Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

Now there's something you don't see every day!

Chicken McNobody posted:

(it is apparently really hard to find I-cup maternity bras, god drat my huge knockers to hell).

Please post if you find any that you really like (or absolutely loathe!). I'm normally a 30H and am only 11 weeks pregnant but am already really worried about bras! I'm hoping I can keep wearing my pre-pregnancy bras for as long as possible with some hook extenders. Bra shopping - ugh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Ben Davis posted:

Just got back from the hospital with heavy bleeding--the baby is still fine and at the right age and its heart is beating, but part of the placenta detached. I guess all I can do is lie flat and wait to find out which way it's going to go. The bleeding seems to have at least slowed greatly now, but we're still so scared.

So sorry to hear this. May I ask how far along you are?

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009

Incongruous posted:

Please post if you find any that you really like (or absolutely loathe!). I'm normally a 30H and am only 11 weeks pregnant but am already really worried about bras! I'm hoping I can keep wearing my pre-pregnancy bras for as long as possible with some hook extenders. Bra shopping - ugh!

Will do! Big-titty bra shopping is some bullshit. :smith: I'm already spilling out of the monster bras I own. I hope to give birth to this kid and maybe one more and then get a massive reduction.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

Brennanite posted:

So sorry to hear this. May I ask how far along you are?

9 weeks tomorrow :( We were so lucky in that the first month after being diagnosed with PCOS and the 9th month of trying, we conceived right away on the lowest dose of clomid.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
I bought 6 nursing bras. It seemed like overkill when I first bought them, but once I started using them I was grateful to have extras and not have to do laundry every day. I highly recommend getting a few more than you expect to need, especially if you leak like I did.

RedRockLobster
Apr 6, 2009
I wish you had private messages Chicken McNobody. I moved to Columbus, MS recently and would love a preggo-buddy that is interested in subjects other than deer hunting and the bible.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
I'm not pregnant, but I'm debating trying to become so in the next few months, so I have some questions for ladies that have already gone through it.

If you had a choice on when you got pregnant, what made you aware that it was the right time? My partner is eager to have kids and so am I, but he's also at a different stage in life that I'm at. He's 25 and has a stable career, I'm 22 and can't seem to find something I want to pursue and so far have no degree. Sometimes I feel that I should just pick up school after I start family, but that sounds a lot easier than it is.

He really wants me to get a least a general degree and worry about a job later, but he also wants to start a family soon, so I'm trying to semi-timeline things in my head and see where everything falls into. I just don't want to be in a situation where our lives become unnecessarily hectic because of an untimely decision (totally aware that a baby will make thing necessarily hectic, though).

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009

RedRockLobster posted:

I wish you had private messages Chicken McNobody. I moved to Columbus, MS recently and would love a preggo-buddy that is interested in subjects other than deer hunting and the bible.

I dislike both of those things! I'm in the SA Moms Facebook group though, you can look me up there and be facebook fwiends :3:

Tulip Candy posted:

If you had a choice on when you got pregnant, what made you aware that it was the right time?

I have a steady job (almost impossible to get fired here, woo), my husband will be finished with grad school in December (PLEASE GOD), we have about as much money as an anthropologist and an anthropologist/librarian are ever likely to have (not a lot, but it's not likely to get better), and after my dad's death last September we decided that we should at least let our moms have a grandchild before they kick it. I don't know if it's ever "the right time," but this was as good a time as any :shobon:

If it makes you feel better, when I taught introductory classes during grad school, the people who hands-down always did best were people who had raised families and were coming back to school. They were more dedicated, studied harder, and appreciated it more, plus they showed up more often than the kids in class. They usually ended up at or near the top of the class grades-wise.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist

Tulip Candy posted:

I'm not pregnant, but I'm debating trying to become so in the next few months, so I have some questions for ladies that have already gone through it.

