Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Clown posted:

Has SABConnect++ for Chrome broken for anyone else?

A new version came out. I had to re-do my settings, not a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Clown posted:

Has SABConnect++ for Chrome broken for anyone else?

not for me, but i had to manually update to 0.5 https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/okphadhbbjadcifjplhifajfacbkkbod

(new author or something)

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
I'm on 0.5.2 and I redid my settings but it when I test connection, it keeps saying failed. Doesn't matter whether I use my internal address or the external address. Works in the browser though so it's running. Mrgh.

MOLLUSC
Nov 30, 2005

Clown posted:

I'm on 0.5.2 and I redid my settings but it when I test connection, it keeps saying failed. Doesn't matter whether I use my internal address or the external address. Works in the browser though so it's running. Mrgh.

Is your API correct? I had to re-enter mine after it updated.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
Yup, I copy and paste like a pro :)
It won't even load my SABnzbd page from the icon. I'll try and delete it and install it again tomorrow.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Mine works except that now I don't get toaster style popups when my downloads complete. Not sure if that happened from the update or from installing Sickbeard and rerouting my post-processing to it.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
Hmmm. The NZB.su integration doesn't work either, even after making a new API key in SAB.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

duz posted:

1) You should set your connection limit to less than your total allowed. Usually around six is all you need for full speed.
2) The classic theme doesn't update automatically, you have to hit refresh. You can enable it to or you can use a different theme.
Really late response, but...any themes to suggest? I am used to using Newsleecher so anything along those lines I'd love. Pretty much just hoping to find a constantly updating view that allows me to see what's being downloaded.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Clown posted:

Hmmm. The NZB.su integration doesn't work either, even after making a new API key in SAB.

Probably because nzb.su has its own sab integration. If you are having this many issues just use the blackhole.

Suniikaa
Jul 4, 2004

Johnny Walker Wisdom

gepgepgep posted:

Really late response, but...any themes to suggest? I am used to using Newsleecher so anything along those lines I'd love. Pretty much just hoping to find a constantly updating view that allows me to see what's being downloaded.

Just use Plush like everyone else :D

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
It's not SAB's fault, but it really brings me down when a multi-rarset nzb fails to extract. This time it was the par sets not being correct, but it takes me back to 1999 or 2000 having to extract things manually. Gross!

I had to redo my SABConnect chrome extension settings recently, and now it's not passing categories from nzbs.com. Where should I be looking to fix it?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Suniikaa posted:

Just use Plush like everyone else :D
Figured out how to set it up with constant refreshes, and seem to have resolved issues with connections now. Plush does indeed seem to be the best of the included ones. Thanks to you and Duz for the advice.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Has anyone used SABCommand for the iPad with sabnzbd? I like it a lot but it names nzbs from nzbmatrix the most bizarre titles. I realiz I can change them but it's a pretty big annoyance.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I use myNZB but it looks like pretty much the same thing, but prettier.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Roving Reporter posted:

Jeez, you aren't lying. myNZB looks far and away better than that other app. Also, I don't have any problem with it renaming stuff from any of the search providers.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

This is more of a Windows permissions thing but does anyone else have issues with Couchpotato or Sickbeard loading when Windows starts up?

Both shortcuts are in my Startup folder with "start as an administrator" checked, yet I manually have to click them which brings a UAC prompt.

I have no such problems with SABnzbd, so it must be something stupid that I'm overlooking.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Roving Reporter posted:

This is more of a Windows permissions thing but does anyone else have issues with Couchpotato or Sickbeard loading when Windows starts up?

Both shortcuts are in my Startup folder with "start as an administrator" checked, yet I manually have to click them which brings a UAC prompt.

I have no such problems with SABnzbd, so it must be something stupid that I'm overlooking.

You can relax the UAC settings or turn them off completely like I did. If you have UAC set strict enough I think it still asks even if you have the administrator box checked.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I sometimes wonder if anyone at Microsoft actually uses UAC. I turned it off for administrator accounts and have all my Usenet programs built into Task Scheduler in the event of an overnight Windows Update or something.

