Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

I saw this on the first page, but does anyone have any good guides or tips for an FPS veteran that still has trouble with Counter-Strike Source playing bots on "Hard"? Playing Gungames in 1.6 for a while helped me get accustomed to most of the weapons and their recoil but when I have my crosshair on a bot in Source, it seems like a 50/50 chance if I hit them or not (burst fire with an M4 mostly if that matters).

Also, I would love some beginner's tips in TFC. I never could take my game to the next level there and am just somewhat effective getting occasional frags with a Soldier. Come to think of it, I was never good in UT or Q3, either. How does one become a good twitch gamer? :(

Basically, please tell me how to not suck in a fast-paced multi-player shooters like the ones above.

I actually responded to this in the thread you first posted it in (Skill Videos), so I assume you'll see it there. The condensed version, however, is that you have to play more often. Learning the maps and learning how to shoot means that you'll know WHEN people are going to appear, and you'll also know how to kill them first.

At least, my advice applies pretty well to match situations. In public servers with a lot of people, enemies tend to run around in random patterns and that fucks with planning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Draile posted:

Once you can give your characters classes, keep a close eye on them to make sure they're gaining class experience. It's entirely possible that you will grind your character levels high enough that you no longer accumulate class experience by fighting in a particular area. The most likely candidate for this is Carver; if you see that he's no longer gaining levels in his class, it's time to move on to a new area.
There's actually a hard level cap for every area. One of the guides on GameFAQs has it, I just copied it into a notepad document and refer to it when I enter a new area. Also, remember that while you need to master four advanced jobs to get to Hero, the main character only has to master one of them. Most people go through Gladiator because of all the MP-less abilities, but I find that the main character makes a pretty durable caster through the midgame and if you make him your Sage you don't have to use Nevan which is always a plus.

Also, there's a missable human party member. To get him, when you fight someone who has turned into a monster, make sure you lie and tell him he isn't the monster the next day.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Anybody got anything for Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic? I've played it before, but ages and ages ago when it was new so I don't remember anything.

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW
I checked the wiki, but I didn't see any advice for either Hotel Dusk or Pikmin 2.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Hotel Dusk
  • Save before major conversations. Making the wrong choices (generally anything that results in the dark red response) can lead to people getting offended and leaving early, cutting off the investigation and leading to a game over. You can continue from a game over, but it's the same as loading from a save and it prevents you from seeing a scene in the ending, so there's no point to doing it.
  • A more explicit note on the above: there is a conversation early on with the maid where you can get the dark red response and a conversation end, but not get a game over. Don't save; the game over will come when you walk down the stairs and get called out on it by the owner, forcing you to continue if you saved over your file.
  • There is one timed section in the game; just accept that it might take you a few tries and be prepared to reload.
  • Yes, you really do need two styluses (or a stylus and your finger) for that puzzle.
  • There is only a limited amount of time where you can get change for the vending machine, so keep trying until you get it.
  • The vending machine doesn't affect anything, so just give whatever you buy from it to whoever you want. Note that many times conversations/cutscenes just progress without the main menu and give option ever coming up, so like with the change take the opportunities you're given and don't assume they'll come up again. This is specifically relevant to the star prize, as one of the characters who will accept the doll has their last available give spot before you can actually find the last star sticker. Meaning if you want to give it to them you need to guess what the number is. It's a bit weird. It's also irrelevant, because the doll goes to the little girl and anyone who does otherwise is a heartless bastard.
  • Sit back and enjoy The Adventures of Young Lenny Brisco. Buy the sequel!

