Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Oh hey, there's a fix for the Speed Dial problem: http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2011/06/03/missing-speed-dials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Got a problem with my hotmail not working on Opera. Strangely enough the two accounts linked to my main account (my mom's account and my old account) work fine.

Problem: Open up hotmail, nothing will work. Clicking on a message does nothing. Clicking the checkbox at the top to select all messages does nothing, etc.. Simply put, I just get a page where I can do nothing.

Using 11.11 and have no extensions/add-ons whatsoever. Tried clearing private data, etc. and still nothing.

Any other goons who happen to use hotmail experiencing this problem?

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Using a vanilla 11.11 install here, no problems at all using Hotmail. I do have all the ads blocked there after some weird focus stealing stuff I had once (and a bout of awful flash ads that made opera seize up using 100% CPU)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Old Guadalajara posted:

Got a problem with my hotmail not working on Opera. Strangely enough the two accounts linked to my main account (my mom's account and my old account) work fine.

Problem: Open up hotmail, nothing will work. Clicking on a message does nothing. Clicking the checkbox at the top to select all messages does nothing, etc.. Simply put, I just get a page where I can do nothing.

Using 11.11 and have no extensions/add-ons whatsoever. Tried clearing private data, etc. and still nothing.

Any other goons who happen to use hotmail experiencing this problem?

Yeah, I can't use any of the choices on the left, or even open the message in a new tab.
When I try that it just brings me back where I started.

I also ad-block the poo poo out of everything.
No plug-ins, just a minimalist skin from 9.5 or so, and that Win 7 transparency thing (which makes viewing .pdfs an absolute bitch).

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 17, 2011

uncle wrinkles
May 27, 2006

WOW I AM A SHITTY POST COOL HUH

Version 11 Kicks Butt™

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Stupidly nonexistent timeouts have been a part of Opera since as long as I can remember.

uncle wrinkles
May 27, 2006

WOW I AM A SHITTY POST COOL HUH

Lakitu7 posted:

Stupidly nonexistent timeouts have been a part of Opera since as long as I can remember.

The problem was solved somewhere towards the end of the 9.x lifecycle. Too bad 9.x stopped working with GMail last year.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well... seems my hotmail problem fixed itself. I can access it as if nothing was ever wrong.

Weird, but ok I'll take it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Anyone else have a weird issue in Gmail where Opera will add a weird, empty image box after you send a message? This is what it looks like:

It's not a signature. I even tried adding a signature to see if it might disappear, but Opera ended up adding an "image" to the signature too. So I think it might have something to do with the text boxes in Gmail.

If I send emails from other browsers or my phone, these things don't show up. And when I look at mail I've sent using Opera in other browsers, all my messages have these weird empty images. So it's definitely an Opera issue.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
New weekly build today
http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2011/06/20/presto-2-9

Nothing super exciting to me but there's a core update and those are always helpful. They claim CSS parsing is 10-15% faster. No listed known issues.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
There's a new UI skin build out, maybe a few other things under the hood. The new skin is taking some getting used to but I appreciate that they reduced the padding significantly for the tab bar. I hated the previous couple of builds for the excessive padding.

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=1024672

Also, and this has been happening for several builds now, I keep getting blank favicons for my tabs, usually when more than one page for a particular site is open (like two IMDb pages). Suddenly I'm left with no icon for one or both of them. Any ideas? I've deleted my cache, thumbnails, and other Local Settings type folders to get them to reload but they start disappearing some few hours later. Getting annoying.

The three tabs here are all SA threads and one of them is blank. In fact, the one on the right is a newly opened thread using the Clone Tab option of the blank one.

er0k
Nov 21, 2002

i like ham.
is there anything like Chrome's task manager for Opera?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

er0k posted:

is there anything like Chrome's task manager for Opera?
To the best of my knowledge no, since Chrome's designed in a different way from most browsers and treats individual tabs and such as separate processes. I'm sure someone wiser than me will correct this if I'm wrong though.

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

I think the closest you get are:
opera:cache?memory
opera:memdebug

You can also open info panel (F4 to open panel bar, '+' icon to add info panel) and see the current web page's size in bytes.

Startacus
May 25, 2007
I am Startacus.
And 11.5 just dropped: http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2011/06/28/swordfish-came-out-on-the-water

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Opera 11.50 download counter: http://opera.com

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
every time they say they've made it faster...they're not lying. Peacekeeper errored out on me though :(

"Could not find result for key 6DPs"

the newest glass skin is also very nice.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

The previous version was quite sluggish for me but 11.5 is really really fast. Holy cripes!!!

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

Bonus posted:

The previous version was quite sluggish for me but 11.5 is really really fast. Holy cripes!!!

This is basically my first impression as well.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm on a brand new ThinkPad with the stock Win7 Pro x64 from the factory installed. This morning I installed two Windows updates for .Net 3.5.1 and I updated Opera from 11.11 to 11.50. I then rebooted.