If you had a choice on when you got pregnant, what made you aware that it was the right time? My partner is eager to have kids and so am I, but he's also at a different stage in life that I'm at. He's 25 and has a stable career, I'm 22 and can't seem to find something I want to pursue and so far have no degree. Sometimes I feel that I should just pick up school after I start family, but that sounds a lot easier than it is.

He really wants me to get a least a general degree and worry about a job later, but he also wants to start a family soon, so I'm trying to semi-timeline things in my head and see where everything falls into. I just don't want to be in a situation where our lives become unnecessarily hectic because of an untimely decision (totally aware that a baby will make thing necessarily hectic, though).

This is a tough one. We did intentionally get pregnant, and for me, it was largely due to feeling like my biological clock was tick-tick-ticking away (I had my daughter at 31). My husband is 4 years younger than me, and while he wasn't feeling panicky that we needed to start a family ASAP, he was more than willing to go for it. At that time we both had very good steady jobs, and we were about as financially secure as we could be given the economy. I left my job soon after Cecilia was born to stay home with her. He still has a very stable job and is very much appreciated at his company.

I personally would not have felt like we could move forward having babies if we weren't at least financially secure. If I was in your shoes, I would acknowledge that maybe I could go to school later once I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but I wouldn't start family planning until my husband had a good, steady income that we could rely on (which it sounds like he does). But that is just me, and staying home is important to me.

Also, consider that you could at least do gen ed classes online or something while still taking care of babby, if that is something you're interested in. At least then you'd have some or all of those out of the way when you settle on a degree path.

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

Tulip Candy posted:

In my opinion, you need to have some sort of contingency plan for your life. If nothing else, I've learned that just because things seem stable right now is no guarantee that your life isn't going to change drastically. What I'm saying is, if you don't finish school, and if something should happen to your family (husband gets laid off, becomes disabled, or dies, or you get divorced, or have to move somewhere that you need 2 incomes to get by, etc.) how are you going to support yourself and your child? I'm not saying I've got this all figured out; in fact, it's something that I worry about a lot now.

I guess I sort of made the "mommy track" decision that you're contemplating. Despite having a degree, I have almost no job options (language barrier) where I live now, and the last few years of my life have felt like I've just been on hold anyway, waiting to figure out "what I want to be when I grow up." (I'm 27, so I'm not sure I'll ever have an answer to this.) That said, my decision to get pregnant was overwhelmingly driven by a crazy short-term hormonal urge to procreate. By the time I came to my senses and realized logically we had a lot of poo poo to get in order before we ought to make a baby, it was already too late, and I was already knocked up. I've come to grips with the situation, and am pretty excited about being a mom to this new little person. It also is at least some sort of "plan" for what the next few years of my life will look like, which is comforting in a way. Now I have something concrete to work on instead of just twiddling my thumbs waiting to move back home.

You don't really say that YOU want to have a baby, just that your husband wants to get crackin'. If you're not ready, you need to honestly say so to him, not just opt into it because you're not sure what adulthood and a work-life looks like for you. At 22, you still have a lot of time and opportunity to figure out who you want to be and what you want your life to look like. On the other hand, I feel like once you have a kid, I think you lose a lot of that me-time because all of a sudden, it's your job to be a responsible, stable, role model for your kid and to help them figure out their place in the world.

MoCookies fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 8, 2011

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

My husband and I eloped, then spent the next two years traveling the world and doing all the things we wanted to experience before having kids (scuba diving was a big one for me!)

I knew I wanted kids around the age of 30, because I knew I wanted to have multiple kids and I didn't want to be elderly when they graduated high school. I made a point of really enjoying my 20s and making sure I was comfortable with myself and my husband before moving on to parenthood. I also hung out with couples who had kids to see what techniques worked for them and to learn from their mistakes.

I worked right up until the fall before I got pregnant, but I don't foresee going back unless our finances demand it. I made sure we had a sizable nest egg before I got pregnant, and I made sure my husband was cool with the idea of me being a stay-at-home mom. Essentially, I tried living the hell out of life while still saving money and developing a strong relationship with my husband before trying for kids.

