dudes and writes for Andrew Breitbart's assorted 'Big(whatever).com' sites. But it's ok for him, he loves America, and Michel More Hates America.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

shotgunbadger posted:

No, it does. It uses Penn and Teller as legit sources of 'real information' and basically after five minutes of 'his documentaries are pretty weak and very obviously goal based rather then objective (holy poo poo you mean the dude making Capitalism: A Love Story may not be 100% objective, thank you, right wing nobody, I almost had to read a title), it goes into a really pathetic just hit piece that isn't even based in much.

Calm down, you seem upset at a film. I would like to know where Teller was in the film he wasn't in it . And when you say "it goes into a really pathetic just hit piece that isn't even based in much", makes me think you flat out did not see the film or you just can not understand what is being shown. For example Moores use of the injured soldiers video, Moore showed the video but did not let the man talk. This is repeated over and over as the subjects used in Moore's films show proof that they were exploited and flat lied about in order for Moore to cut and paste to his liking.

I enjoyed films by Michael Moore understanding some of the material is skewed, this simply shows how it was skewed. Pasting video from multiple speeches and editing in it to one speech, and denying you did it despite proof is literally insane. And that is what it points out in en entertaining way :shobon: No need to hate on either filmmaker.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

WouldDesk posted:

Calm down, you seem upset at a film. I would like to know where Teller was in the film he wasn't in it . And when you say "it goes into a really pathetic just hit piece that isn't even based in much", makes me think you flat out did not see the film or you just can not understand what is being shown. For example Moores use of the injured soldiers video, Moore showed the video but did not let the man talk. This is repeated over and over as the subjects used in Moore's films show proof that they were exploited and flat lied about in order for Moore to cut and paste to his liking.

I enjoyed films by Michael Moore understanding some of the material is skewed, this simply shows how it was skewed. Pasting video from multiple speeches and editing in it to one speech, and denying you did it despite proof is literally insane. And that is what it points out in en entertaining way :shobon: No need to hate on either filmmaker.

Ok my bad, he just used the vocal fat libertarian of the pair, that makes it less absurd.

I'm not 'mad', I just think this dude is a total hack and the tactic of 'this guy does a documentary style I don't like, ergo I'm going to do the same to him' is like how five year olds think.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

shotgunbadger posted:

Ok my bad, he just used the vocal fat libertarian of the pair, that makes it less absurd.

I'm not 'mad', I just think this dude is a total hack and the tactic of 'this guy does a documentary style I don't like, ergo I'm going to do the same to him' is like how five year olds think.

That was my point, they use nowhere near the same style, Moore took video of interviews and edited it to his liking without discussing it with the interviewee. Michael Wilson in this film finds those subjects and let's them directly respond to what happened. And he gives Moore opportunity after opportunity to give his input. Something Moore shy's away from. I agree Wilson acts a little childish at times but so does Moore, so does every documentary film maker to an extent. They all love themselves a bit much.

One thing I hated in MMHA is that he and the bank workers explained that Moore did not just show up and get a gun after opening an account in Michigan. There were many special circumstances and strings pulled so Moore could get it all on film. Moore lied to have all of this done, but I don't care, I enjoyed being all :stare: about him just going into a random bank, opening an account, then walking out with a rifle. I knew it was too good to be true but dammit it made a good film. I see it all as entertainment and they both do well at that goal.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

WouldDesk posted:

One thing I hated in MMHA is that he and the bank workers explained that Moore did not just show up and get a gun after opening an account in Michigan. There were many special circumstances and strings pulled so Moore could get it all on film. Moore lied to have all of this done, but I don't care, I enjoyed being all :stare: about him just going into a random bank, opening an account, then walking out with a rifle. I knew it was too good to be true but dammit it made a good film. I see it all as entertainment and they both do well at that goal.

You hated how they showed the truth? A documentary can be entertaining, but it most importantly needs to be truthful, to properly DOCUMENT what is actually happening.

Personally, I liked MMHA, but I wasn't really a fan to begin with (didn't dislike him, either).

While we're talking about documentaries that don't tell the whole truth....man, Gasland is one of the most skewed, biased pieces I've ever seen. I can't believe people here were recommending it. That wasn't even close to legitimate film-making in the slightest bit. For insight: http://www.energyindepth.org/2010/06/debunking-gasland/ and http://www.netl.doe.gov/technologies/oil-gas/publications/EPreports/Shale_Gas_Primer_2009.pdf

Dead Pressed fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 7, 2011

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Dead Pressed posted:

While we're talking about documentaries that don't tell the whole truth....man, Gasland is one of the most skewed, biased pieces I've ever seen. I can't believe people here were recommending it. That wasn't even close to legitimate film-making in the slightest bit. For insight: http://www.energyindepth.org/2010/06/debunking-gasland/ and http://www.netl.doe.gov/technologies/oil-gas/publications/EPreports/Shale_Gas_Primer_2009.pdf

I can't tell if this post is parody or not.

EDIT: VVV Those poor oil companies! Good thing they have Dead Pressed and WouldDesk sticking up for the little guy's right to shoot poison into the earth.

