Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I already did!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Tally me banana!

TheWinningLoser
Mar 22, 2007

Let's start at ridiculous and work our way backwards...

chachu posted:

And Fry, you've got that brain thing.

Like Fry! Like Fry!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, OY! Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, OY!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

TheWinningLoser posted:

I didn't really like any of the new episodes. They all felt pretty weak for Futurama.

Maybe I'm just disenfranchised, but the plots in these episodes have been grossly one dimensional. I could feel the brainstorming session in action, and it sounds like a college dorm room roundtable.

"Hey guys, lets do an episode where they all switch genders! We could totally put em all in bikini's n' stuff!"
"Yeah, that'd be awesome! But I like bender, so lets do one where there's lots of benders!"
"Hey yeah, and you know what else, how about, if bender...now follow me on this one...was a GHOST! Aww man that'd be hilarious, cause, y'know, robots can't be ghosts!"
"Aww yeah lets do that! You guys are freakin' hilarious, keep it coming!"

But then again, who am I to complain about something strange in my cartoon show about space clowns and atomic monsters.

Actually the robot ghost thing is playing on sci-fi where minds are preserved as data that can be moved between units, effectively creating "ghosts". They play around with that by making Bender a digital ghost who is also pretty much an actual ghost.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Android Blues posted:

Actually the robot ghost thing is playing on sci-fi where minds are preserved as data that can be moved between units, effectively creating "ghosts". They play around with that by making Bender a digital ghost who is also pretty much an actual ghost.

Nope, for all intents and purposes he's a ghost. They even gave him the tail.

Now the multi-Bender episode started swinging around when the mini Benders stopped being extra character and became plot devices.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

IUG posted:

Now the multi-Bender episode started swinging around when the mini Benders stopped being extra character and became plot devices.

But the last ghost died over two hundred years ago....the last HUMAN ghost. It's been established as canon that robot ghosts do in fact exist. Even though the ones in that werecar episode were just somethings of a something something....

OF COURSE. IT WAS SO OBVIOUS!

Now y'all quit yer bitchin and enjoy the new Futuramas

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
"The drat you're cute" cut to dance scene was the funniest thing since cancellation for me.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

LividLiquid posted:

Tally me banana!

Jamaican?
I thought he was some kind of outer space potato man.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Classtoise posted:

Jamaican?
I thought he was some kind of outer space potato man.
I'm going to go home and relax the traditional Jamaican way! A warm glass of milk, and a good nights sleep!

WeWereSchizo
Mar 9, 2005

Bite my shiny metal ass!

Coleman posted:

I'm going to go home and relax the traditional Jamaican way! A warm glass of milk, and a good nights sleep!

That's not a cigar! ...and it isn't mine!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Dheni Walsh posted:

But the last ghost died over two hundred years ago....the last HUMAN ghost. It's been established as canon that robot ghosts do in fact exist. Even though the ones in that werecar episode were just somethings of a something something....

OF COURSE. IT WAS SO OBVIOUS!

Now y'all quit yer bitchin and enjoy the new Futuramas

But can robot ghosts marry horses? :ohdear:

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

sebzilla posted:

But can robot ghosts marry horses? :ohdear:

The horse says: DOCTORATE DENIED!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

IUG posted:

Yes, that's the joke. He's a play on a sci-fi theory taken literally. It's not hugely funny but it's far from "lol, wouldn't it be random if Bender was a ghost?"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's my point though. It's an episode where "what if a character were a ghost". I don't care if he's technically not, it's still not a creative episode.

vv Those episodes are bad and you should feel bad (though not the one where they go through alternate universes).

IUG fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 5, 2011

Steve Higginson
Oct 21, 2005
NO NO NO we do not have images of fat guys sucking each others dicks in our custom titles!

IUG posted:

That's my point though. It's an episode where "what if a character were a ghost". I don't care if he's technically not, it's still not a creative episode.

"What if the crew become superheroes!"
"What if the crew become really young!"
"What if the crew meet their alternative selves!"

Your point's bad and you should feel bad.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Did anyone notice that the robo-preacher seemed really off-model this episode? I can't explain it, he just seemed weirdly rounded, almost bulgy.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Did anyone notice that the robo-preacher seemed really off-model this episode? I can't explain it, he just seemed weirdly rounded, almost bulgy.

