Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Unexpected Road posted:

I got a letter from lamb today! Thanks for the foam stickers and the, um, poo word search! :neckbeard:

I sent out a few letters on Friday. Hopefully everyone will be getting them soon! Oh, and I'm currently still trying to pen a forgive-me-for-suddenly-stopping-correspondence with my old penpal 13Pandora13. I don't know if you got my thank you card for the package you sent, but THANK YOU. It totally made my day/week/year :3:

YAY! :neckbeard: I will be on the lookout for it.

I also got awesome robot mail from Team Lunch! Replymail (as well as replies from the old thread to Hopefully Wild, Leopold N. Loeb, and Hemlock are going in the mail today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
I'll play!
E Flynn
8 East Oxford Road
Minot,Me 04258

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Slime Sanction. You are on notice.

for AWESOMENESS!

What's that? Spiderman spanking it in a tree and Christian propoganda? No way. It can't be..

Oh poo poo!:supaburn:

SlimeSanction
Oct 21, 2008

Reset_Smith posted:

Slime Sanction. You are on notice.

for AWESOMENESS!

What's that? Spiderman spanking it in a tree and Christian propoganda? No way. It can't be..

Oh poo poo!:supaburn:

I'm glad you liked my Spidey picture! When I got the chick tract, I was just going to throw it out but decided I might need it for something! And I know how much Goons like Jack Chick! :allears:

I just received some awesome mail from Lamb! I will be returning the favor!
I've finished a picture for Palette Swapped, does anyone happen to know if 1 forever stamp will be enough for a letter to Chile?

Apkallu
May 8, 2007

SlimeSanction posted:

does anyone happen to know if 1 forever stamp will be enough for a letter to Chile?

It's not. Most international from US -> anywhere but Mexico and Canada, IIRC is a higher rate. Forever stamps work as standard rate US First Class. So you can supplement it to the current 98 cent rate or buy international postage, which is preferred.

http://www.usps.com/prices/first-class-mail-international-prices.htm

MerchantOfChaos
Jun 6, 2010

by Smythe
Count me in!

Merchant Of Chaos
44 Randolph ave
Old Bridge, New Jersey

22 year old Goonette, favorite things include fantasy/medieval stuff (dragons, unicorns, knights, amulets etc.) Any and all things to do with Song of Ice and Fire. Antiques, video games, artsy stuff, weird stuff, gothic stuff, and rodents. No qualms about being sent NWS stuff. Will return the favor!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
^ ooh. That's a long probation.

I had a visitor from out of town for the past week or so, but today I went and spent fifty bucks on stamps, so I should be starting up shortly. Finally.

Last week I got a letter from lamb, this is my third and I was chuffed to be Biebered. Loved it lamb, thank you again, you snail mail viking. :3: I should get some photos or scans soon of the last few mails I've received, I'm behind as usual, real life busy etc.

I also got a couple of things from the dolla store today on my way home, can't wait to start sticking stickers on things. I miss sending mail! I gotta page a few people to see if their addresses are still current, I want to send something to Raaaaaaaachel and a few others still.

Thanks again lamb, it's going to be difficult to top the Bieberbomb, but I'm up for the challenge :clint:

thatswhatyouget
Jan 19, 2011
I arrived home from taking my housemate to the hospital today to find that I had received a number of items of post while we had been out. The first two were boring bank stuff but the final item I had received was some what different. I instantly recognised it as goonmail given the large number of USA flag stickers covering it and it being addressed to thatswhatyouget.

After I had finished bouncing around the house in excitment I manage to open the goonmail without destorying any of the stickers and found a wonderful 'April fools' card and goodies from the wonderful <b> Team Lunch! <b/> Thank you so much it really perked up my day and made me wonder what the postal system were doing with the letter all this time (personally I think the post office were jelous that I was getting awesome goonmail from the States and they werent :))

So a super big thank you to <b> Team Lunch <b/> I will try and send something off to you asap although by the looks of it it may not arrive for a few months :P

Leopold N. Loeb
Apr 26, 2010

by XyloJW
e:nm

Leopold N. Loeb fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 27, 2013

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Check out that official looking sticker. I wonder where this letter is from?

