Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

I ordered mine around 12:30 last night, right after the page went up.

As did I, but mine hasn't been shipped yet, so who knows really. I did say charge my bill, so that may have something to do with it, or family plan vs. individual, gold vs. silver, location, name, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dim, Tired, and Elderly
Mar 25, 2004

ur ded
EVO3D isn't showing up when I go to pick a phone after completing the info from the ERP link. Are they not offering the EVO3D for new ERP customers?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Just called them to check on my order confirmation status, because I never received an email. It was processed but they are basically all out and the ship time right now is 2-5 days, but it might not get shipped out for awhile. I ordered a few hours after everyone else was saying they were, so they sold out fast.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Dim, Tired, and Elderly posted:

EVO3D isn't showing up when I go to pick a phone after completing the info from the ERP link. Are they not offering the EVO3D for new ERP customers?

Today it's only available for Premier Silver and Gold customers. If you're a new customer (EPRP or otherwise), there's no way you can get it until Friday since you can't be a Premier customer out of the gate.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

900ftjesus posted:

Today it's only available for Premier Silver and Gold customers. If you're a new customer (EPRP or otherwise), there's no way you can get it until Friday since you can't be a Premier customer out of the gate.

This isn't exactly true. Lots of non Premier people have been ordering it (myself included).

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

chemosh6969 posted:

I'm not getting a 3D as I just got my Shift. I'm just chiming in to say I got my system update message today for Android :)

I also discovered something pretty lovely. You can't change the account for Google Talk without resetting the phone to factory settings. Since we switched our email system at work to gmail, I was hoping to change my account to that one. I guess calendar is the same way but I used it for the first time with my work email, so that's good.

Let me know how the update for the shift is please. My fiance got it and her shift has gone to poo poo since the update. Really frustrating.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

spidoman posted:

As did I, but mine hasn't been shipped yet, so who knows really. I did say charge my bill, so that may have something to do with it, or family plan vs. individual, gold vs. silver, location, name, who knows.

Mine is still awaiting processing at the warehouse. If I have to fly down to Florida with this piece of poo poo epic I am going to wipe it and then put it in my checked baggage.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

"d[-.- posted:

b"]
This isn't exactly true. Lots of non Premier people have been ordering it (myself included).

Now I truly see no purpose in Premier Silver.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

The Entire Universe posted:

When did you put in your order if you don't mind me asking?

I put mine in at about 8am CST today (21st) and am wondering if I am to expect a delivery tomorrow.

My Epic was delivered the following day but because I have an extra chromosome I forgot to put my apartment number in my address on my account so it took 2 days.

Hopefully they ship out of KC. That's like 3 hours drive from Omaha even at geezer speeds.

Sprint cares called me this morning to let me know I could order them. I had been working with them over the past week to get the free airave and both my lines to full early upgrade for the Evo3deez. I think it was around 8am EST when they called? I was going to have duckman2008 do the deal for me, but when the sprint cares guy said he could have them to me before friday I collapsed like a sissy. (I still feel like a cock face duckman :D)

I will say that the experience with Sprint cares has been one of the best customer service deals I have ever done. After dealing with Volkswagen of America for the past 2 years on my piece of poo poo GTI, this was like going to Wonkas Chocolate Factory and enjoying a gum drop smile while oompa loompas serviced my cock and balls. I will be sticking with Sprint for many more years to come. Do never buy a Volkswagen, seriously.

My airave took almost 2 hours before the mobile light became solid. Went from 0-1 bars on 1x, to full bars 3g in my house!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

900ftjesus posted:

Now I truly see no purpose in Premier Silver.

