Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

The tmobile girl is hot, but the guy rapping or whatever you want to call it is annoying as hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ygXJqchBo

Then theres the commercial for verizon? where the moms shopping for a new phone and the sales guy asks if she needs help and nerd white kid with a fro and big gulp steps out from behind her and goes 'i got this'. Then he quizzes the sales guy on phone features and goes, ok hes cool.. and walks away.

Error 404 NpH fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
The "oy me hent-ay, lt's get online" optimum online commercial with the regaetone and the rapping sea monster and the pirate hats?

That was the best/worst ad ever.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It is a true classic.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well I don't know about the commercial but that seems like a pretty good deal!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

It is a true classic.

Hey that thing is catchy. I'd buy some cable from them

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I've no interest to see Cars 2 at all. I think it's a pointless sequel to one of Pixar's weakest films, but hey, $$$ in merchandising. That doesn't mean I need to see the State Farm commercial with Mater and the two spy cars every single goddamn commercial break on any channel at any time, anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0SPudMl4Fc

You're losing my faith, Pixar.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Not really up to Pixar what Disney does with the marketing

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I know this is the hate thread, but I saw this in the theatre yesterday and loved it. Probably will start to hate it with time, but for now, I still think it's pretty fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HrQbjPjbBA

Even more cats!

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Tupping Liberty posted:

I know this is the hate thread, but I saw this in the theatre yesterday and loved it. Probably will start to hate it with time, but for now, I still think it's pretty fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HrQbjPjbBA

Even more cats!

The other day, I was watching The Price is Right on cbs.com and that commercial played during every ad break. It got annoying really quick.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

AT&T commercial with the picture of a spider and the screaming chick. Needs no elaboration.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yeah, violent shrieking out of nowhere doesn't endear me to their product.

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008
The joke is kind of funny (although it's been done before), but, yeah, the screaming is really off-putting.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

rockinricky posted:

The other day, I was watching The Price is Right on cbs.com and that commercial played during every ad break. It got annoying really quick.

At least they don't talk.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

You Are A Elf posted:

I've no interest to see Cars 2 at all. I think it's a pointless sequel to one of Pixar's weakest films, but hey, $$$ in merchandising. That doesn't mean I need to see the State Farm commercial with Mater and the two spy cars every single goddamn commercial break on any channel at any time, anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0SPudMl4Fc

You're losing my faith, Pixar.
The thing that gets me about this commercial is this:

In Cars, the cars are people, right? But the pet boutique ALSO has cars in it! So in the Cars universe, people have other people for pets? :psyduck:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

bucksmash posted:

To remedy this, however, I watched my new favorite ad, the Domino's "Decisions" ad, if only for the very last second. Even if it's fake, my friends and I all jaw dropped then started laughing uncontrollably.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ9HaKkzJAY
Domino's - Decisions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ9HaKkzJAY

Holy poo poo, The Noid cameo! It's like it's 1989 all over again!

Reo posted:

In Cars, the cars are people, right? But the pet boutique ALSO has cars in it! So in the Cars universe, people have other people for pets? :psyduck:

Everything in the Cars universe is cars, even bugs.

Except Planes. Planes are their own thing, apparently.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Reo posted:

The Cars universe is a hosed-up place, man. It's not too far off from the core Disney universe though, where dog-men have dogs for pets. I guess it's some kind of Planet of the Apes type thing.

I would watch Planet of the Vehicles, where the second-class vehicles rebel.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Holy poo poo, The Noid cameo! It's like it's 1989 all over again!

Everything in the Cars universe is cars, even bugs.

Except Planes. Planes are their own thing, apparently.

So, do the planes build the cars, or the cars build the planes? Or is there something much more sinister at work manufacturing these sentient machines?

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Iron Crowned posted:

So, do the planes build the cars, or the cars build the planes? Or is there something much more sinister at work manufacturing these sentient machines?

Cars is the logical conclusion to the end of the Stephen King short story "Trucks".

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MD2020 posted:

Cars is the logical conclusion to the end of the Stephen King short story "Trucks".