All of that being said, there are simply too many factors to ever be truly "ready" for kids. Some people get all their ducks in a row and then have major troubles with infertility. Some people seem to be in the perfect relationship and then discover their partner cheated on them or lied about financial problems, etc. Some people never feel ready for kids.

It all depends on your lifestyle, your comfort level, your ability to stretch your finances, your energy level, etc. No one can tell you if/when it's the right time for kids.

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

Ben Davis posted:

Just got back from the hospital with heavy bleeding--the baby is still fine and at the right age and its heart is beating, but part of the placenta detached. I guess all I can do is lie flat and wait to find out which way it's going to go. The bleeding seems to have at least slowed greatly now, but we're still so scared.

That's so scary. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well.

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

My husband and I were married almost 2 years ago, and we started trying for kids right away because I had a feeling it would take a while to get pregnant--and it did.

However, I am glad, in a way, that it took a while to conceive because it let us enjoy time together as a couple and adjust to married life without kids right away. My husband's moved up a bit in his career, which is nice, and while we don't have a TON of savings, we have a decent emergency fund and we have worked out how to live on just his income once the baby arrives.

Career-wise for me, I haven't done a goddamn thing with my college degree. I've worked at a preschool for the last three years and while I hate the school itself and the way it's run, being around kids all day has let me confirm that I do want my own kids. I've been wanting to quit that job for a while, but I have no idea what I REALLY want to do with my life. Becoming pregnant has actually been sort of comforting and given me focus because now I know I'm going to be "Mom" for a while.

We also chose to start a family in our mid-twenties because we figure we'll have more time and energy to spend with them, as opposed to being in our forties and busy at the top of our careers. Also, our parents and grandparents are still around and young and healthy enough to visit and enjoy their grand and great-grandchildren often, which is important to us. Really, we could have waited a few more years to start a family, but right now felt...well, RIGHT.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

Idonie posted:

That's so scary. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well.
Thanks so much. We spoke with someone at our practice and apparently out ultrasound and bloodwork checked out promising enough that I don't need to come in, just keep on with bedrest and have an ultrasound Wednesday to check out the baby again. Even spotting has stopped. I'm nervous to dare hope that it might turn out okay after all this!

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

Tulip Candy posted:

This is a tricky question, because as several other posters have said, the 'right time' is pretty subjective. I got married at 30, and went back to school a year later to finish my BA, got my degree at 33, and then started trying to get pregnant. Our theoretical plan was that I'd stay home the first year with the baby, and then go to grad school when s/he was a year old. Baby is now almost two, and we're planning on another one next year, and grad school is no longer on my horizon because being a stay-at-home mom is a fulltime job & a half, and high quality childcare is *so insanely expensive* that I'd need to have a really awesome job in order to afford the level of care/attention that I can give her for 'free'.

I don't know you or your situation, but pregnancy is frankly scary, dangerous, body-altering, and life-altering even if you don't get a kid out of it -- and then having a child changes absolutely everything forever. The right time is the time in which *both* you and your husband want to do it, and are willing to take the risks and make the sacrifices involved. Right now you can go to school, get a job, lose a job, take night classes, whatever floats your boat and the main cost is probably financial. Once you have a child you're making serious decisions about what sort of parenting your child is going to receive, what kind of early education they're getting, who their primary caregiver is, what kind of nutrition they're getting etc etc etc etc etc and depending on your parenting ideology the trade-offs can be huge & really scary.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
To Tulip Candy - My advice would be to not get a general degree just to have one. That is what I did and while I don't regret the education, it was too expensive and did not prepare me for my career. I got a BS in Liberal Studies and now I'm going back to school for Civil Engineering so about 80% of my original classes are useless. And take as many classes as possible at a community college.

Also, if you and your husband want a standard of living that requires two incomes, you may as well bite the bullet and start researching careers seriously. It took a lot of mental energy for me to get to that point and it was hard to figure things out, but it was all necessary. Plus, if you decide that you don't want a career but maybe just a steady office job or something, you won't even need to go back to school.

Good luck!

