Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
^^

Couple of things about the Perforamnce MX:

-Battery: the included nimh is tiny, 800mah. grab a pack of 2500mah batteries for like 5 bucks and it will last a month.
-hyperscroll: I do wish it had *some* resistance to it, but for web browsing I just turned down the min scroll distance in opera and chrome, as well as setting it to "1 line" of scroll, and it works fine. for spreadsheets and coding its a godsend.

I have a hard time going back and forth to my anywhere mx that I use at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

thrawn86 posted:

^^

Couple of things about the Perforamnce MX:

-Battery: the included nimh is tiny, 800mah. grab a pack of 2500mah batteries for like 5 bucks and it will last a month.
-hyperscroll: I do wish it had *some* resistance to it, but for web browsing I just turned down the min scroll distance in opera and chrome, as well as setting it to "1 line" of scroll, and it works fine. for spreadsheets and coding its a godsend.

I have a hard time going back and forth to my anywhere mx that I use at work.

Mine came with a 2000mah Sanyo Eneloop. I think it lasts the longest out of my mx700 and mx1000, but I don't travel with it so a week or a month is no different.

Hyperscroll sucks with Setpoint 6.x, they took out ALL the wheel acceleration settings leaving is janky and weird. I wasn't happy till I rolled back to 4.80 and tweak the levels a bit.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

Jigoku San posted:

Mine came with a 2000mah Sanyo Eneloop. I think it lasts the longest out of my mx700 and mx1000, but I don't travel with it so a week or a month is no different.

Hyperscroll sucks with Setpoint 6.x, they took out ALL the wheel acceleration settings leaving is janky and weird. I wasn't happy till I rolled back to 4.80 and tweak the levels a bit.

somehow I got a runt then :smith:

I'm not sure I'd want any acceleration, its just too drat fast. definitely not really usable out of the box, buts its perfect now and I use the latest setpoint.

T-800
Jun 1, 2011
I picked up a Performance MX at a fairly decent price when my old mouse decided to die. The first one I got had a very noise left click, I spent an hour clicking it hoping it would just go away. I ended up RMAing it with Amazon and they had a new one to me within days.

The newest one worked perfect just out of the box. The batteries you get with it kind of suck, but even then they last me well over a week before I have to plug the mouse in to be recharged which doesn't take much time. The sort of gimmicky Dark Field tracking works as suggested, though it has let me develop the disgusting habit of using my thigh as a mousepad.

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

"¡No llores! Gracias por esas fotos."
\
:backtowork:
Since I've given up on finding a respectable left-handed 5-button mouse -- and since Logitech apparently only caters to righties! :argh: -- I'll probably settle for something "ambidextrous."

Does anyone have any experience with the Roccat Kova+? Thanks.

Edit: Also, are there any good mouse pads that are ~9" wide? I've been using this $10 POS from I don't even remember where. I'm interested in getting a better surface, but honestly I've never paid much attention to mouse pad size, and because of the way my keyboard tray is set up, I can't fit anything larger than 9" wide plus my keyboard on it :smith: Again, thanks.

A Child's Letter fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 5, 2011

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

A Child's Letter posted:

Since I've given up on finding a respectable left-handed 5-button mouse -- and since Logitech apparently only caters to righties! :argh: -- I'll probably settle for something "ambidextrous."

Edit: Also, are there any good mouse pads that are ~9" wide? I've been using this $10 POS from I don't even remember where. I'm interested in getting a better surface, but honestly I've never paid much attention to mouse pad size, and because of the way my keyboard tray is set up, I can't fit anything larger than 9" wide plus my keyboard on it :smith: Again, thanks.

The SteelSeries QcK Mini is about 10" by 8". I like it, but one thing to note is that it's super thin and floppy--it comes rolled up in a tube.

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.