Koops
Mar 27, 2010
Pikmin 2
-There's no day limit, so play at any pace you like.
-Use both commanders in a group when picking Pikmin to get it done faster.
-When you examine a cave, you'll see what kind of hazards it contains, and thus what kinds of Pikmin you need.
-Throw purples on top of creatures to stun them. This makes killing lots of creatures ridiculously easy.
-For reasons unrelated to the last tip, make purples whenever you can and try not to let any die.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Koops posted:

Pikmin 2
-Purples are probably the most useful Pikmin, but not for the reasons the others are. The way I played was to have a squad of about 10 purples with me at all times and use them almost exclusively for combat. 10 purples crashing down on an enemy will usually wipe it out, and even if it doesn't, they'll be stunned long enough for you to pull them back and do it again.

-Whites are less important than the other types but situationally they are very effective. Their most useful feature is that if they are eaten they will poison whichever predator did it. If you've got a decent supply they can be handy for weakening particularly dangerous enemies.

-Unlike the other hazards, electricity will kill your Pikmin instantly, so be wary around electric barriers and the handful of creatures with electrical properties.

-There are a couple of creatures that will regenerate their health after you kill them. Make sure to pull them into an onion/your ship before they fully recover, otherwise they will regain consciousness and you'll have to fight them again.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Just realised I have a copy of Alpha Centauri sitting in my drawer which I've never opened, with Alien Crossfire included. What should I know about them?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Dr Snofeld posted:

Just realised I have a copy of Alpha Centauri sitting in my drawer which I've never opened, with Alien Crossfire included. What should I know about them?
Kill the first person you meet.

in the game that is

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dr Snofeld posted:

Just like real life, don't trust the religious faction.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Dr Snofeld posted:

Cancel all your plans for the next several weeks. This includes work, eating, and using the bathroom.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Just like real life, don't trust the religious faction.

To elaborate, their bonus is their attack strength, and they use it! Their military is great, but their tech and diplomacy suck, so they'll inevitably try to kill whatever faction they're bordering. Plan accordingly.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Ainsley McTree posted:

To elaborate, their bonus is their attack strength, and they use it! Their military is great, but their tech and diplomacy suck, so they'll inevitably try to kill whatever faction they're bordering. Plan accordingly.
Along those lines, if you can, avoid fighting her at the start if you're playing a faction less oriented towards combat (the Morganites and University in particular) because at the beginning of her game, her augmented attack strength will probably triumph over whatever meager tech advantage you have over her. What you need to do is give her a wide berth until you have a decided advantage in weaponry, at which point you can overrun her with superior arms and defenses.

Conversely, you'll want to deal with the Morganites and University relatively quickly because they're weakest at the start before their advantages in technology and production really kick in and they become monsters.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Dr Snofeld posted:

Oh wow, that's going back a bit. If I recall a lot of people thought Crossfire was a little unbalanced. The base game is more or less perfect so I would stick to that until you get into it.

I think most people like playing peaceful factions. Anyway the most important unit for war is the helicopter. Get that before anyone else does and you will wreck their poo poo. You can trade tech in the game. Never trade tech that will lead to the helicopter because the ai will trade amongst themselves and suddenly helicopters everywhere.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Goofballs posted:

Oh wow, that's going back a bit. If I recall a lot of people thought Crossfire was a little unbalanced. The base game is more or less perfect so I would stick to that until you get into it.

I think most people like playing peaceful factions. Anyway the most important unit for war is the helicopter. Get that before anyone else does and you will wreck their poo poo. You can trade tech in the game. Never trade tech that will lead to the helicopter because the ai will trade amongst themselves and suddenly helicopters everywhere.
In general be very careful about trading any tech, because of this. They are cheating rotters, and will not hang on to important tech even if it's in their best interest. Assume everyone else has all the tech you decide to trade away, and a good deal of the stuff anyone other than you has invented. If you do trade tech, trade it to as many as possible on the same round. You may as well score the benefits before someone else does.

I genereally go for the green techs, because it helps your production scale up and gives you more powerful mindworms at the same time. But YMMV on that.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
As you get better at the game, you'll want to control them manually, but for now, just use the Automate Formers command for your formers. They'll go about their own business, building roads and farms and stuff. I don't think they do anything crazy like dig boreholes or raise or lower terrain on their own in that mode, so you generally don't have to worry about them messing anything up while you're getting a feel for the map and planning the future of your faction.

