Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

New U.S. Christmas album, The Valley Path is out. It's one 38-minute song, it sounds more or less like an extension of Run Thick In The Night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

NuclearGuru posted:

Just found HD footage of what appears to be a full Bongripper set from January of this year. A camcorder mic trying to pickup drop F is a joke of course but still, it rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-baYg87P7U

I was at this show and it was intense. Almost as intense as when they tried to play all of SWD at Reckless Records with full setup and kept blowing the fuse and knocking out the power. Their best show in recent memory was at Albion House with Cough.

e; I'm in here somewhere too, for another power outage. RIP Mopery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0X73A4DDl4

Asshole Masonanie fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 2, 2011

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Crimsonjewfro posted:

I just wanted to chime in to confess my love for Julie Christmas, one of the few female vocals in heavy music that I like. I dunno if she counts for the thread... Battle of Mice is post metal, and there's definetely something sludgy in Made Out of Babies (especially in their first album... there's a heavy Melvins influence there), but I dunno about her latest solo album. But either way, right now I feel like I could listen to her sing with just about whatever playing the background. Kinda like Dax Riggs from Acid Bath, I guess.

I just started listening to her too and I like it. A few days ago, I couldn't stop playing Secrets All Men Keep.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
Just got a copy of the new Beast in the Field album, Lucifer, Bearer of Light. So far it is pretty drat sick. Darker, with a pinch more drone than their other albums in areas, but still BitF.

I'm going to see them this coming Tuesday with The Black Dahlia Murder (weird, right?) and I can't wait.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Hey folks, my band decided to call it a day, so our album is free for the taking: http://hugenelk.bandcamp.com/
I hope to get something else going in the doom vein, but we'll see what the future brings.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004

Juaguocio posted:

Hey folks, my band decided to call it a day, so our album is free for the taking: http://hugenelk.bandcamp.com/
I hope to get something else going in the doom vein, but we'll see what the future brings.

Ah, that sucks dude. I'm from Vancouver too and just started listening to you guys, was hoping to catch a show. :(

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I just had my brain melted by listening to Satan Worshipping Doom for the first time all the way through. I fuckin love metal so much.

I Brake For MILFs fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 5, 2011

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

God drat the three new Boris albums are loving awesome. I know some people dislike their new style on Attention Please and New Album but I freakin' love it. Black Original on NA is particularly awesome. It's nice to see they can still rock out with Heavy Rocks though, what a great band. On the subject of Boris, does anybody know where to purchase a copy of the Japanese version of Smile, ideally from an English website that will ship to the UK. I know it's easy to download but I'd like physical copies of all the releases of theirs which I enjoy, and Ebay only has the Southern Lords version :(

Oh also I've never caught the band live but after watching their live DVD I can see what people mean about the drummer and that loving headset. Why does he keep screaming "Wooooooooo!!!!" all the time?!?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MUFFlNS posted:

Oh also I've never caught the band live but after watching their live DVD I can see what people mean about the drummer and that loving headset. Why does he keep screaming "Wooooooooo!!!!" all the time?!?

To make sure he can still hear I'd imagine.
Who knows? Also Heavy Rocks 2K11 rocks socks. Aileron is epic.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Juaguocio posted:

Sorry to hear it man, just downloaded the album and it's a good time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New song from Ufomammut/Lento/Rose Kemp side project, Farwest Zombee

quote:

Farwest Zombee is a side project of Urlo, bass player and vocals in Ufomammut in which distorted soundscapes, slow and subtle drones, repetitive circles, eerie and fearful lines make the listener totally involved in a evil and loud atmosphere. The project is developing in a audio-video shape, the music is generator of slow images absorbing the music itself to reflect it in suggestions making the listener sink in a sort of hypnosis.
An abstract project starting from the deep sonorities to cover a complete range of dreaming nightmares.
Farwest Zombee guests members of Ufomammut, Lento and Rose Kemp.

MP3 HERE

Diseased Yak
Jun 23, 2006

It's only a mild infection...
First of all, I hope all of you getting to see YOB and Bongripper on tour die in a fire of cancer!! Ok, not really, but drat am I jealous!

