Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starshine
Nov 26, 2007
IMO it also depends on the setup of your house and whether you're using cloth or disposables. We use the changing table for every change now, but it's in our laundry room, which makes cloth diapering really easy. It's only like 15 feet from our bedroom so it's not a big deal to take her in there at night, either.

My SIL, on the other hand, uses disposables and changes her daughter on the couch constantly. Their nursery, with change table, is upstairs and not really worth the trip for them.

I also have a convertible dresser/change table which will be her dresser in the nursery once we're done diapering, so it works great for us. Pics from before she was born:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher
I never had a changing table for any of my kids. I just change them on the bed when they're little (I have a changing pad sitting on the bed to protect the sheets in case of spillage) and then on the rug on the bathroom floor when they're bigger. I don't have any back issues, so this has worked out great.

randomfuss
Dec 30, 2006
I usa a changing pad on a table. I have back problems but changing tables are too high for me cuz I am short.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
We went to the first appointment today. Doctor said the kid looks great and healthy, we didn't get to hear the heartbeat but we did see it. The doctor estimated it to be around 150 bpm. We got a shiny new photo for the grandparents to cry over too. Looks like January 19th, 2012 is the magic day.

A question though, did anyone else start getting nasty headaches during the first trimester? I'm 8 weeks, 4 days and they started in over the weekend. They're just brutal and I'm looking for something other than naps to turn to since I work all day. Any suggestions?

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

^^ The really bad headaches were one of my first symptoms. Holy hell, they were awful. Talk to your OB about getting a prescription to help make them tolerable. I ended up caving in and doing this because tylenol was doing nothing.

I use our changing table constantly. We're lucky that it can fit in our closet. I just bought some of those square canvas containers to put clothes and cloth diapers in (also doubles as a dresser).

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 14, 2011

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007
I got terrible headaches all throughout my first trimester. My OB prescribed Tylenol with codeine and it didn't do poo poo, but helped me sleep through the night so I would occasionally take one when it got bad enough. I'm sure there are better options, but definitely bring it up if it's bothering you.

We have a changing pad on top of her dresser, which is really convenient when she needs a change and a change of clothes too. I think we both almost ALWAYS use the changing table, we both love it. We have decals on the wall above it she loves to look at.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
My wife came back from a blood test with very low iron count (anemia) and other than daily iron pills is there particular foods with higher content? Red meats? Etc? She was around 13% of what her body was supposed to have, what are the negative side effects?

Also, stroller and baby seats. Is there a particular reason baby car seats can't be bought from the states and used in canada? Atleast I haven't found a store online that has been willing to ship it over the border.

Wifes due beginning of september, we're just getting everything sorted.

Dr. Octagon
Aug 12, 2008

Ride or Die Bitch, Esq.
Hi Pregnancy thread!

I'm 23 weeks along with our first baby. I'm just starting to pick out items for a registry, and realizing that I hate most of what's available. Why does the general design theme for baby stuff seem to be "jam it full of as much colorful, noisy plastic poo poo as possible?" I just don't get why the idea is throw a billion stimuli at babies when they're brand new to the world. Also, my 6 month old nephew has a ton of toys, and his favorite thing is literally a wet rag. From what I've found, it seems like simple, sturdy items are only available at three times the price of the garish plastic poo poo. In particular, I'm looking for a bouncy seat and/or jumper that isn't loaded with dangling monkeys or crabs or whatever. Any recommendations?

Also, does anyone do any pregnant gardening? I was going to use neem oil to get rid of whatever's been eating little holes in my tomato seedlings. I have done this in the past, but the wiki for neem oil indicates that it can act as an abortifacient (preventing implantation), and it shouldn't be consumed by pregnant women. I'd be spraying the plants with a very dilute mixture of neem oil, mild soap, and water, and obviously washing any produce I harvest. I know this is an oddly specific question, and I plan on asking my OB at my next appointment tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone here happened to have experience with this?

