Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Gretchen Hamel is retarded and her lopsided potato head is distracting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

"working title: Whoops there's a dick in me". Haha nice burn.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
What did David Carr say during overtime that made him say "did I just say that?" I didn't quite catch it. Good show overall, it was pretty funny.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS

porkfriedrice posted:

What did David Carr say during overtime that made him say "did I just say that?" I didn't quite catch it. Good show overall, it was pretty funny.

Bill was talking about how in NJ, it's not appropriate for politicians to dumbing poo poo down like saying how it's none of anyone's business whether I believe in evolution or not. It's okay in Kansas, Missouri, etc...

Carr asked him why he's ragging on Christie so much.

Bill Maher:
It's because of what I just said. I take it very personally that I got a nice public school education there and now there is a governor of that state saying things that I never imagined a governor of that state would say. Maybe it's false pride but I think New Jersey is more sophisticated than other states because I'm from there.

Carr:
I think if it's Kansas, Missouri ,no big deal, that's the dance of the low sloping foreheads, the middle places, right?

Pelosi:
It's okay. It's HBO, not TV. It's HBO.

Carr:
Did I just say that aloud?.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Bill really does get terrible audiences. He does blame them for hating some lovely jokes too much, but if you can't get a group to chant USA after a pro America discussion, what the gently caress. I'm not even American but he wants to retake patriotism from the right? Not a great way

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011
Five articulate guests plus funny New Rules.

What happened?

On a more serious note, Spanish goon loves this show (when it's good)

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

ApexAftermath posted:

"working title: Whoops there's a dick in me". Haha nice burn.

He invoked the wrath of the all mighty foxnation with that one http://nation.foxnews.com/bill-maher/2011/06/27/bill-maher-officially-pig-0

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

lynch_69 posted:

He invoked the wrath of the all mighty foxnation with that one http://nation.foxnews.com/bill-maher/2011/06/27/bill-maher-officially-pig-0

Maher must be an afterthought now since lately they've been going after John Stewart on the TV side. Fox's War on Comedy?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I guess there was no Real Time last night?

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

SERIOUS posted:

I guess there was no Real Time last night?

No, he said last week they were going to be off this week.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Jesus that last section with Chaz got very uncomfortable for a bit.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

ApexAftermath posted:

Jesus that last section with Chaz got very uncomfortable for a bit.

Yeah it felt pointless. He/she is terribly uncharismatic and a boring guest. As much as I hate her, Ann Coulter is the best guest in a while. She's a humorless bitch normally but on Bill's show she seems to enjoy the sarcastic fun and attention.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Godinster posted:

Yeah it felt pointless. He/she is terribly uncharismatic and a boring guest. As much as I hate her, Ann Coulter is the best guest in a while. She's a humorless bitch normally but on Bill's show she seems to enjoy the sarcastic fun and attention.

Yeah she was fairly restrained tonight I was a bit shocked.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The first half of this episode drove me up a wall. Two rightwing batty women interrupting everyone to spout half-baked ideology does not make a good show.

"The government does not create jobs!"
"Really? During the Great Depression the government didn't create jobs?"
"Ok yes... but they weren't job jobs!"

Ann Coulter is a loving troll, physically and mentally. She's the Jan Brady of politics, stamping her feet and shaking her head when people stop giving her attention for two seconds. Her politics are idiotic but her personality is even worse.

ugghhh Bill, come onnnnn, whaaaaat

edit: holy gently caress she claims on Overtime that we bombed Egypt and forced out President Mubarak? She is beyond stupid.

Former Human fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 9, 2011

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Former Human posted:

The first half of this episode drove me up a wall. Two rightwing batty women interrupting everyone to spout half-baked ideology does not make a good show.

"The government does not create jobs!"
"Really? During the Great Depression the government didn't create jobs?"
"Ok yes... but they weren't job jobs!"

Ann Coulter is a loving troll, physically and mentally. She's the Jan Brady of politics, stamping her feet and shaking her head when people stop giving her attention for two seconds. Her politics are idiotic but her personality is even worse.

ugghhh Bill, come onnnnn, whaaaaat

edit: holy gently caress she claims on Overtime that we bombed Egypt and forced out President Mubarak? She is beyond stupid.
:stare: Did she unhinge her jaw and swallow a jungle rat right before this, or is that just a huge adam's apple?

usually
Sep 9, 2004

e

usually fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 21, 2012

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

REPUBLICANBOT 9000

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I got a good laugh at the Ann Cooter bit in Overtime that seemingly went right over her head....her constantly laughing head...