Build sensor arrays! I put them everywhere. I like to see threats coming as soon as possible.

Use the Social Engineering screen often. Sometimes, I'm distracted and miss that a new SE option is available for several years. Be warned, though, that some factions don't like certain SE options, and may get pretty angry with you if you employ those ones.

Another screen to visit often is the unit designer. Sometimes, you can design a unit that fits your purposes far more accurately than what the computer has come up with (for example, the game may design a "base defense" unit with an advanced weapon when, since they're solely for defense, it would make more sense for them to have a crappy weapon and advanced armor).

Speaking of unit design, go hog wild once you get the hang of the combat system. Make weird units and see how they turn out. A favorite of mine is a PSI shock troop: infantry with bargain-bin armor and the PSI weapon (once you have access to it). When employed properly (in large numbers, always always always attacking first), these inexpensive units can roll over enemies and just keep going, thanks to the attack advantage of the PSI weapon. Obviously, this won't work for some factions (or if you don't have a decent morale bonus), so just tinker around in the designer and see what you come up with.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
STALKER: Call of Pripyat? Never really played a STALKER game.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

The combat in the game is the usual shooting men and mutants. Guns are pretty lethal and pretty inaccurate so you'll want to be crouched, iron sights up, leaning from behind cover. If you've played a "tactical" shooter, you know the drill. Rifles kill men, shotguns for mutants.

The unique bit to the Stalker series is the artifacts and anomalies. You'll know when you're near an anomaly - you'll hear a beeping and most (not all) anomaly fields are marked on the map. Throw bolts to figure out exactly where they are and don't step in them. Anomalies spawn artifacts. These give you magic powers and are worth big $$$. You need your artifact detector out to see artifacts. Better detectors make it easier to find artifacts. You'll want to upgrade asap. The starting detector just tells you how far from an artifact you are, the second tier gives you the direction of the artifact, and the top two tiers tell you the precise location. The best artifacts are radiation resistance and bullet resistance, endurance probably third.

Feel free to increase the weight limit. Some people dig it, some people don't. If you want to increase it, you can download a mod or, if you already have a mod downloaded, edit like 3 lines in a text editor.

Regarding mods - Atmosfear makes things a little prettier, CoP Complete does as well and also makes a few other minor changes. Neither are necessary. There are other mods but they may not be appropriate for a first-timer.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Anything for Crysis(I have Warhead too) or Metro 2033?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Chinaman7000 posted:

The wiki recommends this tweak guide for Crysis 1:

http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html

But that might be geared towards making it run better on lower-end hardware, and not gameplay related - I haven't read through it.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Chinaman7000 posted:

Crysis:

- Don't play it like a conventional FPS (i.e. Call of Duty, Battlefield etc). Your suit makes you superhuman and a lot of the fun in the game is loving with the enemy soldiers and killing them in odd ways. You can of course play it like any other FPS, but where's the fun in that.

- When you get to the tank section, don't be scared to jump out and kill stuff on foot if you're taking heavy fire. The tank is a great asset when you can fire with impunity, but a destroyed tank ain't killing poo poo.

That's all I can remember really.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Chinaman7000 posted:

Metro 2033?

Take your time, explore, soak up the atmosphere. It rewards exploration and you're missing out if you don't poke around - especially in the stations.

The revolver is a very reliable weapon and can take you through the entire game, though not worth silencing. If you're killing people stealthily the throwing knives are a much better option anyway.

Listen to NPC chatter. Seriously: the stories they tell are absolutely beautiful at times, and really draw you in.