Thomase, I don't eat red meat, so I get most of my iron from spinach, lentils, and eggs. Just FYI, iron supplements might make her constipated!

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
Dr Octagon, first off, congrats! I had better luck finding more muted toys in hippie stores. Any of the online natural toys and organic toys stores should have more natural looking stuff. I prefer less bright crazy colors myself.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
Does anyone know of a good book for expectant dads? I want to get my husband one as his first father's day gift.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Dr. Octagon posted:

Also, does anyone do any pregnant gardening? I was going to use neem oil to get rid of whatever's been eating little holes in my tomato seedlings. I have done this in the past, but the wiki for neem oil indicates that it can act as an abortifacient (preventing implantation), and it shouldn't be consumed by pregnant women. I'd be spraying the plants with a very dilute mixture of neem oil, mild soap, and water, and obviously washing any produce I harvest. I know this is an oddly specific question, and I plan on asking my OB at my next appointment tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone here happened to have experience with this?

I've done pregnant chemical paint stripping, and pregnant PVC pipe gluing, and when I fessed up, my OB was like "yeah I'm not that worried for you." I'm 21 weeks along and my little hellion is still having some great daily dance parties on my spleen. I imagine most of the anti-pregnancy warnings are so that the companies can cover their asses in the 0.0001% chance that it causes complications, or if they think you'll work with it and inhale the fumes every day of your pregnancy.

Just wear gloves and try not to rub it all over your skin and I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm convinced that the entire world just wants us pregnant ladies to stay in the kitchen cause it's the only thing that's considered safe for us.

This week, I get to do pregnant weeding in my garden. Should be fun!

Thomas posted:

My wife came back from a blood test with very low iron count (anemia) and other than daily iron pills is there particular foods with higher content? Red meats? Etc? She was around 13% of what her body was supposed to have, what are the negative side effects?

I got diagnosed with anemia too, so I blithely went out and got the full out 325mg ferrous sulfate tablets and took them daily, figuring I could nuke it from orbit. My stool turned black, I felt like poo poo with worse nausea than I did in my first trimester, and my acid reflux got worse. So I quit the iron cold turkey, gave my body a week to get it out of my system, and switched to a much lower dose in a slow-release form. My OB told me that basically whatever I could take and tolerate would help, I don't think there's any sort of level that you have to shoot for. But yeah, too much iron is not a pleasant thing.

Just make sure your wife takes it with a meal or after eating something. Iron on an empty stomach is not fun, even in slow-release form.

Now my question for the thread. Has anyone else developed weird rear end bruising during pregnancy? One day while in the bathroom I was shocked to discover a nasty bruise on my knee, with subcutaneous bleeding and everything... made stranger by the fact that my knee didn't hurt at all. I certainly don't remember hitting my knee into anything hard enough to cause a bruise like that, and when I prod the area there's no soreness. Is this my body getting all freaky on me, or something else entirely?

(Doing great otherwise, we found out it's gonna be a boy, and at 16 weeks they told me he looks to be about 17 and 1/2 weeks developed. I'm growing a monster!)

Prolonged Shame
Sep 5, 2004

Dr. Octagon posted:

Hi Pregnancy thread!

I'm 23 weeks along with our first baby. I'm just starting to pick out items for a registry, and realizing that I hate most of what's available. Why does the general design theme for baby stuff seem to be "jam it full of as much colorful, noisy plastic poo poo as possible?" I just don't get why the idea is throw a billion stimuli at babies when they're brand new to the world. Also, my 6 month old nephew has a ton of toys, and his favorite thing is literally a wet rag. From what I've found, it seems like simple, sturdy items are only available at three times the price of the garish plastic poo poo. In particular, I'm looking for a bouncy seat and/or jumper that isn't loaded with dangling monkeys or crabs or whatever. Any recommendations?

