Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Just a reminder that the final episode of Psychovile is tonight at 10pm, not the usual day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Monster w21 Faces posted:

You know it's probably going to be something really stupid right? Like a formula for dandruff shampoo.

I love the idea of a Dandruff Shampoo. not like... anti-dandruff. One that actually encourages it. For some reason it just seems to fit :v:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Flatscan posted:

If we're now just adding the shittiest thing we can think of, I reckon My Hero should have a spot. Not only was it god-loving-awful it killed the career of Ardal O'Hanlon.

I actually quite liked it.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

feedmegin posted:

I now know who's going in this year's wicker man.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

feedmegin posted:

To be fair, I think the first series or so were alright. Not hilarious, but alright. Things went downhill with the talking baby.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Children and monkeys are often the worst thing in any film or television series.

The utter worst.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace is thoroughly depressing tonight. Genocide, humans as machines, the racism of 1960s' newscasters and the chilling callousness of big business, all wrapped up in one beautifully presented documentary

Edit: Okay, things just got cheered up by a Richard Dawkins/Donna Summer mashup.

Irisi fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 6, 2011

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010
Psychoville's ending was pretty underwhelming, although it was surprising that Kerry turned up and saved the day despite only being present for one scene this series. It wasn't a bad ending, it just wasn't dramatic enough to solicit to the deaths of most of the main cast.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
Oh my god, the Psychoville finale. So absurd, yet so brilliant. I loved Mrs Ladybird-Face.

Wish we could have had more episodes, though. There were a few characters and ideas that weren't given as much time as they deserved. Hattie especially seemed wasted in that ultimately, she had hardly any connection to the overall plot at all. But still, what we got was fantastic. If you haven't seen Psychoville already, you need to now.

EDIT: Although I agree with the person who posted above me, the final plot twist was nowhere near as exciting as the one at the end of the first series.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

Psychoville's ending was pretty underwhelming, although it was surprising that Kerry turned up and saved the day despite only being present for one scene this series. It wasn't a bad ending, it just wasn't dramatic enough to solicit to the deaths of most of the main cast.

Yeah, it felt kinda like the TrueBlood ending, building and building to something gre----and then flatlining. Are they bringing it back for a third series? It didn't seem to have as much of a hook as the last one. I'm also a bit disappointed about the Librarian's ending, was hoping we'd get a bit more silent singer.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

There was also the interesting moment where Grace Andrews spoke in Russian(?) to Mrs Ladybirdface, who nodded back. They've definitely put a few plothooks in place for a third series, if they feel like writing one.

Wabznasm
Jul 19, 2006

Rof Rof
I thought that was more of an 'I have no idea what you're saying' polite nod.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

For the ARG, the answer to the last question in the quiz is Shane Richie. Thank gently caress for wikipedia.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

That funeral scene was brilliant. Horrible, but very much deserved.

ClearlyDeluded posted:

I thought that was more of an 'I have no idea what you're saying' polite nod.

That's how I took it as well.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

I want a programme of Jelly and Mrs Ladybird doing Louis Theroux style documentaries, they're an amazing double act.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Machines of Loving Grace was good. But sad.

All the good BBC shows are finishing this week as well. Double sad.

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:

justcola posted:

Machines of Loving Grace was good. But sad.

All the good BBC shows are finishing this week as well. Double sad.

That's not true at all. Eastenders never ends.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Still a couple more weeks of Shadow Line, which is also the same week Game of Thrones ends too.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Between Comedy Vehicle, All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace and the various Charlie Brooker vehicles, TV seems to be egging (egg egg like a birds egg) me on to commit suicide. :smith:

I really should watch some cheery programming.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Between Comedy Vehicle, All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace and the various Charlie Brooker vehicles, TV seems to be egging (egg egg like a birds egg) me on to commit suicide. :smith:

I really should watch some cheery programming.

Try Geordie Shore or The Only Way Is Essex. It won't make you happier, but it'll transfer that desire to end lives outward and away from you.

Also I hope that people here will be watching Chris Lilley's Angry Boys at 22:40 tonight on BBC3. His last two shows, We Can Be Heroes and Summer Heights High were very funny stuff with sharply-observed and occasionally monstrous characters. I'm a little biased towards Summer Heights High because I lived in Australia during high school, but both are very amusing, so I'm really looking forward to Angry Boys.

ChuckDHead fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 7, 2011

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Holy poo poo I had no idea that show existed. Thanks! Summer Heights High is one of my favourite series ever. Poor Jonah :(

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Akuma posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea that show existed. Thanks! Summer Heights High is one of my favourite series ever. Poor Jonah :(

Jonah was hilarious ("Puck you, miss! I said puck you, with a P! Don't you know how to spell or some poo poo?"), it's sort a shame that he isn't returning for Angry Boys, because he'd fit right in, but it's also good that Chris isn't relying too heavily on a cast of returning characters beyond the twins from We Can Be Heroes.

Summer Heights High was fantastic stuff, and very relatable. One of my teachers in school out there was basically a female Mr G (drama types...), and the Ja'mie character was so utterly true of the private school girl out there, and probably anywhere in the world. Also he's a disturbingly convincing female in the same way that Queen are in the I Want To Break Free video (especially Roger Taylor. Yikes).

lazyjane
Aug 24, 2003

Lemurs, Man, Lemurs
I've watched a couple of episodes of Angry Boys and I haven't found it that funny so far. I'll give it a few more episodes but I'm not sure, t'other half isn't so keen either.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Awesome, Jim Royle vs Pauline Campbell-Jones on 4 right now. Its a bit low hanging fruit picking on the scousers, but I'm spoiled for choice who to hate more.

