Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

The Steak Justice posted:

Look at that thing! People are goldfish so I'll point out every mundane detail of our WAAACKY commercial! Otherwise they might miss that the cloud is talking or that my torso is on backwards!

Seriously. While they'd still be dumb, they'd be far less insufferable if they guy would jsut shut up. Just have him think everything going on is mundane except for the DQ stuff which he finds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm more annoyed that there are still multiple commercials airing right now that use the Mac/PC "two people standing in front of a white background with tinkly music where one is all :cool: hey check out my awesome product! and the other is all :downs: duh-hyuk I'ma argue that mine is better but you'll show how dumb and wrong I am!" format. It wasn't clever when Apple was doing it and it's even less so when you do, T-Mobile, Kindle, and lovely local bank.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

raditts posted:

I'm more annoyed that there are still multiple commercials airing right now that use the Mac/PC "two people standing in front of a white background with tinkly music where one is all :cool: hey check out my awesome product! and the other is all :downs: duh-hyuk I'ma argue that mine is better but you'll show how dumb and wrong I am!" format. It wasn't clever when Apple was doing it and it's even less so when you do, T-Mobile, Kindle, and lovely local bank.

Agreed, it would be good if this format died already.

Although, as a kindle owner, I do prefer this commercial to the "let's race around the city and be REBELS! while passing around our Kindle!" commercials, or the lady with the expensive sunglasses. Now that I think of it, the Kindle advertising has been pretty awful.

I like the stop-motion ones, but the music in them gets annoying fast.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

raditts posted:

Even Imus is doing that for his commercials now since he has the show on ABC Radio or something like that.

:smug: (young, thin, white kid) We make our guests squirm by asking the tough questions.

:hampants: (older, fat, white guy) ...well...we fluff our guests up and make them as comfortable as possible.

And Imus is just in the background reading the paper because I guess he's too good to deal with any of that poo poo I don't know its a really bad advertisement.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Golden Corral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXlxlkVGgEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWE78YpP04U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1oj0nSHrBo

Let me just say this - if, for Father's Day, I told my Dad I was taking him to Golden Corral?

He'd willingly have Vietnam flashbacks, beat the living black and blue out of me, light me on fire, and leave me staked outside the restaurant as a lure for incoming customers to step into the Punji Stake trap he set up in the parking lot.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Let me just say this - if, for Father's Day, I told my Dad I was taking him to Golden Corral?

He'd willingly have Vietnam flashbacks, beat the living black and blue out of me, light me on fire, and leave me staked outside the restaurant as a lure for incoming customers to step into the Punji Stake trap he set up in the parking lot.

...all for around ten bucks! :v:

Seriously I know their prices vary because of location, age, whatever, but that's such an awkward loving line.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Tom "Biff Tannen" Wilson does the voiceovers for the Golden Corral commercials.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gonz posted:

Tom "Biff Tannen" Wilson does the voiceovers for the Golden Corral commercials.

This blows my loving mind.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

raditts posted:

What I hate most about the newest Kindle commercial is when the girl flips down the page in her book...judging by the expression she makes, and the amount of effort she seems to be putting into it, her book is made of titanium.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

DrBouvenstein posted:

What I hate most about the newest Kindle commercial is when the girl flips down the page in her book...judging by the expression she makes, and the amount of effort she seems to be putting into it, her book is made of titanium.

That bugs me, too, but for a different reason, Unless it's a ratty paperback, I never fold down the corners of a book, especially a hardback.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

vyst posted:

This blows my loving mind.

Would it blow your mind even more if I told you he's sort of a comedian and that he is a regular on a nationally syndicated redneck radio show?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joe Don Baker posted:

Would it blow your mind even more if I told you he's sort of a comedian and that he is a regular on a nationally syndicated redneck radio show?

That's pretty awesome. I did see him on Franklin and Bash doing a comedy role and was pretty funny.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CobiWann posted:

The Golden Corral near my neighborhood was always busiest on Valentine's Day :stare:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vicas posted:

Oh hey, I was waiting for this thread to resurface.

Not really a hate ad, but if anyone else lives in the area of Jos. A Bank, their ad announcer is literally the most excited person who has ever sold me a suit. It's like he has an orgasm every time he says the store name or a low, low price.

I love these.

ALL SUITS! ARE!!! BUY ONE....!! GET! ONE! FREE!!

ONLY!! AT JOSEPH!!! A!!!! BANK!!!!!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jos a bank commercials crack me up for the same reason lol

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
There's one where they actually say "Jos" a. bank out loud.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Moose Bigelow posted:

Not really an ad as much as bad marketing but Dr. Pepper has started a campaign distributing tee shirts that read I <3 DP.

Wowzers.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 15, 2011

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Captain Charisma posted:

I love these.

ALL SUITS! ARE!!! BUY ONE....!! GET! ONE! FREE!!

ONLY!! AT JOSEPH!!! A!!!! BANK!!!!!

It's like he's in a competition with himself. Every Joseph A Bank has to sound even more excited than his last one.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Not really an ad as much as bad marketing but Dr. Pepper has started a campaign distributing tee shirts that read I <3 DP.

But... I do <3 DivisionPost!

Also that has shades of

MAKE 7

UP YOURS

all over it except this one appears to be a genuine error.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Doc Hawkins posted:

Wowzers.

