Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Deadpool posted:

The only thing worth watching regarding VR Troopers was that hilarious redubbing the cast did. Wasn't that originally posted here on SA by someone that was either in the show or knew someone in it?

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8_HrVhnqNg

See below.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Neo Helbeast posted:

I believe I posted that.

It was posted well before your reg date, unless you're just using a new account.

Actually, I found the original thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3254766

Darth_MacGyver posted:

4, 3, 2, 1

This is a story about my great friend Mike. Mike is a VR trooper... or was anyway. For those of you not in the know, VR Troopers was a spin off from the Power Rangers. I met Mike my freshman year going to college, and we became fast friends. Then he casually told me he was a VR trooper. My reaction: "Wait.. What?!?" Myself along with countless others thought it was the coolest thing ever. Mike would always just roll his eyes and shake his head.

Anyway, fast forward to Senior Year. It's just a few weeks from Graduation, and Mike says he's got a video from his VR trooper days. We all sit down, and then I see something truly breathtaking, something hilariously awesome. My first words were, "Dude, you have to put this on You Tube."

The video was from the last day on the set of the show after they were canceled. Apparently, the whole crew got drunk and dubbed over the show. So, to answer your question, yes, these are the actual voices of all the actors. At the end, there's also some outtakes that are equally hilarious.

After months of pestering from his friends, he finally uploaded the video.

Just a warning, there's quite a bit of vulgarity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GuKGyzPpPQ

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 20, 2011

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Deadpool posted:

It was posted well before your reg date, unless you're just using a new account.

Actually, I found the original thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3254766

Nope, not a new account. I've just seen the video before and thought I posted it. I don't have archives so I can't see who the original poster is. Can you quote to give credit where credit is due?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Crosspost from the Adult Swim thread, but I've bolded the kids' shows instead of the AS shows.

livingfruitvirus posted:

Emmy contenders for this year.

Animated LONG FORM:

American Dad! - "There Will Be Bad Blood"
Archer - "Placebo Effect"
Batman: The Brave And The Bold - "The Battle Of The Superheroes!"
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien - "Moonstruck"
Bob's Burgers - "Sheesh! Cab, Bob?"
The Boondocks - "Mr. Medicinal"
The Cleveland Show - "Murray Christmas"
Community - "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas"
Dan Vs. - "Technology"
Disney Phineas And Ferb - "Summer Belongs To You"
Firebreather
Futurama - "The Late Philip J. Fry"
Generator Rex - "Operation: Wingman"
Kung Fu Panda Holiday
The Looney Tunes Show - "Monster Talent/A Zipline in the Sand"
Neighbors From Hell - "Screw The EPA"
The Ricky Gervais Show - "Future"
Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III
Scared Shrekless
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated - "The Legend Of Alice May"
The Simpsons - "Angry Dad - The Movie"
South Park - "Crack Baby Athletic Association"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "Wookiee Hunt"
Sym-Bionic Titan - "Lessons In Love"
Ugly Americans - "Kill, Mark...Kill"
The Venture Bros. - "Operation: P.R.O.M."
Young Justice - "Infiltrator"

Animated SHORT FORM:

Adventure Time - "It Came From the Nightosphere"
Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 - "Intervention"
Disney's Fish Hooks - "Bea Stays in the Picture"
Disney's Prep & Landing: Operation Secret Santa
MAD - "The Buzz Identity/Two And A Half-Man"
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack - "Candy Colleague"

Mary Shelley's Frankenhole - "Humanitas"
Mater's Tall Tales - "Heavy Metal Mater"
Mongo Wrestling Alliance - "Behold the Mongo Wrestling Alliance"
Regular Show - "Mordecai and the Rigbys"
Robot Chicken - "Robot Chicken's DP Christmas Special"
Showtime Short Stories - "Wisdom Teeth"
Spongebob Squarepants - "That Sinking Feeling"
Squidbillies - "America: Why I Love Her"
30 Rock Presents Jack Donaghy, Executive Superhero - "Soft Served!"

Special Class: Short Form Live-Action

Backwash
Bon Jovi - What's Next 3D
Childrens Hospital
Community: Dean Pelton’s Office Hours Webseries
The Confession
Cougar Town, Andy's Dreams
The Daily Show Correspondents Explain
Disney's Prom: Corey And Lucas For The Win
Grey's Anatomy: Seattle Grace Message of Hope
Held Up
Jailbait
The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers
A Letter From Home
Makeover Mission: Homeless Edition
Matumbo Goldberg
Nurse Jeffrey Appisodes
The Office: The 3rd Floor Webseries
The Office: The Girl Next Door Webseries
Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show
30 Rock: The Webisodes

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Sweet! "It came from the Nightosphere" is like my favorite episode.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

readingatwork posted:

Sweet! "It came from the Nightosphere" is like my favorite episode.

The funny thing about that episode is that there's no Jake in it until the very end, and then he doesn't say anything. He just rolls over in Finn's pocket and farts.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Y-Hat posted:

Crosspost from the Adult Swim thread, but I've bolded the kids' shows instead of the AS shows.