It is an envelope full of goodies from Palette swap! :D

Your kitties are so cute :3:

I wish I could understand this comic, as well as the one on the back. Sadly my camera battery died right after this photo, so no translations for me.

Thanks so very very much Palette swap! Both me and my boyfriend are sick, but this made us happy. We just watched the movie, and it was awesome. The magical power of bellas hombres destroyed the fembots :D

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I've gotten a few pieces of goon mail- sorry I have been so slow to report in, very busy at the end of the semester!

I got three lovely cards for my birthday:

From Unexpected Road, B.Lo, and Schmetterling!

And a envelope full of awesome from Lamb!

Included were the ingredients to make a BIEBERTINI (why didn't I get that as my user name?)

I also got half an envelope from an unknown goon . . . possibly Palette swap?

I think something bad may have happened here. :ohdear:

13Pandora13 sent me nice little gift which I will post about in the Goon Gift-or-Take thread. :) I'll be sending out more cards later in May for an upcoming June holiday which I haven't decided on yet. Thanks again, everyone!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I've got a few envelopes I'm finishing up today or tomorrow. I have a question for lamb though, I want to print out the address list but I have to do it through Staples because I don't have a printer. I tried saving the document as a text file and it killed all the formatting, and I don't think Staples will let me queue an html file for printing. Is there another format that you have on hand (spreadsheet maybe) that you can give me?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

when worlds collide posted:

I've got a few envelopes I'm finishing up today or tomorrow. I have a question for lamb though, I want to print out the address list but I have to do it through Staples because I don't have a printer. I tried saving the document as a text file and it killed all the formatting, and I don't think Staples will let me queue an html file for printing. Is there another format that you have on hand (spreadsheet maybe) that you can give me?

I put a spreadsheet version here:

side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

The html version is also up to date: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

lamb posted:

I put a spreadsheet version here:

side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

The html version is also up to date: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html

Bless. I hope you're prepared for a tackybomb in a couple of weeks. ;)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

This weekend I rediscovered drawing and I got a few postcards in the making or made already. Included is my address as there will be no room on the card. Also will I ignore all holidays, sorry about that.

By the way, I am going down the address list top to bottom but if you are impatient you can suggest something you would like to see on your postcard and you might just be first in line all of a sudden...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Keetron fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 17, 2011

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I just picked up the last of my supplies yesterday. I'll be starting on them today and should have mine out by the end of the week provided it doesn't take me too long to put together 20.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

No requests? Or is this thread dead at the time I arrived?

Apkallu
May 8, 2007
I think some of us are just procrastinating. My schedule finally freed up, so I have a table covered in paper scraps and glue at last. I also want to post a picture of the awesome Octopus Team Lunch sent me, but I'm having camera problems.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I got a whole envelope of goodies from Palette swap! a week or so ago. Sorry I am just now thanking you for it. My kitties and I enjoyed all the lovelies and poems and trinkets all the way from Chile!!

fake edit: I updated my original post. I just don't think I can participate so I don't want people wasting postage on me.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Keetron posted:

No requests? Or is this thread dead at the time I arrived?

The thread isn't dead, this is just a slow time of year I think. I'd be happy to get anything on a postcard. I have some summer/Fourth of July stuff getting ready to go, I'm just getting back from vacation so it's taking me a little time to get into the groove.

Geolicious, if your address is the same I will still send to you. The point of the thread is just to spread goon love. I really don't expect to get anything, what I do receive is icing on the cake.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Yesterday I received a postcard from Schmetterling

Thanks!

Team Lunch posted:

I also got half an envelope from an unknown goon . . . possibly Palette swap?

I think something bad may have happened here. :ohdear:

Yes that's (was) mine. Donīt worry I'm mostly OK and will send something else.
And Keetron, If you are still taking requests, can you draw me some cats with funny hats please ?

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I received a handmade postcard today from a goon whose name I can't make out. I'll post a picture as soon as I'm able.