Oh my god if you find these mythical items let me know! So far all I've found toy-wise are some wooden toys and teethers, basic alphabet blocks, and my old silver rattle that my mom sent me. I keep seeing things online where parents spend the entire pregnancy designing and furnishing a beautiful nursery where everything matches and they somehow found bedding that's not covered with zoo animals or Winnie the Pooh, and then they have a shower and suddenly the room is full of giant playmats and swings and bouncers in a riot of clashing colors. The only baby items that seem to come in subdued colors are carseats.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Thomase posted:

Also, stroller and baby seats. Is there a particular reason baby car seats can't be bought from the states and used in canada? Atleast I haven't found a store online that has been willing to ship it over the border.

Wifes due beginning of september, we're just getting everything sorted.

Here's a handy list of iron-rich foods from the Red Cross: http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/health-and-wellness/iron-rich-foods

Taking iron supplements on a full stomach is really important. Also, when they say iron supplements "may" darken the stool or cause constipation, they mean "almost certainly will."

I really appreciate all the opinions on changing tables. I don't want to go overboard on baby stuff, but it sounds like they are worth having. I think I'll make one or buy a secondhand dresser and put a changing pad on top.

Natzor
Oct 8, 2006
This is going to be TMI, but I can't find a good answer online and its the middle of the night or I would call the doctor. I estimate that I am 4 weeks, and my first appointment is next week. I have a small amount of very very light brown discharge, but no cramping or anything else. Any thoughts on what this could be? My mind immediately jumps to miscarriage, but what do I know.

Eia
Nov 5, 2003

Natzor posted:

This is going to be TMI, but I can't find a good answer online and its the middle of the night or I would call the doctor. I estimate that I am 4 weeks, and my first appointment is next week. I have a small amount of very very light brown discharge, but no cramping or anything else. Any thoughts on what this could be? My mind immediately jumps to miscarriage, but what do I know.

Very normal. Nothing to worry about. Commonplace.

Natzor
Oct 8, 2006

Eia posted:

Very normal. Nothing to worry about. Commonplace.

Oh thank you, now I can sleep!

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

Tesla Insanely Coil posted:

Does anyone know of a good book for expectant dads? I want to get my husband one as his first father's day gift.

We were given The Baby Owner's Manual as a gift, and my husband seems to like it. It's meant to be funny but it does have a lot of useful information.

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.

My husband has "Dad's Pregnant, Too!" and loves it. I read through it and it's funny while still trying to impart that the women get the worst end of the deal. The author also has forums and a weekly "what's going on with the pregnancy" emails as well.

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009

Bahunter22 posted:

We went to the first appointment today. Doctor said the kid looks great and healthy, we didn't get to hear the heartbeat but we did see it. The doctor estimated it to be around 150 bpm. We got a shiny new photo for the grandparents to cry over too. Looks like January 19th, 2012 is the magic day.

A question though, did anyone else start getting nasty headaches during the first trimester? I'm 8 weeks, 4 days and they started in over the weekend. They're just brutal and I'm looking for something other than naps to turn to since I work all day. Any suggestions?

I'm due the day before you :3:

Wish I could help with the headaches but mine have blessedly decreased so far...I've only had one or two since I got pregnant, as opposed to one or two a week beforehand. Tylenol has taken care of those I have gotten pretty fast.

chknflvrdramen
Sep 11, 2007
Making the world a better place... with cookies!
Depending on the cause of the headaches, prenatal massage and yoga can really help. They can be triggered by foods too, so try keeping a food journal to see if that's it.

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL

A SPECIAL UNICORN fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 15, 2019

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

Chicken McNobody posted:

I'm due the day before you :3:

Hooray!

I checked with the doctor and basically she said to take Tylenol, try caeffine and dark rooms and tough it out since I'm still in the first trimester. She didn't feel comfortable giving me anything until the second or third because the stuff she prescribes is class c. I guess that makes sense, it just makes less sense when I'm curled in a ball in agony. I suffered from migraines prior to pregnancy, which she is aware of, so its nothing new, just sucks more now that I can't kick back a couple Excedrin anymore. Hopefully it doesn't last long.

