Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kelly posted:

I get irrationally angry with him for eating the way he does. He's fat and has diabetes. He should not only eat better but be smart enough to not brag about how lovely he is eating. The way he is going, he won't be around much longer to monitor the internet access of his kids.

He should have enough Jump the Shark money to pay to have his own foot cut off, sparing Howard from having to complain about paying for sick fat people with his taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I was listening to some howard stuff on Youtube and came across this:
Howard Stern badmouthing Bubba from 2002:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHvqYQFB0Q&feature=related

Can someone give me some backstory on this? I know that they are friends now, so they must have patched things up, but how did that come about? Did Bubba hear about Howard badmouthing him and then call in to the show to apologize or something??

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

scapulataf posted:

I was listening to some howard stuff on Youtube and came across this:
Howard Stern badmouthing Bubba from 2002:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHvqYQFB0Q&feature=related

Can someone give me some backstory on this? I know that they are friends now, so they must have patched things up, but how did that come about? Did Bubba hear about Howard badmouthing him and then call in to the show to apologize or something??

Both Howard and Bubba talked about this on Sirius. There are also tapes of Bubba ripping into Stern. Both agreed that in radio, you rag on the competition and neither guy has a grudge against the other one.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I would go to Richard's wedding in a loving heartbeat.

Howard milks wedding bullshit for all it's worth and he sounds like a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE douche every loving time. I know he's got three days of two and a half hour shows to fill/kill every week, but goddamn.

And how codependent does Howard sound when he talks about his shrink? Especially in the midst of talking about going to someone's wedding. Maybe I have a severe misunderstanding of therapy, but eventually you work your poo poo out and learn how to live your life, right?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I read the MarksFriggin on the wedding thing and it seemed like even Howard admitted it was a bit and he went out of his way to rile fans up over it. I suspect that's probably right although he really probably doesn't want to go to anyone's wedding if he can help it.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

ChaosMonkey posted:

Maybe I have a severe misunderstanding of therapy, but eventually you work your poo poo out and learn how to live your life, right?

I've said this before, but I really don't think his shrink is helping him anymore. (my opinion)

He has poo poo gently caress all going on between each appointment, he'll just end up rehashing old poo poo (parents), or blowing up minor incidents, just so he has something to talk about with the shrink.

I think that's why he's so neurotic, it's natural for your brain to try and ignore a lot of the minor/annoying everyday bad stuff.

Sometimes you just have to grow up, learn to internalize poo poo, process it, learn the coping skills - then get on with living your life.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Crotch Bat posted:

I read the MarksFriggin on the wedding thing and it seemed like even Howard admitted it was a bit and he went out of his way to rile fans up over it. I suspect that's probably right although he really probably doesn't want to go to anyone's wedding if he can help it.

... unless it's one of the more powerful people in Hollywood.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

ziglol posted:

I've said this before, but I really don't think his shrink is helping him anymore. (my opinion)

He has poo poo gently caress all going on between each appointment, he'll just end up rehashing old poo poo (parents), or blowing up minor incidents, just so he has something to talk about with the shrink.

I think that's why he's so neurotic, it's natural for your brain to try and ignore a lot of the minor/annoying everyday bad stuff.

Sometimes you just have to grow up, learn to internalize poo poo, process it, learn the coping skills - then get on with living your life.

Yeah, you get tools and learn coping mechanisms, apply them to your life, and move the gently caress on. I've been through therapy a couple of times, but, like, it ENDS at some point. Not to go all Loveline or armchair psychiatrist, but the whole thing, for me, was learning coping mechanisms, and learning how to build a relationship and some relationships, like those with a therapist, are meant to be ended at some point.

You guys ever see SOME KIND OF MONSTER, the Metalicca documentary? Their shrink was an absolute total sack of poo poo and when those guys figured they were done and were ready to move on, the guy said "No, don't go, you need me!" Total douchechills.

Crotch Bat posted:

I like to think Howard's funnier and more interesting than that, but I'm being proven wrong at every turn.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Any therapist whose goal isn't to get you out of therapy is trying to milk you for all it's worth. Howard's has definitely created this weirdo co-dependent relationship.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Most of it, I bet, is that mother of his. She warped the poo poo out of him.

I mean what is this?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

At this point, it's not therapy. It's Howard buying a friend who has nothing better to do than listen to Stern talk about himself over and over again on the clock.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

chiz posted:

Most of it, I bet, is that mother of his. She warped the poo poo out of him.

I mean what is this?

Believe you me!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Butthole Prince posted:

Believe you me!

Therapy. Feh!

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
"Jared put us in a rocket and sent us to Krypton to live under the tyrrany of the red sun."

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

ChaosMonkey posted:

"Jared put us in a rocket and sent us to Krypton to live under the tyrrany of the red sun."

This deserves a re-post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTaaReCXjyo

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Has the crazy pet lady been back on lately? I haven't listened in a while.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
Benji was just yelling at the Wiener press conference. That guy has balls.

EDIT: Now afterwords he has a crowd of reporters interviewing him.