But you still get that sweet accessory discount. :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Choicecut posted:

Sprint cares called me this morning to let me know I could order them. I had been working with them over the past week to get the free airave and both my lines to full early upgrade for the Evo3deez. I think it was around 8am EST when they called? I was going to have duckman2008 do the deal for me, but when the sprint cares guy said he could have them to me before friday I collapsed like a sissy. (I still feel like a cock face duckman :D)

I will say that the experience with Sprint cares has been one of the best customer service deals I have ever done. After dealing with Volkswagen of America for the past 2 years on my piece of poo poo GTI, this was like going to Wonkas Chocolate Factory and enjoying a gum drop smile while oompa loompas serviced my cock and balls. I will be sticking with Sprint for many more years to come. Do never buy a Volkswagen, seriously.

My airave took almost 2 hours before the mobile light became solid. Went from 0-1 bars on 1x, to full bars 3g in my house!

Just got my tracking number. Delivery slated for the 22nd!

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Kreeblah posted:

But you still get that sweet accessory discount. :v:

But only if you buy two.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
I ordered today at around 9am PST, and I got my tracking number..... 3deeeznutz!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I also received my tracking number tonight. Delivery expected Wednesday/Thursday.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ordered at 12:38 AM last night, no tracking number. There is no justice.

EDIT: I take it all back, it just appeared! Justice for everyone!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I recently became eligible for the full upgrade credit. Upon checking the Sprint phone selection, I'm somewhat disappointed. Are there any good non-Android phones on the near horizon for Sprint? Or should I consider switching providers?

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
What do you have against Android. :colbert:

I currently have a Blackberry with them that serves me OK. But honestly, the only phones worth having besides Androids are iPhones (and even that's debatable), which are AT&T and Verizon only. Why would you subject yourself ever to the awful Microsoft UI?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Q_res posted:

I recently became eligible for the full upgrade credit. Upon checking the Sprint phone selection, I'm somewhat disappointed. Are there any good non-Android phones on the near horizon for Sprint? Or should I consider switching providers?

I love the HTC Arrive (even though i'm getting an evo3d). I got it for my mom and played with it and if I wasn't such an Android fanboy, it would be the phone I used.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
This really isn't the appropriate thread for why I won't use Android, but it can be best summed up in two words: gently caress Google
If push comes to shove, I guess I can always get a line on my fathers corporate AT&T account. But I won't use Android, even if it means leaving Sprint.

edit:

ShowTime posted:

I love the HTC Arrive (even though i'm getting an evo3d). I got it for my mom and played with it and if I wasn't such an Android fanboy, it would be the phone I used.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about WP7. Glad to hear someone likes it. Really I'm gonna need a replacement for my Pre soon, and I've given up all hope of seeing a new WebOS phone on Sprint ever.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 22, 2011

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Just got my 3deez tracking number. Must be some delays internally in Sprint since it looks like UPS has had it for ~3h now. Should have it in my hands within 24 hours, sweet!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

IOwnCalculus posted:

Just got my 3deez tracking number. Must be some delays internally in Sprint since it looks like UPS has had it for ~3h now. Should have it in my hands within 24 hours, sweet!

I may be assuming incorrectly, but it may be like printing a USPS label - the system registers the tracking number at the time of printing but no info is there until it gets scanned by the shipper. E.g. Sprint's shipping posse printed the label, slapped it on a box, and 3 hrs later, UPS scanned it into their system. Sprint registers that and posts the tracking number at that point.

I assume if they posted it at the time of printing it would just upset people who check it and see something like "Check back later."

UPS plans on getting my phone from Louisville, KY to Omaha in a timeframe less than 20 hours or so. At least, I hope it's less then 20 hours or so. I leave for work at 5:30PM and I'm hoping to be able to at least activate the drat thing before that.

I should ask a UPS goon if they keep records of in-person-delivery (e.g. signature required delivery) times to better tailor deliveries to times when a recipient is actually at home. I had left a note on a door tag a while back asking them to deliver earlier, they've been dropping by in the late morning/early afternoon ever since. I recall quite a few being in their KS (Lenexa?) hub and piping up in some GBS thread.