For those interested, the problem that I had where SABnzbd overrode all other internet access doesn't seem to occur if I speedlimit downloads to 1.2 MB/s. Also, it only seems to happen with SABnzbd: Bittorrent can download at 1.7 MB/s+ without blocking web access. I've set SAB's settings to pause or cap download speeds during high-demand periods, and haven't had a problem since.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I'm trying to use the 'send to my sabnzbd' button on nzb.su to instantaneously send files to sabnzbd, but it's not working, unlike nzbs.org.

I assume nzbs.org uses nzbdstatus addon and nzb.su doesn't since you have to enter in the ip and API key of your sab server in your profile?

My sabnzbd server is on it's own dedicated server so i don't know if this is the problem or not... i tried using both the http and https internal ip (i.e. https://192.168.1.133/sabnzbd)

I know for sure i entered in the right API key, but nothings working.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

If you grab the v2 beta of nzbdstatus, it'll work on nzb.su

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

duz posted:

If you grab the v2 beta of nzbdstatus, it'll work on nzb.su

Hmmm, still doesn't work with nzb.su :\

Edit: not sure if it makes a difference, but i'm using version 0.5.6 of sabnzbd.

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 6, 2011

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Roving Reporter posted:

It's because SickBeard stores its data inside the folder it runs from. If you have it in program files, it'll prompt every time. Move it outside of program files and it'll work fine, no prompt.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
SABConnect++ for Chrome must have been updated again because it lost my API key again but my toaster style popups are back.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

The Modern Leper posted:

I sometimes wonder if anyone at Microsoft actually uses UAC. I turned it off for administrator accounts and have all my Usenet programs built into Task Scheduler in the event of an overnight Windows Update or something.

It's probably their way of manhandling everyone into using Windows Services, which aren't restricted in that way. Doesn't help for the other supporting programs, but I'd recommend people take the time to install SabNZBd as a service -- it seems to be more reliable. Install the helper thingy first, it may cry otherwise.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
I'm having a problem with CP; it will not move the folder. I don't want the folder or file re-named; I just want it moved from the default complete folder onto another drive. I currently have the Renaming tab enabled, point it to where my Movies are placed, then have the Movie Destination the drive/folder where I want them to end up. Both Folder and File Renaming are blank.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Uuudar posted:

I'm having a problem with CP; it will not move the folder. I don't want the folder or file re-named; I just want it moved from the default complete folder onto another drive. I currently have the Renaming tab enabled, point it to where my Movies are placed, then have the Movie Destination the drive/folder where I want them to end up. Both Folder and File Renaming are blank.

Click "show naming options".

You'll see there's an "original" tag to use original filename.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Click "show naming options".

You'll see there's an "original" tag to use original filename.

Typing in "original" causes everything to be named "original." Do I want to put in something like this:

thename.year.quality.sourcemedia.audio.video-group

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Roving Reporter posted:

It's nice for naming, but I like SABConnect because you can see the entire site and aren't limited to 100 search items per category.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Uuudar posted:

Typing in "original" causes everything to be named "original." Do I want to put in something like this:

thename.year.quality.sourcemedia.audio.video-group
Tags are surrounded by angle brackets...<original>

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

B-Nasty posted:

It's probably their way of manhandling everyone into using Windows Services, which aren't restricted in that way. Doesn't help for the other supporting programs, but I'd recommend people take the time to install SabNZBd as a service -- it seems to be more reliable. Install the helper thingy first, it may cry otherwise.

It's not manhandling, it's just bringing Windows in to line with the rest of the OS selection. Users don't write outside of their user folder without permission. The solution is either to set the program to only write where the user's allowed to (including giving the user permissions to new areas if it makes sense) or have it run as a system user which has permissions via a service. That's been the right way to do it pretty much as long as NT has existed, but Microsoft traded security for compatibility with 9x-era applications until finally forcing people to do it right in Vista.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I've discovered that it's possible to extra nzb's to existing (failed) downloads now. That's pretty sweet, except that it doesn't seem to work in the simple skin? It works in the others but I like the simple one the best. Is it me, or is there a bug there?

