Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I smoked for 10 years, with the last 6 being a pack a day. I read Carr's book and thought about all the topics deeply which caused sort of a paradigm shift. I am day 4 into quitting and it was super easy. Day 1 of quitting I went drinking and faced all the triggers at once and it wasn't tough. I know how ridiculous it sounds but. It really works but you wont believe me or the book until the paradigm shift happens to you. Its like when you have your first major breakup and you don't think anyone knows how you feel and you don't believe anyones advice until you cross over to the other side. I actually came up with a different take on Carr's theory which helped me more but I already feel preachy just 4 days in. However I will share my version of what Carr is saying and how it changed my mind if someone wants to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Himuro posted:

Anyone have any alternatives to smoking cigs? I have started smoking recently due to stress and while I'm not addicted yet, I really like smoking them. The actual act of smoking them is both fun and relaxing and it helps me get out of my nerve wracked head and chill a bit. Not to mention, I really like the nicotine high.

I really like smoking but at the same time I don't want to get caught up in it. Are there any good alternatives for that oral fixation and contemplative relaxation? I guess cigars would suffice?

I'd like to finish off this pack of American Spirits that I really like and have these clove cigars for special times.

Stop and stop now. That nicotine high is going to go away, your dopamine levels are going to get shot to poo poo and you're going to get hooked constantly wanting that high again. If you want fun poo poo to get out of your stress wracked head, find something to do, run, play a sport, lift some heavy poo poo and put it back down again then repeat over and over, play a game, watch movies, watch sports, whatever. Or just smoke weed.

I quit for two months on Champix (Chantix in the US) and it worked brilliantly. Unfortunately my grandmother (who I was a full time carer for) passed away, I missed my prescription renewal appointment and fell off the wagon. I'll be going cold turkey this week as I cannot get a Champix prescription without a six month break from them and I don't intend to keep throwing this money away or continuing to gently caress up my health for a whole six months.

Even after a couple of weeks I felt great, the poo poo in my lungs was starting to shift and my fitness levels and taste/smell were returning. I was also feeling very refreshed after a night's sleep and getting rid of that morning cough was great. For these reasons I'm confident about going cold turkey. Got my last pack and a small bottle of vodka to enjoy tonight and then that's it.

I went to a Carr seminar and it didn't work for me. It worked for many of my colleagues that went along. There's a reason there's a lot of cessation methods, as not all of them work for all people. Champix worked great for me and I'd still be clear today if I hadn't missed that appointment however it isn't suitable for everyone. Someone in the thread mentioned knowing someone who was a loving wreck on Varenicline (Champix/Chantix) well their doctor should have taken them off it and explored other options. I was fortunate in having no side effects and zero withdrawal issues.

So wish me luck, good goons and good luck to anyone else looking to quit. Cigarettes are loving evil, not for all the do gooder health reasons but the money and the insidious way in which they get you.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 2, 2011

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
The only reason I bought a pack was because I'm up to my ears in stress and the cigs are helping me cope. I need something, anything to help me find a way to cope and they're doing their job admirably.

I might as well tough it out and stop before I get addicted. Thankfully I have the willpower.

Good luck towards everyone in this thread.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Himuro posted:

The only reason I bought a pack was because I'm up to my ears in stress and the cigs are helping me cope. I need something, anything to help me find a way to cope and they're doing their job admirably.

This is because smoking cigs gets your dopamine a pumping however that isn't something that your body can sustain to the levels that smoking requires long term. It's better to get endorphins going instead, hence my suggestion to find something physical to do.

Or hey, jerk off.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Himuro posted:

I might as well tough it out and stop before I get addicted. Thankfully I have the willpower.

Good luck towards everyone in this thread.

Throw the cigs into a trash bin and go for a jog. And go for a jog tomorrow or day after tomorrow. It helps relieve the stress.