A Child's Letter posted:

I've been using one of Xtrac's larger mouse pads for a year now and it's held up well: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=xtrac&x=0&y=0

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I was on the lookout for a new mouse when my MX518 died. I bought it in 2007 but I ended up giving them a call seeing if I can get a discount on other logitech products. They ended up sending me a G500 as a warranty replacement even though I was passed the warranty.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Rabid Snake posted:

I was on the lookout for a new mouse when my MX518 died. I bought it in 2007 but I ended up giving them a call seeing if I can get a discount on other logitech products. They ended up sending me a G500 as a warranty replacement even though I was passed the warranty.

That's just ridiculous. I'm almost hoping my 518 dies. Uhh.. the feet came off and the coating wore away a while ago.. How about it, Logitech? :D

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So I just picked up a Logitech G400 at Best Buy and I have to say, I've been using a Logitech G5 since they came out years ago and haven't felt that any mouse I've tried since then has been a suitable replacement, much less an upgrade.

The G400 might actually change that though. Here's what I think about it after using it for a few hours.

- The black matte finish looks and feels wonderful. It doesn't seem to get sticky or frictiony as your hand warms up, and it's not riced-out with wacky color patterns from the 80's so it can be used at work without that one hot coworker in the office seeing it and laughing in your face for being such a huge dork.
- Best shaped mouse in the industry. I've never used a mouse that fit my hand as well as ones with this body style.
- Mousewheel feels good, clicks easily without too much pressure needed.
- The mouse has one of the coolest and most useful features I've seen on a mouse in years (even cooler than the RAT's sniper button, which incidentally this mouse can be setup to have as well): The application button, well, any button if you want but the application button works best, can serve as a DPI Default button, which means that you can select one of your DPI settings in Setpoint as the DPI Default setting and at any time after that, you can press the DPI Default button and the mouse will always change back to the default DPI setting you assigned. Say you have 5 DPI settings and you select the DPI Default for setting number 3. Whether you set the DPI way down to snipe more accurately or way up high to compensate for slow tank cannon rotation or something, once you're done, you can just press the DPI Default button once and the mouse is back to the sensitivity setting you chose as default without having to remember what setting you were on or how far up or down you were from your preferred "standard" setting. It's something I can see myself using a lot.
- The pointer behaves like it should, no issues to speak of here. The first thing I did was turn off the acceleration in Setpoint though, not sure how the software acceleration behaves.
- All buttons are remappable and very customizable in Setpoint. The software seems to be quite fully featured actually, despite its reputation.

Dislikes
- There seems to be a very small amount of play in the left click button before it hits the actuator that clicks the mouse, which kind of makes the mouse feel a little bit cheap. I don't mean there's some play in the clicking mechanism itself; that seems to be fine. I'm saying that there feels like there's a very small amount of air between the actual plastic piece your finger touches and the internal mechanism that clicks when depressed. It's not a huge deal, but it's enough that you can hear a small "clunk" sound every time you put your finger against the left click button.

So in other words, with the Right Mouse Button, if you start with your finger in the air and you goal is to click the Right Mouse Button, you hear "click click" which is the sound of the actuator clicking and unclicking. If you want to click the Left Mouse Button and start with your finger in the air, you hear a kind of "clunk click click" which is the mouse button hitting the actuator, then the actuator clicking and unclicking, respectively. Again it's a small issue, but it's there. Maybe it's just a fluke with my particular mouse, though.

Overall, I think the G400 is pretty fantastic and I'll probably be retiring my old G5 pretty soon with this as its replacement. Goo, you are awesome and you did an awesome job with this thing. If you can nail down the loose button issue (which may or may not be an actual issue or just my crippling gadget OCD kicking in) this is going to be a mouse Logitech will be able to reliably sell for the next 10 years, easily.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 6, 2011

weapey
Jun 11, 2003

stomp stomp stomp

A Child's Letter posted:

I have one. It's alright. It's quite small in the hand and the shape can take some getting used to. Some people will not like the fact the sensor location is off-centre (it's not even in the middle of the mouse on the X-axis) but that's easily adaptable or you won't even notice it (probably the latter).