After that I get these every time I launch Opera:

First this:

Followed by this:

Any idea what's up with this?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I got a similar "Problem with shortcut" popups whenever starting Opera after upgrading to 11.50 too, clicking yes to remove it made the problem go away. :iiam:

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Anyone having problems with speed-dial widgets not persisting between sessions? The ones I added yesterday weren't there when I started up today, so I tried re-adding them, plus a new page in speed-dial, then restarting again. The new page is still there but the widgets are gone again.

This is on my work machine so it could well be one of IT's security policies blocking certain types of local data being saved somehow. I haven't yet restarted my home setup for comparison's sake.

EDIT: Nope, it's working fine for someone else in this office...

Shallow fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jun 29, 2011

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Upgrading to 11.50 removed several of the address bar search engines - I tried to Wikipedia-search something and found everything except Google and Bing had been removed. Was Bing even a search engine in previous versions? Also Encyclopedia search when right-clicking has become a Google search as well. I'm going to assume this is a bug or that it's now user-definable.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Sounds like a bug, I still have them all.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Anybody else missing the drop down arrow that shows what addresses you typed in? Mine disappeared when I upgraded to 11.50

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 29, 2011

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Sporadic posted:

Anybody else missing the drop down arrow that shows what addresses you typed in? Mine disappeared when I upgraded to 11.50

This apparently was removed and some people weren't happy about that. The workaround/way of the future is to use your up or down arrow on your kb.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Sporadic posted:

You can enable it in opera:config.

Copy this into your address bar, and press enter: opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowDropdownButtonInAddressfield

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Hi Goons, I'm having a problem with Opera Mobile 11. (for 7 tablet)

First of all, I can't figure out how to right click in the browser. Holding until a menu shows up doesn't work, and neither does holding one finger and tapping with the second. How can I go about this? I asked another friend with a similar tablet and he couldn't figure it out either. They're both EXOPC's if it matters.

Also, is there a way to minimize the browser without using the windows pop-up keyboard? Opening up the windows keyboard on the left and ctrl-esc'ing is the only way I can get out of the browser without closing the program.

I really, really like how well customized the browser is for tablets, and the only thing stopping me from using it exclusively is those two things.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
If you ctrl-click on an image link, Opera now opens the link in a background tab instead of saving the image :(

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Wheany posted:

If you ctrl-click on an image link, Opera now opens the link in a background tab instead of saving the image :(

This disrupted my browser flow like you can't possibly imagine. It seems the vast majority of image sites use a link approach to expand an image so it isn't possible to save an image without right clicking.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Okay, so ctrl-alt-click is the old ctrl-click.

Ctrl-click is like an exiting adventure! You might get the save-as dialog or it might just open a tab on the background if the image is surreounded with an a tag :D

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Do links from external applications open tabs in the background now or is there some configuration I could change?

e: Currently, links from other programs open new background tabs in Opera. I don't want this.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Wheany posted:

Ctrl-click is like an exiting adventure! You might get the save-as dialog or it might just open a tab on the background if the image is surreounded with an a tag :D
Can't you just change the behavior back in bindings?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

gibbed posted:

Can't you just change the behavior back in bindings?

No.

Wheany posted:

Do links from external applications open tabs in the background now or is there some configuration I could change?

e: Currently, links from other programs open new background tabs in Opera. I don't want this.

Except I just opened some links: First bunch opened in background tabs, then one opened in a foreground tab, then the next few opened in a background tab. :confused:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Wheany posted:

Yeah, this was my exact problem. If they just made it open a link in a new tab it would be predictable and you could expect what was going to happen. But it was like a roll of the dice that you'd either have duped tabs or a save dialogue.

Thanks very much for the alternate keystroke! I'm using Autohotkey anyway so I just rebound it.

The Pink Ninja
Sep 19, 2006

Guess where this lollipop's going?
When downloading a torrent file there's a box that pops up asking whether you want to open it in opera or the system default program and there's a checkbox that says "remember my choice and don't show this dialog box again" but it won't let me check it. Is there a way to check this box or set something in settings so the box doesn't show up and it picks the default program? Anyone else notice this problem?

Edit: fixed it thanks

The Pink Ninja fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 30, 2011

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Have a look in Settings>Preferences. See if you can set the program you want to open the files with here:

Just type "torrent" into quickfind if you're having trouble finding it.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Thanks for that, nice to remove that little annoyance.

Meroin
Apr 23, 2008
Why can't I rearrange tabs by dragging without putting them into a group with the adjacent tab? This has been a problem since my first 11.5 alphas. The rearranging ][ cursor that shows up between tabs has always been lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Wheany posted:

Except I just opened some links: First bunch opened in background tabs, then one opened in a foreground tab, then the next few opened in a background tab. :confused:
Yeah, I was going to say I had this (though only from my terminal program for some reason) for a while until I restarted everything and then it fixed itself, but actually it's gone back to opening background tabs again. It's weird.