Pauline on tape recorder" You work shy set of bastards!"

Ross" That was your workshop on self esteem."

"We're all in the same boat. Well, I'm not. I've got a job"

e: Oh no it it actually the job interview role play bit. Countdown to egregious.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 7, 2011

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Trickjaw posted:

Awesome, Jim Royle vs Pauline Campbell-Jones on 4 right now. Its a bit low hanging fruit picking on the scousers, but I'm spoiled for choice who to hate more.

Pauline on tape recorder" You work shy set of bastards!"

Ross" That was your workshop on self esteem."

"We're all in the same boat. Well, I'm not. I've got a job"

e: Oh no it it actually the job interview role play bit. Countdown to egregious.

I just tuned into it on 4+1 to see her getting utterly dingied by everyone. She reminds me of every ignorant, pretentious moron that I spoke to in the job centre when i was signing on.

edit: So, basically they're getting rejected for not having appropriate experience in the fields they've been pushed to applying and 2 of the companies seemed to take on the inexperienced ones a little reluctantly.

Hah, and that little montage of "4 months later" just made the entire show redundant. :ughh:

Kin fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 7, 2011

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Kin posted:

I just tuned into it on 4+1 to see her getting utterly dingied by everyone. She reminds me of every ignorant, pretentious moron that I spoke to in the job centre when i was signing on.

I'm personally glad that my TV is on the wall so I can't kick the fucker in, because I'm dole scum at the mo. The entire thing was so unrepresentative of reality it really was parody. Still, if I met that fucker in the street I would throttle her with one of her scarves that she seems to think are flab cloaking devices.

Turn up at my door with fish and chips, you oval office. You know the Mail will be jizzing itself tomorrow over it.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
What show are you guys talking about?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

cloudchamber posted:

What show are you guys talking about?

I hate the punny title, but 'The Fairy Jobmother' Which, as Kin said, is redundant.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 7, 2011

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Brown Moses posted:

Just a reminder that the final episode of Psychovile is tonight at 10pm, not the usual day.

Does anyone know why they moved it?

I did like it but it all felt a bit rushed and perculiar at the end. I understand that Karen's motivation was "You killed my boyfriend" but how did she know who did it or where to go?

And yea both Hattie and David were almost totally unconnected to the main story but the end did imply that David's going to be the main theme of series 3.

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

I'm personally glad that my TV is on the wall so I can't kick the fucker in, because I'm dole scum at the mo. The entire thing was so unrepresentative of reality it really was parody. Still, if I met that fucker in the street I would throttle her with one of her scarves that she seems to think are flab cloaking devices.

Turn up at my door with fish and chips, you oval office. You know the Mail will be jizzing itself tomorrow over it.

That's the worst thing. It seems they go out of their way to find people like the Ricky Tomlinson lookalike who are living caricatures of unemployed people of the kind that are painted by the Daily Mail. I mean the guy actually says when he's stropping off from the car wash that being a Scouser is his reason for not working.

The more I look at her the more I wonder if Hayley is actually Jeremy Kyle in drag. :stare:

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Taear posted:

Does anyone know why they moved it?
Not sure, but Chortle reported that it was dying in the ratings this series.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Taear posted:

And yea both Hattie and David were almost totally unconnected to the main story but the end did imply that David's going to be the main theme of series 3.

There's a series 3 confirmed? Honestly, I took that as an ending.

That said, I also took the burning down of the village shop (and apparent deaths of Tubbs and Edwards) and the resolution of the Special Stuff plotline in League of Gentlemen series 2 as an ending, and I was wrong there.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

FreakyZoid posted:

Not sure, but Chortle reported that it was dying in the ratings this series.

I am baffled as to why, this series has really dragged me along, whereas the storylines in the previous one didn't connect as well and didn't make the next episode as exciting.

quote:

There's a series 3 confirmed? Honestly, I took that as an ending.
What, no. I am just saying it felt like that'd be what they would go with if they did a series 3. Why bother even having David in it otherwise?

StrawmanUK
Aug 16, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Just started watching the last episode of Night Shift on iPlayer, Georg is a cold son of a bitch wow.

How about that ending, didnt see THAT coming! What a brilliant comedy series though, recommend you all watch it while its still on iplayer. Really hope they bring over the rest of the trilogy.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It was a total thing of the middle of nowhere, yeah.

Also, Icelanders do say Neigh(sic) quite a bit in the show.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Sad news here if, like me, you were a child of the 80s:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13693811

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Sad news here if, like me, you were a child of the 80s:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13693811

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHhy-mGndI

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Our War on BBC3.

Incredible. I nearly sacked it off because it was on BBC3, but it was downright outstanding. Just incredibly intense, very moving.

cuppy tea
Feb 6, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Stewart Lee just made me laugh harder than I've ever laughed before.

I know someone out there, somewhere, vomited at the end bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
I don't know if anyone here watches Waterloo Road but oh my loving God today was gut wrenching stuff.