And you'll get endorphin high afterwards (high on life -style)

Will you take the happy-but-some-effort path or the more expensive path that's just miserable? Your choice.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Well, I should be on month 5 of quitting, but I failed on my vacation to Pittsburgh. I smoked at a friend's house most of the day, and I felt like complete and utter poo poo afterwards, and none of it was self pity. I couldn't breathe, my chest hurt. It's sad I keep having to get reminded how terrible smoking is.

Then again, I haven't picked it back up which is good. No real withdrawals, I just need to quit smoking at all. The smell of fresh cigarettes still smells sweet as poo poo.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gothmog1065 posted:

The smell of fresh cigarettes still smells sweet as poo poo.

Yeah this gets me too.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Smoke free for a year now! I still a get an odd, strong craving out of nowhere occasionally, but it's fine if I just wait it out for a minute or two.

Of course, now I am a hugefat bastard. I am starting a diet, and I think it is going to be harder than quitting smoking ever was.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Just started a job doing maintenance work, and busting rear end 8 hours a day mopping floors and jogging around a warehouse has made me realize how awfully out of shape I've fallen being a regular smoker for a year now. I'm fairly convinced that it's time to toss them out and get my stamina back.

Pack's empty anyway, so tomorrow will be the start, and paging through this thread has been my catalyst. Thanks, goons.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I just quit smoking in the loving weirdest way possible. Keep in mind, up until two weeks ago, I've been smoking 3-5 cigarettes a day for the past five years, more if I'm playing blackjack.

So, I'm at home, watching Independence Day on cable at 2 in the morning, and sipping some Sailor Jerry rum, when I develop a catch in the back of my throat, and I cough, just as I'm swallowing the rum.

Somehow I shoot it out of my nose.

If you've never shot high proof liquor out of your nose, let me just say that it burns like coke mixed with napalm. My nose go's into full lockdown and both nostrils fill with snot, and I can't breath for poo poo. It's worse the the worst possible hay fever your can imagine. I spend the next hour trying to clear my sinuses, with no luck. Eventually I fall asleep.

The next day, my nose is still plugged up, but at least now I can blow my nose and breath. I'm on my way to work, and I light my first smoke of the day. My first thought is what the hell?, followed closely by Jesus Christ, what the hell is this? Ugh, this is awful! The best way I can describe the taste is a burning paper towel filled with lawn clippings. At first, I think it's a stale pack, so I buy a fresh pack at the gas station. Nope, same thing, tastes like rear end. To confirm that smoking now tastes like rear end to me, I bum a smoke off a friend at work. Same goddamn thing! Even now, smelling smoke smells awful.

Is this weird, or just me thinking it's weird?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

BigDave posted:

I just quit smoking in the loving weirdest way possible. Keep in mind, up until two weeks ago, I've been smoking 3-5 cigarettes a day for the past five years, more if I'm playing blackjack.

So, I'm at home, watching Independence Day on cable at 2 in the morning, and sipping some Sailor Jerry rum, when I develop a catch in the back of my throat, and I cough, just as I'm swallowing the rum.

If you've never shot high proof liquor out of your nose, let me just say that it burns like coke mixed with napalm. My nose go's into full lockdown and both nostrils fill with snot, and I can't breath for poo poo. It's worse the the worst possible hay fever your can imagine. I spend the next hour trying to clear my sinuses, with no luck. Eventually I fall asleep.

The next day, my nose is still plugged up, but at least now I can blow my nose and breath. I'm on my way to work, and I light my first smoke of the day. My first thought is what the hell?, followed closely by Jesus Christ, what the hell is this? Ugh, this is awful! The best way I can describe the taste is a burning paper towel filled with lawn clippings. At first, I think it's a stale pack, so I buy a fresh pack at the gas station. Nope, same thing, tastes like rear end. To confirm that smoking now tastes like rear end to me, I bum a smoke off a friend at work. Same goddamn thing! Even now, smelling smoke smells awful.

Does food taste right? If not you probably messed your nose up a bit. If yes, you probably just developed a strong aversion to smoke from having such a dangerous/intense experience the same way people get if something gives them food poisoning.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Does food taste right? If not you probably messed your nose up a bit. If yes, you probably just developed a strong aversion to smoke from having such a dangerous/intense experience the same way people get if something gives them food poisoning.