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

Thomase posted:

My favourite iron-rich food is liver, but my OB warned me against eating it during pregnancy due to the seeming correlation between high vitamin A intake & birth defects. (http://www.marchofdimes.com/nutrition_risks.html has more info on this.)

Spinach & sweet potatoes & lentils are all good, but I seem to remember that iron from vegetables isn't absorbed as well by the body. I could be wrong about that, though. A lot of breakfast cereals are also iron fortified (along with other vitamins), and when I was pregnant I found it a lot easier to eat tons of cereal than I did to eat tons of spinach. (I didn't have anemia, but my vitamins tended to make me vomit, so I ended up looking for maximising vitamins in my food as much as possible.)

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

Bahunter22 posted:

I checked with the doctor and basically she said to take Tylenol, try caeffine and dark rooms and tough it out since I'm still in the first trimester. She didn't feel comfortable giving me anything until the second or third because the stuff she prescribes is class c. I guess that makes sense, it just makes less sense when I'm curled in a ball in agony. I suffered from migraines prior to pregnancy, which she is aware of, so its nothing new, just sucks more now that I can't kick back a couple Excedrin anymore. Hopefully it doesn't last long.

I'm seconding the recommendation for pre-natal massage, even if it seems too crunchy granola, because a _good_ massage therapist can make such a huge difference in your physical comfort level during pregnancy. Curled in a ball in agony is no good at all.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

My wife got me this one and I found it to be very informative. It's got some humor in it as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Expectant-Father-Advice-Dads-Be/dp/0789205386

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
Thanks for the book suggestions. I decided to buy The Expectant Father. I also got the Mayo Clinic book and a Cul de Sac Treasury which is a very cute comic strip about a preschool girl and her family.

Mangue
Aug 3, 2007

Lazenca posted:

I had no idea iron wasn't supposed to be taken on an empty stomach. Whoops. I've been doing just that for months.

Actually iron is best absorbed on an empty stomach. It just causes more GI upset as you well know. I take mine right before I go to bed with a vitamin C pill (which also helps with absorption) and I don't suffer any nausea anymore. Though mine is a low dose, just the regular 27mg found in a prenatal. However, if you're taking more there is obviously a much higher chance of suffering from nausea/vomiting anyway.

zombie duck v2.0
Apr 4, 2006

"Don't forget taking your skin off, because pink works. It's sophisticated and sexy, stands out as springs hottest color."

Bahunter22 posted:

Hooray!

I've been prone to migraines since I was 10 years old and before I got pregnant I hadn't had one in almost a year. During my first trimester I had them pretty frequently but shortly after hitting my second trimester they were gone and I only had one or two during the rest of my pregnancy. I'm sure they will disappear for you soon enough. :) I always popped tylenol, even though it didn't help much for the headache, it did help me fall asleep and that normally did the trick.

In big news, Kaedence has graduated this thread as of yesterday! So, I figure a few cute baby pictures to commemorate can't hurt!

Day 1:

Day 3: First Doctor's Visit

2 Months, 1 Day: Family Photoshoot

3 Months:

The Young Marge
Jul 19, 2006

but no one can talk to a horse, of course.
That is one cute baby, zombie duck v2.0.

Dr. Octagon posted:

I'm 23 weeks along with our first baby. I'm just starting to pick out items for a registry, and realizing that I hate most of what's available.

YUP. I'm in exactly the same boat. And 90% of items for boys are stupid cars or sports.

Did anyone here register for cloth diapers at Babies R Us? The options available there are BumGenius 4.0, Flip, Econobum, Charlie Banana, G Diaper, Kushies all-in-ones and Cutey Baby all-in-ones. I'm looking for a one-size system that allows you to re-use the cover instead of washing the whole thing every time, so the Flips look good. They do have regular prefolds, but only one kind of cover (a Kushies brand one that got bad reviews on the Babies R Us website because of the velcro not sticking). So I'd have to get covers elsewhere. Any recommendations on any of this stuff?