Alastor_the_Stylish fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 7, 2011

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I can't tell if this post is parody or not.

No look, maybe if you tour the virtual oil rig you'd understand better...

Spoiler alert: the virtual oil rig is a utopia of cleanliness and efficiency!

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Dead Pressed posted:

You hated how they showed the truth? A documentary can be entertaining, but it most importantly needs to be truthful, to properly DOCUMENT what is actually happening.

I hated having the scene ruined, I was saying it tongue in cheek. I knew that the scene did not pan out how he portrayed it, knowing how he manipulated it all just made me upset.

As far as a documentary being truthful. This rarely happens. This is one of the few points I had drilled into my head in multiple film classes. Documentaries are inherently bias, and that bias often comes from funding sources. This is in general. What Moore and Wilson made as far as the two films in discussion, I do not consider documentaries.

To your point about Gasland, if I were to put up a list of best made/not bias documentaries it would be with the least biased first:

1. Restrepo type films where events are documented, subjects are not interviewed much at all, just documented.

2-4677. All others

4678. Gasland type trash where legitimacy simply does not exist. I will watch that debunking-gasland link, thanks for posting it.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Blood and Dust

Award-winning filmmaker Vaughan Smith spent 10 days with a US Medevac helicopter unit in Afghanistan.

Still raging, the war in Afghanistan claims victims every day. Yet overhead, medevac helicopters constantly flies to the burning points of those who need help. Civilians, Taliban or US marine, they are all treated in the medevac helicopters. Join in on DocumentaryStorm to witness the documentary Blood and Dust – the number one mission: Saving lives.

http://documentarystorm.com/war-military/blood-and-dust/

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WouldDesk posted:

No, it turned out pretty good. Although the title suggest he will be making fun of Moore the entire film, it is nothing like that. He talks to people that have unwillingly been used in Moore's films as propaganda such as the bank featured in Bowling for Columbine , a soldier who lost both arms featured in Fahrenheit 9/11 , explaing that Moore flat out lied about growing up in Flynt, Michigan, and does interviews with other films makers. Penn Jillette and the filmmaker have a conversation that is shown in bits throughout also.

I enjoyed it, I also enjoy Moore's films (mainly Bowling) even if when watching you can tell what is edited. What the film does best is show how Michael Moore flat lies about how he said things were not edited, words were not cutout, and speeches were not pieced together in his films. Pretty amazing really that he just says "no, not edited :colbert:" even when proven wrong with evidence. It also shows that while Moore can demean and Slander others, when someone does it to him he turns into a child quite literally. He just yells at people and turns the argument on them. Nothing new from him but it is documented well here. Good watch whether you like Moore or not.

You seem to focus on Moore about this than the "I love America" part.

I'm personally someone who knows that the scene where a girl sells him bullets in Canada was complete bullshit. Didn't happen at all. He never walked out of a Wal-Mart with Canadian bullets.

It's nice that a documentary exposes Michael Moore as a hack documentarian (is that the right word?) because he deserves. I think "Capitalism: A Love Story" was probably his best, but I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers were a little wacky in them. He's the worst possible spokesman for a left winger fearing corporations and government.

Yet everything I've seen and heard about "Michael Moore Hates America" tends to fit more to what shotgunbadger was saying in that it borderlines and sometimes crosses libertarian stupidity. I'm gonna watch it sometime next week but I have a feeling even with my low opinion of Michael Moore, I'm going to enjoy it as much as Expelled.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Lone Rogue posted:

You seem to focus on Moore about this than the "I love America" part.

I'm personally someone who knows that the scene where a girl sells him bullets in Canada was complete bullshit. Didn't happen at all. He never walked out of a Wal-Mart with Canadian bullets.

It's nice that a documentary exposes Michael Moore as a hack documentarian (is that the right word?) because he deserves. I think "Capitalism: A Love Story" was probably his best, but I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers were a little wacky in them. He's the worst possible spokesman for a left winger fearing corporations and government.

Yet everything I've seen and heard about "Michael Moore Hates America" tends to fit more to what shotgunbadger was saying in that it borderlines and sometimes crosses libertarian stupidity. I'm gonna watch it sometime next week but I have a feeling even with my low opinion of Michael Moore, I'm going to enjoy it as much as Expelled.

I don't like Moore at all, so it's cute how he went all 'ooooh you're mad about this huh', but really it's just a terrible movie. He basically uses Moore's tricks to say 'gently caress you to Moore, but it's ok, he loves America! Go look for some of this dude's articles if you want to see him go into libertarian crazytown without wasting an hour and a half.

qxx
Dec 2, 2005

Only the wrong survive.
I've been reading this thread on an off over a couple weeks, so my apologies if this has been mentioned (I don't think it has).

End of the Century

Trailer: http://youtu.be/DNTRdcYOfN8

If you have any interest in modern (1975 or after) music, I highly suggest watching this. The story of The Ramones is pretty compelling, very interesting and a bit sad. If you're not a fan of their music, it's still a great watch. Plus you get to see/learn how much of a cocksucker Johnny Ramone is. One of the better music based docs I've seen.