Hell, if anything, food tastes better. I used to chew gum for the oral fixation, now it tastes loving delicious.

I guess strong aversion, but you would thing the strong aversion would be to booze, not smokes.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BigDave posted:

I think it's awesomely hilarious. I mean sorry about your nasal passages but they'll heal, right?

I heard a funny quitting story about a friend's dad. Apparently this guy was cruising down the highway shrooming balls and he turns to look next to him and sees this other driver as a flaming skull, a la Ghost Rider. He thought he'd been given a vision of death and promptly gave up smoking forever.

As for me, I got drunk last night and lit up a cigarette. I don't feel like I destroyed whatever progress I made (one whole week :toot:), but I felt like an idiot and only had about two puffs before I put it out and flushed it. It tasted like a chemical spill in a retirement home. It was pretty weak of me, but at least I hated it a lot.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BigDave posted:

Hell, if anything, food tastes better. I used to chew gum for the oral fixation, now it tastes loving delicious.

I guess strong aversion, but you would thing the strong aversion would be to booze, not smokes.

The alcohol probably washed out a fair bit of the poo poo that accumulates in your sinuses/nasal passages from smoking?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Ninpo posted:

The alcohol probably washed out a fair bit of the poo poo that accumulates in your sinuses/nasal passages from smoking?

Possibly, but its more then that. Its like someone found the Smoking switch in my brain and flipped it from "Like" to "Dislike". I got no cravings, no withdraw symptoms, no nothing. I still like the idea of smoking, but I know its going to taste like sucking off a donkeys rear end in a top hat, so I don't smoke. I do chew a lot more gum, though.

Also, coffee breaks at work are now as boring as gently caress. Food tastes great, though, and I don't lose my breath from walking up the stairs at work. I also joined a gym, and started walking on a treadmill for 3 miles before work.

Granted, it's been a weird two weeks, but a highly beneficial two weeks.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Picked up smoking from my now recent ex (We had been together for 4 years). She cheated, and I'm left with this stupid habit. Been smoking for the past 2 years, and I'm up to a pack a day.

On my last pack right now, I SWEAR!

Anyways, this will be my go to thread for keeping everyone up to date and asking for advice. I do have a question in advance though - I've always had an "oral fixation" and have a habit of moving my hands/always need to be doing something as well. Is there ANYTHING I can do to preoccupy myself and keep myself busy? I take public transportation, and I smoke frequently on my way between busses and trolleys. I need to find a way to keep myself busy, damnit!

Plus, I feel that when I've tried to quit, and I stand around large groups of people/hanging out at bars/hanging at any social event, I immediately want to turn to the cig. WHAT CAN I DO?!?!?!

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Dear Lqs,GBS:

I smoked between a half-pack and two packs a day for twelve and a half years. I always felt that I would rather kill myself than give up nicotine. I've tried quitting several times before. I always allowed myself the smokeless stuff, and I'd always regress.

I am currently in a new place, unemployed with no prospects. I've burned through my savings, and now I'm crashing with people who are approaching saintlike in their accommodation.

I quit cold turkey about 5 weeks ago. If I can avoid picking cigarette butts off the sidewalk or out of ashtrays then loving you can too.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Runefaust posted:

Picked up smoking from my now recent ex (We had been together for 4 years). She cheated, and I'm left with this stupid habit. Been smoking for the past 2 years, and I'm up to a pack a day.

Anyways, this will be my go to thread for keeping everyone up to date and asking for advice. I do have a question in advance though - I've always had an "oral fixation" and have a habit of moving my hands/always need to be doing something as well. Is there ANYTHING I can do to preoccupy myself and keep myself busy? I take public transportation, and I smoke frequently on my way between busses and trolleys. I need to find a way to keep myself busy, damnit!