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

My wife is now at 20 weeks and in her own words, it has been "easy" so far. She's barely showing a tummy, we had the big US and our baby is bang on the development size for her gestational age. Mum to be has not had any negative symptoms from the pregnancy and in the last week I have been able to feel the baby moving about.

I couldn't be happier, having a baby girl is about all I can think about most days.

Oh and everyone is giving us poo poo for finding out the sex prior to birth.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Whitey Ford posted:

My wife is now at 20 weeks and in her own words, it has been "easy" so far. She's barely showing a tummy, we had the big US and our baby is bang on the development size for her gestational age. Mum to be has not had any negative symptoms from the pregnancy and in the last week I have been able to feel the baby moving about.

Yeah, my pregnancy was pretty uneventful except for some major foot/ankle swelling near the end and some heartburn I kept in check by chewing lots of gum. I didn't even have morning sickness. It was only when I missed my due date and my blood pressure went up did things get hairy.

Whitey Ford posted:

Oh and everyone is giving us poo poo for finding out the sex prior to birth.

gently caress 'em.

Eponymous Bosch
Aug 11, 2010
Tulip Candy- I was in the same position as you except a year later. I have a degree now and a future. I just got married and had no prospects, so I thought 'why not pop out a kid?' Dumb dumb dumb. I'm so glad I didn't go through with it. When I asked other students at my university with kids how it was it sounded so unpleasant. They were always behind or anxious or having scheduling conflicts. They couldn't concentrate on their studies and everyone else in group projects or assignments that involved outside time commitments had to work around their schedule and they were resented by the rest of the students.

I graduated with my BA in theater design but that doesn't pay any bills. So I did some career searching and will be attending a one year bridge program to medical school this fall. When I'm done I will be financially stable, easily employable, and mature. I'll also have an identity separate from 'mom.' 22 is so young, go do fun and interesting things then pop out a kid. "there's no right time" is IMHO is a cop out. Becoming a mother shouldn't be done when you have nothing better to do, it should be something you want to do and do with the greatest consideration.

kibble
Dec 31, 2003
all kibble - none of the bits

Winson_Paine posted:

fibroids are tricky creatures

Getting caught up on the thread and saw this. I had large fibroids during my pregnancy and would be happy to answer any questions you might have. I have a myomectomy scheduled at the end of August.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
Thank you for the replies, everybody. It really helps me out to see what thought processes you all went through for this.
Money isn't an issue for us, he makes more than enough for all of us so having extra income from me working would be nice but definitely not a necessity. I agree with what MoCookies said and that I should have a backup plan in case the unthinkable happens and I'm planning on going back to community college to at least get my gen ed out of the way, no matter what I do.

I DO want to have kids, but I'm an obsessive planner and I need to think of every option available before I go through with such an important decision. :)

Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009

Eponymous Bosch posted:

Tulip Candy- I was in the same position as you except a year later. I have a degree now and a future. I just got married and had no prospects, so I thought 'why not pop out a kid?' Dumb dumb dumb. I'm so glad I didn't go through with it. When I asked other students at my university with kids how it was it sounded so unpleasant. They were always behind or anxious or having scheduling conflicts. They couldn't concentrate on their studies and everyone else in group projects or assignments that involved outside time commitments had to work around their schedule and they were resented by the rest of the students.

I graduated with my BA in theater design but that doesn't pay any bills. So I did some career searching and will be attending a one year bridge program to medical school this fall. When I'm done I will be financially stable, easily employable, and mature. I'll also have an identity separate from 'mom.' 22 is so young, go do fun and interesting things then pop out a kid. "there's no right time" is IMHO is a cop out. Becoming a mother shouldn't be done when you have nothing better to do, it should be something you want to do and do with the greatest consideration.

Slight derail, but where did you find a 1 year bridge to med school with a theater design BA. That sounds pretty amazing.

bellybutton
Feb 5, 2005
Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.
I'm 36 weeks pregnant now, and I'm set to pop at any minute. (I have a unicornuate uterus, so the fact that I've made it this far is amazing and surprising).