Fedex, however, gives no fucks. Their response to me when I called and asked was "It'll get there when it gets there" in a nutshell - obviously it wasn't that classless, but that was the gist of it. I wasn't asking a driver to make a detour in the middle of his route, I was asking them a number of days prior to a delivery as I'd had door tags from them left at times like 8PM. Just put it on a morning truck in the area and I'll be happy to wake up at 8AM after working until 2:30AM as long as I get my poo poo. Learned that their warehouse was about 10 minutes from me, so I have since just been telling them to leave it at the facility and I'll pick it up on my way to work.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jun 22, 2011

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Q_res posted:

This really isn't the appropriate thread for why I won't use Android, but it can be best summed up in two words: gently caress Google
If push comes to shove, I guess I can always get a line on my fathers corporate AT&T account. But I won't use Android, even if it means leaving Sprint.

edit:

Yeah, I wasn't sure about WP7. Glad to hear someone likes it. Really I'm gonna need a replacement for my Pre soon, and I've given up all hope of seeing a new WebOS phone on Sprint ever.

WebOS is sadly dead, Blackberry obviously is a worse option than your Pre, get the Arrive dude. I honestly really like it.

Check this out:

http://thisismynext.com/2011/06/21/windows-phone-mango-75-preview/

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Q_res posted:

That doesn't seem to sum anything up :confused:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Q_res posted:

I would just wait for the iPhone this Fall. Unless you are like: gently caress Apple also.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Got my tracking number. Unfortunately, Sprint hosed up both taking down my address on the web AND confirming it on the phone. My company name / suite # were both cut off and the address itself was copied twice. I know I didn't enter it into the web that way, and I ESPECIALLY know I didn't read it back to them on the phone that way...

Anyone know what UPS does when they have a delivery to an office park with multiple suites but no suite #?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Official UPS policy is that the driver gets to take your stuff home!

But seriously I'm pretty sure you can contact Sprint and UPS and have the address changed mid-ship or have them hold it for you to pick up at the distribution center.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
^^^^^^^^
I'm pretty sure the rules are different for large companies like Sprint but for even business customers you cannot re-route packages until one delivery attempt has been made. I know Apple had made UPS delay packages or something one time when a hot new item was supposed to arrive before the release date.

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Got my tracking number. Unfortunately, Sprint hosed up both taking down my address on the web AND confirming it on the phone. My company name / suite # were both cut off and the address itself was copied twice.

I'm glad I got it shipped to where I'm currently staying for the summer because the system showed my address as:

#3HouseNumber StreetName

instead of

HouseNumber StreetName

The driver would be "There is no 30,000 on this street" and send it back home.

averox fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 22, 2011

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Sweet, my 3d is out for delivery :woop:

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

diospadre posted:

Official UPS policy is that the driver gets to take your stuff home!

But seriously I'm pretty sure you can contact Sprint and UPS and have the address changed mid-ship or have them hold it for you to pick up at the distribution center.

I would do this but it's already "Out for delivery"...

It lists my address as:
#### Streetname#### Streetname
City, State Zip

I had our secretary or whatever put a giant sign that says if it's for me, it's for our company on the mailbox. Hopefully that's enough.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!
For anyone getting their 3Deez today, can you comment on voice call quality, 3G speeds, and 4G speeds/time it takes to connect? Those were some of the issues in the Engadget review that I don't recall seeing directly refuted by other reviews, so I'm just curious.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Also for anyone getting their 3Deez today: t:mad:

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
A quick break in the 3deez action, here's a Google Voice FAQ, straight from Sprint!

Google Voice Questions and Answers

How do I sign up for Google Voice with Sprint?
You will need to go to https://www.google.com/voice/sprint.
You can select either Option 1 or Option 2 and follow the self- provisioning steps.
Once you reach this site you need to begin the process of integrating your Sprint phone into GV.

Is Google Voice only for IL users?
At launch GV will only be available to Individually Liable devices.
You will need to go to https://www.google.com/voice/sprint. Once you reach this site you need to begin the process of integrating your Sprint phone into GV. You can select either Option 1 or Option 2 and follow the self- provisioning steps.