E: Just looked up a couple of posts. Thanks Keetron!

OhJeezAllSleeves fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 30, 2011

Hypothetical Mcgee
Apr 22, 2010

I got one from Keetron too. It has a dragon on it! I will post a pic when I find my scanner.

(Yes, I lost an entire scanner. Shut up.)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Sending out some more today, some will be with watercolor as I splurged again in the art supplies store and I got me a nice set of watercolors and postcards are the perfect size to go have fun with.
Ow, I am not keeping with the holidays but printed out the list made by Lamb and working my way down that now. So unless you post a request, it might take some time ;)

Keetron fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 29, 2011

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you Team Lunch for the envelope of awesome that somehow ninjaed it's way through the postal strike. It's a revolving strike so I guess Canadian mail is merely slowed down, not stopped altogether. You really really made my day and I love the word search, and was happily surprised to see my username in there. :3:

Rest of thread- I am extremely sorry, I have some envelopes that are partially done but I haven't sent a thing yet as they aren't finished. I've been going through some personal issues that have me a bit on the depressed side and I'm finding it really difficult to motivate myself about anything.

Is HopefullyWild still around, and is the last known address still current? Also hoping that Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachel hasn't moved because these are going to be finished and SENT before the end of the month. Pretty sure if lamb moved, there'd be notice so I'm not worried about you, lamb. There's a couple of others, too.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I am the worst person ever. I have received several very nice letters from several people (Some people twice) and I have not replied at all.

Chalk this up to a couple of things.

#1. I have been busy. The school year is coming to a close, and this is crunch time. (That, however, doesn't excuse the fact that some of these letters came in a month ago.)
#2. I like to take pictures of my goodies and I have not had the camera, as it is at my wife's classroom. (but I still have another camera, if I'd get off my rear end and charge it.)
#3. I have been busy making some really nice replies. (which still doesn't excuse me.)
#4. I'm a lazy sack and just couldn't motivate myself to take pictures and write a thank you in this thread.
#5. I'm a reprehensible person and I'm worse than Hilter.

So, thanks all who sent me stuff, particularly those who sent me more than one thing, despite the fact that I didn't reply the first time.

So thanks for your patience, and I will strive to be a better human in the future.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

genesplicer posted:

I am the worst person ever.

Relax! I am worse. Far worse. Today I was rummaging in the loft and found a box with a bumblebee on the front.

My heart sank.

Inside the box were the goodies which goons had sent me in a gift exchange (I do not know which one). There were also two envelopes full of things which I recognised all too well: I had bought them. It all came flooding back - I had bought and stuffed these envelopes three loving years ago but only managed to send one out before we moved house.

Overemotional Robot, Mosleygrrrl and/or a yet unidentified goon (I remember it being something like 'Popodopulous'). I am a terrible human being. Worse than Genesplicer (sorry dude). Will you ever forgive me? I know I do not deserve your forgiveness, but I will try and make amends. Have you changed addresses in the last three years? If you have, or haven't, please let me know and I will make sure I get something sent out to you pronto!

I am a horrible person, and for that I am sorry :smith:

Zwick
Sep 30, 2004
Think.
This is awesome! My girlfriend and I live in a small studio in New Jersey, please remind us that the world is not as drab as jersey is :(

Zwick/Angrycervix <<<(shes not a goon, but this will be her name if she were!)
590 Lower Landing Rd
APT 80A
Blackwood, NJ 08012
U.S.A.

e:sept 17, feb 18th are our birthdays

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I am just getting over a norovirus (if you've never had one, boy howdy is it terrible), and while I was sick I received the following pieces of mail that really made my day:

A handmade postcard from Keetron and a DinoWorld card from Nothing_specific & Mr. Manstration. My son loves dinosaurs, and has claimed the postcard for himself.

An envelope containing a bunch of awesome from Team Lunch

The word search is made up of names of the goons in this thread! I am wearing the "I <3 Justin" bracelet without irony.

I've updated the address list, and have a bunch of envelopes getting ready to go out soon.

