Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?

casual poster posted:

This whole album is awesome, its nice to have on in the background.
Any other albums like this?

A lil late but here's the first Dispensary Music. weedmuzak :parrot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

Morphix posted:

Hey Mystikal is back

http://youtu.be/5gKE67L97SA?t=10m10s

...oh

(skip to 10:10 in, the timestamp wasn't working for me)

Mystikal has actually released two songs since he's been home.

This one has been on the radio in New Orleans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS9k42CU2xQ

and there's this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikk6x25i5ZQ

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

i've actually been playing that spaceghostpurrp tape since it came out. that's what kinda made me wanna start listening to 3 6

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Why isn't Pusha T bigger than he is? I mean the guy raps about the same poo poo as anyone else: girls, money, cars, and cocaine. "Alone In Vegas" was my favorite track off Fear of God and the video is just as great.

"Alone In Vegas" video.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

vanbags posted:

Why isn't Pusha T bigger than he is? I mean the guy raps about the same poo poo as anyone else: girls, money, cars, and cocaine. "Alone In Vegas" was my favorite track off Fear of God and the video is just as great.

"Alone In Vegas" video.

He needs Malice.

Don't get me wrong -- he's hand-down my all-time favorite MC, but both Pusha and Malice's solo stuff just kinda falls flat, with a few exceptions.

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

new danny brown track: http://rapohnelizenz.blogspot.com/2011/06/audio-danny-brown-blunt-after-blunt.html blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
^ also a new freestyle from Danny Brown, too! ^

http://www.steadybloggin.com/danny-brown-toca-tuesday-freestyle-mp3-blunt-after-blunt/

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

this track with Danny! and danny brown made me pick up Where is Danny and its really good.

Brown's XXX is going to be pretty crazy from the likes of OuterSpace and blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

on point like a unicorn, strapped like tha unabomb
everyday a work day but dont wear a uniform
Gucci Mane a dapper don, capper like a Capricorn

polpotpotpotpotpot posted:

He needs Malice.

Don't get me wrong -- he's hand-down my all-time favorite MC, but both Pusha and Malice's solo stuff just kinda falls flat, with a few exceptions.

Malice is done with all that though: http://www.rubyhornet.com/rh-tv/malice-the-big-picture

e: Cot drat is totally my favorite Clipse song and one of the best Neptunes instrumentals, good choice for the backing track of that interview vid

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
hey everybody shut up for a second! Random Axe leaked today! hooray forever! thats Sean Price, Guilty Simpson, and Black Milk for you brainiac dumb dumbs out there. i havent listened to it yet but im psyched

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
I keep seeing really terrible flyers for that all over town.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

I keep seeing really terrible flyers for that all over town.

after a quick listen thru i can say itll be getting a lot more bump than Bad Meets Evil at least.

favorite line so far is from Guilty - "revenge is a dish served cold, so i wear coats and stay in murk mode"

e: that dude Danny Brown yall was talkin about a few posts up is on here too.. he kills it on Japhy Joe.. "i would never gently caress your bitch, she look like a aardvark"

E.T. NO HOMO fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 8, 2011

The Rooster
Jul 25, 2004

If you've got white people problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but being socially privileged ain't one
Random Axe makes me want to uppercut an old lady down an elevator shaft. In a good way.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
I don't understand the appeal of Danny Brown. He seems pretty garbage to me and his lyrics are cringe worthy at times.

ASL NIGGA
Nov 26, 2009

by T. Mascis

K-Flow posted:

i posted this a bit ago and its still getting no love. i cant wait for xxx

edit: and i'd say melvin bliss' "synthetic substitution" is one of the most sampled tracks ever. you hear it on 1 out of 3 rap albums

off topic but who is your avatar?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

phractured posted:

I don't understand the appeal of Danny Brown. He seems pretty garbage to me and his lyrics are cringe worthy at times.

Actually he's got an interesting flow and his lyrics are nice. Sorry that you have bad taste :(

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
I don't mind Danny Brown's rapping, but there's something about his voice that bugs the poo poo out of me.

Edit: proclick on the Dispensary Music, loved the whole thing.

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

alansmithee posted:

Actually he's got an interesting flow and his lyrics are nice. Sorry that you have bad taste :(
this. for me he is much more interesting to listen to than a lotta rappers out there right now and i always laugh at least 2 or 3 times per song

ASL NIGGA posted:

off topic but who is your avatar?
prince paul

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

HatchetDown posted:

I don't mind Danny Brown's rapping, but there's something about his voice that bugs the poo poo out of me.

He's got kinda a high-nasally voice, but I think he makes it work with his flow. I've also listened to a lot of Lif and even Doseone though, so my tolerance for odd voices might be high.

Roymega
Oct 10, 2004

-crickets-

vanbags posted:

"Alone In Vegas" video.

Such a sick song

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

alansmithee posted:

This is funny because you're probably the last person in this thread who should be talking.

On another note, I saw Curren$y at Irving Plaza on monday. Greta show, and the entire family was there. DZA, Monsta Betz, Trademark, Roddy, Friend, and some other guys that are difficult to think of now. Something paintbrush? Either way, they brought it and the crowd had their backs.

phractured fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 8, 2011

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Listening to Random Axe and All 6's & 7's back to back yesterday was one of the better experiences of my life

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Professor Funk posted:

All 6's & 7's

It's early but I'm putting it up there with Anghellic. This is definitely one of the better albums i've heard in a while.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

vanbags posted:

"Alone In Vegas" video.