"Kung Fu Panda Holiday"? A lovely holiday special* is nominated for an Emmy?

*I've never actually seen it, but as cash-in holiday specials go, I'm pretty confident this one doesn't break the mold of shittiness.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

raditts posted:

"Kung Fu Panda Holiday"? A lovely holiday special* is nominated for an Emmy?

*I've never actually seen it, but as cash-in holiday specials go, I'm pretty confident this one doesn't break the mold of shittiness.

It's actually very good, just like the movies are. So I say give it a chance. I'd be annoyed if it was like the Shrek christmas special or Madagascar penguins christmas special.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Welp, now I've been reminded that Sym-bionic Titan existed and I'm now very very sad.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Also, am I one of the only ones who enjoyed Firebreather?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Man, I love Brave and the Bold, but I can't bring myself to root for it when it's up against Operation P.R.O.M. drat, that was a fine episode.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Despite being pretty drat bottom of the barrel, you did forget to highlight the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode on that list.

Also I seriously hope Sym-Bionic Titan gets a nomination. If nothing else there might be incentive to release a DVD if it gets nominated.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Not sure, probably not, but was that Rich Fulcher as the zoo cop on Problem Solverz?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chibs posted:

Not sure, probably not, but was that Rich Fulcher as the zoo cop on Problem Solverz?

Yes it was. That episode was fairly meta what with the main plot being that people on the internet hate the Problem Solverz.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

Yes it was. That episode was fairly meta what with the main plot being that people on the internet hate the Problem Solverz.

I feel bad that I'm always just getting home when episodes are wrapping up. I need to catch up.

But that's awesome that they cast him in that part. I want a fourth season of The Mighty Boosh. :(

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
There was some official memo posted by Mattel today that made a mention of a Max Steel and Masters of the Universe show being in the works for later this year.

Why the hell would you bring back Max Steel of all things? The show was terrible and the toys were even worse.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I actually like the last reboot of Masters of the Universe. Mainly because Skeletor was a tremendous DICK. Also was fun was watching them dance around the fact that Teela was conceived through pre-marital sex.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They're going to reboot Masters of The Universe again? This will be the 4th iteration of the cartoon at this point. The last one was actually the only one that was really worth a drat. I wonder what direction they'll go with this time.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Deadpool posted:

They're going to reboot Masters of The Universe again? This will be the 4th iteration of the cartoon at this point. The last one was actually the only one that was really worth a drat. I wonder what direction they'll go with this time.

They're probably going to build upon what was established in the last one. It's probably not going to be a direct continuation but they've kept the continuity that's been establihed for the MOTU Classics.

They have Keldor becoming Skeletor, Hordak being sent to the alternate dimension, Evil-Lyn being a mind slave and corrupted by Skeletor, and The Faceless One being her dad. The whole thing with Adora being kidnapped was going to be added for the 200X series to establish She-Ra but it was never animated since they cut the series off at the Snakemen. Really at this point anything MOTU related comes from the toy bios unfortunetly, so a new show would be more than welcome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well if they continued off the last series then I'm definitely all for it. I thought it was pretty well done.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Vaerai Archon posted:

There was some official memo posted by Mattel today that made a mention of a Max Steel and Masters of the Universe show being in the works for later this year.

Why the hell would you bring back Max Steel of all things? The show was terrible and the toys were even worse.

That was that horribly lovely CG cartoon from like 1999-2000, right? I guess at this point they're just throwing poo poo at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

raditts posted:

That was that horribly lovely CG cartoon from like 1999-2000, right? I guess at this point they're just throwing poo poo at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Yes, but also the toys were all just a bazillion versions of Max Steel, he was essentialy a barbie for boys. However everything fell flat, there was literaly nothing redeeming about the toyline or show. They tried the extreme sports/secret agent angle but nothing exciting or engaging ever happend.

I remember one toy being just a Max Steel in a pair of swim trunks, that was it. No other acessories or anything just him in a pair of swim trunks. But the figure had the apparent power of STEEL FLEX(aka articulation).

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 23, 2011

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So did anyone else actually watch the first three episodes of the new Voltron series? I thought it was actually pretty decent. I wasn't really too aware of it before it came out other than knowing it existed. But finding out it was actually a sequel to the old series and not a reboot was pretty cool. It does have a really lovely theme song though (Swizz Beatz I think you're pretty great but how could you do that to Voltron?). But the storyline was actually pretty cool and the animation was decent too. The redesigned lions aren't that bad either and the use of 3D for them isn't as jarring as it in some other cartoons.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Deadpool posted:

So did anyone else actually watch the first three episodes of the new Voltron series? I thought it was actually pretty decent. I wasn't really too aware of it before it came out other than knowing it existed. But finding out it was actually a sequel to the old series and not a reboot was pretty cool. It does have a really lovely theme song though (Swizz Beatz I think you're pretty great but how could you do that to Voltron?). But the storyline was actually pretty cool and the animation was decent too. The redesigned lions aren't that bad either and the use of 3D for them isn't as jarring as it in some other cartoons.

