Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dammit Park you could've saved us from the pain of Streetlight on Victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous
I got early notification that I'll be reviewing the Reel Big Fish/Streetlight Manifesto show in St. Louis for the radio station. Gonna be a killer show.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

BigHustle posted:

I got early notification that I'll be reviewing the Reel Big Fish/Streetlight Manifesto show in St. Louis for the radio station. Gonna be a killer show.

I've got tickets for that one in Phoenix. Be sure to put your impressions up on here, but I personally can't wait (even though I've seen them both 3 times or so already).

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Anyone going to be at Europa tomorrow night? It's my first BTMI show :neckbeard:

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

DONT READ THIS POST posted:

Anyone going to be at Europa tomorrow night? It's my first BTMI show :neckbeard:

Yep. I'll be in the shirt making fun of Matt Skiba.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

oh boy does this mean I'll finally get to meet other goons at a show??

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.
I'll be there too, their shows are always fun

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Doors open at six my rear end. :mad:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I narrowly avoided hitting on Laura Stevenson after the show (twice!). It's probably for the best.

Great show though.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

I was up front and got smashed into and kicked in the head repeatedly but I loved every minute of it.

I can't hear ANYTHING

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Thornes posted:

I was up front and got smashed into and kicked in the head repeatedly but I loved every minute of it.

I can't hear ANYTHING

Hahaha that was exactly what I said when I got home that night.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
All y'all were there last night? Only met one of you. Great show overall, but I missed The Wild while I was trying to pawn off some fruit outside.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

lessthankyle posted:

All y'all were there last night? Only met one of you. Great show overall, but I missed The Wild while I was trying to pawn off some fruit outside.

That was me. The Wild was really great but Cheap Girls was kinda lame!

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.
BTMI + cheap girls + mikey erg singing hey jealousy was awesome.

(awful camera phone picture)

The Wild was awesome, too.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

I love Mikey Erg <333333

whatta dreamboat.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Any love for the new sublime with rome?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySzDXKr3JY

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

get out.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
it's actually a pretty good song :negative:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

it's actually a pretty good song :negative:

gently caress, it is

e: ok I found the bad song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEo8vjGFYxA&feature=relmfu

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 6, 2011

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

drunk asian neighbor posted:

gently caress, it is

e: ok I found the bad song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEo8vjGFYxA&feature=relmfu

Holy poo poo that was painful to listen to.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Sublime with Rome is decent, but hell, nothing is quite the same as old sublime, and it's just unfair to compare them.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gogey posted:

Catch 22 is decent, but hell, nothing is quite the same as old Catch 22, and it's just unfair to compare them.

e:

Gogey posted:

Reel Big Fish is decent, but hell, nothing is quite the same as old Reel Big Fish, and it's just unfair to compare them.

:shobon:

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

get out.

Who pissed on your ska cornflakes.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Obama Yo Mama posted:

e:

:shobon:

The worst part is these are so valid I just can't even come up with a retort.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress, it is

e: ok I found the bad song: [url][/url]

boy did you ever

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sublime with Rome and 311 must have realized they were splitting their fan base, because they decided to tour together this summer.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i want to know all the dates so i can plan on being as far away from whatever city they are in at any given time

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Gogey posted:

Sublime with Rome is decent, but hell, nothing is quite the same as old sublime, and it's just unfair to compare them.

It's great to compare them live:

Sublime 40 oz to Freedom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeI1Ieov-Hs&feature=related

Sublime with Rome 40 oz to Freedom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXJ0BiL_Ass

Skip to 1:10 in the original Sublime video for the start of the good stuff.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Sublime with Rome and 311 must have realized they were splitting their fan base, because they decided to tour together this summer.

I saw a flyer for that tour at my school in Ohio and thought, 'That is the dream show for dudebros.'

Smegbot
Jul 13, 2006

Mon the Biffy!

gently caress, it is

Every time I hear that I think I'm listening to a (bad) cover of The Skints.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miscellaneous_T posted:

I saw a flyer for that tour at my school in Ohio and thought, 'That is the dream show for dudebros.'

That is exactly who will be there. I worked both of those concerts last year, and O.A.R. back in May.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The new Planet Smashers song isn't anything amazing but it sounds like some of the stuff they did on No Self Control which is a cool throwback. Apparently the new album comes out next week? I guess I live in a dull grey little american cave.

Maybe Capdown can reunite next?? Please??

e: Oh according to Wikipedia, Capdown has gotten back together. Well then I guess I've time warped back to my college days.

e: Listening to samples of the other tracks... this album sounds much better than Unstoppable. Like 'Attack Of...' meets 'Mighty'. Much more energy to this than their last effort. I just wish the horns didn't sound like there was some sort of filter on them, almost like they're haunting the album rather than being in a physical state.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 8, 2011

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Vacation is awesome, at least what I could hear. I got there early enough to stake out the seat right in front of him at the bar and he is totally rad.

buttslave
Jun 8, 2007
Onwards and Upwards!
Saw Streetlight/RBF a few days ago. Streetlight owned (like always) and were having a good time and RBF looked like they were just going through the motions and/or playing their live album verbatim. I had to leave early because RBF was just so boring.

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
Here in Dallas Streetlight played last but their set seemed shorter than RBF's and they left off quite a few big songs

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous
I ended up skipping the Sublime with Rome and 311 since the station got me tickets to review Matisyahu and local ska/reggae legends Murder City Players. I think I attended the better of the two shows. I've never felt my eardrums vibrate at a show before, so I did have a first last night.

Here's my review if anyone's interested in giving it a read.

atwulf
Jul 11, 2011

OH GOD IT BURNS

DarthXaos posted:

Here in Dallas Streetlight played last but their set seemed shorter than RBF's and they left off quite a few big songs

That's a shame. Last time I had a chance to see them was in Philly and I didn't have the cash for a ticket. Hopefully they come around my area again soon, because I'm dying to see them live. What songs did they leave out that you wanted to hear?

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

does anyone know when vacation comes out? all i know is its soon

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

dnz posted:

does anyone know when vacation comes out? all i know is its soon

They said on their site that you had to pre-order by the 10th in order to get everything out in time so hopefully very soon. Don't know if they've posted an exact date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Saw streetlight and RBF in tempe last night. Streetlight was amazing, as always. He hosed with the crowd by pretendinto play Keasby Nights and never went back to it, which I love. I (and I'm sure they) are tired of that song. RBF was pretty decent. I liked their stage presence, and how satirical they are. Still liked streetlight much more, because their music is just so much better IMO. RBF played Sayonara Senorita though which was sweet since I've never heard it before live.