The little one is still breech inside me, and because of the uterus situation, my doctor is not willing to try a version. Also because of the uterus situation, it's a pretty certain thing that I'm going to have to have a c-section.

This is scaring the hell out of me. Laying on a table while the doctor guts you, and removes a squirmy little baby, all while you're awake? What the hell kind of crazy poo poo is this? Then, 4-5 days in the hospital, with a newborn? WHAT?

So yeah. I'm really, really afraid. I recognize that most women who are 8 months pregnant are terrified. I recognize that millions and millions of women have C-Sections every year, and they and their babies are just fine. I recognize that my fear is irrational. This does not make me any less afraid.

How am I supposed to take care of a baby in the two weeks after surgery? Am I just freaking the hell out because I'm 8 months pregnant, and that's what I'm supposed to be doing?

Also, I've gone from being a pretty happy gal who cried a little more easily than normal to absolute bitch in the last week. Also, morning sickness has returned. My doctor says both of these are completely normal, hormonal things and that they are very common in the home stretch. Heads up to all the newly pregnant Goons!

Natzor
Oct 8, 2006
Oh Bellybutton, I wish I had words of wisdom for you, but I feel similar. I'm only 9 weeks and now that I've had an ultrasound and know the baby is healthy, my new fear is delivery.

I'm not telling anyone for another 3 weeks and if one more person comments on my lack of drinking alcohol, I am going to smack them. I was never a big drinker, why is this a big deal?

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!
I'm 35 weeks and my doctor doesn't think I'm a good candidate for a VBAC, so I'm having another surgery. Last time I did my best with labor, but baby didn't want to come out after 2-3 hours of pushing. By then I was so drugged up and tired that I wanted the baby out and didn't care how. I didn't really feel anything with the surgery, other than afterwards all the side effects of the drugs, which they gave me even more drugs for. I think the worst part of recovery was I felt bad that I somehow didn't do everything I could to have a normal delivery. I also tore, and adding that to everything wasn't fun either.

Anyway, having gone through it once, I'm not worried about the surgery at all. I'm annoyed that it's scheduled for 2pm and I can't eat or drink for 8 hours beforehand. I hate to say it, but I am so sick of my job that I'm just excited about my maternity leave. My husband can take a couple of weeks off, and one of our moms should be around, so I'll have someone to take care of my two year old and other things. Recovery is annoying with the lifting restrictions and stuff, but it was never very painful or anything.

Also the extra time at the hospital was actually nice, and I almost didn't want to go home. I mean it's annoying when you're finally about to doze off and some nurse comes in to give you medication or something, but they helped out a ton.

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

bellybutton posted:

I'm 36 weeks pregnant now, and I'm set to pop at any minute. (I have a unicornuate uterus, so the fact that I've made it this far is amazing and surprising).

The little one is still breech inside me, and because of the uterus situation, my doctor is not willing to try a version. Also because of the uterus situation, it's a pretty certain thing that I'm going to have to have a c-section.

This is scaring the hell out of me. Laying on a table while the doctor guts you, and removes a squirmy little baby, all while you're awake? What the hell kind of crazy poo poo is this? Then, 4-5 days in the hospital, with a newborn? WHAT?

I found out my daughter was breech at 36 weeks, and did end up having a C-section, and I *really remember* how terrified I was when I found out that it was likely. You have my deepest sympathy. I don't think you're being 'irrational' -- there's a lot of unknowns coming up, and fear is a natural response to that, even if it isn't the response that serves you best right now. Yes, some of the freaking out is probably hormonal, but it's still real & it's happening & it is in fact what you're supposed to be doing!

I'm not sure if you're looking for advice about the C-section process and the time in the hospital after (both of which I'd be happy to give; there's stuff you can do to make it more positive experience), or if you just needed to vent, so for the moment I'm just going to say that I hear you, and I get it.