This week was a mixed bag overall---one of these days Bill needs to put a hidden cam in the Green Room before he hangs the show up just to show the world exactly how some of these folk play it off camera.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Chaz Bono was a waste of time. Maher and Coulter are too chummy. He wouldn't let anyone else come one there and spew the garbage she's allowed to. He made Chris Hayes look tough.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
I'm pretty sure the boondocks is literally correct w/r/t Ann Coulter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1seThIG34R8

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
Oh my god, Ann Coulter has such a frightening laugh. It's like robotic, disingenuous and immediately makes you uncomfortable. And it's constant. Why is it that the high-profile right wing women have this strange laugh?

Oh yeah, and I think Ann Coulter has her own groupies or they loaded up that audience with nutjobs because there's no way the average Real Time audience would be cheering and supporting Coulter and whatever points she was making.

Dudebro fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 10, 2011

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
This whole episode stank, until the final New Rule. That was a great final New Rule - Bill Maher really shines when he's angry about something.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
The fly that was buzzing around was an example of why they should not rent a studio from CBS. Or that a fly was buzzing around

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Episode was difficult to watch, mainly because I watch Real Time to escape the Ann Coulters of everyday life.

And yeah, Coulter definitely had some plants in that audience. There'd be a single guy yelling and clapping after everything she said, regardless of how idiotic, sensible or coherent it sounded. It was almost amazing watching her cleverly evade reason like water from a duck's back, and it seems like her particular brand of insanity is becoming more pervasive in this country :(

But you can't really fault Bill for taking it easy on her. If he eviscerated every right-wing nutjob on his show there'd be a straight liberal panel on week in and week out.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

But you can't really fault Bill for taking it easy on her. If he eviscerated every right-wing nutjob on his show there'd be a straight liberal panel on week in and week out.

Well, if they can't take the heat...

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

By the end of the show, I decided that that guy wasn't a plant but instead was trying to mock her by cheering ironically.

loving hipsters.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I can't tell if Ann was being serious or just trolling or both.

Also I did some slight research on here (since I've hardly heard of her before, and some of the poo poo she says is unbelievable.

"In 1960, whites were 90 percent of the country. The Census Bureau recently estimated that whites already account for less than two-thirds of the population and will be a minority by 2050. Other estimates put that day much sooner. One may assume the new majority will not be such compassionate overlords as the white majority has been. If this sort of drastic change were legally imposed on any group other than white Americans, it would be called genocide. Yet whites are called racists merely for mentioning the fact that current immigration law is intentionally designed to reduce their percentage in the population."

I mean what the gently caress? Should I get mad at this? Laugh at this? Face palm this?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

punk rebel ecks posted:

I can't tell if Ann was being serious or just trolling or both.

Also I did some slight research on here (since I've hardly heard of her before, and some of the poo poo she says is unbelievable.

"In 1960, whites were 90 percent of the country. The Census Bureau recently estimated that whites already account for less than two-thirds of the population and will be a minority by 2050. Other estimates put that day much sooner. One may assume the new majority will not be such compassionate overlords as the white majority has been. If this sort of drastic change were legally imposed on any group other than white Americans, it would be called genocide. Yet whites are called racists merely for mentioning the fact that current immigration law is intentionally designed to reduce their percentage in the population."

I mean what the gently caress? Should I get mad at this? Laugh at this? Face palm this?

She is a polemicist, arguing for things she doesn't believe just to get people angry. I dismiss her as an intellectual and put the bread in the oven to make dinner.

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

Whites are afraid of being the minority in this country because they know how terribly they treat minorities and are afraid they'll get what they gave. True story.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ann Coulter is human trash but I think her laugh is kinda cute :shobon:

(It may also help I don't watch the show I just listen to the podcast so I didn't have to actually look at her)

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Funny episode. Sometimes it is nice to hear a majority liberal opinion without a loon making dishonest statements to gently caress it all up.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Was anyone else unable to see Overtime tonight? Wouldn't work for me. Certainly was a good episode, pretty funny and insightful overall. The nutrition guy in the interview segment was a little awkward. He was having trouble answering Bill's leading questions.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:
Nature also provided meat and milk and honey. Silly vegan.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

JerkyBunion posted:

Whites are afraid of being the minority in this country because they know how terribly they treat minorities and are afraid they'll get what they gave. True story.

We'll all be systematically slaughtered and we'll totally deserve it.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
Pretty sure the China Study is bullshit. That's what I gathered from the WW forum.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Something about Mark Cuban's head unnerves me. Was he wearing lipstick?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

FuriousGeorge posted:

His teeth are neon white, if there is such a thing.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

FuriousGeorge posted:

The man just annoyed me. The head didn't help though.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Wow. I am watching it right now and this interview with the old "i don't eat meat" guy is horrible. This guy has no sense of humor and he is totally eccentric and weird. He seems to be missing totally normal cues to let the audience in on what he is all about and maybe get them on his side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronald Spiers
Oct 25, 2003
Soldier
Mark Cuban is pretty dumb about macroeconomics for a billionaire...