Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Ok this may sound stupid, But I haven't used my phone upgrade in 5+ years. I'm on Sero and want the kyocera Echo. It's $20 through Amazon with a contract extension. Can I do that and not gently caress up my Sero? There's no way to do this, is there? It just gives me the "everything" plans as options.

Should I just eat the $80 extra and get it through sprint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

fknlo posted:

Can they handle EPRP stuff? I just got used to going to the store on campus from when I was an employee and none of the stores near me could ever do anything for me. The one at 135th and Metcalf would be awesome because I live/work near it.

I don't see why they couldn't do EPRP stuff, but I don't work retail so I guess I don't know for sure. Might be worth a phone call, or maybe Chappy can answer

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Ordered my Evo 3D today, pretty exciting stuff. Hopefully it gets here quickly.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quote:

Uh...I'm a Premier Gold member on SERO, and I'm getting this message:

quote:

We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit https://www.sprint.com/everythingplus to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order.

That URL doesn't have the 3D. What gives?

My store options don't include the upgrade option for the 3D. This is still happening for me this morning. Can anyone tell me why this is preventing me from exercising my upgrade option?

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 21, 2011

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I am looking forward to seeing all of the "this phone is awesome but the battery sucks" posts for the next couple of weeks before things even out like they did with the EVO 4G.

Also, this was interesting: http://www.androidcentral.com/camera-comparison-htc-evo-3d-vs-evo-4g

The pictures seem a bit sharper with the 3D's camera, but the colors look a lot better with the 4G to me. Regardless, it looks like the EVO 3D takes perfectly acceptable 2D pictures, so if anybody was concerned about the drop from 8MP to 5MP, this should alleviate those concerns. (Besides that fact that megapixels do not equal quality anyway)

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

brc64 posted:

I am looking forward to seeing all of the "this phone is awesome but the battery sucks" posts for the next couple of weeks before things even out like they did with the EVO 4G.

Yeah, what we (I) learned last time is that it takes ~a week for the battery life in most phones to sort of normalize. First week of the Evo was ridiculous, getting like 6-8 hours of charge with little use. It got much better in week 2, though. Not sure why this is. Lesson learned, though.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Yeah, what we (I) learned last time is that it takes ~a week for the battery life in most phones to sort of normalize. First week of the Evo was ridiculous, getting like 6-8 hours of charge with little use. It got much better in week 2, though. Not sure why this is. Lesson learned, though.

As far as I know it's a combination of conditioning the battery itself and the phone calibrating its software to accurately report the charge.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Hdip posted:

Yeah I setup an order through the sprint page. Then saw how much sales tax is for 2 phones. So I just ordered through amazon. I'll probably pay an upgrade fee but the 20 bucks off phone price should help cover that and no tax.

I should have done this. I think it was like $22 in tax. Amazon would have been cheaper and tax free. A well. I hope I fetch a decent price for my Evo.

At least Sprint allowed shipping to a non billing address as I currently live and work in the different state. At first I was afraid they would only shop to your billing address.

averox fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 21, 2011

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Well, according to a rep a spoke with, "EPRP overrides the Sprint Premier Gold status eligibility for an upgrade that you have and you cannot exercise your upgrade for the EVO 3D until the 27th". I can't imagine why both wouldn't be applicable for a customer who's been with sprint for 10+ years and all I'm looking to do is give them $200+/2 year contract.

Awesome. If anyone's in the same boat as me (EPRP/Gold) looks like we're out of luck for at least another week, assuming that the 3D doesn't get sold out online in that time. :sigh:

I guess I may as well check a Sprint retail store on Friday.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 21, 2011

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Checked the school shop, I can order on thursday after I do my liability transfer but the guy said it might be back ordered for the next 2 weeks if the original evo launch was any indication

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm recently married and want to join my wife's Sprint plan. She is the solitary phone on a "Single Plan - Everything Data" with 450 minutes. I am the lead phone on my family plan that currently has 5 lines.

How hard will it be for me to switch over and port my number? We honestly won't need more minutes. Neither she nor I are under contract at this time and would prefer to keep it that way if possible. If my phone (the primary/lead on the contract) leaves my family's plan will they all have to sign something new? I don't like tiered data and so want to consolidate plans before it happens on Sprint.