Also, I wanted to suggest to anyone registering at Babies R Us that you just do everything online and not bother actually going to the store. The website has a better selection, and you won't get sucked into 20-minute car seat sales pitches when you try to return the scan gun and leave. I wish I'd just gone in and went straight to the stroller section instead of ever mentioning a registry.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist

The Young Marge posted:

YUP. I'm in exactly the same boat. And 90% of items for boys are stupid cars or sports.

Did anyone here register for cloth diapers at Babies R Us? The options available there are BumGenius 4.0, Flip, Econobum, Charlie Banana, G Diaper, Kushies all-in-ones and Cutey Baby all-in-ones. I'm looking for a one-size system that allows you to re-use the cover instead of washing the whole thing every time, so the Flips look good. They do have regular prefolds, but only one kind of cover (a Kushies brand one that got bad reviews on the Babies R Us website because of the velcro not sticking). So I'd have to get covers elsewhere. Any recommendations on any of this stuff?

Also, I wanted to suggest to anyone registering at Babies R Us that you just do everything online and not bother actually going to the store. The website has a better selection, and you won't get sucked into 20-minute car seat sales pitches when you try to return the scan gun and leave. I wish I'd just gone in and went straight to the stroller section instead of ever mentioning a registry.

Honestly, I would register for cloth diapers separately. Flips are fine, and I do like the covers, but the inserts, to me, are weird and bulkier than prefolds (the one I have is from about a year ago, so it's possible they've redesigned it). Plus, you can probably get covers and prefolds for less money if you go to greenmountaindiapers.com or if you buy used, e.g. from diaperswappers. I was able to do a diaper registry with a local cloth diaper shop, and the way it was done for my baby shower was my sister included a little card in with invitation with all of the registry info on it, and it said something like "FITD and Mr. FITD will be using cloth diapers. If you are interested in purchasing items from their cloth diaper registry, please email so-and-so." And even if you can't do a cloth registry, you can always say that money towards cloth diapers is appreciated or something like that.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Fire In The Disco posted:

Honestly, I would register for cloth diapers separately. Flips are fine, and I do like the covers, but the inserts, to me, are weird and bulkier than prefolds (the one I have is from about a year ago, so it's possible they've redesigned it).

I have actually noticed quite the opposite, especially when the prefold is trifolded. A friend of mine gave me all of her flip covers and inserts and they're much more streamlined than the prefolds w/ covers. They are several years old, as well.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
Maybe it's a size of baby difference? Cecilia's still pretty small, around 18 lbs, and I've had it since she was around 13-14 lbs. Maybe they work well for bigger toddlers?

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

The Young Marge posted:

Have you looked at the Carter's line at Target or Old Navy/Baby Gap? I've found lots of cute baby clothes with sweet giraffes or turtles or other things that aren't cars or sports. (Neither of which are adorable. :colbert:)

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2001
Forum Veteran
I know I'm totally a flips mormon, but the microfiber inserts are in no way bulky. Maybe you are thinking of the bamboo inserts which are pretty bulky to fold, but I prefer them over the microfiber.

The thing with prefolds is that some people hate snappis. I used snappis for a while because Lorelai was too small for the flips cover (this will be hilarious to anyone who knows how fat my kid is). I was soooo happy to be rid of them. The Flips are a million times faster with a wriggly baby.

They are a fantastic, and pretty cost effective system. You can also just use prefolds tri-folded in the covers.

A common complaint is that it takes too long for babies to be fat enough to use, but you can fold down the back of the cover so that it is small enough for them.

Here is a pic of her at 6 weeks wearing folded up flips.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Tatiana posted:

I know I'm totally a flips mormon, but the microfiber inserts are in no way bulky. Maybe you are thinking of the bamboo inserts which are pretty bulky to fold, but I prefer them over the microfiber.

The thing with prefolds is that some people hate snappis. I used snappis for a while because Lorelai was too small for the flips cover (this will be hilarious to anyone who knows how fat my kid is). I was soooo happy to be rid of them. The Flips are a million times faster with a wriggly baby.

