Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Priapist posted:

Artie's co-hosting Fox Sports Radio tonight with Nick Di Paolo. This would be his first media appearance since the suicide attempt, right?

Someone record this and up it please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Mike Tahoe posted:

Howard101 currently has two feeds playing simultaneously.

Gotta get those subscriber numbers up!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mike Tahoe posted:

That happened one Saturday when I was listening to replays of the week on 101. Basically, they started the show back up at the same time they ran the commercials, so they ran at the same time. This was during the wrap up show.

No one fixed the problem, the commercials ran until they ended, and then we were back to just the wrap up show. I'm guessing that no one was listening.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Mike Tahoe posted:

Listen, you just don't GET the show.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
This also covers Howard's rants for when ABC unveils "So You Want To Listen To Two Feeds At The Same Time" as a summer gameshow timeslot filler in 2025.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

-Atom- posted:

It would be an awesome early birthday present. I'm glad Artie's coming in slowly but surely.

He needs to come back.

_minty
Feb 22, 2007
~
You can set up a recording on Dar.fm, suckas. Works 95% of the time, should be good to hear Artie again. Especially if he is talking sports.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Seconding.

Since it's free to stream it wouldn't be :filez: right? It comes on long after I'm going to bed and I'd love to listen to it at work tomorrow if it's allowed :shobon:

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I'll try capping it. I can't wait to hear him on the radio again. If all goes well I'll edit it and throw it up as quickly as possible

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Just came home totally bummed out from losing the championship game in my softball league....saw this and smiled from ear to ear.
I dont care if all he talks about is the 86 Giants...just hearing the big guys voice on the radio again is going to be great.
I hope this kick starts his career, as long as he is ready. I can see him doing some podcasts to start off. Carolla, Fitz, Rogan etc..
Personally, I would love to see him freeze out Howard, but Artie may still be too loyal to him.

All that could make this better is if ETM calls in.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He'd be loving spectacular on Rogan. Rogan has totally filled my Howard Stern void (along with this thread that I ready every loving day) since I unsubscribed a month after Artie left.

Artie's been gone a year and a half :x

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Nick DiPaolo's site is getting crushed. Does anyone have the link to the stream he linked on his site? I didn't save it

edit: http://mfile.akamai.com/5833/live/reflector:49495.asx?bkup=36869

sedative fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 7, 2011

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
"You may know our guest from Intervention."

Nick you rear end!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

sedative posted:

Nick DiPaolo's site is getting crushed. Does anyone have the link to the stream he linked on his site? I didn't save it

edit: http://mfile.akamai.com/5833/live/reflector:49495.asx?bkup=36869

This one is working great

http://msn.foxsports.com/radio/radioShow?showId=7

Artie - "I feel healthier then I ever have"

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
SFN is down too. I guess the fans are kind of excited

I missed his wheezy laugh

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I have never been more fixated on something in my life

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Artie hasn't skipped a beat.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Mind blown.

Hopefully some caller will stir some poo poo up.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Well now there's no excuse not to have him on the show. He sounds great.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

sedative posted:

Well now there's no excuse not to have him on the show. He sounds great.

Howard is a neurotic mess, that is a reason in itself.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

quote:

Database error
The SternFanNetwork database has encountered a problem.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Their phones must be completely packed...

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
These ads are horrible.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Good to hear Artie again. Missed him. Easily one of the best parts of the Stern Show in the last 15 years.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

I'm kind of enjoying this despite not giving a drat about sportstalk radio.

Hopefully we get the opportunity for a small Stern-centric Q&A, but I doubt it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
And now Artie Lange is trending on Twitter.

Wow.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

-Atom- posted:

And now Artie Lange is trending on Twitter.

Wow.

This kind of format is the type that Artie admits he always wished he could do on Stern. He said the one thing that annoyed him about Howard is his complete lack of knowledge of sports.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
UGH so many commercials!! Second segment was only like 11 minutes...

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted
ok, Artie sounds great.

get him back on stern immediately. :smith:

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Any sports guy using Hootie in the Blowfish needs to be shot in the face and pushed off a bridge.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

I forgot how schizophrenic the breaks are on normal radio. It's like a 10 minute barrage of 2 second bits, songs, preview cuts, slices etc etc.

People in the future are going to look back and wonder what the hell that audio garbage was about.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Is this still on?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Millstone posted:

Is this still on?

It's actually picked up, they're talking about Casey Anthony. Pretty amusing.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

I hope Sour Shoes calls

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

sedative posted:

I hope Sour Shoes calls

Hell I hope Howard calls in and crashes the whole internet

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Wow this is pretty amazing, it's so great to hear from Artie :unsmith:

Master Kush
Aug 8, 2007

Holy crap how long is this commercial? Seriously its been like 15-20 minutes.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I just turned it on.

What did he say about Casey Anthony? Did he call her a broad?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Please PLEASE say someone recorded this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Kush
Aug 8, 2007

I'm on the knbr 1050 stream, going on 30 minutes of commercials. Are they just planning to play commercials for the next hour and 15 minutes?