Hed fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 21, 2011

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Gold Premier and a customer for like 10+ years and I still don't have the option to order early. Bastards.

Hopefully I can camp out on the 24th and get one since I was counting on this early pre-order.

Jeratain
Apr 5, 2004

I have no socially redeeming value.
Any idea when Sprint stores will have demo units available? I'm guessing on the 24th.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

a shameful boehner posted:

Well, according to a rep a spoke with, "EPRP overrides the Sprint Premier Gold status eligibility for an upgrade that you have and you cannot exercise your upgrade for the EVO 3D until the 27th". I can't imagine why both wouldn't be applicable for a customer who's been with sprint for 10+ years and all I'm looking to do is give them $200+/2 year contract.

Awesome. If anyone's in the same boat as me (EPRP/Gold) looks like we're out of luck for at least another week, assuming that the 3D doesn't get sold out online in that time. :sigh:

I guess I may as well check a Sprint retail store on Friday.

Never trust a Sprint CSR, they fixed it in the past hour or so :) I'm checking out right now!

http://www.sprint.com/ftbredbud29

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Hed posted:

I'm recently married and want to join my wife's Sprint plan. She is the solitary phone on a "Single Plan - Everything Data" with 450 minutes. I am the lead phone on my family plan that currently has 5 lines.

How hard will it be for me to switch over and port my number? We honestly won't need more minutes. Neither she nor I are under contract at this time and would prefer to keep it that way if possible. If my phone (the primary/lead on the contract) leaves my family's plan will they all have to sign something new? I don't like tiered data and so want to consolidate plans before it happens on Sprint.

Call Sprint to have one of the other lines on your account made primary so you're just secondary. Then you and your wife need to go to a Sprint store and do a transfer of liability so your line will move to her account and change it to a family plan.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Never trust a Sprint CSR, they fixed it in the past hour or so :) I'm checking out right now!

Hey this linked worked for me. Gotta upgrade my line to something first but that page said I could order it and brought up my number right away. Hopefully I can order it.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Anyone get any information on if they'll process online Evo 3D orders before Friday? I tried asking on chat but the person was close to impossible to talk to.

I asked if Evo 3D orders would begin processing before friday and they proceeded to tell me information I could read on my order tracking. And then requested that I wait until Friday. So I asked straight out "So orders won't begin to be processed until friday?" And got the response "Yes, you are right ." Anyone checked up on this themselves through in store, phone, email, or more competent chat?

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

Thanks a lot! ready to get 3Deeeez!

Getimmaaw fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 21, 2011

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

spidoman posted:

Anyone get any information on if they'll process online Evo 3D orders before Friday? I tried asking on chat but the person was close to impossible to talk to.

I asked if Evo 3D orders would begin processing before friday and they proceeded to tell me information I could read on my order tracking. And then requested that I wait until Friday. So I asked straight out "So orders won't begin to be processed until friday?" And got the response "Yes, you are right ." Anyone checked up on this themselves through in store, phone, email, or more competent chat?

I was told on the phone today (they called me to verify literally every field I entered into the online form) that I would be receiving the phone in "2-5 business days".

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Thanks! I just ordered successfully and received a confirmation email.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

IOwnCalculus posted:

Just ordered mine. God I hope it gets here fast.

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.
Is anyone else still seeing only a $75 dollar discount for the 3D? I contacted Sprint a few weeks back to get my upgrade bumped up, and they confirmed, but I'm not getting the $150 I was expecting. What's the deal?

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006

Back of the Bus posted:

Is anyone else still seeing only a $75 dollar discount for the 3D? I contacted Sprint a few weeks back to get my upgrade bumped up, and they confirmed, but I'm not getting the $150 I was expecting. What's the deal?

Send the word "upgrade " to 1311. If your upgrade got reset it should tell you that you have a $150 discount.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!

IOwnCalculus posted:

This worked for me even though I do not have premier, was that supposed to happen?

Edit: Just got an order confirmation email too

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

poxin posted:

This worked for me even though I do not have premier, was that supposed to happen?

Not even Premier Silver?