They are a fantastic, and pretty cost effective system. You can also just use prefolds tri-folded in the covers.

A common complaint is that it takes too long for babies to be fat enough to use, but you can fold down the back of the cover so that it is small enough for them.

Here is a pic of her at 6 weeks wearing folded up flips.

And to expand on this here is a 29lb 22 month old wearing the exact same diaper:

They will last you pretty much through potty training.

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher
I also really loved the Flips. Julia wore them when she was very small - a monthish - until recently when I discovered the super trim Bottom Bumper all-in-ones. The Flips were way less bulky than prefolds or Kissaluvs or Sandy's Diapers, which is what I used before.

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2001
Forum Veteran
The best part about the Flips and the Bum Geniuses is that stretchy tab for the good fit. I tried some other covers but could never get a better fit.

Lorelai had terrible watery poo until over 6 months. We never got a blow out with the Flips :)

The Young Marge
Jul 19, 2006

but no one can talk to a horse, of course.
Good to know that Flips are well-regarded here; that seems to be the case everywhere. I'm pretty excited about them; they seem perfect! I think I'll just register for those at Babies R Us since their price is the same as other places.

What did you guys use if your kid as a newborn was too small for one-size diapers? Or could you use them right from the start? I suspect my baby will be big based on family history, but you never know. Getting a set of specifically-sized small cloth diapers is unappealing because it will just double the total cost and then he'll grow out of them in a few weeks.

I'll have a bunch of plain 14" x 20" prefolds and Snappis. Are those prefolds ridiculously too huge for a newborn? Could they just be folded down? If they'd work, maybe I could get some small covers and call it a day. I'm also not completely opposed to using disposables for a couple of weeks (especially if people get them as a shower gift).

I have one more question about cloth diapering (and hey, sorry for starting a discussion that may have already taken place in the past). And that would be about using cloth wipes. Will baby washcloths work for that? Or maybe just cutting up flannel receiving blankets or burp cloths? I'm interested in the laziest wiping method possible, and I've read of people just making a solution in a spray bottle, spraying onto the wipe, cleaning and tossing the wipe in the pail with the dirty diapers. That seems pretty easy. Any experience with this?

In other news, my son's nursery "theme" shall be Dinosaurs. I wasn't going to do a theme, but the dinosaur stuff in question matches the walls and curtains we already have, plus dinosaurs are awesome, so it was kind of a no-brainer.

Oh, and I'm due October 30th. :spooky: Hi.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
We use both baby washcloths and velour wipes. They both work well!

My daughter was too small for our stash when she was born (she was 6 lbs 3 oz), and we couldn't really afford to spring for preemie sized cloth, so she was in preemie disposables, bought by family, for the first month or so before I was able to start her with the newborn stash we'd built. We used GMD's orange-edge newborn prefolds, which are 12" x 13" when new, and around 10-11" x 10-11" when well washed. If your baby is on the bigger side, the prefolds you have will probably be fine. One thing I would recommend is using a liner (we had a cut up t-shirt ready for this purpose, though we didn't use it since she was so tiny) in the beginning until the meconium is done, or use disposables. Meconium is apparently hard to get out of cloth diapers. Oh and some olive oil or coconut oil on the butt between changes helps stop meconium from sticking too outrageously.

edit: vvvv I do like my velour wipes the best, because they clean up poop so well if you go against the nap, yet they're still super soft. But, we have ten zillion baby washcloths, and so it seemed like a waste not to use them! I just find myself reaching for a baby washcloth if it's pee, and a velour wipe if it's poop.

Fire In The Disco fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher
I used mostly just baby washcloths as cloth wipes until recently when I discovered kissaluv's wipes. They work a lot better and I love them! The baby washcloths work fine it that's all you can swing though. :)

I agree with FITD. Squirt some olive oil on top of the meconium and it wipes off a lot easier. We used disposables until the kiddo was past the meconium stage.