Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SGT. Squeaks
Jun 18, 2003

Two men enter, one man leaves. That is the way of the hobotorium!
I'm a huge Sym-Bionic Titan fan, probably my favorite show on the network in the past few years. But maybe if all these people complaining that it hasn't been renewed actually watched it when it was on, it would still be on.

Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I didn't watch Sym-Bionic Titan because I could never remember what day it was on! I thought it was on friday but it was on with CN's stupid live action shows on like...thursday? At like 7:30? What a lovely timeslot.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
"Hey Lois! Remember that time Seth MacFarlane brought back The Flintstones on FOX?"
"yea-wait, what?"

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/yabba-dabba-doo-seth-macfarlane-finally-gets-go-ahead-to-reboot-the-flintstones/

quote:

UPDATE 2:15 PM: TOLDJA! Fox just announced the deal at its upfront this afternoon. Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said production on the animated series will begin production in Fall 2011 for a 2013 premiere on the Fox schedule. In a cross-studio collaboration, The Flintstones will be produced jointly by 20th Century Fox Television and Warner Bros Television. Dan Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and Kara Vallow (Family Guy) will serve as executive producers with Seth MacFarlane who says the very first cartoon character he drew at age 2 was Fred Flintstone. “So it’s appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise. Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat stupid guy with a wife who’s too good for him.” Added Reilly: “The Flintstones are among the funniest and most beloved characters in television history, and we can’t wait to introduce them to a whole new generation on Fox,” said Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “FOX has long been home to iconic families like the Simpsons and the Griffins, so I have no doubt that the Flintstones and the Rubbles are going to fit right in on our air.” He hinted that the deal for the show closed just hours before the presentation today -- just like I told you. In a video shown at the upfronts, MacFarlane shed some light on his plans for the remake: The characters will look the same but he'll introduce new technology, like "What is the animal version of an iPad?”

EXCLUSIVE: Seth MacFarlane is one of the busiest creatives in show business -- and he just got a lot busier. I've just learned that he's finally realized one of his life's ambitions: to reboot The Flintstones as a TV and film property. My scoop today follows years of very complicated negotiations between 20th Century Fox TV, where McFarlane is based, and Warner Bros Television, which owns the rights to the series after absorbing The Flintstones' famed producer Hanna-Barbera. Not only did the suits have a ton of deal points to work through, but I hear the "Yabba Dabba Doo" prehistoric family sitcom's rightholders were somewhat concerned how the classic series would be interpreted given MacFarlane's brand of raunchy comedies like Family Guy. (But, if you ask me, Universal's dreadful Flintstones films were the real abomination ...) So here are all the Hollywood players who had to unentangle this mess: MacFarlane's attorney Jim Jackoway, WME's Ari Emanuel and Greg Hodes; 20th Century Fox TV's Gary Newman, Ira Kurghan, and Howard Kurtzman; and Warner Bros Television's Peter Roth, Brett Paul and even Bruce Rosenblum. There's no broadcast date as of yet, but the reboot will air on Fox.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I never saw any of Symbiotic Titan season 2 because they moved it and I never had any idea when it was on.

It was only "ok" to me so I didn't really make any effort. But if it hadn't switched nights I would have kept watching.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Macaluso posted:

"Hey Lois! Remember that time Seth MacFarlane brought back The Flintstones on FOX?"
"yea-wait, what?"

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/yabba-dabba-doo-seth-macfarlane-finally-gets-go-ahead-to-reboot-the-flintstones/

I wonder what effect this will have on the cereal.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

thelaughingman posted:

I wonder what effect this will have on the cereal.

A cutaway gag in every box!

e: But seriously, I am not enthused about this. Is America really hurting for a Flintstones remake? I guess somebody at Hanna-Barbera saw The Looney Tunes Show and thought "We need to get on this boat!"

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Not really for this thread, since it's going to be a prime-time comedy (just as the original Flintstones was) rather than a cable kids show, but:

TwoPair posted:

e: But seriously, I am not enthused about this. Is America really hurting for a Flintstones remake? I guess somebody at Hanna-Barbera saw The Looney Tunes Show and thought "We need to get on this boat!"

Hanna-Barbera no longer exists, it's just a "brand name" used by Warner Bros. for the characters from that studio. Apparently, based on the article, the negotiations between MacFarlane/Fox and Warners to get this project off the ground started long before The Looney Tunes Show (MacFarlane is apparently a big Flintstones fan, and he actually got his start at H-B).