Plus, I feel that when I've tried to quit, and I stand around large groups of people/hanging out at bars/hanging at any social event, I immediately want to turn to the cig. WHAT CAN I DO?!?!?!

For the hand poo poo get one of those stress balls/hand strengthening balls/grips to gently caress about with when your hand gets antsy. Another thing you can do is get xylitol sweetened mints, they're usually small so can be semi frequently popped in and xylitol is good for your teeth.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009
Currently waffling about quitting. Stupid as it sounds (though I guess some of you guys will understand) I just don't have enough motivation to quit.

When I got pregnant with my daughter it was easy as hell to quit, I just stopped cold turkey-to me it wasn't even a choice. I wish I hadn't started up again after I had her. :smith:

Anyway, anyone got any motivational mantras besides "Hey stupid you're killing yourself?"

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spixxor posted:

Anyway, anyone got any motivational mantras besides "Hey stupid you're killing yourself?"

Biggest motivation for me, rightly or wrongly, is the money. It's crazy how expensive it is. To put it into perspective, it's now cheaper for me to burn a five pound note (GBP) than to smoke a pack of cigarettes and it's healthier for me too. :monocle: If I stopped smoking and burned a fiver per day I'd still save money. Insane.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

spixxor posted:

"If I don't smoke then I won't smell vile enough for passers-by to wrinkle their face."

"If I don't smoke then I am less likely to be maimed by a stroke."

"If I don't smoke then maybe my child won't."

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Well, I started smoking when I was 18, I'm 25 now, smoked off and on, but pretty steadily the last 2-3 years. I tried going cold turkey before, ended up just walking around until I found a stranger smoking and bummed one off him.

I'm a little hesitant to try that again, thinking about getting the patch. Have you guys have any success with the patch?

edit: My biggest motivation is the MMA classes I'm taking. It'd be nice not to run out of breath so quick. Smoking a pack a day now.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

spixxor posted:

Currently waffling about quitting. Stupid as it sounds (though I guess some of you guys will understand) I just don't have enough motivation to quit.

When I got pregnant with my daughter it was easy as hell to quit, I just stopped cold turkey-to me it wasn't even a choice. I wish I hadn't started up again after I had her. :smith:

Not to be morbid or anything but I'm sure your daughter would appreciate it. Kids just sort of adapt to whatever circumstances they're in but they notice everything. It seems kind of lame to me to invoke "think of the children" and I'm sure tons of awesome parents have been smokers but maybe think more along the lines of you're doing it for yourself so you can be strong for her?

Mantras are fine, but it seems counter intuitive for something compulsive like smoking.

e: what Woodsy Owl said

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Oneiric posted:

Day one down. Smoked 4 Sunday before noon. Cold turkey

8 years of pack~pack and a half a day.

Irritable...but no cheating.

So, I haven't had a smoke since Nov 28 2010...Cold turkey.

First three months were bad...but easy to push the thought out of my mind now.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Started to quit. Haven't bought a pack of cigarettes in over a week now. Found a loose one in my house the other night. Had a few at the bar this weekend. Overall it's going pretty well though. I am thinking of cutting it down from "quitting" to "only at certain times, like when drinking excessively or at parties."

Basically I wish they'd just legalize weed so I'd have something else to smoke :(

Velvis
Aug 18, 2005

Corn tastes good.
Count me in. I just smoked my last. I've been at about a pack a day for the last 15 years and my longest quit was 4 months a couple of years ago. Now I've got an 8-month old daughter and I've been wanting to give it the final boot. Smoking is a bitch.

Have just over a pack remaining. My wife will finish them off within a few weeks and join me on the bandwagon. We've been down this road and it's always me that picks the poo poo back up. This one's gonna stick though.

MistaBob
Apr 9, 2003

I AM NINJA
Ramrod XTreme

Keisari posted:

With that, you only inhale water and nicotine, right?

Yep, it's basically a vaporizer.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Runefaust posted:

http://www.leaf.fi/files/leaf/tuotekuvat/Fthumb4_005013.png.png

Don't know the English word and couldn't find a decent dictionary to translate one, I am sorry. But you probably get what I mean from the picture, since pictures show more than a thousand words.

