Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

In the Plush skin in SABNZBD, there are a bunch of icons for stuff in the processed items list. Some of them are lit up and have hover info, but others are grey and just show a "?". Looks like a book and a star, the first two. Any idea what those are?

(Maybe showing something other than "?" for the mouseover would be better?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

smackfu posted:

In the Plush skin in SABNZBD, there are a bunch of icons for stuff in the processed items list. Some of them are lit up and have hover info, but others are grey and just show a "?". Looks like a book and a star, the first two. Any idea what those are?

(Maybe showing something other than "?" for the mouseover would be better?)

The star is an informational URL that is sometimes encoded. A link to an IMDB page or TV shows website, usually TVRage. They should all mouseover and have something displayed though. Like this:

Is the other one one of these?

Left to right they're URL, Download size, download time/average speed, quick check/repair status, Unpack status/time. The only other icon I've come across in my current list of 1200 downloads is one for unpacking failed.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This is what I get:

The little green dot actually shows as a "?" on my screen but for some reason Windows 7 screencap won't capture it.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

td4guy posted:

Hey inpheaux, a couple of weeks ago I emailed you an NZB that failed to unrar but SABnzbd deleted the rar set anyway. It was weird. Did you ever look into that?
Sorry, I forgot about it, then I was lazy.

I just re-downloaded it using 0.6.4 and Giganews and it passed quick check and unrarred fine.

Bushwack
Aug 29, 2000

smackfu posted:

This is what I get:

The little green dot actually shows as a "?" on my screen but for some reason Windows 7 screencap won't capture it.

I think those are only filled in when the nzb is loaded from certain index sites. It seems like only the items loaded from newzbin have those icons for me.

The open book links to the newzbin detail page about the post and the star to tvrage or imdb.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
I'm new to this whole deal. I installed sabnzbd and then Sick Beard. I then created some shows I want to have downloaded and selected all the servers it allowed me to. Is that enough for sabnzbd to download them for me when they are available?

I tried selecting a random episode from a tv show, and nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
You need to set up Sickbeard to talk to SAB.

IanMalcolm
Jan 22, 2010
SAB 0.6.4 just hit the ports tree for FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE and boy is it cool :D

WayyyTooMuchIrony
Jun 28, 2008
For anyone using chrome or greasemonkey in conjunction with nzbs.org:

better nzbs.org
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/81145

haven't seen it posted here so I thought I would share. It makes things real pretty like.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is there a guide handy for how to move files from my completed downloads folder to my media folder? I'm using Sick Beard and SABnzbd. I've tried playing around with the postprocessing scripts that come with SB but it doesn't seem to be working.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Turn off post-processing for TV shows in SABNZBd
Configure the autoProcessTV.cfg file that comes with Sickbeard, then move that folder somewhere that SAB has access to.
In SAB > Config > Categories, assign sabToSickbeard.exe as the default script for your TV shows.
In Sickbeard > Config > Post Processing, check to enable Rename Episodes. Scroll down and configure your metadata and naming preferences.

That should do it!

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
It works! Awesome. Thanks.

Lemons
Jul 18, 2003

WayyyTooMuchIrony posted:

For anyone using chrome or greasemonkey in conjunction with nzbs.org:

better nzbs.org
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/81145

haven't seen it posted here so I thought I would share. It makes things real pretty like.

Thanks for posting this, it's pretty good.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Is the retention on Newsdemon really that bad or do they delete posts due to DMCA notices?

I'm trying to download two nzbs. One 100 days old, the other 200 days old. Both fail because the post is no longer on the server. I tried with both SABnzbd and Newsbin. Tried the .nzb from nzbmatrix.com and nzbs.org

Recent posts are fine though.

Secx fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 11, 2011

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Secx posted:

Is the retention on Newsdemon really that bad or do they delete posts due to DMCA notices?

