Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl
This newer version of 'Hate Ashbury' is also pretty drat good.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Also are you DiscouragedDays on Last.Fm by any chance?

Yeah, that's me :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MR.B posted:

Yeah, that's me :)
Ha guessed from your comments on the band page.

"Your musical compatibility with DiscouragedDays is SUPER
Music you have in common includes Bongripper, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Ufomammut and Between the Buried and Me."

:krad:

\/\/\/
Love the album cover.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 13, 2011

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
aight sorry for spamming but we have a bandcamp up:

http://woodrue.bandcamp.com/

shiatza
May 15, 2005

shiatza fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 7, 2015

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
Holy gently caress, the Hate Ashbury LP is insanely heavy/awesome.

I recently (in the past six months) got into stoner/doom/sludge/etc. and my first taste of Bongripper was Satan Worshipping Doom, which I thought was fantastic.

Also:

Dyna Soar posted:

I really like what is going on here. The vocals feel a little... off to me, but new singer and all, as long as he keeps practicing he'll figure out his style and refine it.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

HMorg posted:

Yeah, this is some really kickass stuff. Are you planning on doing gigs in the future?
Edit2: Also, have you printed or are you planning to print a physical release of this?

Yeah we'll definitely do gigs once our drummer & guitarist get back from their road trip in the US, which would be by july or august. There will possibly be some cd-r's but we're planning on doing a 7'' with Dopefiend and Circle of 13. My only worry is if Circle of 13 will fit on a 7'' and how much would we have to shorten it if it won't.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Dyna Soar posted:

Yeah we'll definitely do gigs once our drummer & guitarist get back from their road trip in the US, which would be by july or august. There will possibly be some cd-r's but we're planning on doing a 7'' with Dopefiend and Circle of 13. My only worry is if Circle of 13 will fit on a 7'' and how much would we have to shorten it if it won't.

I guess it would fit, since Hooded Menace's Eyless Horde 7" has a track that is slightly longer. It would just have to be 33rpm.

Anyway, you could do a 10" and fit all the songs or then do a split 12" with ECW, since the band we were planning to do a split with doesn't seem to be getting their tracks recorded.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

MR.B posted:

This newer version of 'Hate Ashbury' is also pretty drat good.

I'm having difficulty understanding why chopping out the droney parts is a good thing. But, I happen to like them.

Also, they finally put The Great Barrier Reefer and Heroin up for purchase. Here, guys, have some more of my money!!

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.

Dyna Soar posted:

I like this!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

HMorg posted:

Anyway, you could do a 10" and fit all the songs or then do a split 12" with ECW, since the band we were planning to do a split with doesn't seem to be getting their tracks recorded.

Tää kiinnostaa. Pist mailii lauri.leppanen1@gmail.com niin mennään bisselle puhumaan asiasta..

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
e:

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 5, 2015

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
Gotta recommend that anyone that hasn't given them a listen, check out Witch Mountain. I'm really enjoying this, it's like Electric Wizard meets The Devil's Blood, or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

im_sorry posted:

Also, they finally put The Great Barrier Reefer and Heroin up for purchase. Here, guys, have some more of my money!!

I'd never heard Heroin before and it's incredible. Totally great for zoning out.

Psychedelius
Apr 24, 2010

Rion.exe posted:

check out Witch Mountain

Witch Mountain are definitely worth checking out. Their new album is available on their bandcamp for the ol' name-your-price dealio (meaning free for the avaraciously inclined).
Strong female vocals are an absolute rarity in these beard-centric genres and they are truly exceptional on this album.

Psychedelius fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 15, 2011

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Rion.exe posted:

Gotta recommend that anyone that hasn't given them a listen, check out Witch Mountain. I'm really enjoying this, it's like Electric Wizard meets The Devil's Blood, or something.

Kinda reminds me of Grace Slick a little. I'm enjoying this quite a bit.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Psychedelius posted:

Witch Mountain are definitely worth checking out. Their new album is available on their bandcamp for the ol' name-your-price dealio (meaning free for the avaraciously inclined).
Strong female vocals are an absolute rarity in these beard-centric genres and they are truly exceptional on this album.

I just bought it.

I paid :420:. (Cents, of course)

edit: I also noticed that Stoned Jesus has First Communion as a free download at http://stonedjesus.bandcamp.com/album/first-communion

I bought it a few weeks ago for $5 from Klicktrack.com a few weeks ago. Oh well.. It's a good album, and they deserve the money!

edit again: Actually, when you download the album, it only contains one track - Red Wine. Oh well.. Download it anyways, and then give them your money on Klicktrack, because while Red Wine is really good, Black Woods is loving awesome.

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 16, 2011

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Rion.exe posted:

Reminds of Invasion... sort of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKxXIyHKBzQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntvbbFKeV-c

Dyna Soar, your band kicks rear end and your demo now lives inside my ipod.

edit: Bongripper. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.
Holy poo poo Invasion. Thank you. This is awesome.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
A full set of New Jersey’s Sadgiqacea devastating KFN with their blend of psychedelic sludge. Drop acid and bang your head.

Sadgiqacea @ KFN 2-23-2011

Psychedelius
Apr 24, 2010

Something that might be of interest:

Stream Heavy Rocks (2011) in its entirety
Stream Attention Please in its entirety

e: Halfway through Heavy Rocks and I'm loving it. Although it's not quite as heavy as I was expecting.

Psychedelius fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 16, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Psychedelius posted:

Something that might be of interest:

Stream Heavy Rocks (2011) in its entirety

Thanks for this!

Wait, is Attention Please different from New Album that came out a few months ago?