Early on you get a chance to spend some time with a prostitute. Don't do this unless you want to lose all your money.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

I think this is by far the easiest stalker game. In any case, ask people about where you can find tools for the technician. The technician can upgrade your guns and armour. This is the best thing. Also if you are short of cash rest a few days and go artifact hunting. Sell to bear, not that dickhead on the second floor. All your cash problems will be resolved. Oh and on the third floor of the ship there is this guy called nimble, its worth talking to him. As is normal in stalker games, crouch and lean out behind cover. If its mutants that are rushing at you its shotgun time. Hope you upgraded that fucker. If its the chimera, an uber powerful mutant, your best bet is to fight it on a slope. It jumps a lot so it doesn't do well on hills.

[quote="Chinaman7000"]
Anything for Crysis(I have Warhead too)

I've played through the first game but there were sections my graphics card hated in the second one so i can offer no advice on that one. I quit playing. Anyway in the first game your stealth function is important. Look around in stealth, take people out silently, especially at machine gun posts and you are good to go. Oh and mark them on the binoculars so you know where they are. You also don't have to kill everybody. it might work out out that way every so often but frequently you can just pass people by and avoid the hassle. Just remember you are in a super human suit so if you are chased into a building you can punch out the walls killing the people chasing you. There is a lot of fun stuff like that that, if you gently caress up you sprint to cover in speed and you hide in stealth when you notice them before they notice you. The best thing babout crysis is using your super powers so don't play like its fps no 234555

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 21, 2011

al-azad
May 28, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Early on you get a chance to spend some time with a prostitute. Don't do this unless you want to lose all your money.

If you care about the real ending then you have to do this because it's one of the many arbitrary triggers. Essentially, getting the "good" ending involves soaking up as much of the world as possible. Deny rewards, give money to bums, listen to every single conversation, don't kill anyone who's not immediately hostile (meaning you have to sneak past a few stealth levels without shooting anyone), head towards the light during hallucinations, and so on.

I would always carry a hellsing around the entire game. There's a level with near invincible enemies that require a gimmicky method of avoiding them. You can spend the time they watch you pumping the hellsing; three to four shots in their face from a fully pumped gun and they're dead. Feels awesome.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

al-azad posted:

If you care about the real ending then you have to do this because it's one of the many arbitrary triggers. Essentially, getting the "good" ending involves soaking up as much of the world as possible. Deny rewards, give money to bums, listen to every single conversation, don't kill anyone who's not immediately hostile (meaning you have to sneak past a few stealth levels without shooting anyone), head towards the light during hallucinations, and so on.

I would always carry a hellsing around the entire game. There's a level with near invincible enemies that require a gimmicky method of avoiding them. You can spend the time they watch you pumping the hellsing; three to four shots in their face from a fully pumped gun and they're dead. Feels awesome.

Has anyone even figured out how the system works precisely? I didn't even know about her my first run through and I got the good ending. I think its just a certain number of things triggered for it.

So no, it isn't necessary, but you may have to pick up the slack by being extra nice/curious etc.

Edit - To help, there is an indicator when you have done good. The screen will flash white and there will be a bunch of whispering.

MisterFuzzles fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 21, 2011

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just started playing Tactics Ogre for PSP and am having a pretty hard time with it. Can anyone help me out?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Can someone shoot me some tips for The Precursors and Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Contest Winner posted:

Can someone shoot me some tips for The Precursors and Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic?

For Age of Wonders, never let the AI do the 'quick battle' I've found it tends to kill a lot of your units.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Checked the wiki, didn't see anything.
Any tips for Tropico 3? Its the Steam Special edition, if that makes a difference.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Hector Delgado posted:

Any tips for Tropico 3? Its the Steam Special edition, if that makes a difference.

Depending on your islands fertility, build 3-4 tobacco or sugar farms, and when you can, build a cigar factory/rum disillery as appropriate. Congratulations, you now have almost infinite money to do whatever you want.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Danger Mahoney posted:

I just started playing Tactics Ogre for PSP and am having a pretty hard time with it. Can anyone help me out?

Archers are the god-kings of damage, try to have at least one, maybe two in your party all game. If you give Canopus a bow, he's unbelievably deadly and can get anywhere on the battlefield.