I don't like the side buttons on them as I find them hard to click, requiring a bit of pressure. This is the same for mouse 3. The mousewheel scroll feels great though, despite the wheel being all angle shaped. The shape of the mouse might take some getting used to and when I first started using it my hand cramped a bit while gaming, but I don't get that anymore (I have relatively large hands FWIW). Has all the usual crap that comes with gamer mice, like flashing lights and various macro options. You can turn off the lights or gently caress about with the colour rotation and all that superficial crap. Never really played much with what's possible there - just set it up as a normal mouse and left it as that.

I bought it and used it for a bit, but eventually resorted to my left-handed DeathAdder. It has better tracking then a SteelSeries Xai, but the shape isn't as good.

If the LH DeathAdder is out of the question for you (for build quality reasons), consider the Xai if you're not too fussy about SUPER-GAMER-PRECISION.

Also, never dismiss an old-school MS 1.1a! Can probably buy 4 off eBay for the same price as one of the mice mentioned above. Only reason I don't use that anymore is that there isn't a driver-level left-hand mode (switch the buttons around) and to get 500hz polling on Windows 7 is a massive hack (with a 'DEV' watermark on your desktop and probable security implications as well).

weapey fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 6, 2011

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

GreatGreen posted:

- All buttons are remappable and very customizable in Setpoint. The software seems to be quite fully featured actually, despite its reputation.

Dislikes
- There seems to be a very small amount of play in the left click button before it hits the actuator that clicks the mouse, which kind of makes the mouse feel a little bit cheap. ...
The G400 doesn't use SetPoint - it's been moved over to our gaming device configuration software (Logitech Gaming Software 8.0).

The sound you're describing is also present in the G400 I'm using as well as the MX518. I'm not sure what that's about, but I'll check. I can tell you that the buttons are rated to 10 million clicks, so what you're hearing won't be detrimental to its life span.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Goo posted:

The sound you're describing is also present in the G400 I'm using as well as the MX518. I'm not sure what that's about, but I'll check. I can tell you that the buttons are rated to 10 million clicks, so what you're hearing won't be detrimental to its life span.

My new Performance MX seems to have the same thing, also only on the left button. The button is ever so slightly loose, so you can gently tap it down, and then apply more pressure to begin the click. That said, it's an extremely minor issue that I didn't even notice until it was pointed out, and I don't think it should really give anybody the impression that the mouse is cheap hardware.

I downloaded the latest SetPoint from the Logitech website (6.22), but then downgraded to 4.80 for uberOptions compatibility. I have to say that I like the application switcher in 4.80 a lot better, mainly because it's faster. I guess the 6.22 version is slower because it's doing a lot more processing of window thumbnails--I did notice some outdated window thumbnails that would never update in 4.80--but speed is more the concern for me. Plus the 4.80 version shows only the relevant windows for each monitor, which I prefer.

Hardware-wise, my only complaint with the Performance MX is that I wish it had a chunk of plastic on the right side for some ring/pinky support, like my Razer Naga that I use at home. If I'm holding it the wrong way, those fingers can get a bit fatigued after a while.

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

"¡No llores! Gracias por esas fotos."
\
:backtowork:

weapey posted:

informative :words:

Thanks! I'll see if I can get work to spring for the Xai.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Goo posted:

The G400 doesn't use SetPoint - it's been moved over to our gaming device configuration software (Logitech Gaming Software 8.0).

Any word regarding a firmware fix for the G940 reversal bug (feature?) on the throttle, rudder and aux axes. They fixed it on the stick several months ago.

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy
I do not have an answer for the question you asked. I was told that the 1.42 firmware modified both stick and throttle/pedal behaviors, and that there are software tools to change the way the axes behave if they're not exactly the way the customer wants them to be. Other than that, I am not allowed to talk about things that have not had an official announcement (such as being posted on the download section of our web site).