I'm trying to download two nzbs. One 100 days old, the other 200 days old. Both fail because the post is no longer on the server. I tried with both SABnzbd and Newsbin. Tried the .nzb from nzbmatrix.com and nzbs.org

It's Highwinds, they really are that bad.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Secx posted:

DMCA takedowns. Retention is pretty good on things that aren't taken down. I've pulled down 900+ day files.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Secx posted:

I've been having tons of completion problems with them recently, with stuff that should be well within their retention (4-500 days). When I first signed up I didn't have any problems older stuff. I was even able to complete an 800 day old download that was incomplete from my previous provider (NewsgroupDirect...another Highwinds reseller...explain that one for me). Is the multitude of new indexers making it easier for the copyright holders to send DMCA takedown notices for older posts? Or maybe I just have extremely bad luck in picking older stuff to download.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

The Modern Leper posted:

You can delete the folders; they'll just be re-created when a new episode becomes available.

This is from 10 days ago, but I just tested it. Apparently Sickbeard can't post-process the files if the show folder doesn't exist.

"Processing failed for E:\Usenet\TV\The.Show.Name.720p.HDTV.x264-GrOuPnAmE\the.show.name.720p.hdtv.x264-GrOuPnAmE.mkv: Unable to post-process an episode if the show dir doesn't exist, quitting"

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

So I have a 98 day old file and there's something like 180 missing blocks, and all the PAR2 files are damaged.

I can't find the same file anywhere, is there any hope? :(

mpeg4v3
Apr 8, 2004
that lurker in the corner
I've been using UseNetNow (same company that owns BlockNews) for the past six months (since their Thanksgiving deal), and I've noticed that lately, I'm running into a LOT of incompletes, a lot of the time just-barely, too (like, 30 blocks needed after par2s out of 2,500 total). I'm just wondering if this is all just DMCA bullshit, or if anyone else running UseNetNow/BlockNews has been seeing the same sort of issues and has switched to a different provider that hasn't been having issues.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
Come to think of it I had the same thing happen the other day for the first time except with Giganews. Interesting.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

mpeg4v3 posted:

I've been using UseNetNow (same company that owns BlockNews) for the past six months (since their Thanksgiving deal), and I've noticed that lately, I'm running into a LOT of incompletes, a lot of the time just-barely, too (like, 30 blocks needed after par2s out of 2,500 total). I'm just wondering if this is all just DMCA bullshit, or if anyone else running UseNetNow/BlockNews has been seeing the same sort of issues and has switched to a different provider that hasn't been having issues.

I've been having this problem too (on Blocknews), even on things that I've downloaded a few days previous and had to redownload because I'm an idiot and accidentally deleted them. Since they're suddenly missing a few bytes here and there on the RARs like 10 blocks from the PAR sets I figure it has to be intentional.

Scarboy
Jan 31, 2001

Good Luck!
Is there any way to set sabnzbd to retry downloading missing articles on a failed job? A post was missing 3-4 parts on every rar on newshosting (a friends account, not mine) and it seems wasteful to delete a bunch of rars just to get those missing articles on astraweb.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Scarboy posted:

Is there any way to set sabnzbd to retry downloading missing articles on a failed job? A post was missing 3-4 parts on every rar on newshosting (a friends account, not mine) and it seems wasteful to delete a bunch of rars just to get those missing articles on astraweb.
Uhhhh, if it's in your history and you're on 0.6.x you should have a "retry" button that does exactly what you want.

Scarboy
Jan 31, 2001

Good Luck!

inpheaux posted:

Uhhhh, if it's in your history and you're on 0.6.x you should have a "retry" button that does exactly what you want.

I've tried this but the incomplete rars don't change at all. If i delete the rars that par2 claims are incomplete and then retry it will redownload it and par2 can repair the rest fine. I'm probably expecting sabnzbd to do a little too much here.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

inpheaux posted:

I think what he wants it to do is force it to try redownloading from a different server. I've noticed that since many articles are becoming only slightly corrupted (probably due to DMCA requests?) 0.6 will just try to download it again from the same server, so all it does is redownload the corrupt file.

Then again, it may actually be getting them from a different server anyway and it's also corrupted there - I have several set up as backups but there's no easy way of telling which one it came from or which one had the corrupted file (or if it's all of them). Maybe something to look into for 0.7?

