Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Do the "basic bolt ons" of which you speak consist of Ford replacing the intake and exhaust to get your full 320HP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

_firehawk posted:

Do the "basic bolt ons" of which you speak consist of Ford replacing the intake and exhaust to get your full 320HP?

I don't know if Ford did the recall work on this car or not. But I've done a full exhaust replacement, and some intake work.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
I like the white, it is understated in cars too much today.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Dont like the chrome fr500 rims but other than that clean and quite fast. I have a 99 GT, is that the same spoiler? (i took it off and cant remember)

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

Thanks much. I bought it with the intention of changing the color, but the white has really grown on me. If I change it, I might add a pearl coat over the white.

Dakotaboy88
Apr 28, 2007

Tindjin posted:

New truck time. 2011 F-150 Ecoboost Supercrew FX4. The twin turbo v6 is a loving beast. Had to order it and just picked it up yesterday. Already have almost 200 miles on it.

She is going to get used a lot. Replaceing my last truck that I had for 14 yrs (1997 F150 w/5.4L engine). I've got 2 trailers and I tow my friend's hot air balloon trailer.

It's already half paid off and will be paid off completely in about 1.5 yrs. Need to work on my credit so financed some of it.

That's freaking awesome! I'm amazed at the brutal testing that the eco-boost 6's were put through. Some day I'd love to have one, but maybe in a smaller truck.

Wet Caterpillar
Jan 22, 2010

DropShadow posted:

Is the paint actually matte or is there a layer of light mist on it or ... ? Whatever it is, I love the look. It's so nice to see a Beetle that is one color instead of covered in faked patina.

Yeah it's a matte black, thanks I love it too but next time I want to do it in like satin and do in the door frames and in the bonnet so it looks more professional.

Oh great I have a dead hippy with beady eyes haunting my car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Took the top off the Bronco just in time for 90+ degrees tomorrow!

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Gave it a clean:

Currently planning a roadtrip round Europe in August if anyone has any ideas/suggestions? Heading to Lake Bled, Slovenia & Monaco.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There is a cafe in Prague, in Malostranské Náměstí, where the owner is a Ferrari nut. I saw a lot of pictures of meets up on the wall there.

I don't remember what it is called but I can find out if you really want.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Xeno posted:

Gave it a clean:

Currently planning a roadtrip round Europe in August if anyone has any ideas/suggestions? Heading to Lake Bled, Slovenia & Monaco.

Nice ride and kudos to you for putting some actual miles on it and taking a road trip :)

How about following in the footsteps of Top Gear?

http://www.redlineblog.com/top-gears-worlds-best-driving-road-in-detail/

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009

SwashedBuckles posted:

You can, but the problem seems to be that no dealers order them that way so you'd have to option one from the factory. Although you pretty much end up paying the same on one no matter the dealership, so that doesn't really matter.

The first 3 of the supercharged S4s we got were manual and so fun but the DSG works very well too so it's all down to personal preference.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Too rice or...NOT RICE ENOUGH?

:smug:

Boss
Feb 23, 2011

Tindjin posted:

New truck time. 2011 F-150 Ecoboost Supercrew FX4. The twin turbo v6 is a loving beast. Had to order it and just picked it up yesterday. Already have almost 200 miles on it.

She is going to get used a lot. Replaceing my last truck that I had for 14 yrs (1997 F150 w/5.4L engine). I've got 2 trailers and I tow my friend's hot air balloon trailer.

It's already half paid off and will be paid off completely in about 1.5 yrs. Need to work on my credit so financed some of it.

Love these trucks. I've got a 99 F-150 right now and I'm thinking I'll pick up a lightly used 2011 in a couple years so long as mine doesnt poo poo the bed before then (which I doubt it will). How does the Ecoboost sound compared to the 5.0? It's a fairly petty difference but I'll be damned if I don't like the way a healthy V8 sounds.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Shaocaholica posted:

Too rice or...NOT RICE ENOUGH?

:smug:

Always keep posting pics of your car. :D Seriously I love the simple things you've done to enhance the exterior. Yours is a non-turbo FWD model, right?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

angryhampster posted:

Always keep posting pics of your car. :D Seriously I love the simple things you've done to enhance the exterior. Yours is a non-turbo FWD model, right?

:ssh:

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

anime comes to life and kisses me on the lips
Good pictures but the hood is mildly retarded at best.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Shouldn't we be laughing at it?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Faerunner posted:

Shouldn't we be laughing at it?

We can once all the rice totals to a significant portion of the cost to have bought a new Evo.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

can't remember if I've posted this or not

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

kimbo305 posted:

We can once all the rice totals to a significant portion of the cost to have bought a new Evo.

Not quite there yet. Even if I did get an Evo or RA, its not like I'm the type of person to just stop there an not get any after market stuff. You can't discount that cost.

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

Scabrous Teat posted:

it's a stock Evo 10 hood. not too retarded imo and it's better than spending money some lovely faux carbon fiber hood that would probably cost just as much.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
^^^ A decent CF hood would have cost more ^^^

Scabrous Teat posted:

Do you not like the look of it or just the fact that I have it on a NA Lancer?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Shaocaholica posted:

Is there a significance to these badges?

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows

Shaocaholica posted:

^^^ A decent CF hood would have cost more ^^^

Can it be both?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Ziploc posted:

They lie significantly about the performance of the car.

Not hatin' Shaocaholica, just sayin

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Shaocaholica posted:

the fact that I have it on a NA Lancer?

Yeah. Cars that look that sporty should not be that slow.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

EL Bombastico posted:

it's a stock Evo 10 hood. not too retarded imo and it's better than spending money some lovely faux carbon fiber hood that would probably cost just as much.