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...
Ordered me up a G700 from Amazon since they did a big sale on another item I wanted that allowed me to get both with a gc I had. Should be here Monday.

Hopefully I like it as much as my mx1000 that I've had for over 5 years now.

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

Is there a good bluetooth mouse that is large, comfortable (not made for mobile use) and not the Razer Orochi?

Pertplus fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 8, 2011

Dinty Moore
Apr 26, 2007

Pertplus posted:

Is there a good bluetooth mouse that is large, comfortable (not made for mobile use) and not the Razer Orochi?

Same question. I'd like to replace my aged MX900, but Logitech has nothing standalone. They *do* have a Bluetooth version of the MX Revolution, but it's only available as part of a bundle, and I have a mechanical keyboard I like a lot on my desktop. I have the V470, which I use with my laptop, and like it just fine, but it's not a desktop mouse. And no, I don't want proprietary wireless - I have Bluetooth in every computer I own, and that's not a coincidence. I don't need another transceiver eating up USB ports. "Unifying" is not a substitute, particularly since pairing management can only be done in Windows and OS X. So, how about it?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I've been using a Logitech G7 for the better part of something like 5-7 years now (I think) and recently I've been getting the "double click" issue. I've looked online and it pretty says I'll have to take this sucker apart and do some things to it. So I am preparing for the very real possibility that I will ham-fist the poor sumbitch and send it to mouse heaven.

With that said, I've been looking at potential replacements since it's not easy finding a G7 anymore without resorting to picking one up from someone on Ebay or some such thing.

After browsing around, I saw the Logitech G400, and it looked like a pretty good match. The only thing I didn't like from what I saw and read was that it was wired. That said, my distaste for cords harken back to the days of using the lovely stock mouse on my family's computer and it getting stuck/hung up on any/everything. It probably is a non-issue but was something I did enjoy about my old G7.

So what do you think of the G400? I do a fair amount of gaming, but no FPS for the most part with the exception of maybe some borderlands. I do play MMOs and like hotkeys on my mouse, but the 400 looked like more than enough. I'm not sure I did 17 buttons on just one side of my mouse.

Is there a better mouse for what I'm looking for perhaps or does the G400 sound about right? Anyone have any experience with it, particularly someone who might have used a G7 and a G400 at some point?

Thanks for any input, goons.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I can't comment on the G400, but I went from a G5 to an MX518 to a G500 and like the G500 best.

The G400 is optical like the old MX518 which some gamers prefer, but I guess I just got used to the Laser in the G5.

Edit: my room mates computer is sitting next to mine and he has a G700. I don't like it as i think it has too many buttons but it is wireless.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
So I got my G700 mouse yesterday. It's nice, but I'm about to throw it through a motherfucking window.

I accidentally switched profiles or something with the middle button that doesn't swap scrolling/click scrolling. It would close tabs in my browser whenever I left/right clicked on them, and no clicks would work in windows (swapping to diff items on taskbar, clicking "OK", etc). I got it back to normal, installed setpoint, and disabled the profile switching bullshit, made sure my buttons were what I wanted, etc. Saved it and played fine.

Shoot to this morning, when I wake my computer up, it's back to doing the same bullshit. And nothing is fixing it. How the gently caress do I stop this? It's definitely annoying enough that I would send this mouse back and pray for something else good to come along.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Tedronai66 posted:

So I got my G700 mouse yesterday. It's nice, but I'm about to throw it through a motherfucking window.

I accidentally switched profiles or something with the middle button that doesn't swap scrolling/click scrolling. It would close tabs in my browser whenever I left/right clicked on them, and no clicks would work in windows (swapping to diff items on taskbar, clicking "OK", etc). I got it back to normal, installed setpoint, and disabled the profile switching bullshit, made sure my buttons were what I wanted, etc. Saved it and played fine.