Jeratain
Apr 5, 2004

I have no socially redeeming value.
What cases are people ordering for their EVO3Ds? I'm looking for something thin and light that will protect it (e.g.: Incipio Feather). That camera area is going to scratch easily as has been indicated in all the previews.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!

spidoman posted:

Not even Premier Silver?

Not even close, I'm on a SERO plan. I just clicked it to see what it would do, didn't expect it to work!

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Getimmaaw posted:

Send the word "upgrade " to 1311. If your upgrade got reset it should tell you that you have a $150 discount.

I just hopped on chat and they verified that a note has been placed on my account, but to use it, I must contact telesales. I didn't think telesales were offering the evo3d at this point, so am I screwed or is there another way around it?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Back of the Bus posted:

I just hopped on chat and they verified that a note has been placed on my account, but to use it, I must contact telesales. I didn't think telesales were offering the evo3d at this point, so am I screwed or is there another way around it?

They aren't, I talked to them before I ordered online. Looks like you might be hosed?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

RodShaft posted:

Ok this may sound stupid, But I haven't used my phone upgrade in 5+ years. I'm on Sero and want the kyocera Echo. It's $20 through Amazon with a contract extension. Can I do that and not gently caress up my Sero? There's no way to do this, is there? It just gives me the "everything" plans as options.

Should I just eat the $80 extra and get it through sprint?

There's a reason it's only $20, it's not that great of a phone. I'd honestly take the Evo 4G even over an Echo.

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

fknlo posted:

They aren't, I talked to them before I ordered online. Looks like you might be hosed?

Dang. How the hell do I get my phhhhhoonnnnneeeeezzzzz???

chizad
Jul 9, 2001

'Cus we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies

Triikan posted:

Just a personal note, I emailed this email around noon today, still waiting on a response. I emailed sprintcares and 20 minutes later I got a response.

Has anybody gotten a response from this e-mail. It appears the source of this blog is some dude named Art.

Looks like "Art" is the same guy that's been restoring upgrades for folks over on SprintUsers (in this thread) for a few months now. I sent him a PM over there on Friday and got a response back today saying my upgrade eligibility has been restored and should be reflected on my account in 24-48 hours. I've been following that thread for a while and from what I can tell his team is doing this in addition to their normal stuff and they've been getting swamped with requests.

snKestren
Jun 25, 2008

poxin posted:

I just did the same thing using the link posted earlier. I have Sero 500 here, not even Sero Premium. We'll see what happens.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

IOwnCalculus posted:

Sick, I'm on SERO-P, with no reason for this to have worked for me, but I was able to order one anyway. I am neither Silver or Gold.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm guessing the "fix" had the side effect of removing the Premier requirement. 3DEEZNUTS for everyone!

Edit: Countdown until a congressperson gets busted for sending 3D pics of their junk to married women

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

big mean giraffe posted:

There's a reason it's only $20, it's not that great of a phone. I'd honestly take the Evo 4G even over an Echo.

My small town Iowa isn't gonna get 4G service in the forseeable future. I'm getting the best 3G phone I can find, Which seems to be the echo. I was just wondering if there was a way to get the amazon price and keep Sero.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

McGrady posted:

I have a discount through my employer, can I get the 3D and the 18% off the plans now? I don't see how to do this through the store at this time. I'm not currently a sprint user.

If you get a smart Rep you can get it setup where the discount is on the plan from day 1. If they don't do that then you have to wait a bill cycle or two. Pm me and I'll get you details.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

RodShaft posted:

My small town Iowa isn't gonna get 4G service in the forseeable future. I'm getting the best 3G phone I can find, Which seems to be the echo. I was just wondering if there was a way to get the amazon price and keep Sero.

Technically no, and honestly I don't think it is worth risking it. Some people here disagree with me, but the echo is only $80 more via sprint corporate and you are guaranteed no hassles. Amazon has no interest selling to eprp or sero, sprint pulls commission if they sell the phone.

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

^^^^^
Duckman, I sent you a PM regarding my whining a few posts up. Just wanted to let you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
Just ordered my Evo 3D on my non premiere original SERO account. (I know I have to go to Premium to use it)

Freeloading wins again!