Mangue
Aug 3, 2007
Last week I had some mild spotting the day after my husband and I had sex. I was a little worried but there really wasn't any cramping and it only lasted one day. Today, I got out of bed and experienced a pretty severe sharp pain in my left lower abdomen and dizziness. It only lasted a couple of seconds and I brushed it off as potentially being round ligament pain. However, a couple hours later, I experienced some really light spotting again. (My husband and I have not had sex since the first incident.)

I have already had an ultrasound so an ectopic pregnancy is pretty much the last thing on my list. Am I just freaking out needlessly? I called my doc the first time I spotted a bit and he just said to monitor it and make an appointment if it got worse. Did anyone else experience any sort of "regular" pains and spotting during early pregnancy? Should I call again? I am between 7 and 8 weeks along and I don't have another OB appointment for a couple of weeks.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

bellybutton posted:

So yeah. I'm really, really afraid. I recognize that most women who are 8 months pregnant are terrified. I recognize that millions and millions of women have C-Sections every year, and they and their babies are just fine. I recognize that my fear is irrational. This does not make me any less afraid.

When I went past my due date and my cervix was "high and hard", I got a little worried. When my blood pressure started to rise over the few days after and I was told I would likely be scheduled for a C-section, I got a little more worried. When they did a "no-stress test" and I heard the baby's heartbeat and it all kind of hit me that I was going to be giving birth and had to care for this little person and my desire for a natural birth on my due date was being thwarted and what the hell did I know about raising a kid...I broke down in the doctor's office.

I decided to try for an induction the day before my C-section was scheduled. I was 6 days past my due date, and I figured it would be my best shot for vaginal delivery. After 24 hours of cervidil and pointless contractions, I was barely 1 cm dilated and had to have the C-section anyway. For someone who had never been in a hospital before, all the wires, nurses, heart monitors and scrubs were overwhelming. Being wheeled into the surgery room was pretty scary, and getting the epidural was probably the worst part. I was quietly weeping during the whole procedure, fearing for the worst.

But there were moments of pure bliss, as odd as that sounds. They were playing awesome 80s music in the delivery room, and I remember Bohemian Rhapsody was on when my son was delivered. I remember my tiny Asian doctor showing me my son for the first time, and he was literally half her size. I remember the massive relief I felt when they pulled out my placenta. I remember the immediate body shakes I had recovering from surgery.

And I remember they wheeled in my son about 2 hours after delivery and he's been mine ever since.

You will go through a rollercoaster of emotion and pain, but (hopefully) it will all be worth it.

bellybutton posted:

How am I supposed to take care of a baby in the two weeks after surgery? Am I just freaking the hell out because I'm 8 months pregnant, and that's what I'm supposed to be doing?

This is what friends and family are for, to do dishes, get you food, etc.

Janelle
Apr 5, 2004

yawnie posted:

hospital concerns

The hospital I gave birth at had the same policy. I would just keep the baby with me and the nurses would come get baby once the pediatrician got there. They would them bring him back once dr was done. The longest time he was away from me, was about 3 hours while my ob did his circ, but they assured me that they wouldn't feed him (I breastfeed) and if he got hungry they would bring him to me. Apparently though babies who have circs don't eat well that day, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Also, my hospital had a 'mommy rest period' when all guests had to leave. The nurses had no problems with visitors coming and seeing any of the patients. I had husband, 2 kids, in-laws, and friends come and it was ok. They said that some of the new moms have a hard time telling people to leave so it was more of a help to them.

*edit to ask breastfeeding moms: How long did you nurse for?

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist

Janelle posted:

We're still going at 15 months, with an SNS (supplemental nursing system). The plan is to do child-led weaning, so we'll keep nursing until she is done. That's the plan, which is of course subject to change if there are circumstances that merit it.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
I'm totally in the I cup bra size too. I tried a regular H cup yesterday and it was too small. Ugh. I knew they were going to grow but seriously, I'm just short of wrapping them in an ace bandage and calling it good. Paired with a 36/38 band size, I'm about ready to cry. Holler if you find anything, I'll keep a look out as well. I think I'll take a trip to Nordstrom soon and see if there is anything there that is wearable.

