Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Can someone help me locate the douchechilliest moment in radio when Artie did his "did Katie couric ever call you a friend of the family" Ed torian impression in front of al roker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capisano
Sep 11, 2001

Brutal

Millstone posted:

Can someone help me locate the douchechilliest moment in radio when Artie did his "did Katie couric ever call you a friend of the family" Ed torian impression in front of al roker?

http://soundcloud.com/dustyapollo/artie-roker/s-nb6Rd

Artie says it around the 1:20 mark.

This was on 4/1/2008, George was in studio too
http://www.marksfriggin.com/news08/3-31.htm#tue

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Capisano posted:

http://soundcloud.com/dustyapollo/artie-roker/s-nb6Rd

Artie says it around the 1:20 mark.

This was on 4/1/2008, George was in studio too
http://www.marksfriggin.com/news08/3-31.htm#tue

thank you !

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/howard-stern-s-hamptons-magazine-photoshoot-hits-stands

Hampton Howie's photoshoot. Those look pretty drat good for an amateur.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/howard-stern-s-hamptons-magazine-photoshoot-hits-stands

Why do he and beth so vehemently deny she got implants? If you look at her bikini shots, its so obvious. It looks like someone shoved a straw into her chest and blew into it. Granted they are small implants, but still.

Also, its still funny to me to this day that not only is Bubba's wife hotter than Howards, she is way more sexually wild and fun. Their relationship with animals is funny too.

Heather lets Bubba eat hamburgers while she rides him.
Beth drags Howard to NSAL events.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
http://new.music.yahoo.com/bubba-the-love-sponge/tracks/bk-stacker-is-paradise--180452625

My favorite Ned parody song ever. I burned this to CD and listened to it on repeat while driving to Burger King to get a BK Stacker.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Just found this gem in a 2008 ETM call:

Howard A. Stern who is suing Sirius XM over a contract dispute posted:

And I'll tell you one thing about Mel which you don't know, Eric. Uh, he's not a dealbreaker. He's a guy who honours contracts. A very honourable guy. He never pulls shenanigans -- with anyone that I know of -- I don't mean just me. If he makes a deal, he sticks by it. He's not a scumbag. There's tons of scumbags in this business, there really are, and uh, there are management people who just literally make contracts and then figure out, "well how do I get out without paying?", you know. And they come up with all kinds of shenanigans and all kinds of fuckin', you know, lawsuits, and all [sorts of] bullshit. And uh, you know, Mel's not that kind of guy. He makes a deal, he's a man of his word. I mean, every single deal that I've seen him make -- not just with me -- he has lived up to. He lives in rarefied air among the scumbags I've dealt with. I find him to be very honourable.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

GenoCanSing posted:

Why do he and beth so vehemently deny she got implants? If you look at her bikini shots, its so obvious. It looks like someone shoved a straw into her chest and blew into it. Granted they are small implants, but still.

She also never shits.

Can I tell you my favorite Beth o story?

The fact that her high school principal took her out to dinner and cried when she graduated just freaks me out.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I'd be a regular listener to a daily Artie Lange sports show. gently caress, that would be amazing. He could even "borrow" some bits from the Stern show like him making football picks against the wack pack, even if just to see if Howard bitches about it.

I hope he's been as sober and mentally healthy as he looks. He's such a talent.

The eventual tell-all book about what led up to his release from the show, the suicide attempt, and exactly what the gently caress he's been doing the past year and a half will be amazing.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Ribsauce posted:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/bubba-the-love-sponge/tracks/bk-stacker-is-paradise--180452625

My favorite Ned parody song ever. I burned this to CD and listened to it on repeat while driving to Burger King to get a BK Stacker.

Thats a great one, but IMO Manson/Neds best work is the Casey Anthony song "My Trunk"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D-WxGtjW-Y

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Artie's rubbish at sports knowledge except for making grand sweeping statements in a comedic fashion. He knows some baseball stats by rote, but he doesn't know anything about the NFL beyond NY teams and only then in years they were successful, and I don't think he has any NBA interests whatsoever. I mean, he knows more than Howard, but that's not saying much.

I was listening to the 02/27/07 show this week and in it he claims that Rae Carruth was a DB, he's unsure what team Pacman Jones played for when he had his "Making it Rain" shootout but decided he was a DL player until Gary corrected him, and then he states that Dwayne Wade is "The next Magic Johnson or something".

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Bonzo posted:

She also never shits.

The fact that her high school principal took her out to dinner and cried when she graduated just freaks me out.

Also don't forget, when she and a bunch of kids got suspended for something or another, he went to her house to have lunch with her every single school day until she was reinstated.

Dude had some serious problems.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Ether Frenzy posted:

Artie's rubbish at sports knowledge except for making grand sweeping statements in a comedic fashion. He knows some baseball stats by rote, but he doesn't know anything about the NFL beyond NY teams and only then in years they were successful, and I don't think he has any NBA interests whatsoever. I mean, he knows more than Howard, but that's not saying much.

I was listening to the 02/27/07 show this week and in it he claims that Rae Carruth was a DB, he's unsure what team Pacman Jones played for when he had his "Making it Rain" shootout but decided he was a DL player until Gary corrected him, and then he states that Dwayne Wade is "The next Magic Johnson or something".

But that's just part of what makes him such a cuddly muffin. He doesnt have to be right about everything if he's funny. Besides, a clean and sober Artie could probably be better and more motivated to focus on current sports events than heroin junkie Artie ever was.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah, I definitely agree he's great -- it's his quick wit that makes his contributions to sports discussions what they are. I really hope he comes back to the show, listening to these shows from early '07 totally highlights how much he adds, and causes Robin & Howard to be funnier themselves.