Damage spells blow unless you're using them on dragons or golems. Use status effect spells instead. Earth and Dark have the best status effects, but water's the only out-and-out lovely element. Be very careful when you're using missile spells, I can't count the number of times I've hosed up and nailed one of my own dudes

If you're using Rune Fencers/Valkyries, outfit them to be roving buffbots, they'll never do enough damage to help out more than a few times a battle and they take damage like wet toilet paper.

When you get a chance, get a Lobber, stick it on your cleric, and give her the highest level of Field Alchemy you've got. Voila, you've now at least doubled your healing effectiveness.

Those are all kind of general things, where specifically are you and what are you having trouble with?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Danger Mahoney posted:

http://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Tactics_Ogre:_Let_Us_Cling_Together

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fungah! posted:

Archers are the god-kings of damage, try to have at least one, maybe two in your party all game. If you give Canopus a bow, he's unbelievably deadly and can get anywhere on the battlefield.

Damage spells blow unless you're using them on dragons or golems. Use status effect spells instead. Earth and Dark have the best status effects, but water's the only out-and-out lovely element. Be very careful when you're using missile spells, I can't count the number of times I've hosed up and nailed one of my own dudes

If you're using Rune Fencers/Valkyries, outfit them to be roving buffbots, they'll never do enough damage to help out more than a few times a battle and they take damage like wet toilet paper.

When you get a chance, get a Lobber, stick it on your cleric, and give her the highest level of Field Alchemy you've got. Voila, you've now at least doubled your healing effectiveness.

Those are all kind of general things, where specifically are you and what are you having trouble with?

Thanks! Specifically, I'm having a hard time dealing damage; it seems like most of my dudes are doing a piddly amount of it.

Also, I really like to know ahead of time if a class or ability is useless in any rpg. Not a lot of time for trial and error as an adult. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Danger Mahoney posted:

Thanks! Specifically, I'm having a hard time dealing damage; it seems like most of my dudes are doing a piddly amount of it.

Also, I really like to know ahead of time if a class or ability is useless in any rpg. Not a lot of time for trial and error as an adult. :)

Hmm, off the top of my head:

Rune Fencers/Valkyries aren't too hot, they're not really good enough at anything
Berserkers do pretty solid damage but take way too much. If you need a damage dealer, get Coax on a Wizard/Enchantress and go pick up a couple Hoplites (big red lizard-looking dudes) in a random encounter instead
Beast Tamers are necessary to get heavy monsters, but otherwise they kind of suck

Abilities:

Quite a few suck, but most of them are pretty obvious. The only one I can think of that sounds cool but actually stinks is Berserk, it's just not useful that often.

If you want to pump up your damage, keep a couple warriors in your party instead of switching them all to knights, go get some hoplites, use archers, and learn and assign the strengthen skill (works on archers too, by the way). You're right, though, you do kind of lovely damage for most of the first chapter. Damage scales up faster than enemy HP does, though, so you'll be doing better damage by the time you hit the end of chapter one, maybe early chapter two at the latest.

Some other general advice stuff:

Kill every enemy in a battle when you can, you'll be getting pretty much all your money from selling previously-owned equipment. Make sure to pick up the tarot cards, too, if you can. It takes a few of them to increase a stat, but it's worth it. If you're getting your face pushed in, there's no shame in just sniping the enemy commander with Canopus or somebody and moving on, some battles are just hard.

Make sure all your clerics and Catiua know Exorcise and make sure you've got a couple scrolls sitting around for everyone else to use. Undead are assholes and will keep coming back to life until you exorcise them. Also, Catiua can use Spiritsurge, make sure to teach it to her.

Give everyone the Anatomy skill ASAP, you mostly fight humans and it takes forever to skill-up.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Thanks for the Crysis advice. I went from crouching in grass shooting to throwing people off cliffs and jumping shotgun first into their face from stealth, much funner.