The too much macaroni sweats will do that to a robot.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

IUG posted:

vv Those episodes are bad and you should feel bad (though not the one where they go through alternate universes).
As a robot living among humans, I've never felt accepted at parties or nude beaches. So I've always wondered...

What if I were 500 feet tall?!

(Also this line of discussion makes me want Anthology of Interest III. DO IT COHEN!)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Coleman posted:

As a robot living among humans, I've never felt accepted at parties or nude beaches. So I've always wondered...

What if I were 500 feet tall?!

(Also this line of discussion makes me want Anthology of Interest III. DO IT COHEN!)

Fascinating stuff.
I'd tune in for more

TALES

OF

INTEREST!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

Less than a Hero is in the top 5 all time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Less than a Hero is in the top 5 all time.

Is that the one with the new new new, New Justice Team? The team team team team, team team team? Who was that new, justice team? The New! Justice! Team!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

vv Those episodes are bad and you should feel bad.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.
\

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

IUG posted:

That post was so terrible, I think it gave me cancer!
\

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

IUG posted:

You don't like the New Justice Team?

That dog won't hunt, monsignor
\
:fry:

Seriously it's a classic, you're the first person I've ever heard that doesn't like it.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
Second.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
The New Justice Team episode is amazing. How could anyone hate the episode that gave us Citizen Snips?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Panic Restaurant posted:

The New Justice Team episode is amazing. How could anyone hate the episode that gave us Citizen Snips?

"A man boxing a kangaroo is a peculiar spectacle, but a kangaroo boxing a robot? I'm afraid you're completely lost me."

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't know why, but as someone who reads comic books still, you'd think I'd like it. But no. I really can't go into it because I don't know what it is about it that I don't like. Maybe because I couldn't care less about stuff like the old Batman show, or that annoying song.

The bit where Fry jumps out the window is pretty golden though.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

smashpro1 posted:

"A man boxing a kangaroo is a peculiar spectacle, but a kangaroo boxing a robot? I'm afraid you're completely lost me."

CITIZEN SNIIIIIIIIPS! :byodood:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Plus you've got golden lines like,"An elephant who never forgets..... TO KILL!" and Zoidberg's,"SCREW YOU!" - it's just a wonderful episode.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Jerusalem posted:

Plus you've got golden lines like,"An elephant who never forgets..... TO KILL!" and Zoidberg's,"SCREW YOU!" - it's just a wonderful episode.

Maybe we're wearing invisible magic rings, and also we can't feel the rings.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That episode is golden if only for the New Justice Team song.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Self-aware jokes like Fry's "Time to lower my guard even for a minute" annoy me way more than something like "Obamacare!! :shakefist:" I see the comedic value in the Obamacare line, although I think there are more clever ways to do it but what is supposed to be funny about Fry's line? That we know it is not safe to lower his guard even for a minute? WELL I WAS NOT LAUGHING :rant:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

KFCB posted:

Self-aware jokes like Fry's "Time to lower my guard even for a minute" annoy me way more than something like "Obamacare!! :shakefist:" I see the comedic value in the Obamacare line, although I think there are more clever ways to do it but what is supposed to be funny about Fry's line? That we know it is not safe to lower his guard even for a minute? WELL I WAS NOT LAUGHING :rant:

It's a parody of the comedic trope where a character does some mundane task unrelated to the general plot to provide the writer a chance for them to be distracted. But Matt thinks your better than that and deserve to know the truth.

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 6, 2011

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

haveblue posted:

That episode is golden if only for the New Justice Team song.

And Zoidberg's explanation of how he got the Miracle Cream.

Zoidberg posted:

I've got just the thing: Genuine miracle cream I bought from a travelling salesman. "Come one, come all," he said. "Step right up!" "This sounds too good to be true," I thought. He said I looked like a smart, young man. "So is it a deal?" I enquired. Two hours later he was gone, with 60 of my dollars. But I had the miracle cream.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

KFCB posted:

He still sounds sorta old. Sorta real old.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Bloodnose posted:

He still sounds sorta old. Sorta real old.

drat this predictable colon!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

There's a rub-on cream that gives you superpowers? I always figured it'd be something you have to freebase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'm Super King--the best one of the three!

• Locked thread