Revenant77
Aug 28, 2004

Not so sweet

Mangue posted:

Last week I had some mild spotting the day after my husband and I had sex. I was a little worried but there really wasn't any cramping and it only lasted one day. Today, I got out of bed and experienced a pretty severe sharp pain in my left lower abdomen and dizziness. It only lasted a couple of seconds and I brushed it off as potentially being round ligament pain. However, a couple hours later, I experienced some really light spotting again. (My husband and I have not had sex since the first incident.)

I have already had an ultrasound so an ectopic pregnancy is pretty much the last thing on my list. Am I just freaking out needlessly? I called my doc the first time I spotted a bit and he just said to monitor it and make an appointment if it got worse. Did anyone else experience any sort of "regular" pains and spotting during early pregnancy? Should I call again? I am between 7 and 8 weeks along and I don't have another OB appointment for a couple of weeks.

I had light spotting throughout my first trimester. It scared me every single time I saw any sort of spotting. In my case, it was mainly implantation and irritation but it scared me just the same. I was told if it was light and brown, then not to worry. If it was pink or red and there was cramping then I should call the doctor. But by all means, call the doctor if you are concerned. That's what they are there for.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

VorpalBunny posted:

Yeah, my pregnancy was pretty uneventful except for some major foot/ankle swelling near the end and some heartburn I kept in check by chewing lots of gum. I didn't even have morning sickness. It was only when I missed my due date and my blood pressure went up did things get hairy.
Yes my wife has had no morning sickness either.

I still can't get over how crazy our reproductive cycle is, and I probably never will.

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher

Janelle posted:

2 1/2 years for each of my older kids. My 10 month old is still nursing and I plan to be done before 3 years.

chknflvrdramen
Sep 11, 2007
Making the world a better place... with cookies!
Still nursing on demand at 24 months. I'm planning to go as long as he wants or until I physically can't do it anymore.

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

I'm totally cranky this morning because the girl's name I had my heart set on, is now officially a celebrity-baby name. drat you, Posh Spice! :argh: I knew the name (which is Harper, by the way) was sorta one of those "up and coming names" popular names, but now I'm wondering if I need to go back to the drawing board. We've got a fairly common last name, and I wanted a less common first name for this kid. Would you change your unborn baby's name if a major celebrity just used it?

MoCookies fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 11, 2011

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
Nah, I wouldn't, if I had my heart set on it (Harper is an awesome name, by the way, and one we considered). I doubt people will think you are just so enthralled with the Beckhams that you used the same name for your kid.

Chandrika
Aug 23, 2007
I'm still "breastfeeding" (pumping), and my daughter is 22 months. If she had breastfeed properly, I would have let her nurse until she weaned herself, but I'm thinking of weaning her after she turns two. Pumping is a lot of work, but I don't want her to miss out on the advantages of breastmilk. Also, my honey and I are going to try for another baby soon, and I'm apparently one of those women whose fertility is delayed the entire duration of breastfeeding, as I still haven't got my period back.

MoCookies - screw Posh Spice. If you love the name Harper, use it! It's not like they'll be cousins or classmates. I have the same unconventional name as a pretty famous actress my age, and it has been brought up (to my face) exactly twice in 31 years. No biggie.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

I've had several people ask us if we named Charlotte after the sex & the city character. Who would even do that was it even popular enough for that to happen 2 years ago? Basically who cares what people will think/say? No matter what someone's going to comment on whatever name you decide to give your kid. Go with what you've wanted since your heart is set on it. Unless it's something dumb like JaMichael.

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

You guys are making me feel way better about the naming thing. So far, picking out names has honestly been one of the most stressful parts of being pregnant. Maybe because I feel like people are judging what I think is cool? (I'm definitely not cool.) Everything else has totally fallen into place and the decisions were easy to make (cloth diapers, natural childbirth, birth center 3 minutes from my house, etc), but for some reason this has been so much harder.