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm going to go against the grain and say that if they do it right and it isn't written by complete hacks, a Flintstones relaunch might actually be fun to watch.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
They have a really fine line to toe. The Flintstones is a BIG name, they need to make sure that they don't repeat the live action Flintstones movies. I'm interested to see what they try to do.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I'm curious to see what the writing will be like. Will the show stay G rated? Can a primetime animation even survive without edgy "adult" humor?

I guess they could make it like The Simpsons where there is enough adult humor to not be considered a kid's show but still tame enough to be family programming.

I just can't imagine a Seth Macfarlane show that doesn't rely on shock humor.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

For anyone mourning Chowder you should probably watch Gumball. It has sort of the same "feel" I guess. I mean there's only two episodes but the jokes have a pretty similar timing.

"I know what we need: a third best friend!"

"A third? Wouldn't that be weird?"

"Only if you make it weird. Would it be weird?"

OK so yeah that was one of the most subtext riddled things I think I've ever seen.
:suspense:

By the way, just what IS the relationship between Darwin and Gumball? Are they brothers, BFFs, life partners or what? I thought they were friends what with Darwin being a fish but the two are constantly together, I have yet to see Darwin's family seen or mentioned, and as of "The Third" it seems that apparently he and Gumball share a room. So now I'm just confused.

Martytoof posted:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that if they do it right and it isn't written by complete hacks, a Flintstones relaunch might actually be fun to watch.

The original sucked so I say swing away. We may even get something good out of it.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 17, 2011

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Flintstones wasn't really a "kids" show to begin with (they did a goddamn cigarette commercial.) It may seem tame as poo poo to people today but then a lot of TV was back then.

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009

readingatwork posted:

The original sucked

Blasphemy! The original are classics.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
What is the market for a new Flintstones anything? The Flintstones was stupid and not funny when my parents watched it. It remains stupid and not funny. There's nothing the show can possibly say or do The Simpsons hasn't done better unless you really want to see a little bird in an iPod shaped rock say "it's a living."

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

^^^^^ Seth MacFarlane wants to do it and Fox will do whatever the hell he wants as long as he can poo poo all over a piece of paper, call it a Family Guy script, and monologue with himself for 20 minutes a week.

muscles like this? posted:

The Flintstones wasn't really a "kids" show to begin with (they did a goddamn cigarette commercial.) It may seem tame as poo poo to people today but then a lot of TV was back then.

It was a cigarette commercial for awhile. Also wasn't there domestic violence or did that not make the transfer along with the rest of the honeymooners stuff?

readingatwork posted:

By the way, just what IS the relationship between Darwin and Gumball? Are they brothers, BFFs, life partners or what? I thought they were friends what with Darwin being a fish but the two are constantly together, I have yet to see Darwin's family seen or mentioned, and as of "The Third" it seems that apparently he and Gumball share a room. So now I'm just confused.

I think Darwin is a "pet" in the sense that they're not really related and Darwin doesn't have his own family or whatever, but in practice he's more of an equal? The mom treats Darwin like a son too in the DVD episode, I think. They both go to school and otherwise act as equals.

The show has a giant T-Rex that kills other characters on screen, does it really need to be explained?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

I think Darwin is a "pet" in the sense that they're not really related and Darwin doesn't have his own family or whatever, but in practice he's more of an equal? The mom treats Darwin like a son too in the DVD episode, I think. They both go to school and otherwise act as equals.

The show has a giant T-Rex that kills other characters on screen, does it really need to be explained?

Probably not? But I went and got the scoop from Wikipedia anyways:

Formerly Gumball's pet fish, he grew legs one day and became fast friends with Gumball. He subsequently became a member of the family. Due to his sudden introduction into the world, his world view is somewhat skewed and he tends to be more naive than other characters. He attents Elmore Junior High alongside Gumball.

Was this an episode? Because that's kind of awesome.

EDIT: HAHAHA! The next episode features Gumball thinking the world is going to end. If that's a coincidence then I'll eat my hat!*

*No. I won't really eat my hat. :colbert:

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 17, 2011

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Bass Bottles posted:

I'm curious to see what the writing will be like. Will the show stay G rated? Can a primetime animation even survive without edgy "adult" humor?

