Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The mysterious Diablo Jr. is still the best today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ultramantis Black is still pretty mysterious. I know of only one picture of him unmasked. It seems like he just strolls around the Philly area, in mask and character.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Ultramantis Black is still pretty mysterious. I know of only one picture of him unmasked. It seems like he just strolls around the Philly area, in mask and character.

And when he doesn't his most notable trait (his tattoos) are covered up so he probably just looks like a normal guy, until he breaks out the voice. And even then he might be a voice actor so he can change his voice at whim.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

And when he doesn't his most notable trait (his tattoos) are covered up so he probably just looks like a normal guy, until he breaks out the voice. And even then he might be a voice actor so he can change his voice at whim.
The rumor mill says he was once a professional pitcher for a Baseball team, but had to retire because he had hurt his arm. We had pictures of the guy we thought was him, but at the time I hadn't uncovered the maskless UMB picture. I don't quite remember if it was the same person or not.

Regardless, UMB's secret is pretty safe. He's one of the very few guys that people love for the character. He is very handsome, though.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Flameingblack posted:

The rumor mill says he was once a professional pitcher for a Baseball team, but had to retire because he had hurt his arm. We had pictures of the guy we thought was him, but at the time I hadn't uncovered the maskless UMB picture. I don't quite remember if it was the same person or not.

Regardless, UMB's secret is pretty safe. He's one of the very few guys that people love for the character. He is very handsome, though.

Every time I see one of his promos on youtube I think "man this guy has a GREAT set of teeth."

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

Every time I see one of his promos on youtube I think "man this guy has a GREAT set of teeth."
He goes to the same dentist as David Grohl.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

rotinaj posted:

But El Santo never unmasked

Actually, he unmasked on a talk show in 1984 less than a week before he died.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

404GoonNotFound posted:

Actually, he unmasked on a talk show in 1984 less than a week before he died.

Partially unmasked. Still the most we had seen of him, though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nobody will ever know the truth of who Giant Machine was.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The mystery of Giant Machine's identity is right up there with Mr. America's.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

oldpainless posted:

The mystery of Giant Machine's identity is right up there with Mr. America's.

Almost as big a mystery as the Midnight Rider...

...or Charlie Brown From Outta Town.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Most of his face got exposed during that match he had with Kizarny in.. New York? He tried to stay covered up for the crowd, but that camera guy kept trying to sneak a peek. :mad:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lone Rogue posted:

Triple H: Do I get my win back?
Warrior: No.
*both phones hang up at the same time*

What's the story behind this?

Also, UMB loving rules.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dickeye posted:

What's the story behind this?

Also, UMB loving rules.

Warrior beat HHH at Wrestlemania 12 after Triple H gave him a petigree.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Warrior kicked out of the pedigree at one.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Well, Warrior beat Triple H after Warrior took the pedigree and stayed down for about half a second.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
I think Warrior got up from the pedigree before Triple H

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Well, Warrior beat Triple H after Warrior took the pedigree and stayed down for about half a second.

Was Warrior supposed to lose?

Stupid question it was against Triple H.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dickeye posted:

Yes this was after the curtain call when Triple H got punished. It was just a joke how now both of them refuse to job.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is this your first month watching wrestling or something?

Warrior came back in 1996 because, like now, the WWF was sinking fast, and they found a panic button to mash. Warrior squashed HHH, who was at that point a low midcarder and about to be buried 6,000 feet under thanks to hugging Kevin Nash and Scott Hall at a Madison Square Garden house show since they were going to WCW.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Dickeye posted:

It was long before Triple H was a somebody.

Terrible quality version. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9dq6t_wrestlemania-xii-triple-h-vs-ultima_sport

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
we never did figure out who ultimate warrior really was

we only know him as warrior

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Flameingblack posted:

I believe I've seen the same one. It was a bunch of wrestlers with no masks, and figuring it out could be a bit of a chore but Mantis is definitely the cute one (after Bryce of course).

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

El Generico
http://i.imgur.com/6pcUw.jpg

Stigma, Hydra, Ultramantis Black, Delirious
http://i.imgur.com/B5NxD.jpg

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Dickeye posted:

No, but he didn't exactly take pains to make the match anything watchable.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain Charisma posted:

Is this your first month watching wrestling or something?

Warrior came back in 1996 because, like now, the WWF was sinking fast, and they found a panic button to mash. Warrior squashed HHH, who was at that point a low midcarder and about to be buried 6,000 feet under thanks to hugging Kevin Nash and Scott Hall at a Madison Square Garden house show since they were going to WCW.

Yeah I've posted a couple times about how I just started watching at Wrestlemania and I've actually got a thread where I'm watching Attitude Era stuff for the first time so thanks for being a dick I guess.

Also thanks for the answer too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I believe I've seen the same one. It was a bunch of wrestlers with no masks, and figuring it out could be a bit of a chore but Mantis is definitely the cute one (after Bryce of course).
I know who every single person in the picture is, I even marked it. Then it got passed around the internet. Whoops.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Matlock posted:

El Generico
http://i.imgur.com/6pcUw.jpg

Stigma, Hydra, Ultramantis Black, Delirious
http://i.imgur.com/B5NxD.jpg

You're a Grinch.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

At least I didn't post them inline :shobon:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
If that's Mantis, then he's really hunched over and is also Roderick Strong.

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

It was long before Triple H was a somebody.

Terrible quality version. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9dq6t_wrestlemania-xii-triple-h-vs-ultima_sport

I love that there's a youtube video of every Wrestlemania 12 match except the HHH squash.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Flameingblack posted:

I know who every single person in the picture is, I even marked it. Then it got passed around the internet. Whoops.

Relatedly, I don't think I've ever seen Super Dragon without his mask.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Has Lyger been seen unmasked? The closest I can think of is the Muta match where he had the face paint but I don't remember ever seeing his actual face without a mask/paint.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Suben posted:

Has Lyger been seen unmasked? The closest I can think of is the Muta match where he had the face paint but I don't remember ever seeing his actual face without a mask/paint.

Its a bit tiny but:
http://i.imgur.com/SBE2a.jpg
Bonus matches:
Pre-mask Liger vs Owen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es_Ff9HRAVA
Pre-mask Liger vs Rollerball Rocco (pre-mask Black Tiger): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=panKSi2jKhE&feature=related

Lloyd Van Buren fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 12, 2011

ProFro
Jun 29, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes this was after the curtain call when Triple H got punished. It was just a joke how now both of them refuse to job.

Actually it was before the curtain call, which makes it even more bizarre.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

There needs to be a rule about posting masked dudes unmasked without spoiler tags.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Sorry mate, linked it instead.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I remember someone posted the Stigma/Hydra(UMB/Delirious one some time ago but only pointed out Delirious. Who is pretty much the one guy in the picture who stays completely recognizable.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

Relatedly, I don't think I've ever seen Super Dragon without his mask.
He had a mask vs mask match against Taru some time ago, where Taru ripped his mask almost completely off, and you could see his whole face clearly.

He is truly, the blackest man in professional wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

Suben posted:

He used to wrestle in Stampede before he was Liger, so that was before he even had a mask. Does that count?

Edit: Beaten hard, so sorry.

45ShadesOfDeath fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 12, 2011