Seems it's on YouTube

Part 1: http://youtu.be/WDOEE5XfJVs

qxx fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 13, 2011

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Woooie. I just watched Dear Zachary. That is probably one of the best filmed documentaries ever. It was really touching, everyone needs to see it. You won't finish it with dry eyes. :(

V-You're 100% right-V

Dead Pressed fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 13, 2011

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Dead Pressed posted:

Woooie. I just watched Dear Zachary. That is probably one of the best filmed documentaries ever. It was really touching, everyone needs to see it. You won't finish it with dry eyes. :(

I would say "devastating" is more of an apt word for this doc than "touching."

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?
Billy the Kid is on Hulu!

Hulu posted:

This award-winning documentary follows teenage rebel, Billy (diagnosed with mild autism after filming) as he rocks out to KISS, practices karate, utters profundities like, "I'm always at war with myself," and grapples with isolation and first love.

I saw this doc awhile ago and it's a perfect blend of heart warming and awkward.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Dead Pressed posted:

Personally, I liked MMHA, but I wasn't really a fan to begin with (didn't dislike him, either).

There's a rebuttal:

http://1trickpony.cachefly.net/gas/pdf/Affirming_Gasland_Sept_2010.pdf

Edit: and a recent Economist article on the issue for the heck of it: http://www.economist.com/node/18682288?story_id=18682288

By the way, both of those links are to sources which suffer from severe conflict of interest, i.e. they're both shills for the natural gas industry. You really ought to look for more neutral research on the issue.

Rated PG-34 fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 13, 2011

Selenite
Feb 17, 2011
http://www.archive.org/details/chickenhawk

Chickenhawk: it's pedos openly talking about their "boy love". It's pretty drat creepy to see how these guys think and how they don't believe that they're the ones in the wrong, just the poor abused victims of a repressive society that doesn't recognize children's rights to sexual freedom(puke). Yeah, we already know about that but to actually see it is something else. Typically, the film will show one of these pedos talking earnestly about their "boy love". Then the scene cuts to a distraught parent, sometimes on the verge of tears. One scene has a couple of kids talking about how one pedo was "weird".

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Modern art derail reminded me of Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child, which is on Netflix instant. Basquiat was a hell of a character; I'm pretty sure he was actually from outer space, and Julian Schnabel's biopic is underwhelming when compared to the real guy doing his thing. This documentary is full of great stuff about the downtown New York scene in the late 70s and early 80s, and worth watching just for that, but it also has a lot of footage of Basquiat actually making his glorious, insane paintings. Ultimately it's about the nature of celebrity, which has always been a huge part of art (much to the detriment of poor Basquiat, who died of an OD at the rock star-appropriate age of 27.)

It occurs to me that I may have already mentioned it in this or another documentary thread, but whatever, it's awesome (and would make that "Banishment of Beauty" guy's head explode.) Here's the trailer.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

El Goatherd posted:

I just discovered Mark Thomas's 'Secret Map of Britain', which is about all kinds of places and things in the UK that don't officially exist. It's completely fascinating, though I wonder if he'd have been able to do it in the current climate without getting arrested.

Edit : Youtube one goes out of sync, so here it is on Google video in one chunk - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2130977739763182534

I'm glad you posted this, I've seen it before and its brilliant. Well recommended!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I'm dying to see Jiro Dreams of Sushi from the recent Tribeca Festival. I haven't seen any distribution information about it beyond that festival... where can I find this movie?

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
I bet you haven't thought about these in forever:

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=s-Gqsjg9y-8
Terry Jones' Medieval Lives
Terry Jones, a dude from the original Monty Python comedy troupe, makes awesome documentaries. They're hilarious and delightful. These are about what life was really like for medieval people. edit: And for whatever awesome reason, they are apparently country-inspecific (you know the BBC usually tries to deny foreigners knowledge for some reason? You xenophobic bastards! :argh:)

He's made some other documentaries:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=terry+jones%2C+long&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

Ignore the white noise about the other Terry Jones that burned a Quran and got a bunch of people killed needlessly. Don't even accidentally click on them; that patronizes him.

permabanned
Aug 12, 2008

優しい野菜

The Scientist posted:

I bet you haven't thought about these in forever:

Terry Jones, a dude from the original Monty Python comedy troupe, makes awesome documentaries. They're hilarious and delightful. These are about what life was really like for medieval people. edit: And for whatever awesome reason, they are apparently country-inspecific (you know the BBC usually tries to deny foreigners knowledge for some reason? You xenophobic bastards! :argh:)
Blocked in Norway...

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Sex Slaves
A PBS Frontline documentary about sexual slavery in Eastern Europe. Watch a rescued slave's face break down as her pimp gets only 5 years probation for ruining her life.

I got some questions if anybody knows the answer:
1)How much does it cost for a pimp to acquire a foreign sex slave?
2)How much money does a sex slave bring in every month?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

permabanned posted:

Blocked in Norway...

I'm in the UK and it says its not available in my country. What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

The Scientist posted:

Terry Jones, a dude from the original Monty Python comedy troupe, makes awesome documentaries. They're hilarious and delightful. These are about what life was really like for medieval people. edit: And for whatever awesome reason, they are apparently country-inspecific...

Blocked in France.