In other news, latest vinyl acquisitions:

Lento's new one on clear vinyl speckled with what I presume is demon jizz.

Boris' Absolutego on red.

Acid King's Busse Woods on evil green psychadelic vinyl. Bonus shot of Come My Fanatics.... import vinyl I finally got in. Return Trip, ahoy!

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

ethan posted:

Ah, that sucks dude. I'm from Vancouver too and just started listening to you guys, was hoping to catch a show. :(

We'll be back in some form, I'm sure. I'm gonna go see Bison, Black Wizard and Haggatha next week at the Rickshaw, are you going to that?

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Diseased Yak posted:

Acid King's Busse Woods on evil green psychadelic vinyl. Bonus shot of Come My Fanatics.... import vinyl I finally got in. Return Trip, ahoy!

poo poo, I wonder when I'll get my Fanatics. Ordered it in January or something.

CoffeeInjection
Feb 27, 2011

by angerbeet
Valley of the Sun's new album is now available for download: The Sayings of the Seers

ethan
Dec 16, 2004

Juaguocio posted:

We'll be back in some form, I'm sure. I'm gonna go see Bison, Black Wizard and Haggatha next week at the Rickshaw, are you going to that?

I was thinking about it. Depends how late I work, really. It's 5 bucks at the door, yeah?

Either way I'll be at the Sword too.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

ethan posted:

I was thinking about it. Depends how late I work, really. It's 5 bucks at the door, yeah?

Either way I'll be at the Sword too.

Yeah, 5 bucks. It's gonna sell out so you'd better get there early. Bison have Matt Wood from Haggatha/Pride Tiger/Congress/Goatsblood drumming for them now and I'm curious to see how they'll sound. He's probably the best drummer I've ever seen live so I can't see it being anything but a positive change for Bison.

I'm skipping The Sword, as they irritate me.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

ethan posted:

The full YOB/Dark Castle tour has finally been posted:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/05/yob_dark_castle.html

Well I guess it's finally time to get my passport (Vancouver goon) so I can catch the Seattle show.

It seems a Raleigh NC show has been added at Kings July 18th: https://www.facebook.com/kingsraleigh?sk=wall

edit: fixed link

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 15, 2011

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

It seems a Raleigh NC show has been added at Kings July 18th: https://www.facebook.com/#!/kingsraleigh

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss. I could hold that s key down for the rest of the day.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
Oh my fuuuuuuuck I'm gonna be at that Raleigh show SO loving HARD

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Ffffuuuuuuuuuck! Goatsnake slayed (in Helsinki)! I'm going to be so loving sore in the neck and shoulders area tomorrow.

As a downside to this day, they pushed back the release date for the "Come My Fanatics" LP re-release yet again. Oh well, maybe next week.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Speaking of YOB, how about a new track?

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Juaguocio posted:

Speaking of YOB, how about a new track?

Nicky Bongripper just put this on me today. Vox are mixed too loud and it sounds like 2004 Myspace

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Not listened to the track yet but I'm surprised by the new LP tracklist, I don't think they've ever had a closing track shorter than 20 minutes. I figured it was a tradition or something.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

HMorg posted:

As a downside to this day, they pushed back the release date for the "Come My Fanatics" LP re-release yet again. Oh well, maybe next week.

We got a crate of the Fanatics reissues in at Insound (Brooklyn, NY) last week, so I can't imagine it'll be that much longer for you. They sound killer, by the way!

Going to pimp Batillus' recent release Furnace, out now on CD, digital, and wax over at Seventh Rule. Sounds like a blackened Godflesh/Neurosis in places with lots of sinister and oppressive synth textures. My personal best of '11 so far.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

fozzie dunlop posted:

We got a crate of the Fanatics reissues in at Insound (Brooklyn, NY) last week, so I can't imagine it'll be that much longer for you. They sound killer, by the way!