So it's the sequel to Maximum Overdrive then? :v:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I don't think so. The natural, geological forces of the planet on which Cars takes place make mountains in the shape of cadillacs. It'd take more than a few days in the tail of a comet to do that to Earth. :spergin:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Error 404 NpH posted:

The tmobile girl is hot, but the guy rapping or whatever you want to call it is annoying as hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ygXJqchBo
I still find it really insane how T-Mobile continues to air their ads bashing AT&T when they got bought out by them 3+ months ago. I'm also not sure if you have T-Mobile or go get a phone from them now you'll even have one of those special contracts once the merger is approved. I sincerely AT&T lets those exist.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Iron Crowned posted:

So it's the sequel to Maximum Overdrive then? :v:

I never saw Maximum Overdrive in full; mostly just clips on Youtube. So I wasn't sure how that ended.

Since Trucks had more of an open-ended conclusion, I went with that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still find it really insane how T-Mobile continues to air their ads bashing AT&T when they got bought out by them 3+ months ago. I'm also not sure if you have T-Mobile or go get a phone from them now you'll even have one of those special contracts once the merger is approved. I sincerely AT&T lets those exist.

Alltel was still running ads ripping Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile for quite a while after the Verizon purchase was cleared, too. :shepface:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't know which does which. All I know is the cars, which are alive, ride inside the planes, which are also alive.

which is horrifying.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MD2020 posted:

I never saw Maximum Overdrive in full; mostly just clips on Youtube. So I wasn't sure how that ended.

Since Trucks had more of an open-ended conclusion, I went with that.

The surviving members of the gas station went out to sea on a boat where Lisa Simpsons kept annoying them about stuff until they heard a radio announcer saying the comet was destroyed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's funny too, since the AT&T commercials are all about how they and T-Mobile are one company now.

T-Mobile was the only one left with remotely reasonable plans and contracts, who do I switch to once my contract is up? :(

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Are drugs turning your child into a stranger?

:rolleyes: loving hate those PSA's.

Death Bear
Apr 1, 2010
Just saw this on CN and cracked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFBVkuyoUyk

:byodood:: DINOSAUR
:byodame:: BALL
:smug:: What's that, kids?

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

der juicen posted:

Are drugs turning your child into a stranger?

:rolleyes: loving hate those PSA's.

This was the peak of Drug PSA's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY1Pl1zGowc

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The AT&T / T-Mobile merger is still many months from being anywhere near complete. They're still two totally separate competitors until the government okay's the merger.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Oh hey, I was waiting for this thread to resurface.

Not really a hate ad, but if anyone else lives in the area of Jos. A Bank, their ad announcer is literally the most excited person who has ever sold me a suit. It's like he has an orgasm every time he says the store name or a low, low price.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I don't know which does which. All I know is the cars, which are alive, ride inside the planes, which are also alive.

which is horrifying.

That would be like me dating a really fat woman...and then living inside her.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

which is horrifying.

Pretty sure Cars showed living military jets flying in formation over the racetrack at one point. I bet their missiles are alive, too.

Briefly, gloriously alive.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
We've already had "You don't have an iPhone" and "Dr. Pepper tastes like Dr. Pepper", but in the last half hour or so, I've seen Dunkin' Donuts' Frozen Hot Chocolate tastes like frozen hot chocolate at least 5 times. It was annoying te first time, and it gets moreso each time.

Also, DQ ads are just getting more and more annoying. It'd almost be impressive if it didn't drive me so crazy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

This was the peak of Drug PSA's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY1Pl1zGowc

You know, meth is one of the few drugs I've never tried/never intend to try, but that ad kind of seems like an endorsement for it. "It makes you clean your apartment!" :j:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
clean the apartment is kind of a metaphor for scratch all your skin off, but yeah, pretty much.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I believe the mute button was specifically invented for commercial breaks on SportSouth. The Braves games run about four different ads, with frequent showings of the flash mob.

The Shane Co. radio ads drive me insane. The guy's voice just grates and how long they run are ridiculous.

This one is a combination of every negative thing you can think of: It's the CREDIT MacDADDY! Bless small television stations. Bless them all. This aired on WALB-TV.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SpacePig posted:

Also, DQ ads are just getting more and more annoying. It'd almost be impressive if it didn't drive me so crazy.
Look! Randomness! I'm just like the Old Spice guy!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

The Miracle posted:

Look! Randomness! I'm just like the Old Spice guy!

Look at that thing! People are goldfish so I'll point out every mundane detail of our WAAACKY commercial! Otherwise they might miss that the cloud is talking or that my torso is on backwards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Not really an ad as much as bad marketing but Dr. Pepper has started a campaign distributing tee shirts that read I <3 DP.