Holy poo poo it didn't hit me until I saw the actual shirt. This is better than McDonalds "I'd hit that" campaign.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

vyst posted:

That's pretty awesome. I did see him on Franklin and Bash doing a comedy role and was pretty funny.

Let's not forget his groundbreaking role as Maniac in Wing Commanders 3 and 4.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Wowzers.

You guys don't really think they didn't know what they were doing here, do you?

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 15, 2011

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

raditts posted:

Exactly. This is basically on par with GoDaddy "WEB CONTENT UNRATED" ads and the previously mentioned "Make 7 Up Yours" stuff. It's to get a few people riled up and just brand the name some more. Not any different from that dumbass thing girls were doing on facebook where they posted their bra colors or where they liked putting their purse and it supposedly had something to do with breast cancer.

Along those lines, goddamn are those Helluvagood Dip radio ads annoying. We get it, guys. You have "hell" in your name. Clever.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

raditts posted:

Of course they knew - everyone is talking about it. Campaign succesful.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

The Miracle posted:

Of course they knew - everyone is talking about it. Campaign succesful.

I don't buy Dr Pepper and don't plan on changing that anytime soon so no, it's not.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

raditts posted:

Let's not forget his groundbreaking role as Maniac in Wing Commanders 3 and 4.

It's funny you mention that I was *just* talking with someone today about old school games and Wing Commander came up and he had never played it and I had to of course sing the praises of Biff Tannen, Malcolm McDowell, and Luke Skywalker (and Josh Lucas) all doing fmv. The good ol days

Biff doesn't look like he's aged that well though at least from what I can tell

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Moose Bigelow posted:

Wow, for a second I thought you were referring to me. That makes me think I have a vanity problem.

Mo0 posted:

But... I do <3 DivisionPost!

And that certainly doesn't help.

But I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I'm the ladies' favorite kind of DP. :smugdog:

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Vicas posted:

It's like he's in a competition with himself. Every Joseph A Bank has to sound even more excited than his last one.

Joseph A Bank cannot cum unless someone buys a suit from him.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Some ads that make me feel uncomfortable are the ones who show starving kids in Africa, sad puppies and kitties in shelters, etc and beg for just 17 cents a day. I know they're good causes but the reason they make me uncomfortable is I always wonder how much does it cost them to air these commercials so many times a day?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tracula posted:

Some ads that make me feel uncomfortable are the ones who show starving kids in Africa, sad puppies and kitties in shelters, etc and beg for just 17 cents a day. I know they're good causes but the reason they make me uncomfortable is I always wonder how much does it cost them to air these commercials so many times a day?

I always turn the channel for those ASPCA commercials. I know they are cute, battered animals but i can't watch :ohdear:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

vyst posted:

I always turn the channel for those ASPCA commercials. I know they are cute, battered animals but i can't watch :ohdear:

The song is depressing, as are the dogs. The only one I've watched without immediately reaching for the remote was one with Jason Alexander in it, because it was just so bizarre to me.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

ElwoodCuse posted:

I don't buy Dr Pepper and don't plan on changing that anytime soon so no, it's not.

This. In marketing classes from grad school they showed us ads like "plop plop fizz fizz" for alka seltzer and other various ads that were among the most memorable of all time and while most were very humorous they did not result in people actually buying the product.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hey, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, I know you love your slogan, "I put that sh** on everything," and think it's super hilarious, but it's getting really tired when it gets played twice every ad break on almost every radio station, and it's not that good of a tagline anyway.

shotgunbadger posted:

Joseph A Bank cannot cum unless someone buys a suit from him.

So you're saying he's the suit equivalent of Doug Thomas?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I don't know if this has been mentioned here, but I'm sure some other Central Florida goon will know what I'm talking about. There's been this one radio ad going around for some car dealership and the opening line is "The Japanese earthquake of March 11 has sent shockwaves all the way to the U.S. used car market..."

I dunno, but that just seems to be in really poor taste.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
No, Dodge, I haven't been wondering where the Durango's been, stop asking.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Vicas posted:

No, Dodge, I haven't been wondering where the Durango's been, stop asking.

lol that commercial *just* came on*

*on like 10 different channels gently caress you Dodge.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
It's like the one commercial I've seen for the entire NHL Playoffs.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
hey our ipad ripoff has

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

yep thats right flash

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

dont you want flash?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

cause of like newgrounds and stuff?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

lol i bet this is still funny right? cause we keep saying flash

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Moose Bigelow posted:

This. In marketing classes from grad school they showed us ads like "plop plop fizz fizz" for alka seltzer and other various ads that were among the most memorable of all time and while most were very humorous they did not result in people actually buying the product.

I thought that one was the "That's a spicy meatball!" ad, which boosted sales of spaghetti but no one could remember it was an Alka-Seltzer commercial.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Riptor posted:

hey our ipad ripoff has

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

yep thats right flash

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

dont you want flash?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

cause of like newgrounds and stuff?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

lol i bet this is still funny right? cause we keep saying flash

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

It's funny because Flash on Android performs horribly and makes me *hate* Flash on mobile devices to the point that Apple's refusal to use it looks like a good idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mo0 posted:

It's funny because Flash on Android performs horribly and makes me *hate* Flash on mobile devices to the point that Apple's refusal to use it looks like a good idea!

What Android do you have? I've got the Evo and have never had a problem with it.

On topic I loving hate Gossett VW of Alpharetta in Georgia simply for these commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzLLw86NRE