Hate the weapon limit though. I can throw a guy like 100 feet, why can't I carry another gun?!

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Hector Delgado posted:

Palleon posted:

Depending on your islands fertility, build 3-4 tobacco or sugar farms, and when you can, build a cigar factory/rum disillery as appropriate. Congratulations, you now have almost infinite money to do whatever you want.

This is accurate. Mines are pretty good too but they run out. They can be useful at the start because the workers don't need education and they have higher profits than just regular farms. Factories need highschool educated workers so build a high school as soon as you can.

My main advice would be spread out at the start. I tend to make the mistake of having everything clustered near where the game first gives you buildings. Then that area gets horribly congested in the late game. So you are better off just building more garages and spreading out.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Chinaman7000 posted:

Thanks for the Crysis advice. I went from crouching in grass shooting to throwing people off cliffs and jumping shotgun first into their face from stealth, much funner.
Another fun activity that I only discovered midway through Crysis: Warhead (I assume this is also possible in the original) is switching to speed mode and running into KPA soldiers, bowling them over again and again and again and again.

Also, take advantage of every single opportunity to make something gratuitously explode.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!
That's one entry that may need some disambiguation. The PSP remake has a lot of important differences. So for Tactics Ogre PSP:

I posted some stuff here and the Games thread is here. In addition, the remake has two major points that I think most people will agree on.

-If you use the crafting system for only one thing, make it weapon upgrades. It's a really bad crafting system and outfitting everyone with updated stuff takes way too drat long, but weapons alone will make a big difference. A prime example is the +1 shortbow. When crafts start getting any significant chance of failure, savescum it. You owe it to yourself to make crafting as painless as possible.

-Second, just go ahead and use Chariot. All it causes you to miss out on is a useless title for perfectionists. The game, especially the post-game, is built around the assumption that you're abusing the gently caress out of Chariot. Use Chariot to recruit enemy units. Use it when you accidentally hit your own unit with a missile spell. Maybe even use it when Parry and Deflect activate later on because that ability is total bull.

And now smaller stuff.

-On classes: Warriors are always solid and it doesn't take long before they can use their auto-crit every round. Archers are the best unit, hands down. Wizards get excellent debuffs. Go with dark magic if you want a little of everything. Clerics are nice, but many players do fine with just items and Lobbers. Knights eventually get pretty iffy, but the first couple ranks of Rampart Aura transfer to some other melee classes like dragoons, which easily solve any dragon/beast problems you may be having. Assuming your archers haven't done it already. Rogues aren't worth using for stealing, but they have some pretty badass skills and do a good job of ruining someone's day with daggers. That's mostly what I used, off the top of my head.

-Give Canopus a 2-handed crossbow and never look back.

-The last boss in chapter 3 can drop the Book of Gemstones. If a tarot card drops instead, reset. You need this item.

-Baldur weapons deal extreme amounts of damage to undead units.

-Element boosting abilities work with elemental weapons. Hits with those weapons also gain experience for those skills.

-The wizard/enchantress's Meditation skill is awesome. Learn it, boost it with equipment and use it constantly. The only penalty to spamming it is slightly longer waits between turns.

-The AI is more than happy to snag your loot like a petulant child.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Chinaman7000 posted:

Metro 2033:

- Buy SHITLOADS of ammo at every shop (but when a dude tells you to buy gas mask filters, get those first)
- Helsing gun is very powerful and has reusable ammo - you pretty much need it to finish the game as one part has a lot of strong enemies that simply suck up ammo.
- Throwing knives, if you score a good hit with them, will stealthily instakill most enemies and you can pick the knife back up. Don't forget about them.
- Scopes on weapons are useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dr Snofeld posted:

That it is every citizen's duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people.

(Yeah, pretty much clear your schedule. I lost whole weekends to LAN games of that with my good buddy back in the day. Just think of it as Civilization with mind worms.)