Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

thebardyspoon posted:

That was a great episode, Fry's line "It sure was nice of the mayor's wife to have sex with me" made me crack up and then go "oh so I guess we're done with that then"? I liked Fry and Leela being together. I know the plot doesn't matter as long as the jokes are funny but I feel they haven't mined that plot for humor at all and The Late Philip J. Fry was my favourite episode of the last half season.

Primitive notions of modesty.

*disrobes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

She did have sex with Zapp since the relationship started.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Good news, everyone. Comedy Central has started airing Futurama episodes online. So far, it's just Groening's favorite episodes:
The Late Philip J. Fry
I Dated a Robot
Roswell that Ends Well
Godfellas
The Prisoner of Benda

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

That was a great episode, Fry's line "It sure was nice of the mayor's wife to have sex with me" made me crack up and then go "oh so I guess we're done with that then"? I liked Fry and Leela being together. I know the plot doesn't matter as long as the jokes are funny but I feel they haven't mined that plot for humor at all and The Late Philip J. Fry was my favourite episode of the last half season.

They're still together.

If you were to refuse the Mayor's Wife when she attempts to give you the traditional reward, it would surely be seen as a sign of disrespect.

And disrespecting the mayor and his wife? That dog won't hunt, monsignor.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
And you know whose wife he can't not have sex with? The Mayor.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
The armpit / "winter is coming" thing caught me off guard. Fun episode, much preferred it over the previous two. Lots of great quotes.

As has been said, anything with the Robot Devil is bound to be good.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

aquatic sideshow posted:

Holy crap the "Fryday" joke went completely over my head.

I think I have non-tribial brain dablage.

hey speaking of which can someone repost the .gif of Fry trying to eat a pineapple hanging from a string?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

anotherone posted:

hey speaking of which can someone repost the .gif of Fry trying to eat a pineapple hanging from a string?

On that note, the idea of a pineapple vending machine made me laugh like a little kid.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

LividLiquid posted:

Fry forgetting how to talk is my absolute favorite running gag.

The best of these gags is still from War is the H-word, where Fry forgets that he's not another guy. When he formulates the clever plan to take over the helicopter, watches disguised Leela do it and is thrilled for a moment that he pulled it off, before realizing that he's not that other guy.

Just thinking about it cracks me up!

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hey, look! It's that guy you are!

Fry really doesn't understand the concept of things being things.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Best in season, I think.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Leovinus posted:

The whole episode was great, like a balloon filling up with something and something good happens!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Physical posted:

The whole episode was great, like a balloon filling up with something and something good happens!

What?! I thought I just had laryngitis and antigravity!

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Leovinus posted:

Hi Animatronio!

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Bye Animtronio :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yet another witty crossover that probably like two people will get!

Suntory BOSS
Apr 17, 2006

That episode should have been titled 'Ghost in a Hell' :colbert:

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
This Thursday's episode has become one of my least favorite episodes in the entire series thus far (as in, out of any season). After watching it a second time, you realize the dialogue consisted entirely of one-liners or really contrived ways of advancing the plot. The story in general didn't have a great arc and felt very inconsistent. There was an attempt at adding some emotion to the episode but it just felt forced and impossible to connect to.

Also I really wasn't digging any of the gags with the robot devil.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Brett824 posted:

This Thursday's episode has become one of my least favorite episodes in the entire series thus far (as in, out of any season). After watching it a second time, you realize the dialogue consisted entirely of one-liners or really contrived ways of advancing the plot. The story in general didn't have a great arc and felt very inconsistent. There was an attempt at adding some emotion to the episode but it just felt forced and impossible to connect to.

You changed the outcome by measuring it! :argh:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Brett824 posted:

Thank you for articulating how I felt about this episode. Add this with my growing Bender fatigue and you have what I felt about it.

However, nothing is worse than the iPhone episode.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
My opinion first turned south when the robot devil started singing his original 'ironic punishment' song. What, they couldn't come up with a couple of bars of original music and half a verse to play before Bender cut him off?

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Hell is listening to the same crappy song over and over.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

However, nothing is worse than the iPhone episode.

I wonder if there's anyone who disagrees with this. I really hope not.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I do, it's far from the worst episode of last season. But you know, nerds and their opinions.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

What do we do when we run out of whale oil?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stephen Harper
Apr 13, 2011

Canada is a Northern European welfare state in the worst sense of the term, and very proud of it.

Martytoof posted:

Yet another witty crossover that probably like two people will get!

There are two Islanders fans? :confused:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I do, it's far from the worst episode of last season. But you know, nerds and their opinions.

I just felt like, even ignoring the whole boil debacle, the satire was terrible and lame and didn't bring anything new to the table like Futurama usually at least tries to do - it was just the typical "LOL ALL PEOPLE DO ON TWITTER IS SAY WHAT THEY HAD FOR BREAKFAST LOL" type poo poo. It's the only episode of the show I haven't liked at least a little.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I thought the recycling part was funny and clever.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Scruffy turned a mediocre episode into an alright episode.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man...people are still going on about how much they hate the EyePhone episode? That wasn't even my least favorite of last season, never mind the whole series.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Stephen Harper posted:

There are two Islanders fans? :confused:

It's amazing the way you NOTICE TWO FANS :3:

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Martytoof posted:

It's amazing the way you NOTICE TWO FANS :3:

You want me to boo TWO TEAMS?!

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

IUG posted:

Add this with my growing Bender fatigue and you have what I felt about it.

Growing Bender fatigue?

Bite my shiny metal rear end. :colbert:

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sieg posted:

Bite my shiny metal rear end. :colbert:

I demand a gif of the line graph increasing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bown posted:

I wonder if there's anyone who disagrees with this. I really hope not.

I think you're forgetting the Susan Boil episode.

I don't blame you. It was a really bad episode.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I think you're forgetting the Susan Boil episode.

I don't blame you. It was a really bad episode.

Wasn't it the same episode?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

smashpro1 posted:

Wasn't it the same episode?

I was trying to remember whether it was or not when I posted that. I guess it was, though.

Then yeah, that's probably the worst episode of all of them.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The worst episode of the first half of the season, and possibly the whole run, is Holiday Spectacular. There's no arguing that point.

Watch the eyePhone episode again, it's really not that bad.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

Watch the eyePhone episode again, it's really not that bad.

Correct!

no wait, the other thing --

Wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
The worst episode of the first half of the season, and possibly the whole run, is the eyePhone episode. There's no arguing that point.

Watch the Holiday Spectacular again, it's really not that bad.

• Locked thread