Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
With the exception of Ralph, no one on the show works for Howard. They all negotiate with Sirius.

Just like back on the KROCK days, they all negotiated with the radio station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Bonzo posted:

With the exception of Ralph, no one on the show works for Howard. They all negotiate with Sirius.

Just like back on the KROCK days, they all negotiated with the radio station.

So I wonder if Howard really got pissed off at one of the staff and wanted them off his show, could he actually get them fired, or would Sirius just transfer them over to another channel in the building.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I've noticed that I can't get through a show without yelling "shut the gently caress up Robin," especially during interviews.

Am I alone here?

there's no way I'm alone here

Also, I'm listening to the show last week with Jimmy KImmel and am blown away that it took another person to point out to Ronnie the double entendre of the More-Ronnie show. I mean the guy is ignorant as gently caress.

Ronnie is at Eric the Midget levels of unawareness that he's being trolled.

That level is someone thinking they are a star and not the butt of a joke.

chiz fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 29, 2011

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I normally rag on Beth but she looks looks smokin' in this pic Howard tweeted

http://twitpic.com/545iu5

just needs to go T-O-P-L-E-S-S

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

kylej posted:

Howard actually seems like a decent photographer too. My Father in law took up photograph a few years ago and I think the vast majority of his photos don't look as professional as Howie's do. However, Howard does have a lot more money to spend on lighting equipment and is married to a beautiful model, as horse faced as she is.

I read the book "The Game" by that guy who interviewed Howard for Rolling Stone a few months back. It was ridiculous. Apparently you can get hot chicks by kind of insulting them when you first meet them. It's called "Droppin' Negs." Maybe that's why everyone calls Beth horse faced.

Also, I only read the game when I wanted something lighter than "The Big Short" (which was awesome, but I'm obviously making excuses as to why I was reading the game).

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

burmart posted:

I read the book "The Game" by that guy who interviewed Howard for Rolling Stone a few months back. It was ridiculous. Apparently you can get hot chicks by kind of insulting them when you first meet them. It's called "Droppin' Negs." Maybe that's why everyone calls Beth horse faced.

This post is sponsored by Ashley Madison. Because everybody cheats! Yes, everyone including you, the listener. So what are you waiting for? Are you cheating yet?!

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

burmart posted:

I think calling a girl horse faced would be taking it a bit too far. Saying "Hey nice dress, did you make that from a shower curtain" is one thing.
Saying "Hey you look like a loving horse" is totally different. On the other hand, if it works then hey....

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

chiz posted:

I've noticed that I can't get through a show without yelling "shut the gently caress up Robin," especially during interviews.

Am I alone here?

there's no way I'm alone here

Uh, have you even read this thread? All we do is rag on Robin.

and The Game is a great book. gently caress the haters.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Please share some of your PUA success stories :cool:

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
"Hey nice dress, did you make that from a shower curtain" is NOT a neg. "Hey, nice dress. Is that from Goodwill?" is a neg.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Or "Hey nice dress, it looks soo much better than expensive dresses that everyone else is wearing"

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

There's a zero percent chance those lines have worked on any woman in the history of ever.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Smeep posted:

There's a zero percent chance those lines have worked on any woman in the history of ever.

Only if you say them in Guatemala to a woman with ayahuasca up her rear end.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

AxeManiac posted:

Only if you say them in Guatemala to a woman with ayahuasca up her rear end.

While throwing cookies and candies at her.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

EngineerJoe posted:

While throwing cookies and candies at her.

UAHAHAHAHAHA you guys are so silly. UAHAHAHAHAAHA.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

kylej posted:

Beth looks amazing if you shoot her from the right angles.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Glumwheels posted:

Beth looks amazing if you shoot her from the right angles.

:goonsay:

seriously dude Beth is a model

Eb
May 6, 2003

-Atom- posted:

seriously dude Beth is a model
I was gonna say, Beth is a model.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
AGAIN, Beth is a model.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Beth is a triangle.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Yikes, Artie really was an rear end in a top hat to Gary: http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/they-call-me-baba-booey-paperback-has-new-chapter-new-artie-lange-insights

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Well Gary's a prick for exploiting Artie's issues to make money so I guess they're even. Seriously, that's a book about his childhood and oh, look, he's cramming in a chapter about the show in the paperback to try and sell more copies.