If yes is offering it for CL users being considered?
Corporately Liable user is being considered we are in the process of establishing an Opt in for qualified customers however development is required to facilitate this future capability.

Is Google Voice available to IL users who are attached to a hierarchy or are Government IL users?
Google voice is not available at this time for these types of users.

Can Google Voice be used for international outbound routing dialing while roaming abroad?
No - the trigger for Google Voice is available only via the Sprint CDMA network.

Can Google Voice be used while roaming?
No - the trigger for Google Voice is available only via the Sprint CDMA network. Your phone will still be able to receive calls dialed directly.

I sign up for Google Voice and I don't like it can I revert back to my Sprint service?
Yes you can. You will need to go back to Google.com/voice and select the options to turn your service off and revert to the Sprint service. You will need to press the "1" key in order to set back up your Sprint voicemail box options.

Does Google Voice work with the AIrrave?
Yes the Sprint Airrave devices are compatible with the Google Voice service

Is Google Voice with Sprint available in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands?
At this time Google Voice is not offered in these locations. Normal Sprint wireless services are available as well as Converged Voice services for Sprint Business customers.

Do I need to install the Google Voice App on my device if it is not embedded?
Yes. You need to go to Google or Android market to load the GV App to your device. Failure to do so may cause call processing to fail.

Where can I go for help with my service?
For wireless issues (network, connectivity, plans) users may dial *2. For Google Voice issues users should use the Google on process. The Google Help Forum is the best place to start;
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice?hl=en

GV Tips and Tricks
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice/label?lid=38fda5f2559dddd0&hl=en
http://www.sprint.com/landings/googlevoice/?ID16=MA:032111:GoogleVoice&id16=goog le%20voice
http://www.google.com/googlevoice/sprint/

International Voice rates.
https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/rates

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
called telesales and they told me to wait until friday, so somehow they knew that i am not an important person.

i did find out that i qualify for the $150 upgrade for some reason now though? which is weird but cool as heck.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

sirbeefalot posted:

Also for anyone getting their 3Deez today: t:mad:

Right back atcha! t('.'t)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
What the loving gently caress!? I just got my EVO3d despite receiving no order confirmation or shipping details. It's not even noon.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

ShowTime posted:

What the loving gently caress!? I just got my EVO3d despite receiving no order confirmation or shipping details. It's not even noon.

:drat:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

ShowTime posted:

Start reviewing now please.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
So...Engadget rated the Kyocera Echo and the Atrix better than the 3D?

That is...interesting.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

nate fisher posted:

Start reviewing now please.

Well I haven't turned it on because i'm doing an online activation and that's easily done if you haven't turned it on. Initial impressions of the phones appearance are:

A lot thinner to I imagined/expected, but the biggest phone in terms of height and width that i've ever used.
The dedicated camera button and 3d toggle are so ugly.
It has a pleasant grain on the back and the hold button/power button is thin and wide and easy to use.
The camera facing feels like glass or something and gets smudged easily, but looks alright.
It has a really minimal design in the front. Lots of screen space and the bottom buttons occupy little space while the top HTC and Sprint logos occupy even less.

I just booted it up and activated it in you'll never guess how long.

It booted up in less then 10 seconds. Activated with Sprint in 15.

Edit: The new Sense UI is absurd. The one thing I was kind of apprehensive about was going back to Sense after using it on the Hero. I played with stock Android and kind of liked it.

This updated Sense UI is amazing. The big bottom bar that took up like half the screen? Gone. You can do calls/emails/texts/camera from the hold screen. There are 4 buttons on the bottom you can drag and drop onto the bottom circle and it opens that app up right away. That is amazingly useful.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Phone just got here too.

This thing feels SOLID. It's definitely taller and thinner than my Evo, and feels approximately the same weight. I love the feeling of the back, and the camera button is nice.

The camera button clicks in twice for me, which I think it's supposed to. It feels like there's two "levels" of clicking, each with a satisfying *click* noise.

Haven't turned it on yet because I have meetings. :(