Going to pimp Batillus' recent release Furnace, out now on CD, digital, and wax over at Seventh Rule. Sounds like a blackened Godflesh/Neurosis in places with lots of sinister and oppressive synth textures. My personal best of '11 so far.

They've got the release date at 23rd at this point (at our local record store). Before that it was the 15th and they've changed it something like 6 times since I pre-ordered the drat thing in January. I'm not too hopeful they'll actually get here by next week. Did your crate come from Rise Above in England or somewhere else?

As for Batillus, I think I need to get it. Perhaps next month.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

HMorg posted:

They've got the release date at 23rd at this point (at our local record store). Before that it was the 15th and they've changed it something like 6 times since I pre-ordered the drat thing in January. I'm not too hopeful they'll actually get here by next week. Did your crate come from Rise Above in England or somewhere else?

As for Batillus, I think I need to get it. Perhaps next month.

We got our crate from a US-based distro, I think it might have been Cobraside. The delays have been taxing as all hell, but it's soooo worth it.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Asnorban posted:

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss. I could hold that s key down for the rest of the day.

QPZIL posted:

Oh my fuuuuuuuck I'm gonna be at that Raleigh show SO loving HARD

It looks like I'll be attending this one. I was planning on going to the TBA Charlotte show as it's closer to where I live but it turns out I'll be at the beach that week anyway so I'm going to drive up from Emerald Isle to catch the show in Raleigh. Super stoked. Before this tour was announced I didn't even think Yob were playing together anymore so yeah....awesome.

Tickets are on sale now: http://kingsbarcade.com/2011/07/18/yob-with-dark-castle-and-us-christmas/

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
US Christmas are playing too? Fuuuuuuck what a show

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
The Heavy Eyes, very 70's bluesy stoner metal. The bandcamp EP is very rough, they really emphasize that point lol. If they sound this good on a rough recording I can't wait to hear a properly produced album.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Polegrinder posted:

The Heavy Eyes, very 70's bluesy stoner metal. The bandcamp EP is very rough, they really emphasize that point lol. If they sound this good on a rough recording I can't wait to hear a properly produced album.

I hope they just mic up the drums and bump up the snare, because seriously everything else is perfect.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Saw Electric Wizard live last night, front row, outdoors, pouring rain.
What a loving awesome experience! Hail Drugula!

The only thing I kind of regret is that I was totally sober - but they made you feel stoned anyway.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Angryhead posted:

The only thing I kind of regret is that I was totally sober

You did it wrong.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

lordblytzkrieg posted:

I hope they just mic up the drums and bump up the snare, because seriously everything else is perfect.

Like they said it was totally raw. I think they did it in a single room and just straight recorded one track after the other.

Baron Patsy
Apr 9, 2006

I'M SPECIAL DAMMIT
HOLY poo poo apparently bongripper might be playing at my frathouse on july 8?

Baron Patsy fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 19, 2011

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.

Polegrinder posted:

I'm going to see if I can get to that YOB/Dark Castle show in Orlando.

So excited for this in Toronto!

e: Agreed. Yob's always been a favourite, and this very thread got me into Dark Castle, who I've been mooning over since. Who's the opener in NYC? We've got Sons of Otis who are total dicks, but pretty goddamned heavy, but since they're from Toronto I could imagine somebody else opening across the border.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

amplifier worship fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 20, 2011

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

amplifier worship posted:

So excited for this in Toronto!

Oh god ditto NYC. The lineup is going to be bone-crushing.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Baron Patsy posted:

HOLY poo poo apparently bongripper might be playing at my frathouse on july 8?

where are you at? i could probably confirm this

ann arbor?

e; i guess they can't do the metal frat for some reason. if anyone can hook up an MI show for them i'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Asshole Masonanie fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 20, 2011

Fruitcake
Dec 5, 2005

Sleep's playing tonight at Terminal 5 in New York City, anyone else going? I'm driving all the way from MA, it's gonna rule and its my birthday. :whatup:

Also I checked the website and they still have tickets for sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fruitcake posted:

Also I checked the website and they still have tickets for sale.

:stare:

Sleep need to do a European tour, for the love of all that is heavy.