Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Just realized today that annoying girl from e-surance ad is now in an ad for dog treats. I must learn her name so I can destroy her career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Moose Bigelow posted:

Just realized today that annoying girl from e-surance ad is now in an ad for dog treats. I must learn her name so I can destroy her career.

I think she's adorable. Please don't kill her.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
I've had quite enough of that insurance commercial with the web programmer who makes the stupidest facial expressions emailing Mr. Whitey McWhiteguy's "online dating profile" to everyone.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Mylife.com is the scummiest commercial I have seen in a long time.

Some poor old lady

6 people searched for me! :neckbeard:
Maybe it's the office and they want me back :ohdear:

-------

Bikini Zone is also driving me crazy since I wear headphones when I watch TV and the audio levels are all hosed up (the left channel becomes distorted and louder than the right channel)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 4, 2011

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

SpacePig posted:

If you can get me her name I will let you visit her in my rape dungeon shed.

WescottF1 posted:

I've had quite enough of that insurance commercial with the web programmer who makes the stupidest facial expressions emailing Mr. Whitey McWhiteguy's "online dating profile" to everyone.

That is who we are talking about. With her hair in pigtails she looks 12. In the dog snack commercial she looks 35.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

Sporadic posted:

Some poor old lady

I believe someone else said it previously in the thread, but every time I see that commercial I now think "Yes, six people are searching for you: four bill collectors and two creepy stalkers." :haw:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Moose Bigelow posted:

Here she is, apparently.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.
I stumbled onto a pretty amazing infomercial the other day when flipping channels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2FQPGkcDL8

I don't actually speak Spanish, but the gist of it seems to be that you rub this lovely goop all over yourself, then within the hour you transform into your skinnier twin sibling!

It's not in this video, but one of the people he brought on stage was a woman who just could not zip up her dress because she was just too fat. Except she wasn't, at all, and the dress had about a foot of room inside it. Made it a bit less amazing when she came out with the dress all zipped up.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Here she is, apparently.

Beep beep penis time. The hunt is on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Moose Bigelow posted:

You're very creepy.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

flamedrake posted:

I stumbled onto a pretty amazing infomercial the other day when flipping channels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2FQPGkcDL8

I don't actually speak Spanish, but the gist of it seems to be that you rub this lovely goop all over yourself, then within the hour you transform into your skinnier twin sibling!

This looks sleazy as all out. She's gotta be wearing some sort of fat cummerbund or something, because that fat bounce looked like rubber and didn't fall out of her shirt. Then she took it off for the "after" shots.

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Memphis-area stations used to (still?) run PSAs about the dangers of homemade bug killer. Constantly.

I never imagined that there was an epidemic of people making pesticides in their garages and poisoning people's grandchildren.

I was wrong.

I've looked for the ads on Youtube since I moved away, but no one has ever uploaded them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Crackpipe posted:

Memphis-area stations used to (still?) run PSAs about the dangers of homemade bug killer. Constantly.

I never imagined that there was an epidemic of people making pesticides in their garages and poisoning people's grandchildren.

I was wrong.

I've looked for the ads on Youtube since I moved away, but no one has ever uploaded them.

The rifftrax guys did a short telling people to stop washing their drat clothes with gasoline. So you can't really discount how stupid people are.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

You're very creepy.

Thank you?

BigGayLogan
Feb 19, 2011

Quit moeing around like that, uguu~?
There's this Brita water bottle commercial that's been airing frequently. I can't find a video for it but it has an eskimo and a shrill yuppie woman with the most smug and annoying tone of voice.

:byodame::"OH YOO HOO! BROWN PERSON! DRINK MY SUPERIOR TAP WATER FROM THE MALL INSTEAD!"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BigGayLogan posted:

There's this Brita water bottle commercial that's been airing frequently. I can't find a video for it but it has an eskimo and a shrill yuppie woman with the most smug and annoying tone of voice.

:byodame::"OH YOO HOO! BROWN PERSON! DRINK MY SUPERIOR TAP WATER FROM THE MALL INSTEAD!"

Yeah I can kind of see where they're going with this (as good as this crazy pure stream or whatever) but it really comes off as awful.