Shoot to this morning, when I wake my computer up, it's back to doing the same bullshit. And nothing is fixing it. How the gently caress do I stop this? It's definitely annoying enough that I would send this mouse back and pray for something else good to come along.

I'm not quite sure what you've got going on, but perhaps you've accidentally stored the hosed-up profile in the mouse hardware? The higher G-series mice can do that so that the profile will work on other computers without drivers. If so, you should look for that option and put the default profile back on the mouse's onboard chip.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I'd just like to report back and say that the more I use my G400, the more I like it. After trying out tons of different mice from several different companies since the original Logitech G5, I've finally found its replacement. I'm pretty much totally happy with it.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

I'm not quite sure what you've got going on, but perhaps you've accidentally stored the hosed-up profile in the mouse hardware? The higher G-series mice can do that so that the profile will work on other computers without drivers. If so, you should look for that option and put the default profile back on the mouse's onboard chip.

It says it has the default profile on the mouse, and all the buttons mapped are what they should. I had it working last night without loving with any profile stuff after installing setpoint and disabling the profile swap button. Now both left/right clicks are hosed. All I did after I was done with my computer was turn the mouse off and let the computer go to sleep.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

dissss posted:

I can't comment on the G400, but I went from a G5 to an MX518 to a G500 and like the G500 best.

The G400 is optical like the old MX518 which some gamers prefer, but I guess I just got used to the Laser in the G5.

Edit: my room mates computer is sitting next to mine and he has a G700. I don't like it as i think it has too many buttons but it is wireless.

Yeah this is the boat I'm in. I have no problem with the weird middle thumb button people complain about on the 500, and I really like the "use it on any surface" ability of the laser, and I hated the lack of the forward thumb button on the G5, which actually caused me to use the 518 for some stuff.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Well, after perusing some mice and seeing what I liked and what felt right, I actually went with the Razer Imperator. It has two adjustable thumb buttons, two buttons on top under the scroll wheel, and feels really nice in my hand.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to unmap those top two buttons from increasing and decreasing the speed to just plain 'ol buttons. It doesn't seem to have come with an interface to do this in. Hrmm...

Otherwise though, I'd have to give this mouse a serious thumbs up.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

IdiotSavante posted:

Well, after perusing some mice and seeing what I liked and what felt right, I actually went with the Razer Imperator. It has two adjustable thumb buttons, two buttons on top under the scroll wheel, and feels really nice in my hand.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to unmap those top two buttons from increasing and decreasing the speed to just plain 'ol buttons. It doesn't seem to have come with an interface to do this in. Hrmm...

Otherwise though, I'd have to give this mouse a serious thumbs up.

Have you checked Razer's support section? That should have the latest versions of all their drivers and software: http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=176&pcid=76&nav=0,76

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

404notfound posted:

Have you checked Razer's support section? That should have the latest versions of all their drivers and software: http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=176&pcid=76&nav=0,76

Yeap, got it. Apparently I didn't see the manual that came with the mouse, just the product catalog and assumed that was it. :downs:

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
I've been using this HP mouse that came with my old computer since 2006 and I'm finally looking to upgrade now that ive gotten a gaming computer. I'm trying to decide between the Logitech G400 and the G500. Are there any other models that should be looking at? And are there any mousepads that you guys can recommend? I've been sans-mousepad since 2006 as well.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I really, really want to buy a $100 mouse, but I'm disappointed that some of the options I was serious about no longer seem like a good idea.

I'll preface the upcoming ramblings by explaining that a gaming mouse is a true specialty controller for me. It is not something that I use everyday for browsing forums. For me they have always been a more precise tool that gets pulled out to do what my trackball can't handle.

I wanted to go all out on a G700, since I have a odd setup and would benefit from the wireless. I also love the idea of the extra buttons being uniquely molded.