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

wolrah posted:

It's not manhandling, it's just bringing Windows in to line with the rest of the OS selection. Users don't write outside of their user folder without permission.

What? If the task is scheduled as an administrator (elevated), and the task set to run under that account (elevation), it should do it. I've had strange issues with this in the past as well, so I assumed that example was the same.

SrvAny should be made into an easier to use tool for apps that aren't written to install as services.

PlasticSpoon
Apr 2, 2004
I'm trying to use a feature I haven't used before, and I am not sure how to set it up.

I want nzb's with a certain label in the file name to go to a separate directory, not a folder within the main downloads folder, but a separate drive altogether. Is there any way to set that up, and possibly have it use a TEMP directory in the different drive too?

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

So I found my install of Agent from like 1998, and whaddaya know, it works. I've been using sanzbd and NZB.su for the past few months and like it, but when I fired up Agent I found there are some groups in there that are still active that aren't indexed by NZB.su.

Since I'd really not use Agent any more, is there some other way for me to crawl specific groups and generate NZB data from them? Am I basically asking someone to tell me how to make my own indexer?

E: Apparently there is still an Agent, and this one that's five major revisions past mine knows what NZBs are. I may investigate that further if I can't figure out what I'm trying to do otherwise.

Tricky Ed fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 8, 2011

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Tricky Ed posted:

So I found my install of Agent from like 1998, and whaddaya know, it works. I've been using sanzbd and NZB.su for the past few months and like it, but when I fired up Agent I found there are some groups in there that are still active that aren't indexed by NZB.su.

Since I'd really not use Agent any more, is there some other way for me to crawl specific groups and generate NZB data from them? Am I basically asking someone to tell me how to make my own indexer?
Use a site that isn't NZB.su. One with raw search, like binsearch.info or newzbin.com.

tofufish
Jan 3, 2007
:D

Tricky Ed posted:

E: Apparently there is still an Agent, and this one that's five major revisions past mine knows what NZBs are. I may investigate that further if I can't figure out what I'm trying to do otherwise.

Run your own indexer. You may need to write your own regexes for this group though.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

PlasticSpoon posted:

I'm trying to use a feature I haven't used before, and I am not sure how to set it up.

I want nzb's with a certain label in the file name to go to a separate directory, not a folder within the main downloads folder, but a separate drive altogether. Is there any way to set that up, and possibly have it use a TEMP directory in the different drive too?

i don't know if that is built in to SAB, but what i would do is create a PERL post processing script or one in what ever scripting language you are comfortable with and have it do a search on the NZB file name, and if it finds it then after the extract it would move it to where ever you want it to.

i made a script some time ago that would automatically sort NZBs that i emailed to myself after download if it had the correct category in the file file name. it should be pretty easy to go from that to what you want. message me or email me and my user name @gmail and i can send it to you.

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir
In honor of ipv6 day, I decided to try one of the free IPv6 news servers. I successfully managed to ping and connect to newszilla.ipv6.xs4all.nl!

Does anyone know anything about these free servers? Are they any good, and should they be used as another backup? Is this the only functional one, or are there others?

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

UndyingShadow posted:

Does anyone know anything about these free servers? Are they any good, and should they be used as another backup? Is this the only functional one, or are there others?
If you don't have to go through a tunnel, they can be pretty good. If you have to go through a tunnel you'll likely have to deal with a lot of bullshit. Regardless of if you have to go through a tunnel or not, the quality of the feed will likely be spotty, as these are typically considered "testing" servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Hey inpheaux, a couple of weeks ago I emailed you an NZB that failed to unrar but SABnzbd deleted the rar set anyway. It was weird. Did you ever look into that?