It struck me to be similar to the Masters of The Universe 200X series. It definetly has a similar feel to it. I think the animation is abit rough still, the CGI segments esepcialy where they switch back and forth from 2d to 3d they didn't really match the textures with their 2d counterparts. Still though considering that the only other one that ever did that in a tv show/movie were the recent Evangelion movies(which really did match the 2d and 3d perfectly) it's sort of forgivable when a technique really isn't that widespread.

The new voltron sort of reminds me of the Stealth Voltron that came out in the terrible CGI series done by Mainframe. It might not be as sleek but the proportions of the lions are the same as is the transformation. It's certianly not as blocky as the original, but it works.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 23, 2011

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Neo Helbeast posted:

So hello Nostalgia! All of the seasons of power rangers, big bad beetleborgs and VR Troopers have been added to the Netflix Instant Queue.
Holy cow. I don't remember Big Bad Beetleborgs lasting that long. :psyduck:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if that story arc where they replace one of the main characters is still as insane as it was years ago when it first aired. From what I remember they replaced the actress but used "magic" to make everyone see the original person.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if that story arc where they replace one of the main characters is still as insane as it was years ago when it first aired. From what I remember they replaced the actress but used "magic" to make everyone see the original person.

Yes it is.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So it seems The Hub's new advertising campaign is starting to mirror the early Cartoon Network Ad campaigns that were satires of popular culture.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=244821235535321&set=a.134316363252476.23944.118429394841173&type=1&theater

They're spoofing an add for an R-rated movie in a billboard that went up, there's also apparently a few more for GiJoe and Transformers as well. Now the only thing I would like for them to do is to start chopping up the old Transformer and GiJoe episodes and make something akin to Space Ghost Coat to Coast, Sealab, or Harvey Birdman.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 28, 2011

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Holy crap. I just started up a random episode of Iron Man from the early 90's and it featured a nuclear bomb going off. :psyduck:

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Freakazoid still makes me laugh.

Scream!

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 6, 2011

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

thelaughingman posted:

what is the consensus on "Dan VS.".

It owns and I wish it was more popular. Everyone watch it forever.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Five bucks says that the latest Regular show was the pilot and they just reedited it a bit so that it had slightly cleaner animation in places and the current voice cast.

Pretty entertaining though...

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

readingatwork posted:

Five bucks says that the latest Regular show was the pilot and they just reedited it a bit so that it had slightly cleaner animation in places and the current voice cast.

Pretty entertaining though...

You'd win that bet, since that's exactly what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=894cRgZZEWw

But yeah, I've always liked the pilot. :)

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

thelaughingman posted:

Freakazoid still makes me laugh.

Scream!

Still one of my favorite shows.

"Sing 'I'm A Tugboat Call Me Mel!"
"I'm...a....TUG...BOOATTT...OW!"

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Freakazoid is the only hsow that could ever pull off having Jack Valenti and Norm Abram as guest stars with a straight face.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The crazy thing about Freakazoid is that Spielberg wanted it to be a more serious action show and the network made him use the same wacky humor as Animaniacs and Tiny Toons, yet it ended up being way better than either of them.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Farbtoner posted:

The crazy thing about Freakazoid is that Spielberg wanted it to be a more serious action show and the network made him use the same wacky humor as Animaniacs and Tiny Toons, yet it ended up being way better than either of them.

Unrelated, but I suddenly remembered the episode -- I'm pretty sure it was Freakazoid -- where the whole plot was put on hold for five minutes while Freakazoid, Wakko Warner, and somebody from Tiny Toons (I think it was Buster Bunny, could've been Plucky Duck) went to Spielberg's office to settle which one was his favorite.

Spielberg: "...Who ARE you people?"
The room: :smith:

Also, if we're going to risk a segue into the Spielberg/Tom Ruggerio cartoons, let's not forget that Tiny Toons could be just as amazing as the other two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlnI6XjWk_k

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Farbtoner posted:

Actually, Spielberg wanted it wacky, Bruce Timm wanted to play it straight. Later on, Timm basically made his more serious Freakazoid with an episode of Batman featuring the Creeper. And it was great. I wish he had gotten some more show time in JLU.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DivisionPost posted:

Unrelated, but I suddenly remembered the episode -- I'm pretty sure it was Freakazoid -- where the whole plot was put on hold for five minutes while Freakazoid, Wakko Warner, and somebody from Tiny Toons (I think it was Buster Bunny, could've been Plucky Duck) went to Spielberg's office to settle which one was his favorite.

Spielberg: "...Who ARE you people?"
The room: :smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsPjyxJOo7k

It was Brain, not Buster. According to the youtube description, they couldn't use Buster because it was airing on Nickelodeon at the time.

Edit: Wow, I just watched some episodes of Regular Show. That show is hilarious I can't believe I've been missing out on it. "You're lucky I care about lady pecks" :lol:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I have just discovered the greatest show ever made in the 90's. It's called Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad. I literally cannot not stop laughing at it because of how bad it is. There is a kid in the show who I swear is literally channeling Lex Luthor. If I get a chance I'll upload one of the one minute recaps that shows why this show is so glorious.

All the works been done for me. Episode 1's recap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-PrqIx24M

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 13, 2011