Slothass fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 16, 2011

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Slothass posted:

Benji was just yelling at the Wiener press conference. That guy has balls.

EDIT: Now afterwords he has a crowd of reporters interviewing him.

I love how reporters treat him like an outcast. It takes how many seconds to Google Benjy Bronk and deduce that he's a comedy writer for the Stern show and therefore shouldn't be taken seriously?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvEx_1hY4Wc&feature=player_embedded

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
I really have a love hate relationship with him. He's such a dick but he's so proud of it.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Here is the video, you can hear something being yelled at the end but I can't quite make it out.

Also on that page: "Among the many things yelled at the raucous event was this: "Are you more than 7 inches?" It is speculated that a Howard Stern employee said that."

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
I think the thing at the end was "will you maintain your hot physique and smooth, sexy calves?"

Benjy rules

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Benjy's the greatest. He completely ruined that.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Sal melting down today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6xH7qTqS9M&feature=share

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Sal melting down today

I think it's time to fire Sal.

Not because he's an rear end in a top hat, but simply because it would be great if they kept him hanging on for a month while he would cry, flip out, have a heart attack, and then come crawling back. He's only good as a punching bag and now he's getting mouthy. Time for him to go.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Well Dr. Sarno cured me and a million friends of a back problem

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Wasn't Howard calling him 'lovely' and not "shady' anyway?

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Sal melting down today

...which links to this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y-5p5ZZI3E

I have no doubt howard keeps him around because he is genuinely afraid of him.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Vakal posted:

Wasn't Howard calling him 'lovely' and not "shady' anyway?

Howard Stern on Twitter:
I never said he was shady...Listen to what i said...

It had traction.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Yeah Facebook's going away any day now, Howard ...

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Well Dr. Sarno cured me and a million friends of a back problem

"Millions of friends" made me laugh. And so did the general sentiment of that statement. I cringe when anyone mentions back pain because I know that is coing. I tried reading his book, it was very boring. And it had all these examples of people who had back problems and trauma (mental) in their life, and he correlated the two. Who the gently caress DOESN'T have some mental trauma in their lives once they hit adulthood? That's like saying "People who have back problems were also found to have a nose, ears, and eyes."

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Dr. Goldberg on the other hand had really funny stories, a good sense of humor, and wasn't a complete loon.

"How did the carrot get in your rear end?"
"I was making a salad and fell on it."

I'm thinking about buying his books just because he seems like a genuinely funny person.

"If you can't have sex with a condom on then you are gay."

Hahahha oh Howard loving Stern. Even joking he's insane.

Shes Not Impressed fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 16, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Dr. Goldberg on the other hand had really funny stories, a good sense of humor, and wasn't a complete loon.

"How did the carrot get in your rear end?"
"I was making a salad and fell on it."

I'm thinking about buying his books just because he seems like a genuinely funny person.

"If you can't have sex with a condom on then you are gay."

Hahahha oh Howard loving Stern. Even joking he's insane.

It's Howard's way of trolling. He makes outlandish statements that can be refuted, and tries to back them up with his wild crackpot theories. Even if you called in and disproved them, he may concede and say, "okay you're right, what do I know."

Now I for one would disagree, I mean seriously, gently caress condoms. However I do find his crazy rants, as outrageously against logic as they may be, to be entertaining.

And all of you do too :argh:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Great photo of Benji on Gawker - mouth open, mid-yell:

http://gawker.com/5812696/anthony-weiner-resigns-as-hecklers-ask-about-the-length-of-his-penis

He's also in the Times:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/even-a-media-circus-needs-a-clown/

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Reason #359 on why Benjy Bronk owns.

btw comment in the Times article

quote:

So, the REAL Devil actually showed up to watch Representative Anthony Weiner resign. It is not surprising that 'he' did. Evil always shows up, when good (ie: God) is on display. It is a never ending fight.

AW has done more GOOD for Americans than most. He stands up and fights for truth, and justice for 'the least of these.'

Maybe subconsciously, or consciously Rep. Weiner WANTED to be cut free of the Clintons, and the GOP. Who knows? Only time will tell.

I wish him Godspeed, and all the luck in the world. He certainly deserves our prayers, and not our wrath.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 16, 2011

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Weiner could have been guilty of doing almost anything besides killing dogs and people would still consider Stern much worse. I can't remember if they did a Michael Vick or Howard Stern game. He may have lost that one too.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Sal melting down today

Sal had a meltdown?? poo poo, I think I may listen to the show again for the first time in over a year...

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The goof they played on him when Howard talked about having Richard over to his house was great, too. It's practically Sal's dream to visit Howard's house in a one-on-one friend setting.

e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lljf8IAAljc

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 17, 2011

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I just thought I could come over, cook you dinner, and lay in the bed and watch Survivor together. Is that so crazy Crotch Bat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I just thought I could come over, cook you dinner, and lay in the bed and watch Survivor together. Is that so crazy Crotch Bat?

That one is great as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzMPvI4jQbU