SlimeSanction
Oct 21, 2008
Okay, I have 3 letters going out tomorrow for Lamb, Team Lunch and Abby. I recently purchased a My Little Pony coloring book and was wondering if any goons who liked the show wanted a poster. I have 2 different little posters.

I've been coloring in my Keroppi book awkward shenanigans, and leaving the other side blank so which ever goon gets the page can color the opposite side.

1337 haxxor pirate
Apr 25, 2011

when worlds collide posted:

Is HopefullyWild still around, and is the last known address still current? Also hoping that Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachel hasn't moved because these are going to be finished and SENT before the end of the month. Pretty sure if lamb moved, there'd be notice so I'm not worried about you, lamb. There's a couple of others, too.

I'm here, just under a new account. PO Box 961 Chino Valley, AZ 86323 is still good. :)

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
I don't live there anymore :-)

Slightly Used Cake fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 3, 2011

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Ok so I know I said I was going to send mine out awhile ago. I still have my list written down and all my supplies. I've been in quite the funk lately so all my drive to do much of anything has pretty much disappeared. And on top of that I think the postal strike is turning into something a bit more serious instead of the revolving one like they had before. Here's hoping I can break out of this depression just long enough to get working on some of your cards. As for when I send them, well that's up to the postal strike I guess.

So sorry again, but they will be coming.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Mailed out a couple of cards yesterday! :woop:

Unfortunately, I'm now out of stamps and kind of broke. Hope everyone enjoys Christmas cards in June!

Also, my goony boyfriend (Psykoguy) and I are moving in together in a couple weeks, so you can write to both of us at the same convenient goony address!

glitzkrieg
Nov 18, 2005
Leader of the Propaganda Girls
I want to play! I'm a 22-year old super!nerd, with a lust for history and Animal Crossing. Send me postal joy. <3

Kelly Glitzkrieg
507 Campus Side Circle
Slippery Rock, PA 16057

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I've gotten some great cards over the last few weeks (sorry I have been slow to post!)

Keetron's card depicts 'Romeo and Juliet, the rock opera, ironically in faux neo-classicistic Verona setting and sold as art' Glorious!

Nothing_Specific and Mr. Manstration said 'RAWR!!" and SlimeSanction sent me a shark-themed bookmark and a drawing! Thanks everyone!

I'll send out more in the future- maybe late-July? I will be going back to school full time soon, so I won't be able to send as many as before- but I'll still write to everyone who writes me, and of course, goons new to this thread :-)

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
oooo I wouldn't mind some goon mails.

BlueBlazer
2522 n Proctor
BOX 391
Tacoma, WA 98406

I know a way we can make this fun for anyone interested. I'm a pretty good oragami-ist(?) and will take any square piece of paper at least 2" by 2" and send it back folded as something of my choosing. This could be an awesome challenge or the most horrible mistake I've ever made.

I know your all horrible people so no used TP please.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I just sent out some seriously overdue reply mail to ThePitGoddess and UnexpectedRoad. Sorry for the delay mates!

GinKitty
Jul 15, 2006

Sexy Newbie
Looks like I'm a little late to the show. Anyway, here goes nothin':

GinKitty
9957 Meadow Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63125

I like my cars loud, my music old, my art random and my way of eating primal. And an occasional gin and tonic. I'll start rummaging around for fun things to piece together. It's my busy season around here, so it may take a bit. It will be worth it, promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Encephalopathy
Mar 14, 2003

braaaaaaaains
Unsolicited mail makes my heart grow big, just like the Grinch's!

Many many years ago some goon sent me pimped-out Canadian Tire money that I've still got somewhere (because it is awesome). That was such a happy day...

Encephalopathy
4/53 Powlett Street
East Melbourne, VIC, 3002
AUSTRALIA

PS: I'm Canadian. My boyfriend's Australian. This in no way needs to be a consideration (because anything or everything is exciting to get in the mail), but if you have something obscure and Canadian to send, we'll probably get the joke.

PPS: I can't post out koalas and possums. They usually die. And I think it's illegal. Sorry. :(

PPPS: I am a community radio nerd, though, maybe I can find something musical to send!