I guess they could make it like The Simpsons where there is enough adult humor to not be considered a kid's show but still tame enough to be family programming.

I was thinking the same thing. A few years ago, Cartoon Network had a Flintstones TV-movie called "On the Rocks" which was about the Flintstones' marital woes during a trip to Mexico. It was an attempt to get the characters back to their roots (back when the series was more "adult-oriented" and dealt with relationship humor rather than goofy characters and premises), and was actually pretty good. There were a couple of risqué jokes here and there, but not wall-to-wall raunch. If MacFarlane and company could do a balance like that, it might actually be entertaining to watch.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

readingatwork posted:

Probably not? But I went and got the scoop from Wikipedia anyways:

Formerly Gumball's pet fish.....

Was this an episode? Because that's kind of awesome.
No but now I'm hoping they do an origin episode now cause holy poo poo I would love to see that.

I'm not sure what to feel for the whole Flintstone reboot, but I'll wait and see when it's ready.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
So, apparently, drat near 30 years later, The Mysterious Cities of Gold is getting a second season. :psyduck:

That's one hell of a turnaround period.

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009
I wonder if its going to be another Franco-Japanese production.

Its weird watching shows I saw a kid and realizing how many of them were technically anime.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Cartoon Network is the best they've been since the late 90s, it's not that the network has gotten worse it's that after a decade of obsessive cartoon-watching nothing can live up to those fuzzy childhood memories of yesteryear when the idea of a cartoon that wasn't re-runs of Looney Toons or Hannah-Barbera was new and exciting..

You can't really say that when they fill most of their daytime schedule with those lovely live-action 90s-era-Nickelodeon shows, though.

mobo85 posted:

I was thinking the same thing. A few years ago, Cartoon Network had a Flintstones TV-movie called "On the Rocks" which was about the Flintstones' marital woes during a trip to Mexico. It was an attempt to get the characters back to their roots (back when the series was more "adult-oriented" and dealt with relationship humor rather than goofy characters and premises), and was actually pretty good. There were a couple of risqué jokes here and there, but not wall-to-wall raunch. If MacFarlane and company could do a balance like that, it might actually be entertaining to watch.

I totally forgot about that movie, that had to be at least a decade or so ago.

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 18, 2011

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Chibs posted:

So, apparently, drat near 30 years later, The Mysterious Cities of Gold is getting a second season. :psyduck:

I've never even heard of this one. Was it any good?

Edit: Aparently it's on Netflix instant queue. I guess I can find out for myself. o_O;

Edit 2: Beaten like a dead hooker

Edit 3: Dear lord I'd forgotten how bad voice acting used to be!

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 18, 2011

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009

readingatwork posted:

I've never even heard of this one. Was it any good?

If you have netflix, its on the instant queue. Alot of people seemed to like it, haven't really heard any complaints.

From the couple of episodes I've seen, its better then most children shows out there.

Catchty intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcH_ZTF6smY

edit: One thing I did like was that it didn't treat kids as though they were idiots. For the audience it was catering too, it had some more "complex" themes and tropes compared to other kid's shows.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chibs posted:

I'm a huge fan of this show and I've been following this sequel news for almost three years now. It made me so happy to see those posts yesterday because that's the first real news in a long long time.

Probably my favorite cartoon ever. And is the only one that I like just as much, if not better, as an adult than I did as a kid.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

JammyLammy posted:

I wonder if its going to be another Franco-Japanese production.

Its weird watching shows I saw a kid and realizing how many of them were technically anime.

It's weird watching shows from back in the day and realizing how many of them originated from Europe. I never even knew The Smurfs were Belgian in origin until recently. Before then I always sort of assumed that they were a product 1980's American culture. :downs:

Anyway, yeah, a second season of MCoG? Not that I'm complaining or anything, but after that long, can you even call it a second season? There should be a different name for something like that. Hell, I'm pretty sure the audience they're going to be aiming for with that show wasn't even born yet when the first season aired. Hell, I wasn't even born yet when that show first debuted (I was born in '84). I remember that show from pre-Nicktoons Nickelodeon, back when they did Grimm's Fairy Tales and stuff like that, and that was WAY back in the day.

It could be a wise move though. A well-written MCoG reboot could be just the thing to fill the void left by "Avatar: The Last Airbender".