Moose Bigelow posted:

Yeah, totally not creepy or anything.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I am sorry. That was excessively creepy.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHvLP6xCiAA

I know the commercial is stupid but every time the pigeon says "PAYS THE DOCTORS BOYYYYY!" I can't help but at least smirk.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Tracula posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHvLP6xCiAA

I know the commercial is stupid but every time the pigeon says "PAYS THE DOCTORS BOYYYYY!" I can't help but at least smirk.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sudden Guts Pill posted:

This is a pretty stupid reason to hate a commercial, but the same drat commercial has been playing in front of every single blip video I've watched in the past week (and I watch a fair amount of blip videos). I forgot what it was even for, I think an HTC phone. But it begins with some piano notes and a guy saying "YOU are the next trending topic..." and ends with a little girl singing a song, of which only four words are audible until it's cut off for more narration.

I'm sure that girl is talented and that song is probably not terrible for how old she is. But goddamn, I wouldn't know, because I only know four words of it that run on a loop in my head throughout the day. I shouldn't be this annoyed about it, but it plays so often before blip videos and on TV that I have to dive for the mute button every time, and even then just knowing it's on puts that four-word song in my head over and over and over.

:byodame: WHEN I GET OLDER I WILL BE STRONGERRRR

John Stamos posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpX1rPCCUig

K'naan - Wavin' Flag

It was pretty much the theme song of last year's World Cup.

It's still a terrible song made even more terrible by some no-talent wannabe youtube sensation.

SpacePig posted:

She's also in a Metamucil commercial.
The shape of her head bothers me, it's like a giant fleshtoned pumpkin.

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 5, 2011

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Sporadic posted:

Some poor old lady

Did I just imagine that MyLife.com got sued for the numbers of people they tell you are looking for you before you pay being a complete scam?

edit: Two seconds Googling didn't net me a lawsuit but about a thousand pages saying it is indeed a scam.

ceiling(rand() * (arbitrary top end believable number)) people are looking for you right now!

Tunnelman
Feb 28, 2010

aaag air flow

anticake posted:

Did I just imagine that MyLife.com got sued for the numbers of people they tell you are looking for you before you pay being a complete scam?

edit: Two seconds Googling didn't net me a lawsuit but about a thousand pages saying it is indeed a scam.

ceiling(rand() * (arbitrary top end believable number)) people are looking for you right now!

You might be thinking of classmates.com, they definitely got sued for something like that.

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
Adult Swim is messing with my mind by playing this really soothing classical song while showing a film clip of some anime.

It's a girl on a motorcycle with what I can only assume are cat ear fittings on her helmet. Come on. Even if I was a cat ear anime girl I could wear a normal helmet like people with regular human ears!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

aquatic sideshow posted:

Adult Swim is messing with my mind by playing this really soothing classical song while showing a film clip of some anime.

It's a girl on a motorcycle with what I can only assume are cat ear fittings on her helmet. Come on. Even if I was a cat ear anime girl I could wear a normal helmet like people with regular human ears!

The cat ear thing is just an odd affectation as that character doesn't actually have a head under there.

Yeah, I don't know either.

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

muscles like this? posted:

The cat ear thing is just an odd affectation as that character doesn't actually have a head under there.

Yeah, I don't know either.

I was holding out hope that they were just oddly shaped air intakes, but.

Ugh.

Wait, what, there isn't even a loving head? GOD DAMMMIT

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its a modern day headless horseman kind of pastiche.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Durarara (the anime in question) owns.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

raditts posted:

She's also in a Metamucil commercial.
The shape of her head bothers me, it's like a giant fleshtoned pumpkin.

Something about the phrase "giant fleshtoned pumpkin" mas kept me laughing for the last few minutes.

I dunno, I just find her to be cute. She kinda bothered me at first, but then she grew on me, I guess. She's not overly quirky like most girls in commericals, so maybe that's why.

Back on topic, I forget what phone it's for, but whoever thought the commercial with the girl screaming at the top of her lungs at a picture of a spider was a good idea can gently caress right off. Commericals are loud enough in the first place, now this one just has screaming.

e: Oh, man, a Farmers insurance commerical just played on the radio with J.K. Simmonds, and it was kind of like listening to a Cave Johnson bit. I like that commercial.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 5, 2011

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Back on topic, I forget what phone it's for, but whoever thought the commercial with the girl screaming at the top of her lungs at a picture of a spider was a good idea can gently caress right off. Commericals are loud enough in the first place, now this one just has screaming.

What I don't get is it shows a guy beating the poo poo out of the very phone they're trying to advertise :psyduck:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't even get the point of that commercial. I guess they could be trying to say that their screens are really lifelike, but from what I remember they don't even say anything to that effect. And anyway you can actually see the phone's screen on TV and can tell it's a phone with a picture of a spider on it.