I love Clipse but the reason Pusha T is never going to be big is because his lyrics are too obscure for most people.

I mean, just compare his rapping about a coke deal vs 50 cent, the vocabulary that's used is mostly street code, you aren't supposed to know what he's referencing unless you're in the know (or you look up urbandictionary).

He just wasn't built to be a mainstream rapper, but that's alright because what he does is amazing and I hope he doesn't T-pain it up too much in the search for the paycheck.

edit- aside from or two tracks everything on his latest mixtape is fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RTnpR6s1wg&feature=related

Morphix fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 8, 2011

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?

HatchetDown posted:

Edit: proclick on the Dispensary Music, loved the whole thing.

:respek: That and Denver Doobies have been my :420: filled early summer rotation, I hope they make it so 3oh!3 is not the legacy of Denver hip-hop. gently caress 3oh!3.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

alansmithee posted:

He's got kinda a high-nasally voice, but I think he makes it work with his flow. I've also listened to a lot of Lif and even Doseone though, so my tolerance for odd voices might be high.

I love Doseone equally. I just give his voice a pass because he's racially ambiguous to me and believing everyone from Idaho speaks that way is too much fun.

Backup Snacks posted:

:respek: That and Denver Doobies have been my :420: filled early summer rotation, I hope they make it so 3oh!3 is not the legacy of Denver hip-hop. gently caress 3oh!3.

It's okay I don't think you have anything to worry about, their fans don't even like Rap.

HatchetDown fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 8, 2011

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

vanbags posted:

"Alone In Vegas" video.

I love Pusha but something I've always noticed is that he always looks kinda lost and awkward in his videos. Like he doesn't know what to do with his hands so he's rehearsed 3 different variations of RAPHANDS but ends up half-heartedly swinging his arms around like a dosed muppet.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

caveman thug poo poo posted:

if you liked Elmatic go ahead and get Elzhi's 'The Preface' if you dont already have it. Elzhi is bonkers

Holy gently caress this dude is amazing. His music video for It ain't hard to tell popped up on youtube a couple of days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38HmE7fuE1w

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Bulging Nipples posted:

I love Pusha but something I've always noticed is that he always looks kinda lost and awkward in his videos. Like he doesn't know what to do with his hands so he's rehearsed 3 different variations of RAPHANDS but ends up half-heartedly swinging his arms around like a dosed muppet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8NnDbfd4yc
just watched the best Clipse video and they both sort of do it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

teknetik posted:

Holy gently caress this dude is amazing. His music video for It ain't hard to tell popped up on youtube a couple of days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38HmE7fuE1w

I'm loving this poo poo. It might just be because I love 'Illmatic'(who doesn't?), but I can't stop listening to this. Is 'The Preface' as good as ELmatic?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

RCarr posted:

I'm loving this poo poo. It might just be because I love 'Illmatic'(who doesn't?), but I can't stop listening to this. Is 'The Preface' as good as ELmatic?

His cover of Halftime is literally one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcKzOZ6Yc78

"I ain't braggin playa, you'll get ya spot got, what I jot is hotter than a dragon's lair."

And I'm not sure if I like The Preface as much as ElMatic, but my judgment might be clouded because A) I love Illmatic and B) Because elZhi actually managed to do it justice, which I didn't think was possible.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 9, 2011

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery
Big Boi got Trae on stage to do Gettin Paid this past weekend at Summer Fest in Houston. Audio sucks, but: http://youtu.be/6vzs5egZr2w

He was complaining that they didn't even try to book him with a new album coming out soon. It's lovely cause the urban radio station has had a ban on Trae for a minute and has even fired DJs for playing him.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

The Rising Suun posted:

It's lovely cause the urban radio station has had a ban on Trae for a minute and has even fired DJs for playing him.

Forgive my ignorance, but why the gently caress?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

HatchetDown posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but why the gently caress?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trae#Controversy

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
Not to get too far off topic on the Trae thing but:

How does some bitch DJ have more "pull" than Trae in HOUSTON? Is it really that big of a deal that you got dissed on a mixtape?

Chade Johnson
Oct 12, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Do we really need the misogyny? Rap has enough as it is.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Chade Johnson posted:

Amen. That's weird about trae though I had no idea.

It's funny that Elmatic has so much love. I love how the band will jam on the sample source and poo poo. And when they break into a cover of the sample, good poo poo

Sarx
May 27, 2007

The Marksman
Last year on my birthday, my friends and I got together and decided to write and record an EP in one day. The EP actually became a full length project. I'm on five of these tracks, but I thought some of you might like it.

http://graves.bandcamp.com/album/1-day-to-live-compilation

If I had to suggest a couple highlights it would be 40 Days and Dusty Roads.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

Chade Johnson posted:

I didn't realize it was a woman DJ... I agree about the misogyny.

I meant like "whiny DJ" not as in female.

Sarx posted:

:words:

http://graves.bandcamp.com/album/1-day-to-live-compilation

If I had to suggest a couple highlights it would be 40 Days and Dusty Roads.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I dig it, cool sampling and beats. Not my style right now, but I would have jammed it a few years back when I was listening to that type of hip-hop! Real dark, imo!

Keep up the good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

chomper posted:

I didn't realize it was a woman DJ... I agree about the misogyny.

I meant like "whiny DJ" not as in female.

...this. I thought it was pretty obvious he meant this, not that she is like woman-scum.

But anyway she is woman-scum if she is banning Trae because some shooting happened at loving TSU. Anyone who knows TSU knows that this probably had very little to do with Trae.

• Locked thread