However I had assumed that the G700 used the Logitech Gaming Software like the G400 does. I use that software for my G13 and I'm very impressed by it. Instead, a quick browse of the official support forums reveals that not only does it use Setpoint, but every page has multiple threads bemoaning that Setpoint won't recognize their G700.

Now, I have no problem with the current Setpoint software. I use it for my M570 and K340. But the offical forums lead me to expect to have to run multiple instances of the software, manually, to get around issues with the G700 or even the G500. Any chance of a new gaming mouse interfering with the trackball and keyboard configs that I use everyday is just unacceptable.

Unreliable software is the chief reason I want to move on from my barely used Deathadder, so if the G700 or G500 might wreck my existing stable Logitech software then I just can't buy them, much as would like either of them.

Instead I might try the G400, even though it isn't wireless, even though it lacks the extra buttons that I wanted, and even though the extra buttons it does have look smaller than the Razer buttons that I sometimes miss.

Goo:
I know you've mentioned that there are things you can't talk about, but maybe pass on to your staff that if I buy a G400 it will be solely because it is the only Logitech mouse that supports LGS, and that I would spend double that amount, today, if the G700 also did.

Also pass on that I think the G13 is gently caress-awesome and it has replaced the three iterations of Belkin Nostromo that I'd been using for almost a decade. I've got suggestions to improve the G13 too, if it's appropriate.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I have a G500 + G15 and have not run into any software issues. My room mate has a G700 and hasn't run into any either.

We're both on Windows 7 x64

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

YAY g400 is up on Amazon, ordered with the quickness.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
My fear was that since I have existing devices using Setpoint, that the G700 would cause problems with my usage of them. The standard advice seemed to be to prevent Setpoint from booting with Windows and open it manually. I don't want to risk having to do that every time I boot, whether I'm using the G700 or not.

And it doesn't even matter, since I just got back with a G400 and the synergy between it and my G13 in LGS is loving fantastic.

One profile per game controls both devices. Both devices draw from the same command list. I can set any of the DPI buttons to the G13, so I have a key to shift to a lower DPI while I hold it. I can even switch states on the G13 with buttons on the G400 if I wanted to. Best of all, if I use the G13 LCD display to switch profiles, the G400 is handled too.

Goddamn. That is unprecedented as far as I know.
Handle the G700 in LGS and I will buy that fucker so fast...

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy
Glad you like the implementation. The software team and I worked like crazy to make sure the two products (and all the G-Series keyboards) worked together well - and it makes me very happy to see that people are pleased with how they are integrated.

Goo fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 14, 2011

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Are there plans to add the G700 to LGS?

Found out my issue: the scroll right/left button was stuck, loving everything up.

Compared to my MX1000, the g700 eats batteries like a fat kid eats cake (from full to 1/3 if left on in ~1 day). Glad there's an eneloop in there and I can always plug in usb, but goddamn.

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy
I cannot comment on things like that unless we have officially announced them.

The sensor in the G700 is significantly more powerful, and power-hungry, than the MX1000's. The high DPI capability, less-aggressive sleep timings, fast report rate, and ability to track fast movements are all factors that contribute to battery consumption. There's really not much more that can be done about it, since we are very physics-limited in that regard.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006

Goo posted:

I cannot comment on things like that unless we have officially announced them.

The sensor in the G700 is significantly more powerful, and power-hungry, than the MX1000's. The high DPI capability, less-aggressive sleep timings, fast report rate, and ability to track fast movements are all factors that contribute to battery consumption. There's really not much more that can be done about it, since we are very physics-limited in that regard.

Yeah, it's understandable. I'll probably leave the USB connected a lot more (I couldn't get hard-wired because of how my desk is/play preference vs. work preference).

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Copper Vein posted:

Wow, never saw that gaming software before, I'm still using setpoint and the g-series profiler.

Also goddamn I love the G13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Goo, is there any chance of a Logitech mechanically-actuated keyboard in the future?