Also: Whoever shared the Ted Kennedy clips pack years ago, thanks again for that. So many hilarious moments in there, the Mickey Mouse one loving slayed me repeatedly the other night driving home. I rewinded it maybe 5 times and was laughing like a moron in traffic the whole time. (Howard plays a Disney clip of Mickey saying some recorded horseshit about turning 80 or whatever the event was, Fred immediately plays a drunken Riley Martin clip saying "gently caress you in your fuckin' rear end")

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I don't know if Artie would be structured enough to host a podcast show like Adam Corolla, but if he did it undoubtedly be great.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Artie yesterday on the Stern Show Shuffle when William Hung was in:

"Hey Howard, I know what he can call his band?"
"What's that, Artie?"
"Chink Floyd"

Even Howard audibly cringed, but it was so loving hilarious.

brewz
Nov 25, 2000

I've been listening to the Joe Rogan podcast quite a bit lately.

I'm fairly certain I would pay money to hear Joe Rogan/Artie Lange together on the radio every day.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

brewz posted:

I've been listening to the Joe Rogan podcast quite a bit lately.

I'm fairly certain I would pay money to hear Joe Rogan/Artie Lange together on the radio every day.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! They'd have so much to talk about with their rich standup backgrounds and drug use. Plus Rogan talks about the Stern show frequently.

I've been tweeting him about it! Anyone else with a twitter account should join in! He's @joerogan or his manpanion @redban

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Qaz Kwaz posted:

To be honest, the one with Beth on her back is pretty bad and the one with Beth and her friend looks like something a normal person would take. I also can't help but wonder how many of the lighting effects were photoshopped in. It would be interesting to see the originals.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

If Artie does ever come back to the Stern show, it sounds like it'd be atleast another 12 months minimum. Sounds like he lately was, or still is in rehab.

But Howard has another 4.5 years to kill on his new contract, so one day, we can hope :shobon:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Jason Kaplan is batting 1,000 on the nerd scale, and I won't even count the ugliness he can't help

1) Comic book shirt
2) Too long cargo shorts
3) High white socks
4) Obese
5) Shirt 3 times as large as it should be
6) Goofy grin

And every tweet all weekend was about food (while in HAWAII!!!!!) and he hosts a loving fast food show, have some pride in yourself man, goddamn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Irish Joe posted:

To be honest, the one with Beth on her back is pretty bad and the one with Beth and her friend looks like something a normal person would take. I also can't help but wonder how many of the lighting effects were photoshopped in. It would be interesting to see the originals.

I got the unedited photos:

PS: I think Beth is really hot, I just like making the easy jokes.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007
Did anyone else glance at this real quick and read it as "HAM HANDS" magazine?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sizzlechest posted:

Did anyone else glance at this real quick and read it as "HAM HANDS" magazine?

Kinda.

Beth's mouth is scaring me. She looks like she's trying to pout, but it ends up making her look like a really silly vampire.

Grabulon
Jul 25, 2003

Ribsauce posted:

And every tweet all weekend was about food (while in HAWAII!!!!!) and he hosts a loving fast food show, have some pride in yourself man, goddamn

He's a big dude with a cool 'tude.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Bonzo posted:

Compounding that fact is Beth thinking he acted this way because he was a sweet guy and a good friend.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

That pic is accentuating the horseness.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Beth is so hot. drat.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

hunter x az posted:

Beth is so hot. drat.

Thank you Bobo. Next caller.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

lynch_69 posted:

Bobo would have worked in something about seeing it on Howard TV though.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
From now on if you want to make a post ITT you need to work in a Howard TV plug.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Millstone posted:

Bobo would have worked in something about seeing it on Howard TV though.

Exactly, complimenting Beth is a Pittsburgh Pete move.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
That Artie/Nick show was great. Made me go back and listen to October 2004 Artie during the Yankee ALCS collapse.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

TheLakers posted:

That Artie/Nick show was great.

Yeah, I think almost everyone has already said it, but Artie was killing it. He hasn't missed a beat. The only bad thing about hearing him on there is that it just makes me want him back on the regular show even more, and I have a feeling it just isn't going to happen.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
"hey gare this is artie..."

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Jesus I would think Howard has spoken more with Artie than he has let on in the past. I mean, he's not that detatched as a human being is he?

I want to try and give him the benefit out the doubt due to the centuries of therapy he's had and think that perhaps he's protecting Artie by not talking about him or his progress or his possible return to the show.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

chiz posted:

I want to try and give him the benefit out the doubt due to the centuries of therapy he's had and think that perhaps he's protecting Artie by not talking about him or his progress or his possible return to the show.

This is how I always looked at it. I was really annoyed before we knew the severity of Artie's situation, but I think Howard handled it the best way he could.

Some of the people on SFN need a reality check that Artie may have (even partially) put a knife in his stomach seven times over the show itself.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

-Atom- posted:

This is how I always looked at it. I was really annoyed before we knew the severity of Artie's situation, but I think Howard handled it the best way he could.

Some of the people on SFN need a reality check that Artie may have (even partially) put a knife in his stomach seven times over the show itself.

Thats something that I have wondered about his suicide attempt too.

Why?

Closest I can come is that he was depressed from being off the poo poo, had let down his family multiple times, and was jeapordizing his career on the show and probably just thought "you know what, gently caress it, this is the way I am, I am the problem." and acted out accordingly.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm pretty sure it had a lot more to do with his father and him realizing he's outlived him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

lynch_69 posted:

Bobo = Zolar = Joey Boots

I refuse to believe that they are three separate people.