Boris are productive, god drat. (Although that album they did with Merzbow recently was just stuff from Akuma No Uta IIRC)

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 16, 2011

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
Second track had some poppy dance poo poo going on. I wish Boris wasn't so out of their mind. So many good records in the past and I feel like everything recently has been awful. Their newer fan base is wretched as well.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Thanks for this!

Wait, is Attention Please different from New Album that came out a few months ago?

Boris are productive, god drat. (Although that album they did with Merzbow recently was just stuff from Akuma No Uta IIRC)

There's tracks from New Album on both albums, but it seems like completely different mixes. I was quite surprised that I liked Attention Please a little better than Heavy Rocks, but the latter definitely had its moments.

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.
I honestly can't stop listening to INVASION. gently caress, that's some good poo poo right there. Sadgiqacea is pretty boss too, is that a joke on a plant name? Sounds like it. Sagi: prescience, cacia: herb.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

amplifier worship posted:

I honestly can't stop listening to INVASION. gently caress, that's some good poo poo right there. Sadgiqacea is pretty boss too, is that a joke on a plant name? Sounds like it. Sagi: prescience, cacia: herb.

Im not sure on the exact origination but they are heavily nature influenced.

Winston Chill
Aug 24, 2008

Fine and dandy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q8DppYVEL8

Well, I guess new Red Fang is pretty kick rear end.

Winston Chill fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 17, 2011

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Winston Chill posted:

Fantastic!

Psychedelius
Apr 24, 2010

Aw, I was so close to picking up their new LP today but I already spent so much money on music this month. :arghfist::(

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Hello doomthread.

Just stopping by to say that we have a new album out. Check out the artwork, courtesy of Dennis Dread.

Someone uploaded a track to youtube, so I guess that works as a preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWUcstTOijE

Real actual CDs are available from
The Anja Offensive(us)
Nuclear Winter Records (eur)

Oh, and there will be a vinyl, sometime.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

saigon_15 posted:

Oh, and there will be a vinyl, sometime.

I mentioned this already a couple of days ago. Be sure to tell us when the vinyl drops. I'm afraid I'll have to wait for that.

In other news, I was pleasantly surprised with "Attention Please". I was afraid it was going to be more obnoxiously poppy, but it's really filled with good Borisness. Haven't received my copy of "Heavy Rocks" yet, though.

And ECW finally got a website made: http://ecwdoom.com
Here's also a studio montage video: http://youtu.be/YzdYKVuklrA

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Winston Chill posted:

That whole album is incredible. I've been listening to it almost daily since I got it.

By the way, might be more sludgecore but is anyone into Raging Speedhorn and could recommend more bands like them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7kK-g0-gRg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owFpgl3uT1g

Toymachine fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 18, 2011

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
All right... new goon bands have been added to the OP. Let me know if I've missed some bands or important links, won't you?

There's been some great suggestions in the past few pages - I love the new Bongripper single and doom-only Hate Ashbury, especially for how ridiculously cheap they are.

There's also a new Horseback full-length The Gorgon Tongue, which is a compilation of two lesser-known releases (Impale Golden Horn and Forbidden Planet) and is really great. The album art is also epic and sums up the feel of the album incredibly:

(click for massive)

I'd love to comment on all of the other bands mentioned - Woodrue, Red Fang etc, but really it all boils down to "this is really good music" so let's leave it there.

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 18, 2011

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
I don't think this has been mentioned, but Beastwars' self-titled is fairly solid, kind of The Sword style stuff with a heavier layer of fuzz.

http://beastwars.bandcamp.com/album/beastwars

It also helps that they have a really sick album cover:

Grey Dynamite
Sep 28, 2010

EkoEkoAzarak posted:

Second track had some poppy dance poo poo going on. I wish Boris wasn't so out of their mind. So many good records in the past and I feel like everything recently has been awful. Their newer fan base is wretched as well.

Honestly, I prefer a Boris that's taking risks and producing varied albums- even if not all the tracks are individually strong- to one that just rests on its laurels. Some really good stuff on Heavy Rocks for me so far, but it's odd that most of the stuff I'm liking the most is towards the end- Heavy Rocks the First was the other way round for me.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

Grey Dynamite posted:

Honestly, I prefer a Boris that's taking risks and producing varied albums- even if not all the tracks are individually strong- to one that just rests on its laurels. Some really good stuff on Heavy Rocks for me so far, but it's odd that most of the stuff I'm liking the most is towards the end- Heavy Rocks the First was the other way round for me.

I'd certainly prefer them to write interesting music, but they've been going overboard with crappy songs.

Smile was great. Everything since then has been awful.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Liking the new Heavy Rocks so far.
Would love to see Boris live.

\/\/\/
Would also love to check out Torche live, those guys rock.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 19, 2011

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Would love to see Boris live.

You take your chances when you check out one of their shows. I saw them in 2008 with Torche opening, and Torche absolutely blew them off the stage. Their energy was so incredible that Boris's set was like watching paint dry by comparison. They did play some more rocking stuff, but the drummer kept yelling into his headset mic and ruining the songs.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
With Boris, does anyone know what styles the new albums are? they can't all be the same I suppose. Specifically Attention Please which looks like another New Album (<3^^ ^-^ <3^^)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New Album and Attention Please are pop rock-y, Heavy Rocks is stoner rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

New Album is an anime soundtrack.

Attention Please is an entire album of dark, mellow songs with Wata singing and fuzz solos.

Heavy Rocks has a lot of crushingly heavy thick riffage but also a bit of their bizarro experimental hair metal ala Heavy Rock Hits.

edit: Don't forget, Boris also released another super-limited collaborative EP this year with Merzbow called 'Klatter'. It includes some rerecordings from Akuma No Uta and a Jane cover.

plester1 fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 19, 2011