It's not an Evo X.

Shaocaholica posted:

Both, really - hood vents and scoops are pretty stupid looking in my opinion, and you have no hardware to justify the looks anyway. Your car is really clean otherwise which is why the hood sort of stands out.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Billy Tully posted:

They lie significantly about the performance of the car.

Not hatin' Shaocaholica, just sayin

How are they incorrectly describing performance?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Scabrous Teat posted:

Your car is really clean otherwise which is why the hood sort of stands out.

So I should rice it some more to blend the hood in?

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Well it's your car dude, I really don't give a poo poo. I'm just saying that (to me) it looks a bit off. Either go all the way and make the car look like a performance model or don't bother at all.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Shaocaholica posted:

How are they incorrectly describing performance?

Uhhhh, aren't they are from the higher performance version of your car? Honest question cause that was my understanding.

e: different market, ignore me

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 9, 2011

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Ziploc posted:

They are from the Australian and Japanese versions of the -same- model and trim. I'm in the US.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Scabrous Teat posted:

Well it's your car dude, I really don't give a poo poo. I'm just saying that (to me) it looks a bit off. Either go all the way and make the car look like a performance model or don't bother at all.

It pretty much looks like an evo don't you think? I'm not going for the 100% evo look by any means but even if I were the remaining differences are prohibitively expensive.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Yeah, now that you mention it it does look like an Evo (minus some minor details). I thought Evos had more extravagant bodywork, but I guess I just forgot what they look like since I rarely see them. So I suppose my issue is more with the design of the hood itself and not with your car..

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Boss posted:

Love these trucks. I've got a 99 F-150 right now and I'm thinking I'll pick up a lightly used 2011 in a couple years so long as mine doesnt poo poo the bed before then (which I doubt it will). How does the Ecoboost sound compared to the 5.0? It's a fairly petty difference but I'll be damned if I don't like the way a healthy V8 sounds.

It's quiet. Sitting there you can barely tell an engine is running until you hit the gas and 1700 rpm hits and the turbos kick in then you are gone. Turn off the traction stuff and I was able to spiin the tires up to 3rd gear. You get the 420 ftlbs just before 2500 rpm.

When the turbos kick in you can hear the exhaust and it's not bad at all but it's not V8 rumble, yet not really v6 *turbo* scream either because you have a lot of pipe under there to let it mellow and deepen.

The lovely thing is that right now Ford is saying if you change out the exhaust and come in with engine/turbo problems they will "possibly" void the engine warranty. They are a bit touchy with the ecoboost right now but oh well. I miss the v8 rumble out of my 5.4 in last truck with magnaflows but I love the power and mpg I am getting with the eco more.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

Xeno posted:

Gave it a clean:

Lago di Como in Italy. The views are fantastic and there's some great villas there you can visit: Villa del Balbianello, Villa Erba, Villa Cipressi, etc all amazing places to snap pictures with your Ferrari. I'm not sure if the route from Monaco takes you through Switzerland, but it's definitely one of the most scenic mountain drives I've ever taken, just be sure to exit at a few of the mountain villages to stretch your legs and soak in the sights. After your done enjoying the scenic views you can swing down to Maranello and see where your baby was born. A cruise around the coast of the Adriatic Sea will take your towards Slovenia and Croatia. I would keep going to Croatia

e: I took some really crappy pictures when I went, none starring my car because I'm an idiot.

Mr.Peabody fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 9, 2011

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Tindjin posted:

It's quiet. Sitting there you can barely tell an engine is running until you hit the gas and 1700 rpm hits and the turbos kick in then you are gone. Turn off the traction stuff and I was able to spiin the tires up to 3rd gear. You get the 420 ftlbs just before 2500 rpm.

When the turbos kick in you can hear the exhaust and it's not bad at all but it's not V8 rumble, yet not really v6 *turbo* scream either because you have a lot of pipe under there to let it mellow and deepen.

The lovely thing is that right now Ford is saying if you change out the exhaust and come in with engine/turbo problems they will "possibly" void the engine warranty. They are a bit touchy with the ecoboost right now but oh well. I miss the v8 rumble out of my 5.4 in last truck with magnaflows but I love the power and mpg I am getting with the eco more.

That seems like such an amazing engine to only be used in the F-150. But I guess a slightly modified version is in the Flex (WHY?) and the SHO. I am surprised it isn't at least in the Explorer. But I guess they didn't want to overlap with the Flex (god so ugly) and the F-150, which is a problem they have had in the past.

Although there are rumors they might throw it into a Lincoln at some point. Which might actually convince me to buy a used Lincoln when I become a family man in my mid to late 30s... or a SHO.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Gripen5 posted:

That seems like such an amazing engine to only be used in the F-150. But I guess a slightly modified version is in the Flex (WHY?) and the SHO. I am surprised it isn't at least in the Explorer. But I guess they didn't want to overlap with the Flex (god so ugly) and the F-150, which is a problem they have had in the past.

Although there are rumors they might throw it into a Lincoln at some point.

The Ecoboost V6 started out in transverse configuration. So this RWD application is the modified version, not the other way round.
The MKS and MKT already use the transverse Ecoboost V6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

kimbo305 posted:

The Ecoboost V6 started out in transverse configuration. So this RWD application is the modified version, not the other way round.
The MKS and MKT already use the transverse Ecoboost V6.

^^^ What kimbo said. I think it will show up in the Explorer and probably the Expedition at some point, they probably wanted to limit it to one application in the heavier vehicle to make sure it will work out.

Also, supposedly, next year's Ranger and others will have the 4 cylinder Eco in them. There is also a V8 version, rumor mill, being developed. If the v6 proves itself in trucks I bet Ford will start putting them in across the line.