In any case, I recommend those or some other similiar product. They taste good and give something to your mouth for you to fiddle around. You could also try lollipops for a while. Just don't overdo it.

Ordinary xylitol gum is also a good option, even better because it's good for your teeth.

And about the bar and social events, it's just something you HAVE to get used to. Your brains currently have the Pavlov's dog effect, and when you get into a situation that you usually always light a sig in, you'll want to light a cig in that situation more in the future. You'll just have to resist it and think of alternatives, the cravings WILL dissipate if you stay strong and find alternatives to catch your interest.

Mistabob posted:

Yep, it's basically a vaporizer.
Oh, that's good. E-cig has barely any negative health impacts then, I can only think of nicotine gathering in blood veins. That's about it actually.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
Quitting today and probably posting frequently. I fear this won't be easy but dammit, I'm asthmatic and it suuuuuucks.

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
Been smoking about 8 years now, started as just having one cig in times of extreme stress, then just when I was drinking, then just at school, and on and on. Within eight months I'd gotten up to about a pack a day. I did manage to quit for four months, and since then have been able to mostly remain at about a rate of five to ten cigs a day depending on how stressful things are. I have been able to drop it without two much trouble for up to three weeks at a time when I couldn't afford them. Recently my husband and I went on vacation to visit my parents, my mother quit a 30 year habit 3 years ago, and very few people in my family smoke. In fact while I was away, except for the last couple of days I had pretty much no cravings. It is harder where we live, most of the people in our lives smoke, except my husband who is like the poster child for clean living. So I don't miss it TOO much most of the time, but when we're seeing friends and family and at any one time you have at least two people lighting up, it just gets a bit grrrr. I don't as a rule chew gum, makes me feel really sick in general so never tried the nicotine gum. And I tried the patches, but oddly enough, I got joint pain really bad when I was using them. I think for now I'm just going to do my best NOT to, and see how it goes. I'm out at the moment so all I have to do is just NOT buy any. Or accept any. I just wish I didn't enjoy them. There's something about a nice cigarette and a glass of wine that makes hanging with the inlaws so chilled. Goddammit cigarettes why do I like you so much! I don't care that you taste of burning monkey rear end, you just make me so frigging calm, and stop me having eye strain headaches! And I find watching the smoke really calming and hypnotic! Stupid smokes! I will beat you!!!
Good luck goons!

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Cancer? expensive? Smells bad? Can't run? Most confirmed smokers don't give a poo poo about these things. Every cig can be enjoyable because were so used to pushing these negative thoughts away temporarily. The only reason that actually motivated me was that im tired of being a mental slave to cigarettes. A confirmed smoker's mind is preoccupied with THINKING about smoking. Can I sneak away to have a cig? Will people smell it? Will this place have a smoking section? I just had one ill wait 1 hour before my next, is it time yet? Maybe during this commercial ill step out. Do I have enough to last me through the night? You spend so much precious thought process on smoking instead od thinking about things to make life enjoyable. On top of all that smoking has literally no benefits. Whatever idea you have like it calms you down, think better, feels good man etc are all caused by the cigs themselves forming a vicious chain.

kolider
Sep 25, 2007

Lyer posted:

Quoting from the 2nd page, 1 year and 5 months ago. It gets easier with time, for a while you'll miss it whenever you smell smoke, but eventually the smell won't trigger any cravings or desire. I'll see people smoke, I've been out to bars and had a few drinks, but after such a long time without having one, I don't have that urge anymore. It feels like a different life when I did used to smoke. For those of you who are feeling like it's a never ending battle of willpower, eventually there will come a time where it gets easy. Hang in there!

I have been smoke free for almost 2 months now but am still not past this "smell" trigger. I don't want to smoke when I am around smokers however after leaving their company I end up having "withdrawal symptoms" for like 2 days. It makes me really irritable and annoyed so after researching a bit on the net it seems that secondhand smoke has nicotine in it. I don't know what to do at this point since I have a lot of friends who smoke and don't want my social life to get messed up because I can't handle second-hand smoke...