That's cash grab bullshit so gently caress Gary.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

"After the gang of comics (and Gary) missed their flight home"

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

scapulataf posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWqONs0RSvc

Rabbi Gottfried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCoWrqu7Fnw

Rabbi Farrakhan (listen to this one after Rabbi Gottfried)

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Well Gary's a prick for exploiting Artie's issues to make money so I guess they're even. Seriously, that's a book about his childhood and oh, look, he's cramming in a chapter about the show in the paperback to try and sell more copies.

That's pretty drat low. Gary just wants to sell some more books and figures the only way is to go through Artie. I hope he gets reamed for it, but I imagine nothing will be said because it's still a touchy subject.

ddewy
May 23, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

AGAIN, Beth is a model.

There is a strom front moving into chick a go.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

Artie doesn't need Gary crying in public over their relationship & talking about his drug use. Unbelievable.

Howard doesn't want to even bring Artie on air to visit, because he's not sure how he'll react..

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

I can see Howard not mentioning this on the show but reaming Gary behind the scenes. Gary is a gigantic prick for doing this.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
So Howard won't talk about Artie and his breakdown, etc on the air because he feels it is inappropriate, but Gary thinks it is okay to talk about in his stupid book?

Gary is a giant rear end in a top hat.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Gary is also a huge human being pussy for taking being berated like a child for years and years by Howard. He has nothing interesting to add to anything, and that book is a loving joke. Lists of songs that sound good on a jukebox? Booking Joan Rivers six times a year? He's a horrible producer. Fire him and keep will and jason.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

What a lovely "friend". Instead of showing concern for a "friend" that obviously had a drug problem, Gary pulls the "Poor Me" gimmick.

nukem
Jun 6, 2003

Yes, I love that man of mine.
Seems like he's learned perfectly from his bawf.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

Gary is also a huge human being pussy for taking being berated like a child for years and years by Howard. He has nothing interesting to add to anything, and that book is a loving joke. Lists of songs that sound good on a jukebox? Booking Joan Rivers six times a year? He's a horrible producer. Fire him and keep will and jason.

Maybe now he can get his choice of chicken pieces that he is acting like a boff now.

Eb
May 6, 2003

Bonzo posted:

What a lovely "friend". Instead of showing concern for a "friend" that obviously had a drug problem, Gary pulls the "Poor Me" gimmick.
No that's what I'm saying, Gary pulls the "poor me" gimmick.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Eb posted:

No that's what I'm saying, Gary pulls the "poor me" gimmick.

I will also go on record as saying that Gary will claim that no one had a problem when Artie added a chapter about drug use in Too Fat To Fish so why is everyone saying something now.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Seems like Howard isn't the only one cashing in on and destroying years of fan cred.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Evil Agita posted:

Seems like Howard isn't the only one cashing in on and destroying years of fan cred.

Three days a week?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Yeah. 3 days a week is pretty weak, and it'll totally become a permanent thing. Making that deal pretty much shows he doesn't give a poo poo what people think anymore.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Not to shift blame, but at this point we saw it coming. Howard doesn't give a poo poo and spent a lot of time this year softsoaping the fans so they could stay on (interviews, being charming during them, et cetera). Those who are really bothered by it are already gone or downloading the show online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Evil Agita posted:

Yeah. 3 days a week is pretty weak, and it'll totally become a permanent thing.

I have some grudging respect for what he's doing. He's basically doing a controlled fade away. He continues to play up the fact that he's still relevant to his hardcore fans and at public appearances, but at the same time he's doing everything he can to undermine his own legacy in practice. Here's the thing though: the appearance is what matters in show business. If Howard continues to maintain the appearance until he's doing one show a month where he interviews Joan Rivers and has Deee-Lite playing an acoustic version of "Groove Is In The Heart" over and over again, he still sort of wins.