JammyLammy posted:

Catchty intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcH_ZTF6smY

Oh hell yeah! I remember that the most! I used to watch that show just for the intro alone. They don't do intro sequences like that anymore. Hell, some cartoons don't do intro sequences at all anymore (Regular Show).

Macrame_God fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 18, 2011

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

JammyLammy posted:

I was surprised to learn this about Maple Town. I had the toys, actually. :3: It's the whole reason I love Animal Crossing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Macrame_God posted:

Oh hell yeah! I remember that the most! I used to watch that show just for the intro alone. They don't do intro sequences like that anymore. Hell, some cartoons don't do intro sequences at all anymore (Regular Show).

Almost every show that production company did had a great intro. Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea was my favorite. Although it's been completely wiped from Youtube.

http://www.retrojunk.com/tv/videos/667-spartakus-and-the-sun-beneath-the-sea/1959/

Ulysses 31 was pretty awesome too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4c1X5ene8

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
So, anybody like BraveStarr?

I saw an episode about a week ago, and was surprised by how good it was, considering it was done by the studio that did He-Man, which I was never all that into.

I may just be a fan of Thirty-Thirty though, because the idea of a gun-toting cyborg horse is just awesome.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Just when they couldn't make the concept of Lola Bunny any worse, they turn her into a Kristen Wiig character :suicide:

I'm actually watching this episode right now; it was kind of a diabolically brilliant idea to make her character a girl who shoves herself down everyone's throat, given that her character in Space Jam was born out of studio executives who wanted to force a love interest onto the movie.

And I'll be damned, she really is a Kristen Wiig character. And Fred Armisen voices Speedy Gonzales.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Every time I see The Looney Tunes show on it's always the Best Friends episode, but I saw a promo with Lola bunny where she has a shopping cart accident with bugs and it was kinda :3:

okay the episode where bugs and lola go on a date is on and I like Lola's character :3:

e: yeah this episode is great

Sockser fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 23, 2011

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I hate Johnny Test so much. Every single thing about it is bad. Zero redeeming qualities at all. And it's on ALL THE TIME. It seems like every time I leave CN on for longer than an hour Johnny Test is loving on.

New Gumball tonight though :3:

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Sockser posted:

okay the episode where bugs and lola go on a date is on and I like Lola's character :3:

I saw that one today too, first time I actually saw the show. Pretty funny, even if Lola was really annoying. But it was more well done than I expected/saw from the short clips.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I hate Johnny Test so much. Every single thing about it is bad. Zero redeeming qualities at all. And it's on ALL THE TIME. It seems like every time I leave CN on for longer than an hour Johnny Test is loving on.

Johnny Test is like someone tried to make a Dexter's Lab clone without really knowing everything that made Dexter's Lab so great.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

dirksteadfast posted:

Johnny Test is like someone tried to make a Dexter's Lab clone without really knowing everything that made Dexter's Lab so great.

It's not the beard on the outside that matters. It's the beard on the inside.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Chibs posted:

GOT MY BALCONY HOOKERS
GOT MY BALCONY COCAINE

The fact that they're taking from Voltron and not Go-Lion is the problem. Go-Lion was the unedited version of Voltron and it was more violent then any of the fists of the north star. The team members actively killed people, and I don't mean blam blam you're dead(and they die off screen) I mean they tore limbs off people and you saw explosing showers of blood. People who did get shot usualy lost their lower jaw, they even had a sequence when a baby exploded in a nuclear holocaust. The bad guys killed people too, infact one episode was just centered around how many people he could kill. Pretty much every episode involved one horribly violent death. The space beast battles were relatively tame to everything else, but Voltron did tear off the arm of some monster, shoved it through it's chest and then a tidal wave of blood drowns the city before the body explodes.

But when they brought Go-Lion over to America and renamed it Voltron they took all of that out.
:nws:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgR-jrmWXoI&list=SL
Here's a link to one of the episodes, notice how many people get cut in half.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XxixVskUuw&list=SL
And this one is about rain that's actually blood that rains down on people and causes them to explode. :colbert:

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 24, 2011

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
If you get the chance check out the latest episode of Gumball. Surprisingly the end times episode was the less funny of the two. This show is turning out to actually be pretty decent! I hope they keep this up.