It'd be a pretty decent commercial for LSD though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I don't even get the point of that commercial. I guess they could be trying to say that their screens are really lifelike, but from what I remember they don't even say anything to that effect. And anyway you can actually see the phone's screen on TV and can tell it's a phone with a picture of a spider on it.

Smashing your phone because there's a picture of a spider on it isn't normal.

But on meth it is

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

I hate the audible.com commercials that make it sound like reading is some crazy tedious chore that no real person has time for. The current one has a woman talking about how her grandmother listens to audiobooks, and her tone of voice is full of smug disdain at the concept of ever having an interest in something her grandmother would do. Then we learn that audible.com is different than her grandmother's books on tape, because these days you can listen to them on your ipod at the gym. Rather than, you know, sitting alone at the home hoping that your shithead grandchild will cut into her busy audiobook-fueled workout schedule and call you.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

They do mention the colors and screen resolution as I recall so that's something, and if you're going to sell it on that point, I'll even buy the girl's freakout (loud and annoying as it is), but when you're showing your phone getting smashed to poo poo, that's probably not how you want to show the thing off.

The new PhoneTec Alpha 4! Your friends will break it! :downs:

raditts posted:

Smashing your phone because there's a picture of a spider on it isn't normal.

But on meth it is

hahahahaha

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
It was a samsung infuse that was the spider phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcr2uWkJkzI

I remember it cause I read about this one and a 4.5" non-pentile amoled display sounded cool enough that I had to go into an ATT store to see one. It was awesome. The samsung touchwiz software and weird filesystem running underneath was not.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 5, 2011

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

deety posted:

I hate the audible.com commercials that make it sound like reading is some crazy tedious chore that no real person has time for. The current one has a woman talking about how her grandmother listens to audiobooks, and her tone of voice is full of smug disdain at the concept of ever having an interest in something her grandmother would do. Then we learn that audible.com is different than her grandmother's books on tape, because these days you can listen to them on your ipod at the gym. Rather than, you know, sitting alone at the home hoping that your shithead grandchild will cut into her busy audiobook-fueled workout schedule and call you.

Similarly stupid, there's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqeXaa1pw8

I'm fairly sure that commercial wasn't made to encourage people to buy a Kindle, but actually to encourage Kindle owners to be smug about owning a Kindle. I mean, if their demographic were people without Kindles, they wouldn't be trying to make people without Kindles look like giant morons, right?

Also if that woman in the commercial (the character) were a real person I'd be 100% positive she'd never read a book in her life. Which means she'd already be a Kindle owner. :smug:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Similarly stupid, there's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqeXaa1pw8

I'm fairly sure that commercial wasn't made to encourage people to buy a Kindle, but actually to encourage Kindle owners to be smug about owning a Kindle. I mean, if their demographic were people without Kindles, they wouldn't be trying to make people without Kindles look like giant morons, right?

Also if that woman in the commercial (the character) were a real person I'd be 100% positive she'd never read a book in her life. Which means she'd already be a Kindle owner. :smug:

I think the proper response is to take that kindle, throw it across the room so that it gets smashed to bits, and say "A book would still be useful after that."

I mean if she's folding down pages instead of using a bookmark, she clearly doesn't mind a little superficial damage.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SpacePig posted:

Oh, man, a Farmers insurance commerical just played on the radio with J.K. Simmonds, and it was kind of like listening to a Cave Johnson bit. I like that commercial.

Especially the one where he builds his own flamethrower. You cannot convince me that Cave Johnson does not have a personal flamethrower in his garage at home.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Not only are Wendy's commercials terrible, they also make no sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsBwtfLvLJ4

I've never met a single person who's ever eaten a frosty on a beach. Or anyone who's ever wanted to. However, I'd love to "Video Chat with Wendy".

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Thom and the Heads posted:

Not only are Wendy's commercials terrible, they also make no sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsBwtfLvLJ4

I've never met a single person who's ever eaten a frosty on a beach. Or anyone who's ever wanted to. However, I'd love to "Video Chat with Wendy".

These commercials are offensively stupid. Any time a massive advertising agency's board of directors meets up with a massive <whatever> company's board of directors, and they both try to think of something that will seem natural and appeal to real non-millionaires, they end up doing the exact opposite.

Come the gently caress on Wendy's, even McDonald's isn't retarded enough to have "video chats" with Ronald McDonald.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aquatic sideshow posted:

Come the gently caress on Wendy's, even McDonald's isn't retarded enough to have "video chats" with Ronald McDonald.

They can do worse if you like :stare: