Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunter
Dec 6, 2003

travisray2004 posted:

Dumb question; is gas expensive down under? I can't think of another country apart from the U.S. that loves their V8s as much as Australia.

We are around AUD$1.30-$1.40, so a full tank is around $90. I have a company issued fuel card, I would possibly reconsider if I was paying out of my own pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

travisray2004 posted:

Dumb question; is gas expensive down under? I can't think of another country apart from the U.S. that loves their V8s as much as Australia.

Adding to what Hunter said: It's also a massive country and price can change fairly dramatically depending on where you are.

I pay about $1.60AUD per litre where I live but on a recent road trip I traveled nearly 3000km's and paid anything between $1.25 in metro areas and a painful $1.80AUD a litre out west.

I didn't even leave my home state - I just drove from one end to the other.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Hunter posted:

2009 Holden SS Sportwagon

It drives much nicer than our previous Holden (3.6L V6 vs 6.0L V8)

This, the G8, and the G8-Camino (sport truck) would have made for an awesome line up for Pontiac.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Hunter posted:

We are around AUD$1.30-$1.40, so a full tank is around $90. I have a company issued fuel card, I would possibly reconsider if I was paying out of my own pocket

Relatively small tank in those right?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Ziploc posted:

Reason? I'm curious.
It's easy to tell who's been to the track and who hasn't :smugdog:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

dissss posted:

Relatively small tank in those right?

73 litres on the sedan (may be less on the ute?). I can't imagine using one for a daily driver just because having to refuel every week would piss you off.

And the 6.0L v8 is a dream to drive. Manual is the only way to go though, in my experience.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Lowclock posted:

It's easy to tell who's been to the track and who hasn't :smugdog:
Two weekends ago, Streets of Willow, my Miata and my brother's RHD 180SX with SR20DET drift car
This was at the end of the day and the wheels were absolutely filthy with brake dust

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Hunter posted:

2009 Holden SS Sportwagon

It drives much nicer than our previous Holden (3.6L V6 vs 6.0L V8)

Nice car, Does the back look like a Saab to anybody else? Not that that's a bad thing, I love Saab styling (just a shame about the vauxhall vectra parts bin underpinnings).

Thehit
Apr 9, 2009
The VEs look pretty awesome in a sorta understated way. I want get one as a daily in a couple of years, and go more track orientated with the Evo. And it is a VI, for the record.

Speaking of daily drivers, picked up my old mans E38 off him. It was really cheap! German cars are well built and reliable, right?
Here's a photo with three generations of our family.

(Before you all fall off your chairs, I'm well aware of the costs of repair and upkeep).

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Cool, always thought the E38 was the best looking car BMW ever produced (although you did choose the least flattering angle to take that picture from). Which engine does yours have?

Thehit
Apr 9, 2009
Seeing how I'm standing behind the car, it wasn't me taking the photo. Just don't have that many pictures of it, seeing how it hasn't really been used all that often recently. It's a 740i, so the 4 litre V8, M60 I believe?

Might have to get some decent photos sometime. I reckon some bigger wheels (maybe 18s) and playing around with the mufflers to get some noise out of it will do it for me.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Nodoze posted:

How much did the powercoating set you back ?
~$400 or so, it can be done cheaper but the color I had is a multi-stage ordeal.

Ziploc posted:

Reason? I'm curious.
Honestly, mostly to have the wheels fit a bit better. With the width and offset I'm running it'd rub/rape the fender with stock camber specs so you use more camber to tuck the wheels in a bit.

I'd like to say it's for the track, but it's my DD and really only sees spirited country road driving. I'd love to get back out to auto-crosses (it's been a few years) but I don't have a lot of time anymore.

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.
Not the flashiest car our there, but I just picked up my first new car ever (I am 29).

2012 Honda Civic hybrid. Bluetooth audio and Bluetooth phone, USB port in center console, I-Mid display. Weeee.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Bought another stupid truck.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

New wheels! Waaaay lighter than the stock wheels I had.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

D C posted:

Bought another stupid truck.

I know nothing about their on or off road manners, but I've always loved the boxy but rounded off lines of these.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

'87 NA MR2 AW11

Slowly working on restoration but it's shockingly expensive. The suspension is shot and it needs new tie rods etc etc.

d0s fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 22, 2019

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

eeenmachine posted:

What wheels are those? Weight? Size?

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

stump posted:

I know nothing about their on or off road manners, but I've always loved the boxy but rounded off lines of these.

Yeah it's a really classy/classic look. I love the boxy edges, especially in the rear.

It's a truck, body on frame, so it's not the smoothest of rides, but it does have IRS, so that, plus the longer wheelbase makes it a lot more comfortable on the road then my Xterra.

Not sure how capable it is off road, and to be honest I don't plan on finding out, its just a 2wd base model, more for sitting in traffic and toting stuff around for work, maybe the occasional tow (6,000lb rating).

I probably could have gotten a crossover of some sort with better gas mileage, but they all have disadvantages as well, either in interior space, price, or looks.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Shaocaholica posted:

What wheels are those? Weight? Size?

They are Tesla brand forged aluminum wheels. I can't find the specs anywhere but I was able to pick them up one handed and toss them around with ease.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Just picked up a 2012 Mustang V6 Premium w/Mustang Club of America package on Saturday.

Black leather, 6-speed manual, 3.31 rear end, and a couple other options--- Last 'Stang I drove was dad's 1998 Mustang GT 4.6l back in my high school days, and I still can't believe this Mustang is a 6-banger. The Kona Blue Metallic color is badass too. Definitely changes color based on lighting conditions.