Also, I just checked out the first disc of season 1 of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and while it wasn't terrible I just don't get the adoration it gets from some people. It's not all that funny, the characters are all sort of generic, the story-lines are nothing to write home about, and the animation varies wildly from pretty good (particularly with the background work) to fairly meh-inspiring (the big brother looked TERRIBLE). It also really bothered me that the imaginary friends are real creatures that everyone can see and are widely known about. So... kids are just able to create sentient life forms at will? If they are actually real then why is it considered so immature to not give them up? Seriously on that one. Why are people in this world such assholes to creatures that have done nothing for most of their childhood years but be an emotional support? Furthermore, why is there no government system in place to deal with the inevitable yearly wave of discarded friends? Why would any kid adopt an imaginary friend in the first place if they can just make the one they want at any time? Why do none of the friends appear human? If Mac hadn't found the Foster's what would "getting rid" of Blue actually have entailed? Did we narrowly dodge an Old Yeller-style ending to all of this?

Damnit children's television program! EXPLAIN! :argh:

I'm probably over-thinking this one but these are some serious plot holes and they appear in the very first episode. Compared to the fairly solid foundations of P&P and AT this premise just seems really poorly thought out. Which is a shame because I think you can do neat things with the basic idea. Am I just not seeing something here? Is FHfIF one of those shows that gets better over time or is this one just not for me?

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Vaerai Archon posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XxixVskUuw&list=SL
And this one is about rain that's actually blood that rains down on people and causes them to explode. :colbert:

The Japanese have an amazing ability to combine pure horror with utter cuteness, thus increasing the horror quotient tenfold. They cut from people bursting into flame to cute little mousies sobbing.

Well, and it occurs to me that this whole business of blood rain causing people to explode doesn't just come out of thin air. :nws:

readingatwork posted:

If you get the chance check out the latest episode of Gumball. Surprisingly the end times episode was the less funny of the two. This show is turning out to actually be pretty decent! I hope they keep this up.

Am I reading too much into it if I think it took huevos to air an episode about the apocalypse two days after "the Rapture?" :D

The second episode about the dress was wonderfully silly. Gumball's really growing on me.

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009
So I finally sat down and watched The Looney Tunes. Its alright, typical sitcom style. Just echoing the idea that I think it would have worked better without the Looney Tune characters, its sort of distracting for those who grew up with them.

Then again, I suppose the show isn't really for those people =/

On a side note, The Regular Show is fantastic.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Vaerai Archon posted:

The fact that they're taking from Voltron and not Go-Lion is the problem. Go-Lion was the unedited version of Voltron and it was more violent then any of the fists of the north star. The team members actively killed people, and I don't mean blam blam you're dead(and they die off screen) I mean they tore limbs off people and you saw explosing showers of blood. People who did get shot usualy lost their lower jaw, they even had a sequence when a baby exploded in a nuclear holocaust. The bad guys killed people too, infact one episode was just centered around how many people he could kill. Pretty much every episode involved one horribly violent death. The space beast battles were relatively tame to everything else, but Voltron did tear off the arm of some monster, shoved it through it's chest and then a tidal wave of blood drowns the city before the body explodes.

But when they brought Go-Lion over to America and renamed it Voltron they took all of that out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgR-jrmWXoI&list=SL
Here's a link to one of the episodes, notice how many people get cut in half.

Man, that poo poo's hosed up.
I remember learning about this a couple of years ago when they started putting out Golion DVDs, but is there anything like this about the inferior vehicle Voltron? IIRC its original name was Dairugger XV or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

raditts posted:

Man, that poo poo's hosed up.
I remember learning about this a couple of years ago when they started putting out Golion DVDs, but is there anything like this about the inferior vehicle Voltron? IIRC its original name was Dairugger XV or something like that.

Yes the Vehicle Voltron sequels are equally as brutal. Allthough some of the screams they have for people are downright nervewracking. They did release the unedited Vehicle Voltron DVDs under the original name.

On a related note While Gatchaman and Macross were edited in a similar fashion, they were never as violent as Go-Lion was. Gatchaman had the story removed essentialy as well as the cultural refernces and woman beating. The early episodes of Gatchaman also had alot of the prop models removed that were heavily present in the Japanese episodes. They built scale models of whatever monster they were fighting in the episode and blew them up.