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

amf5 posted:

I think what he wants it to do is force it to try redownloading from a different server. I've noticed that since many articles are becoming only slightly corrupted (probably due to DMCA requests?) 0.6 will just try to download it again from the same server, so all it does is redownload the corrupt file.
If you want to force it to download from a new server, disable the old one and enable only the new server.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Not a big deal but is there going to be a new release soon? 0.6.4 broke the on finish stuff so I can't auto-sleep after finishing the queue anymore. I don't mind waiting a bit but if its going to be a few weeks before the next release then I'll just downgrade to 0.6.2 until then.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Gunslinger posted:

Not a big deal but is there going to be a new release soon? 0.6.4 broke the on finish stuff so I can't auto-sleep after finishing the queue anymore. I don't mind waiting a bit but if its going to be a few weeks before the next release then I'll just downgrade to 0.6.2 until then.

I saw 0.6.5 being prepared this morning.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

paradigmm posted:

I saw 0.6.5 being prepared this morning.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

quote:

Yeah, unfortunately I've never seen the Retry functionality actually work. I'll have to try manually disabling the first server next time and see if that does the trick. Seems kind of an odd way to do it though.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

I find that as soon as my history in SABnzbd gets to be more than 20+ items, that it takes forever to bring up the history anymore, sometimes taking a minute plus. Is this considered normal? If so, are there any plans to let you delete multiple history items at once?

At the moment I can pretty much delete a item from history, wait a minute for it to reload, delete another etc, or clear the entire history but I'd much rather be able to say 'Delete everything but the last two weeks worth of items'.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
What theme or skin are you using? The Plush theme should have the ability to purge both download and history lists. Want to give that a shot?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Kachunkachunk posted:

What theme or skin are you using? The Plush theme should have the ability to purge both download and history lists. Want to give that a shot?

He pretty specifically said he can purge the list but would prefer to leave X amount of days worth.

I solved the slowness problem by only showing 15 of 20 history items per page. Have you tried that?

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

He pretty specifically said he can purge the list but would prefer to leave X amount of days worth.

I solved the slowness problem by only showing 15 of 20 history items per page. Have you tried that?

Is this a Plush only option? I can't seem to find a option to only show only a certain number of options on a page.

Theres a good chance just switching to the plush theme would probably solve the problem but I really really hate that theme, I think it looks ugly as hell as tries too hard, I much prefer the classic theme. I know they're really pushing the plush theme and doing away with classic soon though aren't they?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Lord Dekks posted:

Is this a Plush only option? I can't seem to find a option to only show only a certain number of options on a page.

Theres a good chance just switching to the plush theme would probably solve the problem but I really really hate that theme, I think it looks ugly as hell as tries too hard,

Tries too hard to do what? It's perfectly functional and isn't cluttered or anything so I don't understand this stance. When was the last time you used it?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Can someone help me with setting up NZB.su? It worked the first time I set it up a few days ago, but just tried it again and it stopped working. Nothing was changed, and I haven't gone over my daily limit or anything. I have 26 grabs total from many months of membership.

noscript is allowing all for the site. I am using most recent version of Sabznbd and nzbdsatus for firefox 4.0. What could be wrong?

I see the SAB download button on nzb.su, but absolutely nothing happens when I click on it.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

Lord Dekks posted:

Theres a good chance just switching to the plush theme would probably solve the problem but I really really hate that theme, I think it looks ugly as hell as tries too hard, I much prefer the classic theme. I know they're really pushing the plush theme and doing away with classic soon though aren't they?

Just switch already it will take you exactly 15 minutes for you to get over yourself and enjoy all the new features.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

I have tried recently and don't feel it adds anything and looks really ugly, I know a lot of people love it but I don't, I'm not going to argue over the internet over the aesthetics of a nzb downloader :v:

I'll probably just start purging my history weekly in response to the slow history loading program.

widds2v
Aug 23, 2004
Sorry, I'm socially retarded.

mpeg4v3 posted:

A lot of stuff recently is being messed up by "Private Usenet Index" sites renaming files with illegal characters. There are tons of posts on the NZBS.org site about it. Most of them fail PAR checks but if you just extract with "keep broken files" checked it comes out perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Ugh, windows permissions issues ahoy.

Basically, SB/CP download stuff into their temporary folder and then rename/move it to individual folders across a couple of different drives (not a problem here) - those folders are then shared across the network and imported by xbmc as sources. My problem is that I need to have the security on new files set to allow read for Everyone (otherwise the networked xbmc pc can't play it). Anyone else come across this? I have the security options on both the shared folders and temporary download folders set to allow read for Everyone, but the individual files being downloaded don't get that set, so while the folder is shared, the file itself can't be accessed.