Anyone else have this issue?

I.G.Y.
May 5, 2006
Quitting is always worth it.

I.G.Y. fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 28, 2013

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005
I posted before about quitting and didn't follow through with it.

Now, I've been on Chantix for the past week, today is my quit day and I haven't had a smoke since 7:30 last night. So about 18 hours. Cravings are much much smaller and I actually went outside and walked around without lighting a cigarette. I'm thinking about joining a gym with some of the money I'll be saving. I absolutely can't say that I don't miss it terribly already but the benefits of quitting far outweigh that. The real test will be the first time I go out drinking (tonight) but I feel pretty confident about it.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

BarryMantlesnorks posted:

I posted before about quitting and didn't follow through with it.

Now, I've been on Chantix for the past week, today is my quit day and I haven't had a smoke since 7:30 last night. So about 18 hours. Cravings are much much smaller and I actually went outside and walked around without lighting a cigarette. I'm thinking about joining a gym with some of the money I'll be saving. I absolutely can't say that I don't miss it terribly already but the benefits of quitting far outweigh that. The real test will be the first time I go out drinking (tonight) but I feel pretty confident about it.

Good, by walking outside without lighting that cigarette gets you used to that. Later on your brains won't connect walking or standing outside immediately to cigarettes.

Swoon
Jun 14, 2008
In a couple of days I will be at the 3 month smoke-free mark. It's stupid easy now, and has been for about a month and half. It's the first bit that's murder. The sweats, the anxiety, the rage, all of it gets better goons, I swear. I smoked a pack a day for 18 years, I quit, cold turkey, on my first try. You just have to want to quit. No one can help you do this, but you.

I've said it before in this thread, I will say it again. Do NOT fantasize about having a smoke once you quit. If you fantasize about it you will talk yourselves into it. Just do something else to distract your monkey brain and you will be fine. :woop:

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Don't know if it happened to you... Around the two month mark for me I had an incredibly vivid dream in which I had a cigarette and when I woke up I was incredibly angry at myself for doing it. Later when I relaized it had been a dream it cemented the fact that quitting would be good.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Oneiric posted:

Don't know if it happened to you... Around the two month mark for me I had an incredibly vivid dream in which I had a cigarette and when I woke up I was incredibly angry at myself for doing it. Later when I relaized it had been a dream it cemented the fact that quitting would be good.

Those dreams are rough. My totally pulled out my rear end theory is that something in the sleep process is actually activating some of the same wiring that is activated when you smoke, making it feel really real. Even after I woke up I would still feel like I had smoked an hour later when I knew I hadn't.

I had them a ton the first time I quit for significant time, haven't had a single one this time. (4 months, 30 days so far)

I'm at a loss to explain why I didn't get them this time, only major difference was I used Wellbutrin the first time around and I didn't drink at all for the first month.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 5, 2011

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Smoke free for 48 hours. I've never had such bad cravings for anything in my life.

On an added note, I do have extra initiative to keep at it. This beautiful young lady I've had a thing for since I was 15, and that I went out on a date with a couple weeks back, is talking me through my cravings. If theres one thing I love more than cigs, It's definitely women, and this woman is THE woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Those dreams are rough. My totally pulled out my rear end theory is that something in the sleep process is actually activating some of the same wiring that is activated when you smoke, making it feel really real. Even after I woke up I would still feel like I had smoked an hour later when I knew I hadn't.

I had them a ton the first time I quit for significant time, haven't had a single one this time. (4 months, 30 days so far)

I'm at a loss to explain why I didn't get them this time, only major difference was I used Wellbutrin the first time around and I didn't drink at all for the first month.

I'm on Champix and haven't smoked for over a week now. I'm having the crazy dreams and dreaming about smoking too. The dreams really linger as well.

• Locked thread