The best part was I had to drive it 200mi back to home from Houston, so I really got to have some fun just cruising. Don't tell the rest of A.I., but I drove the first 20mi or so in 5th gear because I totally forgot I had another gear! (Other car is a 5-speed). Still got 28.5mpg on the drive home at 70-75mph with A/C on. :neckbeard:

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
I recently picked this up:

2002 Mustang 3.8 V6. 5 speed manual. She's all leather on the interior, and there's not a peck of rust anywhere on the car. I love my car.

I was really surprised when I test drove it. It has a lot of get-up-and-go for a 6 cylinder. I'm thinking that I might do my exhaust for the hell of it (duals lol).

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

SlimManFat posted:

I recently picked this up:

2002 Mustang 3.8 V6. 5 speed manual. She's all leather on the interior, and there's not a peck of rust anywhere on the car. I love my car.

I was really surprised when I test drove it. It has a lot of get-up-and-go for a 6 cylinder. I'm thinking that I might do my exhaust for the hell of it (duals lol).

Mind if I ask about how much you paid? Trying to get a gauge on the market for early 2000's Mustangs.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

jvick posted:

Mind if I ask about how much you paid? Trying to get a gauge on the market for early 2000's Mustangs.
I got it for 4900 CAD, but cars here in Newfoundland are always a bit more expensive than those on the mainland.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Got this finished up today. I don't need batteries to save gas :D

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Billy Tully posted:

Got this finished up today. I don't need batteries to save gas :D

Or to go slow, apparently :smuggo:.

Just kidding, I do love old scooters, so simple.

Klogdor
Jul 17, 2007

Just got this a few weeks ago, and I love it to bits! (the mr2, not the nsx) its got a bit of cancer in the rear wheel arches, but I'm hoping this will be the car I actually fix up instead of selling at a loss.

Sadly its parked now while I wait for new steering parts.

Hosting is mine.

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I love the exterior styling of the new Camaros but I absolutely despise the dash cluster, shame really since that's what you'd be looking at %95 of the time that you own it. Other than that I think they're pretty nice cars. I'm definitely interested to see some SLR pictures of it in the future. :cheers:

I'm also less than impressed with the dash layout, but truthfully I rarely look at it since all the information I need is displayed on the HUD. I usually leave the information window displaying the remaining miles until the gas tank is empty, which is the only thing I'll occasionally glance at.

As far as pics, I recently had 20% tint, black bow ties, and a JL sub installed. Took it out the other day and snapped some pics:

I added kick plates as well.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Those are pretty awesome photos, totally desktop worthy photography, thanks for sharing them! And I usually don't like the look of modified manufacturer logos, but those black bow ties look so proper. I also like how in the last picture the tint on the driver side door has that "spy goggles" effect on the ground and you can only see the gravel through that window :3:

Are you planning on going all the way with the black treatment, i.e. the rims? Or is that too :rice: for you? A set of HRE P40S would look pretty slick but they're like $5K+ a set. Couldn't find an exact match (black on black) but this gives you a good idea of what they look like;

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit
Thank you for the photo comments!

As far as the wheels go, I am undecided as to whether I am going to just keep them as-is, or have them powder coated black. For now I think I'm going to take a break from the cosmetic mods and move on to performance - CAI, headers, exhaust, etc.

Here's a few more pics no one asked for:

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

TheKeeper posted:

Thank you for the photo comments!

As far as the wheels go, I am undecided as to whether I am going to just keep them as-is, or have them powder coated black. For now I think I'm going to take a break from the cosmetic mods and move on to performance - CAI, headers, exhaust, etc.

Please do something about those hideous black rubber squares Camaro calls pedals before you abandon cosmetics. I definitely like the black ties, keep the pics coming.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Not sure I like using the long lens.

Also trying out this H-D-R thing for the first time. All the rage with kids these days.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 26, 2011

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

Not sure I like using the long lens.

Also trying out this H-D-R thing for the first time. All the rage with kids these days.

I really like seeing photos of your car -- something about the way you have put it together and even the "simplicity" of your approach.

I believe HDR really begins to stand out when applied to very colorful, high brightness scenes, alas your masking is faintly noticeable, far less than what "the kids" would yield on their first time around ;)

I recently sent my headlights off to lightwerkz to have them perform a full blackout. I'm also having some S2000 projectors installed to replace the factory units, which yield a rather bland light output, particularly when compared to the S2000 units. In the meantime, my vehicle has been sitting like this:

Time to clean.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

thealphabetsez posted:

I really like seeing photos of your car -- something about the way you have put it together and even the "simplicity" of your approach.

I believe HDR really begins to stand out when applied to very colorful, high brightness scenes, alas your masking is faintly noticeable, far less than what "the kids" would yield on their first time around ;)

I recently sent my headlights off to lightwerkz to have them perform a full blackout. I'm also having some S2000 projectors installed to replace the factory units, which yield a rather bland light output, particularly when compared to the S2000 units. In the meantime, my vehicle has been sitting like this:

Time to clean.

I hate sending parts out to have work done on them while rendering your car undrivable. I hope you have another car.

Oh I can play the HDR game with the best of them
:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

eeenmachine posted:

Awesome! This is an Evora right? Is this your daily driver? How practical is it vs a regular car? Is the engine supercharged?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Shaocaholica posted:

I hate sending parts out to have work done on them while rendering your car undrivable. I hope you have another car.

Oh I can play the HDR game with the best of them
:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Good lord this makes the image look awful. It looks like it belongs on a geocities page.

Thehit
Apr 9, 2009

b0nes posted:

Awesome! This is an Evora right? Is this your daily driver? How practical is it vs a regular car? Is the engine supercharged?

From what I'm told, the performance is quite electrifying...

I'll be here all weeks folks.

That's a Tesla roadster.

Here's a photo of my car with a couple of other Mitsubishis.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

b0nes posted:

Is the engine supercharged?

With ELECTRICITY! :science:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h: